As an expectant parent, there’s no better gift you can give yourself than a solid baby carrier that will stick with you through thick and thin, and the MiaMily Hipster might be that carrier.
Instead of being a wrap or long stretch of fabric that you have to figure out yourself, it’s a sturdy carrier with multiple pockets, a thick waistband for added support, and cushioned shoulder straps. It’s hard to say if it’s perfect, but it does come pretty close.
Because of all of the adjustable straps and buckles, pretty much anyone can fit into the carrier, and when it comes to your baby, he or she will be enjoying it well into the toddler years, likely until they no longer want to be in a carrier at all.
Since that’s the point, some parents and caregiver might already consider the MiaMily Hipster to be worth its cost.
Designed with your comfort and your little ones in mind as well, the carrier keeps them in a healthy hip position while retaining much of the pressure off your back and shoulders so that neither of you tires of the carrier after wearing it for a few hours.
There are nine different ways to use the carrier, including a handful of positions that your child is sure to love at some point.
For your convenience, you’ll get multiple zippered pockets, an interior pocket, and side mesh pocket as well so that you can legitimately remain hands-free.
For your child’s convenience, there are two different teething pads and a head cover as well, so in a way, MiaMily has thought of most, if not everything. You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- It has six different seating options, all designed to keep your child in a hip healthy position.
- There’s a large zippered storage pocket under the seat as well as another zippered pocket on the front of the carrier for easy access.
- The shoulder straps buckle across the back to ensure comfort and security while you wear the carrier.
- It can be used for children from infancy up to 40 pounds.
- You can also take part in the carrier apart to use it as a 3D hip seat that wraps around your waist.
- The front storage pocket is removable to take a layer away and keep your baby cool.
- The storage pocket under the seat can fit the important stuff like a bottle, extra diaper, and even small packet of wipes.
- It’s lightweight enough to keep you and your baby cool after wearing it for long periods of time.
- As long as you properly adjust the straps to fit your body, the carrier can feel comfortable at all times rather than add weight on your shoulders or back.
- Since the front pocket unzips and is removable, you can have a layer of exposed mesh to add even more breathability.
- With six different positions for your growing baby, you won’t soon run out of possibilities to keep them safe and comfortable.
- Some parents might feel as though the MiaMily Hipster is a little overpriced for a baby carrier.
- The seat part of the carrier can sometimes dig into your body, even if it’s keeping your child comfortable.
- Although it’s designed for children up to 40 pounds, larger toddlers might put a strain on the carrier after minimal use.
How Others Compare
Luly 6-In-1 Carrier
Depending on your baby carrier, it can either be well below or above your budget. With the Luly 6-In-1 Carrier, you’re sure to get one that’s significantly less expensive than most others of the same style and overall design.
The hip seat is made to keep your child in a hip healthy ergonomic position at all times, regardless of which of the seven available positions you choose from.
The waistband itself can be adjusted to more than 45 inches, meaning that it can fit parents and caregivers of all different sizes, so you can easily share usage of the carrier with your partner if need be.
It’s made of a breathable cotton material that’s sure to keep your child comfortable regardless of the season, and it can be used for babies and toddler from 8-40 pounds.
- It has three different pockets that are not only easily accessible but also zippered to keep the contents safely inside at all times.
- The carrier can be converted to use as a hip seat alone.
- To keep the straps securely on your shoulders, they also connect in the back of the carrier in an “H” shape.
- There’s also extra neck support to keep your younger or smaller baby comfortable, especially if he or she falls asleep.
- It can be a little confusing to get the hang of how to properly buckle and secure the carrier on your body.
- Once you have the carrier on, it can be difficult to buckle the straps in the back without any extra help.
- For some, the shoulder straps are too far apart, which can make it difficult to get the safest and most comfortable fit.
Lillebaby Complete All Seasons Carrier
As far as baby carriers are concerned, there’s not much that the Lillebaby Complete All Seasons Carrier can’t do. You can choose from six different positions, including front fetal, infant forward facing, outward facing, toddler, hip carrying, and back carrying.
That being said, the carrier is designed to fit babies from 7-45 pounds, meaning that it can last a little longer than some other similar carriers, including the MiaMily Hipster. But like the MiaMily and similar carriers, the Lillebaby Complete features a hip healthy “M” seating to be as comfortable as possible for your little one. Not only that, but it also features a breathable 3D mesh material to keep your baby from overheating. You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The different positions make it possible to use the carrier for your baby from infancy all the way up to the early toddler years.
- It’s already breathable, but when you zip down the front panel, it becomes even airier.
- The waistband has extra padding for lumbar support, which is also helpful for moms post-C-section.
- It’s relatively easy to put the carrier on by yourself, instead of dealing with a ton of different complicated buckles and straps.
- The corners of the carrier where your child’s legs rest come to the point that makes the area almost sharp.
- For shorter parents and caregivers, it can be difficult to adjust the carrier to fit appropriately.
- Because it’s a long carrier and not a wrap, it can be bulky to travel with once you take it off.
Baby Tula Free-To-Grow Baby Carrier
Like the Lillebaby, the Baby Tula Free-To-Grow Baby Carrier is made for babies and toddlers from 7-45 pounds without an infant insert needed, so you can start using it right away to bond with your little one while also remaining hands free.
You can put your child in multiple positions for their comfort and there’s a thick waistband to keep them in the healthy “M” position while also giving your back and shoulders a break.
The body panel on the carrier can be adjusted to fit your growing child, so you won’t have to worry about your baby grows out of it too quickly.
There are three different width settings and two height settings to accommodate your little one as well as a breathable mesh panel to add airflow and keep you and your baby comfortable at all times, even when the weather is a little warmer.
You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- You can use the carrier for your infant even without using a separate infant insert.
- There’s a convenient front pocket that can hold most of your necessities, like your phone, keys, and wallet.
- Compared to other similar carriers, it’s a little bit less bulky.
- There’s a substantial amount of padding on the shoulder straps so that it can be more comfortable than other carriers for more extended periods of time.
- It lacks additional headspace that could be beneficial for smaller or younger babies.
- The black version of the carrier attracts stains, hair, and lint, easier than other prints and colors.
- Adjusting the back shoulder strap can be challenging to do on your own.
Beco Gemini Performance Baby Carrier
The biggest upside to the Beco Gemini Performance Baby Carrier is probably its cool mesh 3D panel, which is designed to keep airflow going regardless of how long you wear it throughout the day.
You can use it in the front inward facing, front outward facing, hip, and back carrying positions to accommodate your growing child, which is especially crucial since the carrier is made for babies from 7-35 pounds.
It’s also made for your comfort as well, since the carrier fits adults from extra small to extra large, so as long as you adjust the straps and buckles as needed, you’re sure to get the right fit for yourself.
You can purchase the carrier on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The shoulder straps of the carrier cross in the back for added comfort and overall safety.
- It also has a built-in headrest for smaller babies or those who still need help holding up their head.
- With the 3D mesh panel, the carrier can keep your child cool all day long, even during the warmer summer months.
- The size is adjustable for adults as well as babies.
- To unbuckle the straps, you need two hands, which can make it a hassle to deal with.
- Depending on your height, the shoulder straps in the back might reach too high up and become uncomfortable.
- Unlike other similar carriers, there isn’t a sun hood that can be pulled out.
A baby carrier isn’t the most important thing you’ll ever need for your baby, but it is easily one of those accessories that fly under the radar. You might end up realizing you need it when you actually need it at the moment as opposed to thinking ahead of time.
That being said, the MiaMily HipsterMiaMily Hipster is easily a solid choice for a baby carrier that will last you a long time. It’s designed to fit different body types, and it’s comfortable for both you and your little one, given its design and general shape.
It’s also so convenient for being on the go and wearing all day long if you need to, which is kind of the point for some parents and caregivers.
Yes, some baby carriers do compare to it, but the MiaMily Hipster offers plenty for both new and more seasoned parents.