The Mountain Buggy Duet V3 Buggy takes what parents hate most about double strollers and totally squashes those inconveniences.
While most double strollers take up ample room as a side by side option for twins or multiples, this particular one is designed to still fit in most doorways.
And where some double jogging strollers are made for older children only, the Mountain Buggy Duet V3 can accommodate your newborns in their car seats right from the start. There are easily enough features to make this particular stroller stand out from most others of similar design, especially when it comes to ease of use.
To fold the stroller, you can do so with one hand and watch the entire thing collapse into a much more manageable and easy to move and store stroller. It also has a hand-controlled brake for walking or jogging, regardless of terrain or incline. When you see that the Mountain Buggy Duet V3 is supposed to be a double jogger, it’s the real deal.
Like most other joggers, the front wheel can be locked into place or left to swivel, depending on your need. And the tires are air-filled to allow you to move effortlessly over most different kinds of terrain while walking or jogging.
Of course, the stroller isn’t perfect, because no strollers have everything you need. But the Mountain Buggy Duet V3 does come pretty close to it. You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- It’s virtually the same width as a standard single stroller so that it can fit through most doorways with ease.
- You can put two infant car seats in the stroller at once, comfortably and safely.
- The stroller has a quick one-handed fold to allow you to fold down the stroller to a much more compact size.
- It can also be used for your older baby or toddler and infant at once with just one car seat attached to it.
- There’s a handbrake on the handlebar for easy access whether you’re going uphill or down a slope.
- It can be used for infants in their car seats all the way up to children at 50 pounds.
- The air-filled tires make for a smooth ride, regardless of the terrain you’re on.
- The seats can lay flat for your toddler’s comfort if he or she gets tired or needs to nap while you’re away from home.
- Its slim size makes it easy to go through doorways and move through crowds.
- You can use it for walking or jogging and for either instance, the convenient hand brake makes it easier.
- The handlebar has foam instead of a gripping material, so it may rip easily, especially if you use the stroller often.
- Overall, the stroller is fairly heavy and awkward to pick up and put in your trunk or move around if needed, even when it’s folded up.
- The price may be a little steep for some parents of multiples.
Is This Product Recalled? There are no current or recent recalls on the Mountain Buggy Duet V3 Buggy.
How Others Compare
Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Double Jogging Stroller
The Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Double Jogging Stroller might be a double stroller, but it doesn’t feel that way.
Thanks to its lightweight design and easy to maneuver wheels, it feels and moves a lot smoother than most other similar double joggers. Speaking of which, you can use the stroller on either smooth or rough terrain and lock the front swivel wheel into place if needed.
The suspension makes any ride an easy and smooth one for your infant or toddler, and the ergonomic handlebar can be easily adjusted for your comfort.
There’s also a five-point safety harness and a large canopy to keep your child comfortable during each ride in the stroller. The stroller is designed for children up to 75 pounds. You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon.
- There’s ample storage underneath the stroller as well as behind each seat.
- With a car seat adapter, you can use the stroller from the start with your infant’s car seat.
- When folded down, it’s as flat as possible, and more so than most other similar double jogging strollers.
- It maneuvers relatively easily through doorways and through large crowds as well.
- The seats themselves aren’t very deep, so taller toddlers and small children may not be able to fit in as comfortably.
- The seats also have a natural incline, even when out in the most upright position.
- There isn’t a terribly fancy or spacious console on the top near the handlebar.
Is This Product Recalled? There are no current or recent recalls for the Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Double Jogging Stroller.
Baby Jogger 2014 City Mini GT Double Stroller
Unlike the Mountain Buggy, the Baby Jogger 2014 City Mini GT Double Stroller can hold just one infant car seat at once, but the fact that it has that option at all is a big plus.
When it comes time to have your older babies or toddlers in the stroller, however, you can use it for little ones who are up to 50 pounds each. This definitely set is apart from some other double joggers, since that means there’s a combined weight limit of 100 pounds, which is a huge bonus.
Other than that, folding down the stroller is simple, and it has an automatic click-lock into place, so you don’t have to worry about it suddenly unfolding on its own.
The stroller also has all-terrain wheels and a suspension that makes rides easy and smooth for your little one. You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon.
- The canopies go down fairly far in the front, so you won’t have to worry about your children being blinded by the sun.
- The adjustable handlebar also has an easy to access handbrake nearby.
- It’s fairly easy to maneuver the stroller, regardless of where you are or the terrain you’re on.
- Overall, it’s easy to put together the stroller when you initially purchase it.
- Folding down the stroller is easy to do, but does take a lot of effort and strength actually to make it happen.
- It does take up a good amount of trunk space.
- The storage basket underneath is difficult to get to if the seats are in the reclined position.
Valco Baby Neo Twin Double Stroller
It might not have the word “jogger” in its name, but the Valco Baby Neo Twin Double Stroller is definitely strong enough to handle rough terrain for long periods of time.
This is thanks in part to the stroller’s durable air-filled tires which are designed to go over any type of terrain.
The long handlebar on top can be adjustable depending on who is pushing the stroller and there are even two individual sunshade canopies.
This is especially useful for those times when one toddler may complain about the sun, and the other may prefer to have their shade pulled back. When folded with the easy one-handed click, the stroller can either lay flat or stand upright, which makes for easy transporting and storing.
It’s suitable for children up to 45 pounds, which means that you can likely use the stroller for children through their toddler years. You can buy it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon.
- It’s a lightweight stroller in general, and as a double stroller, it’s even more lightweight.
- As far as double jogger strollers go, it’s also narrow enough for smaller doorways and large crowds, much like the Mountain Buggy.
- The double canopies are large enough for shielding your children from the sun throughout the day.
- You can even use the Graco Click Connect car seat with it.
- The air-filled tires may deflate or get flats a lot easier than some other stroller tires.
- The frame might feel lightweight, but at the same time, a little flimsy.
- It also has the tendency to feel a little unbalanced, which can make pushing it a balancing act.
Is This Product Recalled? There are no current or recent recalls on the Valco Baby Neo Twin Double Stroller.
BOB Revolution Pro Duallie
Unlike some of the other strollers comparable to the Mountain Buggy, the BOB Revolution Pro Duallie doesn’t have over-sized canopies, but it does have strong air-filled tires on the front and back.
Depending on the terrain you’re moving on, you can either leave the front wheel to swivel or lock it in place. There are also hand-operated brakes for your convenience and for your child’s comfort, plenty of suspensions to make for smooth rides every time.
The storage basket underneath is larger than is typical for strollers in general, let alone double joggers. And there’s even a wrist strap to keep you connected to the stroller at all times. It can be used for children from eight weeks old to 50 pounds. You can buy it on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Bed Bath & Beyond.
- The brake is strong and secure every time and can be adjusted, depending on how much friction you need.
- Adjusting the seats for different levels of recline is easy.
- Overall, the stroller is lightweight and easy to move.
- To put the tires on each time, you simply click them into place and go.
- Even for a double stroller, the BOB Revolution Pro Duallie is relatively bulky.
- It may be hard for some parents or caregivers to maneuver the stroller.
- You can only use a car seat with the stroller if you have the appropriate adapter.
Is This Product Recalled? There was a recall in recent years for the BOB Revolution Pro Duallie.
Obviously, there are more than enough double jogger strollers that compare to the Mountain Buggy Duet V3.
Whether they cost more or less or offer a little more room or ease of use varies from stroller to stroller. But even so, the Mountain Buggy offers a smooth ride for your little ones, and it can also be the only stroller you’ll need for quite a while. To be fair, it may be a little narrow for some parents’ comfort, but when it’s all said and done, there are so many little details that add up to one solid double jogger.