Typically, when you have one car seat brand, you have a handful of top car seats to choose from within said brand.
- 1 Main Differences Between Maxi Cosi Pria 70 vs Cosi Pria 85
- 2 Maxi Cosi Pria 70
- 3 Maxi Cosi Pria 85
- 4 The Verdict: Pria 70 or Pria 85?
- 5 FAQ’s About Maxi Cosi Car Seats
- 6 Final Thoughts on the Pria 85 vs 70
Main Differences Between Maxi Cosi Pria 70 vs Cosi Pria 85
The Main Differences Between Maxi Cosi Pria 70 vs Cosi Pria 85 are:
- Maxi Cosi Pria 70 works has a forward-faced 70 pound weight limit, whereas Cosi Pria 85 has an 85 pound forward-facing limit
- Maxi Cosi Pria 70 is wider, whereas Cosi Pria 85 is almost two inches smaller
- Maxi Cosi Pria 70 has a less expensive price tag, whereas the Maxi Cosi Pria 85 is slightly more expensive
You’d think this would make buying one easier, but in reality, it can make the decision a bit trickier. Like comparing the Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat (Black Gravel) vs the Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Special Edition Car Seat, Black Crystal.
Both are from the same brand and offer a lot of the same features and benefits, but they’re still different car seats and stand on their own. Chances are, if you’ve looked at one of them, then you’ve also come across the other. And choosing between them isn’t as easy as you might think.
The Pria 70, for example, is designed to fit more easily in a wider range of cars. This means more space in the backseat, but also more room for passengers up front.
On the other hand, the Pria 85 can hold children up to 85 pounds, while the weight limit on the Pria 70 is 70 pounds. That alone could be a deciding factor for some parents, but there are plenty of other factors to consider before making a definite decision between the two.
If safety is your biggest concern, however, that won’t help you in picking between the two. Both car seats have the same Air Protect side impact protection to keep your child safe in the event of a crash.
The Pria 70 does also have FlexTech multi-directional crash energy management, which is a bonus in the safety department. The car seats are similar enough to both be fine options as an infant car seat and beyond, but to really be able to choose between them, it’s important to look at them both from all angles possible.
Maxi Cosi Pria 70
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00O9W3MUK” locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/41GlRe0sXRL.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”500″ alt=”maxi cosi pria 70″]
The Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat (Black Gravel) is made for infants and toddlers and transitions from rear to forward-facing to give you the most out of it for as long as possible.
One of the more unique features is its FlexTech system for multi-directional crash energy management. It also has Air Protect for advanced side impact protection, which also adds a certain level of cushion and comfort for your little one. The fabric itself is self-wicking, so your little one won’t overheat on long car rides. It also makes it easier to clean up spills or unexpected messes.
If you’d prefer to wash the seat cover in the washing machine, you can unsnap it from the seat without even needing to uninstall the car seat. The overall design of the car seat is meant to make it easier for you to fit multiple car seats in your back seat and give you more room in the back as well as in the front.
Installation is also relatively simple since the car seat is equipped with LATCH connectors. And for your baby’s convenience, it has a built-in cup holder that doesn’t jut out on the side, so it doesn’t take up any extra room. Plus, in order to get the proper position for your child, there are three different deep recline positions.
Features of the Pria 70
- Safety Features: It has Air Protect side impact protection and FlexTech for safety and security in all other directions.
- Child Weight Range: As a rear-facing car seat, it’s for babies from 9-40 pounds and when forward-facing, 22-70 pounds.
- Price: On Amazon, the Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat (Black Gravel) is: Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat (Black Gravel)
- Where To Buy: You can find it Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat, Blue Base.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on this car seat.
Maxi Cosi Pria 70 Pros
- A lot of extra room in the back seat and front seat.
- There’s so much cushion and padding that your little one will still be comfortable as they grow.
- The fabric is soft for the cooler months but automatically micks moisture off in the warmer months.
- The headrest keeps little ones supported in the event that they fall asleep.
- You can adjust it to three different recline positions for your child’s comfort and safety.
Maxi Cosi Pria 70 Cons
- It can be a little difficult to properly tighten the straps.
- The buckle can also be hard to click open.
- You can’t use the tether when it’s in rear-facing mode.
- It’s also a little difficult to adjust the different recline positions.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00O9W3MUK” locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/31xzkPs23L.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”500″ alt=”maxi cosi pria 70″]
“We have used this car seat for our toddler for over two years now and really like it. It’s heavy, but high-quality and it has adjusted really well as our child has grown. You can remove the seat pad once your child gets bigger to provide more room. The padded headrest is also adjustable as your child grows. Installation is pretty easy and can be done with a variety of vehicle setups (including older vehicles without the now-ubiquitous LATCH system).” – Jonathan Cohen on Amazon.
“I researched a car seat for my 14-month-old. I wanted something with extra cushion for maximum comfort in long car rides. The fabric on this seat is really squishy and install was easy. I did read the manual and followed the tip to pull up the car seat cover to tighten the latch belt. It definitely helped. The car seat is a good weight. Not too heavy not too light. The cup holder is an added bonus for all of her snacks and treasures she finds while we are out and about.” – Dale Smith on Amazon.
“I have this car seat for my older daughter in blue and I love it so much there was no other option for me but to get another Pria 70. So easy to install the entire seat is removable and machine washable I do it a lot with my other one still in great shape after multiple machine washes. My daughters love it. Plus, it’s super cute.” – Kayleigh Rady on Amazon.
Maxi Cosi Pria 85
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B071VS2XKT” locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/51h77j4hmlL.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”500″ alt=”maxi cosi pria 85″]
The convertible Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Special Edition Car Seat, Black Crystal is similar enough to the Pria 70, but it’s a little longer lasting since it’s designed for little ones up to 85 pounds. It’s made with CosiCushion fabrics and padding for optimum comfort from the time your baby is still a baby and until they reach toddlerhood.
It also has Air Protect side impact technology and meets or exceeds all federal safety standards for car seats. Like the Pria 70, the Pria 85 also has a seat cover that can be unsnapped and removed with ease for cleaning. And the moisture-wicking fabric is sure to keep your little one comfortable in any climate.
To keep your child’s head from slumping over during long car ride naps, there are wings on either side of the headrest, which also adds to the car seat’s overall comfort.
The car seat transitions from rear to forward-facing once your child moves up in the proper weight bracket and you can adjust it to three different recline positions as needed. Plus, it has a no-rethread harness to make things even easier on you. And for your baby’s convenience, the Pria 85 has a built-in cup holder.
Maxi Cosi Pria 85 Features
- Safety Features: It’s made with lots of cushion and Air Protect side impact technology.
- Child Weight Range: As a rear-facing car seat, it’s for babies from 14-40 pounds and 22-85 pounds in forward-facing.
- Price: On Amazon, the Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Special Edition Car Seat, Black Crystal: Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Special Edition Car Seat, Black Crystal
- Where To Buy: You can find it
We Prefer the Pria 85$498.97The Maxi Cosia Pria 85 is the better option here. It's suitable for kids up to 85 pounds, 15 pounds above the Pria 70, which means it will last significantly longer and you likely won't need to upgrade as your toddler grows.View on Amazon Learn MoreWe earn a commission if you click this link and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.03/07/2021 12:38 am GMT
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on this car seat.
Maxi Cosi Pria 85 Pros
- It can be used for children for literally years thanks to its extended longevity.
- The different recline positions make it easier to fit the car seat in differently sloped back seats.
- Overall, the car seat is soft and cushioned for your little one’s comfort as they grow.
- It has strap holders, so you won’t have to deal with reaching down for straps every time you need to get your child buckled in.
- The depth of the Pria 85 is almost two inches smaller than that of the Pria 70.
Maxi Cosi Pria 85 Cons
- It’s a little pricier than the Maxi Cosi Pria 70.
- You need the proper wedge in order to use the car seat for newborns.
- It can be a little difficult to properly tighten the harness each time.
- Adjusting the headrest can also be annoying at times.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”452″ identifier=”B071VS2XKT” locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/51BQFTQUcfL.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”500″ alt=”maxi cosi pria 85″]
“My four-year-old always had a hard time on trips lasting longer than an hour. She told me her car seat was uncomfortable so I investigated and ended up purchasing the Maxi Cosi Pria 85. She loves it. We just took a trip lasting about 10 hours straight in the car and she never once complained of discomfort. This is a life changer for both her and the family. Could not be happier with this purchase.” – Robert Daniel Johnson on Amazon.
“I have two car seats. One for travel and one for everyday use. This is our everyday use car seat. It is sturdier than most and I feel much safer than anything else on the market. It is a bit heavy and awkward however for travel (planes). Also, my son gets car sick very often and this car seat is easy to take apart and wash. After over 20 washes the material is still going strong.” – Jessica Miller on Amazon.
“I bought this baby when my son was about nine months and he’s 14 months now. I’ve had no issues. This is a very comfortable and spacious chair. I’m always on the run and I needed something comfortable and easy to set up, and this chair fits right in. Yes, it’s big, but it’s also compact so you won’t have an issue fitting it in a small car. I have a Subaru Impreza and it fits nicely.” – Carlos M. on Amazon.
The Verdict: Pria 70 or Pria 85?
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”417″ identifier=”B071VS2XKT” locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/419TDBM1JnL.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”500″ alt=”maxi cosi pria 85″]
No one ever claimed that choosing the right car seat is easy. But when comparing the Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat (Black Gravel)and the Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Special Edition Car Seat, Black Crystal, the stronger option is the Pria 85.
It can last your child longer than the Pria 70 and has much of the same safety features. And while the Pria 70 has the Tiny Fit insert to use for newborns, the Pria 85 has the Infant Wedge to do the same thing.
The Pria 75 is certainly designed to be more slim fit than most car seats, but don’t let that fool you. The Pria 85 isn’t much bulkier and is actually almost two inches smaller in depth.
Honestly, both car seats will get the job done for your little one and act as easy to use forward and rear-facing car seats, but at the end of the day, your best option here
FAQ’s About Maxi Cosi Car Seats
Young infants are at risk of injuries because their ligaments and bones are still developing, so having a car seat that is facing back is the only option when driving with a baby in the car.
Maxi Cosi car seats can be used for newborns and kids up to 4 years old or for children up to 85 pounds.
Yes. In fact, this is one of the reasons why parents love this car seat. We all know how babies can make a mess in a second, so being able to clean them in no time is definitely an advantage.
Final Thoughts on the Pria 85 vs 70
In a perfect world, there would be a much easier way to choose the right car seat for your child without second guessing literally all of your decisions in the process. But as a parent, you can’t help but second guess your ideas or opinions regarding your child’s necessities.
Yes, this includes deciding between two car seats, as trivial as it might seem. Choosing the right car seat can mean the difference between spending to much on something that doesn’t last quite as long or going with one that doesn’t fit properly in your car.
Bottom Line: In this instance, Maxi Cosi Pria 85 is a stronger option, but at their core, both car seats are viable options.
- Cybex Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0 vs. Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat
- Maxi Cosi Pria 85 vs Nuna Rava
- 5 Best Convertible Car Seats
- Best Infant Car Seats for Small Cars
- Diono Radian vs Diono Ranier
- How Long do Car Seats Last?