- Baby Dry vs Swaddlers Diapers : Parent’s Guide - May 26, 2022
- The Ultimate Guide to the Best C-Section Scar Creams - May 20, 2022
- Solly vs Moby Baby Wrap : Which Baby Wrap Is Best? - May 20, 2022
Choosing the right breast pump is a bigger deal think you might think. If it isn’t scary enough to have a newborn to care for, you have to add into the mix the task of finding the right pump to see you through those first few months or even through the first year. And choosing between the Madenal Double/ Single Electric Breast Pump and the Bellema E3 Double/ Single Electric Breast Pump can be equally as daunting.
This is mostly because the two different pumps are so similar on paper and have so few differences that deciding between them can be quite a challenge. Both are designed to act as single or double pumps, and both come with travel bags and accessories so you can use them on the go if needed.
They’re both also designed to be as quiet as possible for extra discreet pumping. But you can also see some clear differences between the two pumps since they are, at their cores, different pumps from different top brands. The Madenal Electric Breast Pump, for example, might have excellent suction, but the Bellema Breast Pump has a lightweight portable package that can fit in the palm of your hand with ease.
Then again, the Madenal is more affordable than the Bellema, while the Bellema has a stimulation mode that lasts under five minutes and can make the beginning of each pumping session more simple to ease into every time. At the end of the day, though, one breast pump has to be stronger than the other, and before you can make a truly informed decision, it’s best to look at them both closely.
Madenal Double/Single Electric Breast Pump
The Madenal Double/Single Electric Breast Pump can be used as either a single or breast pump and at home or at work. This makes it as versatile as possible, especially as it has less than 50 decibels of sound. So you can easily and discreetly pump while sitting at your desk if you have to.
Once you switch the pump on, it automatically starts off in a slow warm-up setting meant to stimulate and slowly draw out the milk. Furthermore, you can choose between nine different duction settings to really get the most out of each pumping session.
So whether you need lots of milk expressed at once or just a bottle, your chosen suction level can help with it. The massage cushion on the pump helps stimulate milk flow overall and mimics the natural feel of a baby suckling to feel comfortable for you while you pump.
It’s battery-operated for use on the go, but you can also connect it to a computer power bank or outlet. The pump also has a closed system that’s designed to help keep milk from leaking into the tubing system. Plus, the display screen is sleek and easy to read and operate. You can control the suction levels and modes with the press of a button and decide when you want the display screen off.
- Accessories: The pump comes with 30 breastmilk bags, two nipples, a power adapter, three bottles, two ice packs, and a travel cooler bag.
- Cleaning: You can take it apart for cleaning and then reassemble the pump in as little as 5-10 seconds each.
- Different Modes: There are nine different suction settings to choose from, though it’s so strong that you may not even need to go up to the highest setting.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on this breast pump.
- It’s so quiet that you can work, watch TV, or even talk on the phone while using the double pump.
- The suction settings are so strong that you may not even need to use the highest setting, though there are nine in total to choose from.
- It’s more affordable than many other double pumps, including the Bellema E3.
- In case you need it for travel, it comes with a convenient battery as backup.
- The milk may sometimes back up between the flange and cushion.
- The nipple shields might not be large or small enough for you, so it can become painful to use the pump.
- It shuts off after 10 minutes or so of use, so you might have to use it in intervals during some pumping sessions.
“Purchased this pump to replace my Ameda pump, which lost suction after six weeks of use. This pump is amazing! When you turn it on, it starts off with a quick pulse and switches to a slower pulse automatically during a pumping session. The bag it comes holds everything and keeps it separated. The bottom compartment of the bag is a cooler where milk can be stored.” – Courtney-Ann Myers on Amazon.
“This is a great pump. I get quick drainage (about 10-15 minutes). It is comfortable and much quieter than another brand. My favorite feature though is the battery. I can bring it with me on day trips or in different rooms around the house and not have to worry about finding an outlet.” – Ralph Murphy on Amazon.
“I have been pumping for the last nine months at work and this pump has been very reliable, efficient and easy to use. I have been pumping three times daily and am now stepping down to twice daily. Additionally there are several days a month when I am “on-call” at the hospital and pump 6-7 times during a 28 hour shift. The suction and pumping action has been consistent and have not diminished over time. I also like the three phases of the pump with the let-down and regular phases.” – Gary Weigel on Amazon.
“Love this. I needed to replace a Breast pumps that suddenly died on me after four good years of use. I wanted a cheaper option and thought I’d try this based on the good reviews. Compared to the Freestyle, the efficiency and suction of this one is outstanding.” – Jay Grasso on Amazon.
Bellema E3 Double/Single Electric Breast Pump
Like the Madenal, the Bellema E3 Double/Single Electric Breast Pump comes with ice packs and a cooler bag to keep pumped milk fresh until you get home. It also has a carrying bag to put everything in, including the small cooler bag itself.
And the pump with its easy-to-read and operate LCD display can fit in your pocket if needed. That’s just part of what makes this particular pump so handy and convenient for pumping at home, work, or on the go. In this regard, the two pumps are quite similar. But the Bellema E3 does have the ability to use AA batteries to run, which can be convenient for moms who are wary of rechargeable batteries.
Then again, that means having a steady supply of batteries, which in itself can be annoying. The suction settings also have a stimulation mode to stimulate milk at the start and a letdown period, which can help your breasts begin to stop expressing milk toward the end of the session.
The inner rings of the pump suction cups are designed specifically for comfort and ease of use. The first outermost ring massages the middle of the breast, while the second ring massages the areola, and the third innermost ring massages the nipple itself. This makes for comfortable and easy pumping almost every time.
- Accessories: It comes with two breast shields, two bottles, extra tube connectors, ice packs, a small cooler bag, and a carrying bag.
- Cleaning: You can soak the breast shields, connectors, and tubes in hot water to disinfect them. But it’s not recommended that they are boiled.
- Different Modes: There are nine different suction levels and express and simulation modes as well.
- Where To Buy: You can find the pump on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on the Bellema E3 Double/Single Electric Breast Pump.
- The stimulation stage lasts less than four minutes to get yourself ready for a pumping session.
- It has an easy-to-read and operate LCD screen with touchscreen buttons that won’t accidentally turn on while it’s in your bag.
- There are nine different suction settings to choose from.
- It has an anti-backflow system designed to help prevent milk contamination during and after pumping.
- Compared to the Madenal, the Bellema E3 is a little more expensive, and while some parents may find the cost worth it, the price tag could be a dicing factor for others.
- It can be a little difficult to get the tubes and other parts clean since you can’t boil any of them.
- The breast cushions that come with the pump may not fit properly on everyone, so there can be some discomfort.
Bellema Double Electric Breast Pump Reviews
There are no reviews available for the Bellema E3 Double/Single Electric Breast Pump at this time, but customers said the following about the similar E5 model:
“I really like this pump. I’ve been using it for a month so far & it’s comfortable, battery charge is long lasting & everything fits in the pouch. I used to have a Medela & this to me, is just as good. My favorite thing is the silicon cushion! So much comfort for my breast.” – Trent Grove on Amazon.
“Great pump! I got this for work because my Spectra is too big and bulky for travel. This pump gets a good amount of milk, is comfortable and has a long battery life.” – Courtney Perna on Amazon.
Both the Madenal Double/Single Electric Breast Pump and the Bellema E3 Double/Single Electric Breast Pump are almost the same pump, for all intents and purposes. They’re both designed to be double pumps and they both have nearly identical pumps with sleek LCD screens.
However, the Bellema E3 doesn’t have the easy-to-take apart and clean pieces like the Madenal. And it’s nowhere near as affordable. To get a travel double electric pump for less than $100 is a steal and the Madenal provides easy and comfortable pumping to boot.
Of course, it may not be ideal that the Madenal shuts off sooner than the Bellema E3, but overall, it offers easy pumping at home and on the go. With the Madenal, you can work, watch TV, or walk around the home all while pumping. There are even nine strong suction levels to choose from. And while the Bellema E3 also offers nine different settings, the Madenal has proven its strength time and again.
For moms who plan to pump or do a mixture of pumping and breastfeeding, it can be difficult to choose the right breast pump. Some pumps might not be as portable as they seem, while others could be a real hassle to clean and sanitize each time.
With the Madenal Double/Single Electric Breast Pump, you get a pump that can be taken apart in seconds to clean and then put back together just as easily. It also has convenient cooler packs and a bag to keep your milk from spoiling until you’re home. It has nearly everything you’ll need. And for a new mom or more experienced one, it can make a big difference in the pumping experience.