Last Updated on
Being able to carry and cradle your baby is a wonderful thing, but since babies and toddlers grow at an almost alarming rate, one day they might seem light as a feather, while the next day, your shoulders start to feel weighed down. That’s where baby wrap carriers come in, especially where this Maya Baby Wrap review is concerned.
The lightly padded ring sling carrier is worn with a wide piece of fabric against your back, so there are no tight strings or straps to make the experience uncomfortable for you. There’s also no complicated wrapping involved and the Maya Baby Wrap can easily slip on and off your body.
Since it can be used for babies who weigh at least eight pounds and toddlers up to 35 pounds, you can utilize the Maya Baby Wrap while you breastfeed or simply when your toddler is tired of walking.
As your little one grows, you can change how they’ve positioned in the wrap accordingly and even adjust it to best fit you both, while not worrying about any special wrapping styles to adhere to in order to secure it in place.
The unpadded edges make it easier to secure into place with the wrap even has a zippered pocket sewn into the 100% woven cotton. It comes in sizes small, medium, large, and extra large. On Amazon, the Maya Baby Wrap is $80 (check here for latest price & discounts).
- The Maya Baby Wrap can be used for both babies and toddlers: You can use if for your baby from eight pounds, as well s for your toddler up to 35 pounds, which could mean getting years of use out of it.
- It can be easily stored in a diaper bag or purse: When slipped off, the wrap can fit without struggle into any medium-sized bag.
- The wrap is made with safety in mind: Each Maya Baby Wrap ring, made from aircraft grade aluminum, is tested to 250 pounds and the wraps themselves are CPSC compliant and ASTM compliant.
- The material is breathable for both you and baby: Made from 100% woven cotton, the Maya Baby Wrap is a breathable fabric, unlike stretchy baby wraps, which can require lots of wrapping and layering to keep secure.
- It’s easy to put on and take off.
- You can use it while you breastfeed too, thanks to the extra fabric that can be brough up as a cover.
- The fabric is breathable, but the padded shoulder makes it extra comfortable for caregivers.
- There are a variety of colors and patterns to choose from.
- Since the Maya Baby Wrap is adjustable, parents of different sizes and heights can alternate use of it.
- With just one shoulder sling, the wrap could put a strain on your shoulder, depending on how heavy your baby or toddler is.
- Since you have maneuver your baby in the sling, if they’re asleep, getting them in or out with most likely wake them.
- In warmer weather, wearing the Maya Baby Wrap could make you too hot.
How Others Compare
Like the Maya Baby Wrap, the Boba Wrap can be used during breastfeeding for easier access and it’s also meant to be used to keep your baby close to your chest. It can be used with your baby and toddler from seven to 35 pounds.
Without coming in different sizes, the Boba Wrap instead stretches to fit almost any body type and can be tied securely once wrapped properly. But unlike the Maya Baby Wrap, the Boba does require wrapping around your body in a specific way rather than through a ring.
On the plus side, once it’s wrapped around your torso and your baby is safely inside the wrap, all you need to do it tie it tightly to secure it. On Amazon, the Boba Wrap is $40 (check here for the latest price & discounts).
- At just $40, the cost is fairly less than some other leading baby wraps.
- The stretchy cotton/spandex material is made to stretch to fit anyone, so you can share it with your partner.
- The Boba Wrap doesn’t sag after all-day use, since it stretches to fit your baby or toddler against your body.
- It doesn’t typically put too much weight on your back or shoulders.
- The material is very long, so some caregivers might have to wrap more than typical in order to get it to fit properly.
- When wrapped around your hips, the Boba Wrap can sometimes ride up.
- It can feel overheated in warmer weather, which can get uncomfortable for both you and and baby.
Mamaway Ring Sling Baby Wrap
The Mamaway Ring Sling Baby Wrap advertises itself as a baby sling that makes it possible to get your baby situated and ready to go in “just 10 seconds.”
It also doubles as a nursing cover so you can breastfeed your baby on the go if the need arises and just like the Maya Baby Wrap, it has a ring used to help you loosen or tighten the wrap to secure it in place on your body.
The Mamaway Ring Sling Baby Wrap can be used from newborn until the carrying stage is over, but is so strong that it could potentially support up to 100 pounds of weight. The newborn position is specifically designed to model the position your baby would be in the womb, making them a comfortable as possible.
And with the wrap, your baby’s weight is evenly distributed enough to put less strain or pressure on your back as you wear them against your body. On Amazon, the Mamaway Ring Sling Baby Wrap is $63 (check here for the latest price & discounts).
- One full adjustable size can be adjusted to best fit almost any body type.
- The 100% Pima cotton blend is machine washable and made to dry quickly.
- The Mamaway Ring Sling Baby Wrap is designed to evenly distribute your baby’s weight for easy carrying.
- It’s been tested to carry 110 pounds for 24 hours, ensuring that any baby would be safe when carried in the Mamaway Ring Sling Baby Wrap for long periods of time.
- The material is very long, so shorter caregivers might have some trouble wrapping and fitting it.
- The ring itself could be larger to better allow the fabric to thread through.
- At first, it’s a challenged to carefully get your newborn in and out of the sling.
Vlokup Baby Ring Sling Wrap
One of the things that separates the Vlokup Baby Ring Sling Wrap apart from some of the others is the fact that it can hold babies up to 40 pounds, meaning your growing toddler can definitely be carried in the sling, as long as it’s comfortable for both your toddler and you.
It’s another sling that works with a ring to secure it, rather than a complicated wrap and tie system that could ride up your body and bunch up around your waist. With a lightly padded shoulder cushion and enough fabric to comfortably cradle your baby or toddler, the idea is comfort and safety all around.
It also has the long tail to use as a breastfeeding shield for privacy, while keeping your baby snug on the sling. On Amazon, the Vlokup Baby Ring Sling Wrap is $37 (check here for the latest price & discounts).
- The wrap comes in a variety of colors and even a waterproof option that can be used in the shower or pool.
- At $37, the Vlokup Baby Ring Sling Wrap is more affordable for most families than some of the competitors.
- You can use it for your baby and toddler for longer than just a few months’ time.
- It has a lightweight material.
- To some, the material might seem more stuff since it’s not stretchy.
- Since it’s long, it might seem a little bulky at times.
- It might be more difficult to find a comfortable position for smaller babies.
Dazone Adjustable Baby Wrap
As to be expected from a baby wrap without rings, the Dazone Adjustable Baby Wrap is made to pull to fit and tie to secure in place. It’s also big and stylish enough for both men and women to use it and since it adjusts to fit you and your baby, you can switch on and off with your partner. It’s made from a 95% cotton blend and designed to be breathable and allow air to pass through for added comfort as your baby or toddler sits snugly in the wrap.
The even weight distribution of your baby on your chest also takes the pressure off your back, making it easier to wear your baby with the Dazone Adjustable Baby Wrap for longer periods of time. On Amazon, the Dazone Adjustable Baby Wrap is $21 (check here for the latest price & discounts).
- You can use the wrap for your baby from birth up to 35 pounds.
- The price of $21 might make it the most affordable quality baby wrap out there.
- The wrap stretches over the shoulders, instead of digging into them with the weight of your baby in the sling.
- The material itself is lightweight enough for the wrap to be used during all four seasons.
- It takes some trial and error to learn to wrap the Dazone Adjustable Baby Wrap properly.
- There’s a lot of fabric that might make the secure knot bulky or long once you secure it.
At under $100 and being an easy to adjust and secure baby wrap, the Maya Baby Wrap is a solid choice, especially for new parents who aren’t as familiar with baby wraps in general. Some can be too long or even too complicated to properly and safely secure and as a result, they become pointless for their proper use.
Other baby wraps might seem easy to use, but aren’t as breathable, making them uncomfortable for both the baby and caregiver after a short time.
With the Maya Baby Wrap, you have breathable fabric that fits snugly thanks to the tested and durable ring, while giving you a place to breastfeed your baby if you need to. It’s hard to find the perfect one, but where the Maya Baby Wrap is concerned, it comes pretty close.