Even with the Nuna Rava infant car seat, your child will eventually need an appropriate booster seat, but until then, this is one long-lasting car seat that can serve them well. While some parents might prefer the LATCH system for installation, this particular car seat supports and promotes using a seat belt to secure it into place each time.
There are even detailed instructions to help you through the process to make it much easier on you than a LATCH installation might be. And it doesn’t have a bubble level indicator, but it does have visible recline guides to help you understand the best position to have your infant or toddler in. Speaking of which, the Nuna Rava is for children from 5-65 pounds.
In the rear-facing mode, your child can remain in it until they reach 50 pounds and use the car seat as forward-facing from 25-65 pounds.
There’s also extra legroom and support to keep your child both safe and comfortable at all times, and it has energy-absorbing memory foam and side-impact protection pods for added safety and yes, peace of mind for you as the parent.
The frame of the car seat is also reinforced with steel to ensure your baby’s safety. Since it’s designed for newborns, there are also newborn insert cushions to keep him or her safe and comfortable right from the start. You can buy the car seat on the manufacturer’s website and in-store at Nordstrom. On the manufacturer’s website, the Nuna Rava Car Seat is $450, but check this listing at PishPoshBaby for the latest deals.
- 0.1 Features of the Nuna Rava
- 0.2 Pros
- 0.3 Cons
- 0.4 Has This Item Been Recalled?
- 0.5 Nuna Rava Alternatives – How Others Compare
- 1 Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat
- 2 Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat
- 3 Cosco Mighty Fit 65 DX Convertible Car Seat
- 4 Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat
- 5 Where to Buy the Nuna Rava?
- 6 FAQ’s About Nuna Rava Car Infant Seats
- 7 Final Thoughts:
Features of the Nuna Rava
- It has two flip-open cup holders for your baby’s convenience.
- The 10 position headrest can be adjusted every time with just one hand and minimal effort on your part.
- The crotch strap has two different positions to keep your growing baby and toddler comfortable over time.
- It also has a 10 position recline, which is a kid deal for a car seat meant to last for literal years.
- It’s equipped with full cushions that can keep your little one comfortable without overheating him or her and the vehicle seat belt is also comfortable while being set in the car.
- Your baby can remain in the rear-facing position for longer than most car seats, up to 50 pounds.
- There are a few different ways to adjust the seat to accommodate your little one as they grow out of the baby stage and into a toddler.
- It’s relatively easy to get your child in and out of the car seat each time.
- It’s easy to adjust the threadless harness, even when your baby or toddler is still in the car seat.
- It is on the pricier side and might fall over budget for some families. Again, my favorite place to check for Nuna brand products at great prices is PishPoshBaby here.
- Unlike some other similar car seats, the Nuna Rava doesn’t have an anti-rebound bar.
- To take the fabric cover off to wash, you have to uninstall the car seat first, which can be a hassle.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no recent, or current recalls on the Nuna Rava Car Seat.
Nuna Rava Alternatives – How Others Compare
Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B019EGMEVS” locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/51LRbenjnyL.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”500″ alt=”graco extend2fit convertible car seat”]
Just like the Nuna Rava, the Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat, Ride Rear Facing Longer with Extend2Fit, Kenzie can be used for children from 4-65 pounds and transitions from a rear to forward-facing car seat when the time comes. And just like the Nuna Rava, it can also be used as a rear-facing car seat up to 50 pounds, which is unusual in most cases and a big plus for this Graco option. It also has a six position recline and 10 different headrest height options for your growing little one.
You can use the InRight LATCH system for quick and easy install, and it also has the Simply Safe Adjust Harness System to make adjusting your child’s harness as simple as possible too.
Like most infant seats, this one has also passed the crash test to meet or exceed all federal safety standards for car seats, and just for your child’s convenience, there are two built-in cup holders on either side of the car seat. You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby and Target.
- For a convertible car seat, it’s affordable and on the lower end of the cost spectrum, but still good quality.
- Your baby can stay in the rear-facing position for longer with this car seat.
- Both you and your baby will still have ample leg room in the front and back seat, respectively.
- There are enough cushions and newborn inserts to keep your baby safe and comfortable without overheating him or her.
- It can be challenging to get the LATCH connected each time securely.
- Some parents might find it to be bulky on the sides and heavy to move if needed.
- The material can be itchy for some babies or toddlers.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There was a 2016 recall on the Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat because of the recline label being in the wrong location.
Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B013YCWASA” locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/51N16CrzjhL.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”417″ alt=”britax boulevard click tight convertible car seat”]
Britax seems to have car seats for almost every need, so it’s no surprise that they also have the Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat to grow with your child from infancy to toddlerhood.
Like the Nuna Rava, it can be used for little ones up to 65 pounds. However, with this one, they can only remain in the rear-facing position up to 40 pounds.
It does have 14 different headrest positions to keep your child supported and comfortable as they grow. And it has a simple ClickTight easy installation system under the seat.
For some parents, it’s a lot easier and more approachable than the LATCH system, and you won’t have to worry if your vehicle even has the proper LATCH connectors. To protect a child’s life, it has an impact-absorbing base and an integrated steel frame.
Considering the car seat safety features, this infant seat also has two layers of side impact protection, and flame retardant fabric so you can be sure that your child is in a safe shell of sorts while buckled in the car seat. You can purchase it on Amazon or in-store at Target and Buy Buy Baby.
On Amazon, the
- It’s as easy as possible to install this one, even easier than using the LATCH system for some parents.
- There are multiple reinforcements built in to keep your child case in the Britax Boulevard ClickTight.
- Overall, it has lower sides than some similar car seats, so your child will be able to see his or her surroundings easily.
- There are a lot of different useful adjustments that can be made to accommodate your child as they grow.
- It takes up a lot of room in most back seats, both side to side and front to back.
- The straps that go across the lap might be uncomfortable for some little ones.
- Some kids might feel extra warm in the seat due to its fabric.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There was a 2015 recall for the Britax Boulevard ClickTight due to the red harness button remaining in the release position with your child in the car seat.
Cosco Mighty Fit 65 DX Convertible Car Seat
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B01ETUBQZ4″ locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/51MNSfqyfsL.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”500″ alt=”cosco might fit 65 dx convertible car seat”]
If comfort and price are what you’re looking for in your convertible car seat, then the Cosco Mighty Fit 65 DX Convertible Car Seat (Heather Onyx Gray) may be the right option for you.
It’s designed for kids from 5-65 pounds and transitions from a rear to a forward-facing car seat with ease. It has a five-point safety harness as well as five headrest heights and three different buckle locations. It’s also slim enough to fit three of these in the back seat of your car comfortable and safe.
Speaking of safety, the Cosco Mighty Fit 65 DX Convertible, like the Cosco Scenera has side impact protection and exceeds all federal infant seat safety standards. You can’t hope for much more than that, especially since it’s a car seat for both babies and toddlers. But this means that it can grow with your child and with the little adjustment features, that’s clear. You can buy it on Amazon or in-store at Target and Walmart.
- The overall design and appearance of this car seat is sleek and simple, but with the right safety features.
- It’s easily one of the most affordable options for convertible car seats that will last your child a long time.
- The size makes it possible to use the same car seat if you have twins or multiples that all need to fit in your car at once.
- Due to its size, it also allows for extra legroom in the front seat.
- It can be difficult to adjust the headrest to new positions as needed.
- Some parents might have difficulty getting it installed at just the right angle when in the rear-facing position.
- There isn’t a lot of side head support for infants or toddlers who fall asleep and whose head might slump forward.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no recent, or current recalls for this car seat.
Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00ADHRZEY” locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/51DoBWQnPzL.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”500″ alt=”safety 1st guide 65 convertible car seat”]
Safety 1st is another brand that’s known for its superior car seats, and the is one that’s also comparable to the Nuna Rava. It can remain in the rear-facing position until 40 pounds rather than 50, but it can be used for kids up to 65 pounds, like the Nuna Rava.
You can also fit three across the backseat of most cars, which is a huge plus for families with multiples or twins. As your child grows, you can adjust the car seat to five different harness heights, and there are even multiple different headrest heights to choose from to keep your child comfortable and supported at all times.
There are also a lot of cushions and inserts that can be removed as needed but provide comfort and safety for smaller babies and children. You can purchase the car seat on Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- You can comfortably and safely fit up to three of these car seats in the back seat of most cars.
- At less than $100, it’s an affordable convertible car seat for most families, especially those who might need more than one.
- The installation is relatively simple, even for newbie parents.
- It’s easy to take off the cover to clean as needed.
- It can be difficult to fit small newborns in the car seat properly.
- If you have three installed across your back seat, it might be difficult to access the cup holders on the sides.
- The chest clip might be a little on the big side for some babies and therefore feel uncomfortable.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no recent, or current recalls for the Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat.
Where to Buy the Nuna Rava?
It’s actually NOT available on some of the big online retailers, BUT these are some places we have found it available (at good prices):
- PishPoshBaby.com: Great customer service and run by a team of moms, you can find the Nuna Rava at this listing here (latest edition).
FAQ’s About Nuna Rava Car Infant Seats
Nuna and many specialists recommend that babies under the age of 2 ride rear-facing until they reach the maximum weight and height limit for riding front-facing.
There is no need to add a seat protector under your Nuna Rava, or in fact, any other car seat, as this can cause more harm in case of an accident. The Nuna Rava is designed with smooth back and bottom for comfort and protection of your little one, and your car.
Yes. The safest place in the car is usually the middle as there are no airbags. If you have a car model that does not support the seat well, you can also attach the seat to any of the sides, as long as it is in the back.
When it comes to car seats, safety, longevity, and installation are all important factors to consider. And with the Nuna Rava Car Seat, you’ll get a stroller with easy installation, years of use, and impact tested materials. Your child can use the car seat for years, and while it may not be the only car seat they’ll ever need, it can certainly get them through a couple of the main stages before a booster car seat is needed.
Yes, some other car seats might have comparable qualities, but the Nuna Rava offers the kind of safety, comfort, and longevity that you just can’t look past.
- Britax Boulevard vs Advocate
- Britax Marathon vs Advocate Car Seats Compared
- The Nuna Sena Leaf Curv Review: Is This The Right For You?
- The Guava Family Lotus Everywhere Travel Crib vs. The Nuna Sena Mini Playard Travel Crib
- Nuna Sena vs. 4moms Breeze Comparison: Find The One You’ll Love More
- Nuna Sena vs. Lotus Comparison: Which Travel Crib Is Best?
- Nuna Sena vs Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Comparison: Which Is Better?
- Best Graco Brand Car Seats