- Ubbi vs Diaper Genie: Which Is The Best Diaper Pail? - May 29, 2022
- Similac Advance vs Sensitive – Which Baby Formula Comes Out on Top? - May 26, 2022
- Pampers Cruisers vs Swaddlers Compared  - May 26, 2022
Flexibility and multi-functionality have been the signature feature defining the modern stroller’s landscape. Not to be left behind, Nuna, and others, through Nuna Tavo vs Nuna Mixx have continuously made upgrades, to keep up with the fast-paced changing landscape, and to even the field with competing rivals.
The end result has been a diversity of brands and models, and significant price shifts. A good thing, right? Mmmmh, not really. Consider this.
With the diversity of models, one is often spoilt for choice. Compound this with the cost associated with purchasing one, and you are left with a weighty decision to make. For lack of a better descriptive word, you can liken it to a visit to the dealership.
And rightly so, for what is considered when buying a baby stroller is more or less the same as buying a car. These can include; what terrain can the stroller comfortably handle? How good is the suspension? How smoothly will it negotiate corners? And what’s the storage like?
It is in the backdrop of these mildly conflicting and competing stroller features- and models- that we compiled this detailed article. One that will illuminate, and hopefully ease, your search for the perfect baby stroller. This article will focus on the main features, reviews, pros, and cons of Nuna Tavo and Nuna Mixx and later culminate in a nicely wrapped final verdict.
Let’s start with the main differences.
- 1 Main Differences Between Nuna Tavo vs Nuna Mixx
- 2 Nuna Tavo vs Nuna Mixx – The Baby Strollers Compared
- 3 Nuna Tavo- In-depth
- 4 Main features of Nuna Tavo
- 5 Nuna Tavo review
- 6 Nuna Mixx – In-depth
- 7 Main Features of Nuna Mixx
- 8 Nuna Mixx Review
- 9 Are there Alternatives to Nuna Tavo vs Nuna Mixx?
- 10 FAQs
- 11 The Verdict: Nuna Mixx Vs. Tavo: Which One Is Better?
Main Differences Between Nuna Tavo vs Nuna Mixx
The main differences between Nuna Tavo vs Nuna Mixx are:
- Nuna Mixx features five recline positions, whereas Nuna Tavo has only four.
- Nuna Mixx can have both rear or forward-facing seat options, whereas the Nuna Tavo features only a forward-facing seat option.
- Nuna Mixx weighs 26.8 lbs, whereas the Nuna Tavo weighs 24.3lbs.
- Nuna Mixx features a 37 x 23.5 x 44 inches with regard to LWH, whereas Nuna Tavo comes in dimensions of 35.6 x 22 x 42.5 inches.
- Nuna Mixx comes in a leatherette handlebar and bumper bar, whereas Nuna Tavo features a leatherette handlebar and a fabric-covered bumper bar.
- Nuna Mixx is more versatile and comes with more accessories such as (bassinet, stand, rain cover, snack tray and cup holder), whereas Nuna Tavo only comes with two accessories (rain cover and snack tray).
- Nuna Mixx has a removable seat for attachment with a car seat or bassinet, whereas Nuna Tavo doesn’t have a removable car seat.
Nuna Tavo vs Nuna Mixx – The Baby Strollers Compared
Designed to be classy, safe, flexible, sturdy but not heavy, exquisite but not expensive, Nuna Mixx and Nuna Tavo have spared no detail in ensuring that your life with your child is a click away. Detailed below is an in-depth review of each.
Nuna Tavo- In-depth
Regarded as a “smaller brother to Nuna Mixx”, Tavo is a luxurious, pocket-friendly and all-weather stroller – this prominently features in cruiser wagons – that is compact, safe and easy to use. It also offers a spacious seat to comfortably accommodate your child from birth to 50 pounds. Below are the main features of the Tavo.
Pull the trigger to fold
Embedded into the frame is a pull trigger which when pulled instantly folds the stroller into two.
To comfortably push, the leatherette handlebar is adjustable to allow parents of different sizes to easily and comfortably push the stroller.
The wheel-suspension is designed to ensure minimal to nil turbulences, guaranteeing a smooth bump-less ride. To bring it to a halt, it rocks a simple one-touch, rear-wheel braking system.
It has a five-point harness for infants that can be reversed to a 3 point harness point when the baby gets older.
To protect the bay against harmful ultraviolet sun rays, the stroller is UPF 50+. For even better protection, it has a dream drape and a pop-out sun-visor plus that extra protection when the seat is fully reclined.
Better Air Circulation for peekaboo
To ensure the constant free flow of air, while protecting the child against extreme winds, and constant verbal or body contact with the child, it features a zipped in mesh panel and a large peekaboo window with a magnetic closure.
Main features of Nuna Tavo
- Supports up to 50 lbs
- Weighs 22.3 lbs
- Has a 3 position, true flat recline position.
- Has a large peekaboo window
- The canopy is extendable and with flip out eyeshade + dream drape
- Removable seat insert.
- Height adjustable handlebar.
- Simple one-touch rear-wheel braking system
- One-piece, one-hand open and close fold
- Large storage basket with hidden zipper compartment
- UPF 50+ canopy with multiple windows
- Car seat compatible with no adapters required
- The back of the canopy can be zipped or be opened allowing for better air circulation.
- Not too expensive.
- Easy to fold.
- Has an adjustable height handlebar.
- Does not require adapters to connect to the car seat.
- Has better suspension on front wheels
- Has large under-seat storage.
- Bulky travel system due to non-removable seats.
- Irreversible seat – makes it impossible to have a keen eye over younger children.
- Seat fabric is not tailored to back of the seat.
- Not easy to maneuver on rugged terrain
Nuna Tavo review
This simple, modern and easy looking stroller sports a great look in both the Aspen (dark blue) and Caviar (black). Its large storage basket can come in handy when you have a lot of essentials to move around with.
To ensure that you have an eye on your child, the magnetic zipper peekaboo window on the pop-out canopy is all you will need. Even better, is its pull trigger feature that will raise or lower the handlebar to match the user’s height.
For different terrain maneuverability, the Nuna Tavo sports solid suspension medium wheels specially designed to reduce discomfort on bumpy terrains. Pair this with its UPF 50+ rating and you can be sure to enjoy a warm breeze during your park or nature visits.
Routine grocery shopping or a drive to the clinic need not worry you either, simply click to fold or use its car seat compatibility feature to secure the stroller.
On the flip side though, weighing at 22.3lbs, Tavo is slightly heavier – 10lbs more – than similar strollers. This can be of particular concern when your terrain is inclined. Ease of folding notwithstanding, Tavo matches the size of large-sized strollers such as the Baby Jogger City Mini Stroller – when folded – consuming much of your trunk storage space.
Another deal-breaker, other than having only a forward-facing seat option, is that it is not compatible with a bassinet.
Nuna Mixx – In-depth
Sporting a stylish look that is both elegant and luxurious, amazing top of the range features, and a delicate balance between pricing and durability, the Nuna Mixx was an instant hit a few years after release.
The clamor was rightly deserved for, in Nuna Mixx, parents got the answer to ‘a do it all’ pushchair ideal for the demands accompanying parenting. Among its most appealing features included its large basket, all-terrain wheels, reversible seat and a true flat recline. Here are its main features;
The seat can be easily switched between world facing and parent facing, that is rear or forward-facing. This is particularly useful when there is a need to comfort a baby that may get overwhelmed by new and strange faces during strolls. Additionally, it features a removable seat insert that can come in handy in hot weather.
For comfort, Nuna Mixx features Five recline positions for your child to choose from. To recline, all you need is just one hand – a feature they label “one-hand true-flat recline.” Pair this with adjustable calf support with an integrated footrest, and you have a contended parent and a relaxed smiley baby.
To protect the baby’s delicate skin against the scorching outdoor sun, Nuna Mixx rocks a UPF 50+ rated canopy to keep the harmful UV at bay. To ensure that proper ventilation is not compromised either, it has a flip-out eyeshade, window, and ventilation panel.
It features a one-Touch, rear-wheel braking system that is both sturdy and responsive. The advantage to this is twofold. It both increases the stroller’s safety and also guarantees smooth maneuverability when pushed with one hand.
Its 7/11 wheels- sleek chrome-accented black – are Foam Filled- all Terrain with all-wheel suspension providing for smooth maneuverability.
Nuna Mixx has a safe to use bassinet that is better suited for longer sleeping hours. Its safety lies in its design that allows the child to lie flat, which is both better and recommended for the baby’s delicate spine and neck.
Additionally, its padded foam allows for better ventilation ensuring that the child is neither too warm nor sweaty as when using a car seat. With the flat recline though, a bassinet may not be a necessity.
Car seat compatibility
Nuna Mixx features a removable stroller seat to create room for a car seat. With regard to car seat attachment, all you need is a ring adapter- one hand – that comes with the stroller. The remove-replace seat is particularly useful as one can shed a few unnecessary lbs off the stroller.
Main Features of Nuna Mixx
- Supports up to 50 lbs.
- Weighs 26.8 lbs.
- Foam-filled all-terrain wheels
- One-hand true-flat recline
- Adjustable leg rest
- All-wheel suspension
- Swing-away bumper bar
- Adjustable handlebar
- Parent or forward-facing seat options
- UPF 50+canopy
- Five-position recline
- Instant-release seat buckle
- Removable seat
- Two-compartment basket
- Has a ring adapter
- Simple rear-wheel one-touch braking system.
- No-rethread harness
- Has a removable seat that can allow car seat or bassinet attachment
- A reversible seat allows the baby to face the parent or forward.
- The bassinet offers a more safe, spacious, and well-ventilated place for sleep.
- The many available accessories provide numerous customization options.
- The superior tread on the large back wheels allows for smooth maneuverability on rough terrains
- Compartmentalized storage basket to better organize your essentials.
- Has a cup holder that can be handy for a parent.
- Has several color options – birch, caviar, granite, and oxford.
- Sports a large canopy
- Travel system option
- Requires adapters (included with purchase) to attach the car seat
- Slightly expensive
- Requires a ring adapter – bought together with a stroller- to fit the car seat.
- The front-wheel lacks suspension
- It is fairly heavy.
- The bassinet comes only black
- Compatible with only Nuna and Maxi Cosi car seats.
Nuna Mixx Review
The Nuna Mixx is a fantastic stroller that has proven to be excellent on grass, in woods, and pavements alike. This is thanks to its large back wheels with superior treads.
The generosity of its features is further evident in the spacious compartmentalized basket that allows easy slide in/out. Its one-hand true flat recline is another brilliant feature, especially for a quick nappy change.
The compact yet imposing baby gear is aesthetically pleasing and folds easily to fit into the trunk. The comfort and flexibility feature – 5 recline option and forward to back facing – is testimony to the marvelous features that the stroller rocks. Pair this with the hassle-free instant flap ring adapter, and you will be cruising to your dream destination in no time.
Though it oozes quality, the handlebar can be slippery leaving one doubting their grip. The straps aren’t that well designed either. This is because they are a little fiddly and easily unstrap or disconnect when one is unstrapped. The weight and bulkiness is another huge deal breaker.
At 26.8 lbs, it can leave a strain on your muscles as you lift it to your trunk or car. Even more disappointing is the lack of handles to lift it when folded forcing one to lift from the base. Notably too is the absence of a back pocket. But overall, at the current cost, the features are more than a bonus.
Are there Alternatives to Nuna Tavo vs Nuna Mixx?
Here are equally great strollers to try if you are not sure either Nuna Mixx or Nuna Tavo isn’t clicking the right boxes for you.
Mompush 2020 Full-Size Standard Stroller
With multi-position recline, front or rear-facing seat, one-step fold, a bassinet, and multiple shock absorbers thanks to large back tires with spring suspension, this Mompush 2020 is a serious contender for the top of the shelf baby gear.
And just like Nuna Mixx, it has a spacious storage basket, is compatible with Mompush car seats for Maxi-Cosi, and has an adjustable handlebar.
Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System
With an experience spanning over a century, Evenflo has been known to produce quality products with the sole purpose of easing daily life. And this quality is evident in the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System.
Sporting a sleek and versatile look, the stroller has handy features that range from a spacious storage basket, Easy infant car seat transfer, is light, machine-washable seat pad, front and rear-facing seat options, a large canopy among others. Check out a detailed Evenflow Pivot review.
The Evenflo Pivot System is definitely the most valuable from all the choices listed as it comes with a car seat, has a great price and also the brand exists for more than 100 years.
Answer: Mixx is heavier, can use a bassinet, is more costly, has a forward or rear-facing seat option, and is all-terrain while Tavo is lighter, has no bassinet, is cheaper, has a forward-facing only option, and isn’t great in some terrains.
Answer: Both have a rain cover, but these have to be separately bought.
Answer: Yes, the strollers are designed to withstand wear and tear for quite some time, plus the quality of the fabrics and the overall utility makes them worth your money.
The Verdict: Nuna Mixx Vs. Tavo: Which One Is Better?
With both supporting babies from birth to 50lbs, Nuna Mixx and Nuna Tavo are both brilliant and luxurious strollers that are not only sturdy but have awesome maneuverability and offer great value for money.
As such a simple pick this over that may not suffice here. Instead, the choice should be based on your lifestyle, preference, terrain and budget. That said, here is a thing or two to work with.
If you prefer a lightweight, easy to fold stroller with a peekaboo window, live in a modest neighborhood with lots of pavements and not looking to spend much, then Nuna Tavo will be a great fit.
However, if you want to make a fashion statement, aren’t on a lean budget, value elegance and prefer to customize the stroller to personal preference, then the all-terrain, smooth maneuverability, one hand five recline true flat position Nuna Mixx stroller will tick all your boxes.