There’s nothing in the parenting handbook that says you need to go with organic formula if you need or choose to go with formula for your infant (formula fed infants).
But if you do have to go the formula route, Plum Organics Formula may be the way to go.
Plum organic infant formula offers a variety of different formulas to help babies with digestive issues and other baby´s health problems like those who are in need or more iron, and once your baby has moved on to baby food, you can stick with the Plum brand like their organic food for babys.
But, until that time comes, Plum Organics Formula is the perfect alternative to human milk or something to use in addition to breastmilk, especially on your baby´s first year.
The taste and ingredients are meant to be as close to the real thing as possible, and it has no added corn syrup solids. It’s got DHA ARA for healthy brain, eye development, and all your baby’s development and it’s completely non-GMO organic.
Although all babies are different, Plum Organics Formula is also extra gentle on babies’ stomachs, thanks to his prebiotics, which is a big deal, especially for those with colic or gas issues. That could be because it’s also made with casein and whey protein, which are protein sources found in actual breastmilk. Use Plum Organics Formula to supplement your breastmilk, use in place of breastmilk, or as a weaning formula as you start to slow down breastfeeding.
It may be considered a little more costly for some families, especially compared to similar organic formulas, but thanks to its ability to mix well and taste like the real thing, this corn syrup free formula it’s well worth the cost.
Of course, there are plenty of other facets to look at before deciding if this organic infant formula is right for you. You can buy it on Amazon (and some other select online retailers) or in most retailer supermarkets. On Amazon, Plum Organics Formula is $31. Check out the latest prices on Amazon.
- 1 Plum Organics Nutrition Features
- 2 How Others Compare | Plum Organics Formula Alternatives
- 2.1 Happy Baby Organic Infant Formula
- 2.2 Earth’s Best Organic Infant Formula
- 2.3 Similac Organic Infant Formula
- 2.4 Has This Item Been Recalled?
- 2.5 Enfamil Premium Non-GMO Infant Formula
- 3 Final Thoughts on Plum Organics
Plum Organics Nutrition Features
- It’s made with all of the necessary prebiotics, vitamins, nutrients and essential fatty acids needed on your baby’s first year development.
- It has completely organic and corn syrup solids-free ingredients
- The formula is also non-GMO and gluten-free
- Since it’s modeled after breastmilk, it’s relatively easy to switch between the two without issues
- There are DHA ARA in the formula for brain and eye development
Plum Organics Pros
- It’s a top choice for supplementing formula with breastmilk since the taste is so similar for babies.
- Most babies don’t see any gassiness or bloating with organic infant Plum Organics formula, which can happen with other similar formulas.
- There are no corn syrup solids added to the ingredients.
- As long as the powder is stirred when mixing, you can avoid any frothy liquid or added bubbles.
- There’s also no added sugars to the ingredients.
Plum Organics Cons
- When compared to other similar organic formulas, Plum Organics is a little more costly.
- Although most babies will take to it as easily as they would with breastmilk, it does have a strong smell.
- It may not cause gas problems, but babies can still potentially get constipation when drinking Plum Organics Formula.
Has Plum Organics Formula Been Recalled?
There are no recent, or current recalls on Plum Organics Formula.
How Others Compare | Plum Organics Formula Alternatives
If your little one is struggling to digest conventional formula, or even US based certified organic formula, it may be worth trying! It certainly helped our #2 who ended up having a pretty serious allergy to corn or corn syrup. To this end, you may also want to check out non-dairy (typically goat milk based) formulas.
With that said, the following are all US-based brands, similar to Plum Organics. This means they are typically available in most supermarkets or major online retailers (European brands are harder to find).
Happy Baby Organic Infant Formula
Like Plum Organics, Happy Baby Organic Infant Formula has different stages and different options depending on your baby’s digestive issues and overall baby’s health, but you can use it for your infant for the first 12 months of his or her life.
The formula is modeled after breastmilk to be as close to the real thing as possible, much like Plum Organics. And it has four times the amount of prebiotics than a lot of other similar organic baby formulas which makes it a great organic infant formula. There are also no corn syrup solids added to the ingredients, but there is DHA and ARA for your baby’s development as they grow, as well as folic acid to promote healthy cell growth.
If your baby has issues with organic lactose, you can opt for one of Happy Baby’s other lower lactose formulas. But as it is, the formula is made with milk from cows raised on organic farms, which makes the formulas naturally sweet where it needs to be. You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in store at Target.
- The formula has lactose as a sweetener instead of corn syrup solids or other added sugars.
- It can help some babies dealing with constipation get through that and have healthier bowel movements.
- It also doesn’t bring on a lot of gas in babies, which is a huge plus, especially for those with sensitive tummies.
- From another standpoint, the container the formula comes in makes scooping it up easier thanks to the scoop holder on the lid.
- Some babies might spit up more than usual with the Happy Baby Organic Infant Formula.
- It does have somewhat of a strong smell initially.
- While constipation is less likely, some babies may get diarrhea instead.
Has Happy Baby Formula Been Recalled?
There are no current or recent recalls on this particular formula.
Earth’s Best Organic Infant Formula
Earth’s Best is known as one of the top formula brands and Earth’s Best Organic Infant Formula is another one comparable to Plum Organics Formula. You can choose from dairy, soy, and sensitivity options to target your little one’s specific needs and in each case, the formula gives your baby what he or she needs to grow and develop in their first year. There are no corn syrup solids added, and the formula includes Omega-3 DHA and Omega-6 ARA fatty acids (dha and ara blend) which are found in breast milk, for your little one’s brain and eye development.
This formula also has lutein for eyes, furthering the nutritional value in Earth’s Best. You can find it on Amazon or in store at Target. On Amazon, Earth’s Best Organic Infant Formula is $35. Check out the latest prices on Amazon.
- There are no harmful additives or sugars added to the organic infant formula.
- You can choose from a variety of different special formulas from Earth’s Best, depending on your little one’s needs and their digestive system.
- It can help reduce gas and colic issues in babies.
- When mixed gently, it easily dissolves without clumps.
- It’s on the pricier side and may be a little too costly or some families to regularly buy.
- Although the powder dissolves relatively easily, some parents may still have a foamy mixture to deal with.
- Babies with reflux issues may still have those issues when drinking this particular formula.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no current or recent recalls on Earth’s Best Organic Infant Formula.
Similac Organic Infant Formula
Similac is another brand parents already trust, so Similac Organic Infant Formula is a top option to compare to Plum Organics Formula. It’s made with organic milk and other organic ingredients, including Similac’s special OptiGro mixture of nutrients. The blend includes DHA, AHA, lutein, Vitamin E, and prebiotics for your baby’s health, development, and immune system.
There are no added artificial growth hormones, as you might see in some other formulas, and it’s all meant to aid your baby in his or her first year. Depending on your baby’s specific needs, though, Similac offers so many different options to help soothe sensitive tummies and prevent colic and gas issues that might arise. You can buy the formula on Amazon or in store at Target and Walmart. On Amazon, the Similac Organic Infant Formula is $30. Check out the latest prices on Amazon.
- It mixes well and doesn’t leave behind clumps.
- The formula has all of the nutrients and vitamins your baby needs for healthy overall development.
- It’s meant to be close to actual breastmilk to allow your infant to digest it a little better than other formulas.
- It’s also gentle on most babies’ stomachs.
- Since there are no preservatives, it isn’t recommended to make bottles too far ahead of time before feeding.
- It has a lot fewer clumps than other formulas, but the foam may still be there.
- In some cases, it can make for awful smelling bowel movements from your baby.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no recent, or current recalls on Similac Organic Infant Formula.
Enfamil Premium Non-GMO Infant Formula
The Enfamil Premium Non-GMO Infant Formula comes in one option for newborns from 0-3 months of age and the infant option for little ones from 0-12 months old, which is, of course, the more ideal option. Either way, though, it has Enfamil’s Unique Triple Health Guard blend which includes 30 different nutrients for your baby’s growth and development. Like Plum Organics Formula, it’s meant to be close to breastmilk in both taste and nutritional benefits in healthy brain development. In fact, it’s said to have twice as much DHA for brain development than Similac has, which is a huge deal. It also has inositol for growing brains, which is something typically found in breastmilk alone.
- The formula makes for an easy transition from breastmilk and back again, as needed.
- There are different stages and even different kinds of formula offered by Enfamil for your baby’s development
- In most cases, there’s less likely to be digestive or gas issues.
- It also mixes well and easily.
- It is on the pricier side.
- There is palm olein oil in the ingredients, which is used for added fat.
- Although it’s non-GMO, it isn’t technically an organic formula.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no recent, or current recalls on this formula.
Final Thoughts on Plum Organics
Obviously, Plum Organics Formula isn’t the best all/end-all when it comes to gentle organic formula. There are a few different options that compare to it well enough and make for possible choices on their own. But when it comes down to it, Plum Organics Formula is a solid choice for any baby who needs it.
- Top Formulas for Babies Struggling with Gas
- 5 Best Non-Dairy Baby Formula Options You’ll Love Just as Much
- Holle vs. Kabrita Baby Formula: Which One Will You Love?
- Baby Formula Recall Watch-list
- Conventional vs Non-GMO Formula Compared