- Aptamil vs Enfamil Formula : Which Is Better? - November 15, 2022
- Hipp vs Aptamil : Which Baby Formula is Best? - November 9, 2022
- Kendamil vs Hipp: Which Baby Formula Is Safer? - November 8, 2022
Do you have a cranky baby and are struggling to find out the reason behind the crankiness? Well, it’s time you check their diaper! Diaper rash is one of the most common skin problems in infants affecting between 7% to 35% of infants in the U.S. There is a great chance that your infant is wearing a diaper smaller than their size. So, when it comes to buying diapers for your baby, you’ve got to be very picky. To help you make an informed purchase, we’ve put together an in-depth comparison between Pampers Swaddlers vs Cruisers.
Pampers is one of the go-to diaper brands for many new moms and dads. But, they fail to identify the differences between Pampers Swaddlers and Pampers Cruisers. Our expert moms and dads have tested both Pampers variants hands-on and have reviewed them in detail. It took them over a week to test the diapers and see what parents have to say about each.
In the Pampers Swaddlers vs Cruisers comparison, we’ll discuss both products in detail, list their top features, pros, and cons. We’ll also share the experiences of some parents who’re already using the products. Read on to know more.
With TheBabySwag SHOP, you can easily add products to your cart and checkout in-article. Click “Shop Now” and follow the popup instructions. That’s all! As you read you can add more products to your cart.
- 1 Main Differences Between Pampers Cruisers vs Swaddlers
- 2 Pampers Swaddlers vs Cruisers – An In-depth Comparison
- 3 Pampers Swaddlers
- 4 Pampers Cruisers
- 5 The Verdict
- 6 FAQs
- 7 Bottom Line: Pampers Cruisers Diapers vs Swaddlers
Main Differences Between Pampers Cruisers vs Swaddlers
The main differences between Pampers Cruisers vs Swaddlers are:
- Pampers Swaddlers have a wetness indicator to show when a diaper is soiled, whereas Cruisers don’t have it.
- Pampers Swaddlers can be used for newborns that have 6 pounds, whereas Cruisers for babies that have 16 pounds.
- Pampers Swaddlers have a wetness channel to keep your baby dry, whereas Pampers Cruisers don’t.
Pampers Swaddlers vs Cruisers – An In-depth Comparison
First things first, Pampers Swaddlers are suitable for diaper sizes N to 6. So, if your baby is oversize 6, you may want to consider Pampers Cruisers.
The diapers are also soft and stretchable. Pampers Swaddlers are suitable for babies with weak mobility.
Pampers Swaddlers Sizes
As already mentioned above, Pampers Swaddlers are suitable for babies between size N and 6. So, if your baby weighs between 5 and 35 pounds, Pampers Swaddlers are all you need to keep them comfortable and dry.
Pampers Swaddlers comes with a unique feature known as Newborn Notch. The notch protects the tiny umbilical stump on your baby’s belly. You won’t find this feature in other regular diapers on the market and it’s something that makes Pampers Swaddlers special.
Our experts simply loved this feature as it did not irritate the cord stumps of their babies or cause any discomfort in the belly area. You’ll find the Notch in sizes N, 1, and 2 diapers.
Disposable diapers typically feel scratchy against the skin. But, you won’t find the scratchiness in the case of Pampers Swaddlers. These diapers are extra soft and do not cause any scratching around the belly or thighs.
In simpler words, the diapers feel like cloth and keep your baby dry. They also come with an “absorb away liner,” which draws the wetness away from your baby’s skin into the core of the diaper. So, you can bid goodbye to rashes and skin irritation.
The Wetness Stripe is another incredible feature of these diapers. Don’t you agree that sometimes it’s almost impossible to tell if your baby’s diaper is wet? Since the urine output is low, the diaper appears dry (dry diapers).
Nevertheless, with the Wetness Stripe, you’ll instantly know if your baby’s diaper is wet. The stripe will changes its color. So, you can change the diaper immediately to prevent diaper rash.
Air and Wetness Channels
Pampers Swaddlers come with grooves in the surface to prevent the concentration of wetness in one area. The Wetness and Air Channels distribute the wetness evenly and keep your baby comfortable during the night when you’re fast asleep. This makes the diaper usable for up to 12 hours.
During the initial months after birth, you may end up changing 6 to 10 diapers daily. So, you definitely need diapers that are easily affordable and pocket-friendly. The good news is that Pampers Swaddlers are affordable and you can buy them even if you’re on a shoestring budget. Thanks to the price range, you don’t need to think about making the most of less diapers.
Top features of Pampers Swaddlers
- #1 choice of hospitals and parents based on sales data
- Provide up to 12 hours of protection
- 2x softer and more comfortable
- Air and Wetness channels allow air to reach your baby’s skin and keep them dry for prolonged periods
- Umbilical cord notch to protect your baby’s belly area
- Wetness indicator to let you know when it’s time to change
- Hypoallergenic and safe
- Free of natural rubber latex and paraben
- AGM gel for absorbency
- Centered tabs for easy fit
- Provide a comfortable fit for your baby
- Leak Protection: No leakage even in the case of increased mobility
- Help in quick absorption and keep your baby dry
- Prevent the development of blisters, skin irritation, or rashes
- The color of the Wetness Stripe changes from yellow to blue when it’s time to change the diaper
- Odor protection: no smell while in use
- Good wetness holding capacity
- Less bulky and thinner than many other diapers on the market
- Suitable for premature babies and infants with weak mobility
- The elastic can feel a little tight on the thighs during summers
- Our experts noticed a white powder on the baby’s skin upon removal of the diaper
- The latest batch of the diapers is non-absorbent
What parents think about Pampers Swaddlers
Pampers Swaddlers is currently rated 3.8 out of 5 stars and here’s what existing parents are saying about the diapers:
- Most parents have mentioned that the diapers provide a comfortable fit for their babies and do not leak. Even if the babies keep juggling here and there, there’s no leakage whatsoever.
- One of the customers has mentioned that the diapers feel as good as cloth diapers. Thanks to Pampers Swaddlers, their 6-month old daughter is finally sleeping through the night.
- Parents simply love the wetness indicator. Now they can easily find out if their babies need a diaper change. The diaper guessing games are long gone!
- One of the customers was struggling to find a cloth diaper of a suitable size for their tiny baby born 3 weeks premature. The N size of Pampers Swaddlers comfortably fit the newborn.
- Some parents with babies who pee frequently are extremely pleased with Pampers Swaddlers. They’ve observed no leakage or rashes ever since they started using these diapers.
- Some parents have mentioned that they noticed a white powder on the baby’s skin after removing the diaper. So, they always have to clean their babies after removing the diapers.
Pampers Cruisers are all about comfort, baby freedom, and mobility. They are easy to put on and remove with easy-tear sides. The diapers are a true combination of design and innovation. The 360-degree fit is an adaptive fit.
The diapers come with a 360-degree stretchable waistband, cotton-like material, and the additional protection of Air Dry Channels and Dual Leak Barriers. So, if you have an active baby and are worried about diaper leakage, Pampers Cruisers can be a good choice.
Pampers Cruisers Sizing
Babies can wear Pampers Cruisers starting at approximately 15 pounds, and up to 40 pounds. As already mentioned above, Pampers Swaddlers go up to size 6 and Pampers Cruisers go up to size 7.
The 3-Way Fit
To prevent leakage, Pampers Cruisers have a unique 3-way fit design. Once your babies start crawling or walking, diapers can become loose from the thigh area. This can lead to unwanted leakage. But, you don’t need to worry about this issue with Pampers Cruisers.
The diapers not only fit perfectly on the waist but also at the bottom and around the legs. So, as your babies begin to bend and move, the diapers move with them. If you’re looking for a comfortable, leak-proof diaper, Pampers Cruisers is all you need.
There’s one thing common between Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers – both feel comfortable and velvety soft, just like cloth diapers. However, Cruisers come with extra soft sides that flex and move with your baby’s movement.
Even though they are stretchable, they do not sag. If you’re sick of sag issues with your existing diapers, rest assured that you won’t face the same complications with Pampers Cruisers.
Is your baby giving you sleepless nights? Well, not anymore. Pamper Cruisers are designed for prolonged comfort. Since the diapers are leak-proof, they keep your baby dry throughout the night. Also, Cruisers can hold more fluid.
They also come with similar Air Dry Channels as Swaddlers that draw moisture away from an area and distribute it evenly across the diaper. So, we promise your baby won’t get up in the middle of the night and give you nightmares.
Have you ever noticed diaper gel on your baby’s legs? Well, that’s common with most diapers on the market. However, the same is not the case with Pampers Cruisers. These diapers come with a unique, contoured fit, highly suitable for active babies. So, whether your baby bends or twists, you won’t find any diaper gel on their body.
The snug fit prevents the diaper gel from leaking onto your baby’s delicate skin. Thanks to the absorbency channels in the diapers, you won’t have to change them too frequently.
When it comes to diapers, pricing is a critical aspect. But, when it comes to pricing, you won’t find any major difference between the product prices of Pampers Swaddlers and Pampers Cruisers. Both diapers cost almost the same. However, Cruisers is a little less costly than Swaddlers. In the longer run, Cruisers would be a more cost-effective option.
Top features of Pampers Cruisers
- Highly suitable for active babies
- 360-degree waistband for a perfect fit
- Easy-tear sides to make removal simple
- Roll and Toss tape for quick disposal
- Air Dry Channel to keep your baby dry for up to 12 hours
- Velvety-soft cotton-like material to protect your baby’s sensitive skin
- Dual leak-guard barriers to prevent leakage during motion
- Best for toddlers who are active and energetic
- Multiple absorbent channels for even distribution the wetness
- Convenient to change and dispose
- No fastening issue
- Do not irritate your baby’s skin or cause rashes even after prolonged wearing
- No foul smell
- Reasonably priced
- Best for overnight use
- 12-hour protection without any leakage
- Can cause an allergic reaction if your baby’s skin is sensitive
- Due to the 360-degree waistband, the back of the diaper does not come up completely
What parents think about Pampers Cruisers
Pampers Cruisers is currently rated 3.6 out of 5 stars and here’s what parents have to say about the diapers:
- Parents are all excited about the pull-ups that have saved their time and effort. With Pampers Swaddlers, diaper changing sessions are no longer exhausting and time-consuming.
- Many parents have mentioned that Pampers Cruisers are softer and more absorbent than regular pull up diapers on the market. They’ve moved from other pull up diapers to Pampers Cruisers because of the absorbency of the diapers.
- Parents are finding the tape at the back of the diaper very useful for disposing of diapers with poop.
- One of the customers has mentioned that their baby loves removing the diaper and putting it on after their potty sessions. So, you can imagine how convenient it must be to wear and remove the diaper.
- A new mom is all praises for Pampers Cruisers. She was struggling to find the right diapers for her daughter with super sensitive skin. Even Pampers Swaddlers was causing severe skin rashes. So, she tried the new Pampers Cruisers with the 360-degree fit, and to her surprise, the diapers did not cause any rashes.
- Many parents have mentioned that they can now sleep peacefully at night. Pampers Cruisers keep their babies dry all night and make sure they’re fast asleep.
- Some parents have mentioned that they’re using the diapers with 17-20-month-old babies, and there were no fit or sizing issues.
- Some parents have mentioned that the diapers provide less overall coverage as they are pull-on and off diapers.
- Parents who use diaper cream have found it difficult to get these diapers on.
When it comes to Pampers Swaddlers vs Cruisers, it all comes down to your baby’s age and size. While Pampers Swaddlers is available in sizes N to 6, Pampers Cruisers is available in sizes 3 to 7. So, if you’re looking for diapers for your newborn, Pampers Swaddlers would be your clear choice. Similarly, if you have a 13-month old, Pampers Cruisers would be a good option.
Both diapers are comfortable, leak-proof, and soft. They keep your baby dry for up to 12 hours and provide protection against leakage. Both variants come with Air and Wetness Channels to make sure the wetness is getting distributed evenly throughout the diaper, and your baby remains dry for prolonged periods.
Talk about the fit and both Pampers diapers provide a snug fit. Nevertheless, Pampers Cruisers are easier to put on, remove, and dispose of.
There’s one significant difference between Pampers Swaddlers and Pampers Cruisers – the Wetness Indicator. While Pampers Swaddlers come with a Wetness Indicator which changes color from blue to yellow when the diaper’s completely soiled, Pampers Cruisers does not have this feature. So, Wetness Indicator is one feature where Pampers Swaddlers scores extra marks.
As far as the price goes, the Pampers Cruisers are somewhat less costly than Pampers Swaddlers. If you look at the bigger picture, both Pampers variants fall in the same price range.
Answer: Yes, both Pampers Swaddlers and Pampers Cruisers are suitable for overnight use. They keep babies dry up to 12 hours and come with a color-changing wetness indicator.
Answer: In the first couple of months after your baby’s birth, you may find yourself changing diapers 8-10 times a day. Typically, diapers are changed when they’re completely wet or soiled. With Pampers Swaddlers, you can easily get to know when you need to change the diaper. Thanks to the Wetness Indicator.
Answer: First things first, diapers should be comfortable. While a good fit is important, make sure the diapers are not tight around your baby’s thighs and waist. Pick a size that does not sag or create gaps during movement. This will help in preventing leakage.
Bottom Line: Pampers Cruisers Diapers vs Swaddlers
According to our experts, both Pampers Swaddlers vs Pampers Cruisers have taken parents by surprise. While the former is suitable for small babies and infants with weak mobility, the latter is suitable for babies who’re more active and energetic.
After testing both products, our expert moms and dads have concluded that your choice would completely depend on your requirements, and the age and size of your baby. There’s no right or wrong when it comes to choosing either of the two diapers.
If you’re looking for comfortable and soft diapers for your newborn babies, go with Pampers Swaddlers. And, if you’re looking for diapers that are easy to wear and dispose of, go with Pampers Cruisers. Both products have an equal demand in the market. The prices of both variants are reasonable, and you can easily afford them.
We hope you found the Pampers Swaddlers vs Cruisers comparison helpful. If you have any more questions, feel free to use our comment section to post your queries. Our experts will get back to you with the answers as soon as possible.
Also, if there are any other diapers or baby products you’d like us to compare or review, feel free to write to us, and our experts will start working on your request. All new moms and dads on our team are passionate about helping new parents choose the best products and practices for their babies.
- Huggies Little Swimmers vs Pampers Splashers Swim Diapers 
- Top 5 Best Overnight Diapers
- Diaper Deals: Best Places to Buy Diapers Online [Cheapest Prices, Best Selection]
- The Top 5 Best Pull Up Diaper Brands for Big Kids and Potty Training
- Pampers Swaddlers vs Pampers Baby Dry Diapers
- Seventh Generation Overnight Diapers Review
- How Many Diapers Do You Use in a Year?