- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles: Which is Better? - January 23, 2023
- Baby Formula Recalls : Latest Baby Formula Recall - January 16, 2023
- Tommee Tippee vs Avent: Which is Better? - January 5, 2023
As much as some new parents might think they don’t need certain baby accessories, the truth is that when the time comes that they could use the bottle warmer, playpen, or bedside bassinet, they wish they’d invested in one right from the start.
Such is the case with a good travel crib that can act like your baby’s bed pretty much everywhere you go, which brings us to the Nuna Sena Travel Crib vs the Lotus Everywhere Crib.
Obviously, both travel cribs offer the kind of convenience most parents will welcome as they travel or spend the night away from home with their baby, but there are still different aspects to both options that set them apart from each other.
When choosing the right travel crib for your baby, it’s kind of hard not to compare different products though, so deciding between the Nuna Sena Travel Crib and the Lotus Everywhere Crib is a good place to start.
Nuna Sena Travel Crib
One of the biggest aspects of the Nuna Sena Travel Crib is its ability to be vented from truly every side, making the crib breathable for your baby or toddler while they sleep. The mattress itself is also ventilated and designed to draw in the heat while keeping it away from your child, so they can have a restful sleep rather than wake up too hot in the middle of the night.
The upper cot attachment is made to be positioned higher above the ground for younger babies and later you can remove it to use the mattress on the bottom of the crib as your baby gets bigger and learns to stand. When you’re ready to pack up again, the Nuna Sena folds up with one hand and stores easily in its travel bag too.
The sturdy aluminum frame is made to hold your baby securely and safely, but the entire travel crib is still just 24 pounds. And in case you have a baby with curious hands, the padded edges and corners make it next to impossible for them to get pinched fingers, while the no-skid legs keep the Nuna Sena Travel Crib quiet and still throughout the night.
- Set-up And Take Down: Thanks to the zig-zag frame and one-hand collapse capability, it’s fairly easy to pop the travel crib into place and then take it down quickly afterward.
- Age Range: Since you can purchase the Nuna Sena Aire Changer separately and also use the upper cot attachment, you can use the Nuna Sena Travel Crib from infancy and on until your little one grows out of travel cribs completely.
- Size: When set up, the dimensions are 31 x 30 x 42 inches and the travel crib weighs just 24 pounds.
- Price: Check out the latest price on Amazon!
- The setup and take down time is significantly lower than many other travel cribs.
- Once set up, the Nuna Sena Travel Crib looks sleek enough to keep up in the living room or other common area of your home.
- With breathable mesh sides, you can not only see your baby at all times, but also have peace of mind that they’re getting airflow within the crib.
- The base itself with the mattress on top is above the ground, keeping your baby off the potentially drafty ground as he or she sleeps or plays.
- The Nuna Sena Travel Crib might be out of some families’ budgets, especially those of new parents.
- Though it’s lightweight, it could be larger to better accommodate babies and toddlers ad they grow, so you could get used out of it longer.
“Whatever I say, it will not be enough, about this SENA playard. We bought it in raspberry color, and everyone is in love with color, design and quality. Compared with other brands playpens, this one is very stable, easy to move around house, size is perfect – baby has enough space to play or take a nap.” – Sonja on Amazon.
“Absolutely love this product. Have used a traditional Pack ‘n Play in the past, and they are a pain… The Nuna Sena couldn’t be easier to set up and break down. SUCH a well-designed product. It’s a total dream.” – Stephanie Case on Amazon.
“Great service and great product!” – Kyondra on Amazon.
Lotus Everywhere Crib
Like the Nuna Sena Travel Crib, the Lotus Everywhere Crib is designed to be totally portable while also being nice to look at, so in that respect, both travel cribs are pretty even. But the Lotus Everywhere Crib also has the traditional opening at the top in addition to the zippered side opening that allows your baby to crawl in and out of the travel crib as they wish.
It also allows you the opportunity to get on the floor with them to help them acclimate to the travel crib without just setting them in and walking away.
It also has mesh material on all four sides to make the travel crib breathable while giving you a look in on your sleeping baby or toddler. And with a 15 second setup time, the Lotus Everywhere Crib can be set up and taken down with ease everywhere you go.
Speaking of which, it’s also carry-on friendly for plane rides with a backpack carrying case, which can be a hard thing to get in a good travel crib.
Worry free airport travel - Designed to be easy to fly with the compact, light backpack carrying case. Set up is simple in 15 seconds and only weighs 13 lbs packed.
- Set-up And Take Down: To set up the Lotus Everywhere Crib, you simply take it out of its backpack carrying bag and pop it open, which is said to take all of 15 seconds. To take it down, all four sides are collapsible to make it easy to fit back in its bag.
- Age Range: Since the travel crib is both deep and wide and offers the opening to make it a playard too, you can easily utilize it for your baby and toddler alike.
- Size: The dimensions of the Lotus Everywhere Crib are 42 x 24 x 24 inches and the travel crib weighs all of 11 pounds.
- Price: Check out the latest price on Amazon!
- With what is essentially a pop-up and collapse-down setup and takedown process, using the travel crib is as easy as it can possibly be.
- The zippered opening in the side of the Lotus Everywhere Crib makes it possible to use the crib for more than just naps while keeping your little one involved rather than stuck behind the walls of the playpen.
- Since it folds up into a travel backpack that’s carry-on friendly, it’s easy to take the travel crib pretty much anywhere.
- Since the accompanying mattress is 42 inches long, only the sheets manufactured by Guava, the company behind the Lotus Everywhere Crib, will work with it.
- The Velcro tabs around the mattress can be a pain to secure into place each time you set it up.
- The mattress is also a lot thinner than any standard mattress, which could get uncomfortable after a while for your baby or toddler.
“I love this product! We were hesitant to buy it because of the price, but it worked perfectly for traveling… The size of the folded-up crib is perfect as a carry-on for air travel, and it is easy and light to carry due to the backpack straps. Set up and take-down/packing was very easy.” Chelsea K. on Amazon.
“Wow! Set up is super easy. The mattress is also a lot comfier than pack and play. I wish it was a little smaller, but an excellent product for the price point.” – David Arambula on Amazon.
“We purchased this travel cot about 3 years ago and we love it! It has been used so many times for both of my children and still looks good as new. We have had no problems taking it as carry-on while flying and love the option to carry it on our backs if necessary. It is light and so simple to assemble and disassemble.” – Kristin K. on Amazon.
While cost certainly isn’t everything, there’s no getting around the fact that the Lotus Everywhere Crib is not only more affordable than the Nuna Sena Travel Crib, but it also has many of the same qualities, including the sought after breathable mesh sides.
That being said, when debating between the Nuna Sena Travel Crib vs. the Lotus Everywhere Crib, the best value is going to be the Lotus Everywhere Crib. Not only that, but it also has a simple setup and is light enough to carry comfortably on your back when on the go.
Clearly, having a solid travel crib is plenty necessary when you have a baby or even a young toddler who still naps. You can keep them in the common areas of your home without worrying about them crawling or unsteadily walking off where you can’t see them.
And with either the Nuna Sena Travel Crib or the Lotus Everywhere crib, you’re going to get a sleek and useful product. But in the end, the value and convenience of the Lotus Everywhere Crib may mean that it’s the better choice for some families.
Either way, though, choosing the best accessory for your baby’s development and everyday use is never easy.