- Evenflo Reversi Stroller Review: A Great Lightweight Model At a Decent Price - October 31, 2022
- Stokke 2019 Tripp Trapp High Chair vs Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair - May 11, 2022
- The Beso Vida Mobi Collapsible Bottle Review That You’ll Love - March 27, 2019
Glass bottles might seem like something of the past, but in reality, they can be more long-lasting and practical for your baby. The Lifefactory Glass Baby Bottle is explicitly designed to give your baby a durable and safe bottle that can last him or her a lot longer than your standard BPA-free plastic bottle.
The bottle is made from a safe thermal shock-resistant borosilicate glass, but the outside is covered in a medical-grade silicone sleeves to help prevent breaking in the off chance that you or your little one drops the bottle. The exterior grip sleeve is also convenient for when your baby starts holding the bottle on their own, as it gives them something to get a firm grip on rather than a smooth and sometimes slippery glass bottle.
The bottle comes with a newborn nipple ready for your infant to use right from the start. It also has a ring, stop, and cap to allow you and your baby to get the most out of it. Luckily, all parts of the Lifefactory Glass Baby Bottles are dishwasher safe, which makes cleaning and sanitizing so much easier, especially if you have more than one bottle to clean at one time.
You can either wash the bottle by hand or in the dishwasher with or without the sleeve on. And when you want to put the sleeve back on, you can stretch it over the glass bottles with relative ease.
The bottle comes in a variety of different colors for the sleeve, and the bottle itself can hold up to four or nine ounces of formula or breast milk. You can find the bottle on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The bottle comes in either four or nine-ounce sizes, so your baby can continue using it after the newborn stage.
- It’s made of safe and stain-resistant glass rather than plastic, which can sometimes scratch.
- The entire bottle and small parts are top-rack dishwashers safe.
- The exterior BPA-free silicone sleeves allows for a secure grip from both you and your baby and helps prevent breakage if the bottle drops.
- Since it’s shock-resistant, you can easily transfer the bottle from a cold freezer to a boiling pot without the risk of damaging it or having it break.
- There’s less of a chance of the bottle getting scratched or staining over time since it’s made of glass.
- You won’t have to worry about feeding your baby milk or formula from something made of plastic, which can sometimes feel less than safe for some parents.
- You can either use the nipple that comes with the bottle or Dr. Brown’s nipples if you prefer.
- There are fewer pieces to keep track of and wash, compared to other similar baby bottles.
- The measurements won’t rub off easily like with plastic bottles, because it’s on the rubber sleeve with this one.
- It may be difficult to fit some bottle brushes through the top of the bottle to clean it by hand.
- The bottle is a little heavier and wider than some others so that it may take some getting used to.
- There is a chance that the silicone sleeve could become loose over time.
- Some babies may find that the nipple collapses in rather than holds its shape when drinking from the bottle.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no current or recent recalls on this particular baby bottle.
How Others Compare
Evenflo Feeding Classic Glass Twist Bottle
The Evenflo brand is famous for baby bottles in general, but the Evenflo Feeding Classic Glass Twist baby Bottles is made of glass rather than plastic.
And it’s also designed in a way that makes it easy to hold for both parents and babies. This means that your baby will be less likely to drop it, even if it isn’t made with the same silicone sleeve as the Life factory Glass Baby Bottles. The soft silicone nipples are also made to make your baby feel as comfortable as possible. They are venting nipples, which take air bubbles and redirect them from getting into your baby’s stomach and bringing on gas and fussiness.
The bottle also fits most standard breast pumps, so you can potentially pump directly into the Evenflo bottle before your baby drinks from it. You can find it on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Target.
- The etched twist on the side of the bottle makes it easier for babies to hold onto it rather than a smooth durable glass exterior.
- The measurements are easy to read on the side of the bottle and are less likely to rub off over time, as can happen with plastic baby bottles.
- If your baby has colic, gas, or fussiness, the Evenflo nipples that come with the bottle will help prevent added air bubbles from getting out with the milk or formula.
- Overall, the bottle is quite durable, even without a protective sleeve.
- Even if it doesn’t break when it falls to the floor, the Evenflo high quality glass bottles can make a loud noise that may disrupt your infant.
- And if you accidentally drop it on your baby while feeding them, it can hurt a lot more than a standard plastic bottle.
- The bottle itself can feel naturally cold to the touch.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no recent, or current recalls for this bottle.
Dr. Brown’s Options Wide Neck Glass Bottles
There are a lot of different Dr. Brown’s baby bottles, and for those looking for a glass bottle over plastic, Dr. Brown’s Options 3 Piece Wide Neck Glass Bottles could be the right one to introduce to your baby at the beginning.
Like the Life factory Glass Baby Bottles, the D. Brown’s Options comes with a silicone sleeves that makes gripping it so much easier than without.
It also helps with digestion as your baby drinks from Dr. Brown’s nipple as well as a relatively slow flow and controlled nipple. The bottle comes in either a five or nine-ounce option and a few different color options. Even without the silicone sleeve, the bottle is thick and durable enough to withstand accidental drops either by you or your little one. You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby and Walmart.
- When the time comes, you can purchase sippy cup lids to attach to the top of the bottle in place of the cap and nipple.
- Since it’s made of glass, the bottle doesn’t absorb any formula or milk smell over time, as some plastic bottles tend to.
- Because of the nipple and flow system, air bubbles are less likely to get through the nipple as your baby drinks from the bottle.
- The bottle is relatively easy to clean by hand.
- Overall, the bottle is heavier than some other similar glass baby bottles of a same style.
- It’s also a little more costly than some other pack of glass bottles.
- If you don’t have the nipple and cap on perfectly straight, you will likely deal with leakage and dribbling when feeding your baby.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no current or recent recalls for Dr. Brown’s glass bottle.
Philips Avent Natural Glass Bottles
Philips is well known for its bottles, and when it comes to glass baby bottles, the brand’s response is the Philips Avent Natural Glass Bottle. Aside from the benefits of the bottle itself, the nipple has a petal design meant to help your baby latch a lot more easily, especially if they have a hard time latching onto baby bottles rather than nipples.
The bottle’s nipple is also designed to remain firm and upright rather than collapse into itself, as some nipples tend to do while babies feed. It also has an advanced anti-colic valve to prevent gassiness or discomfort in your baby after eating.
The bottle is already a step above some Philips plastic bottles because of the durable glass material, but it also has a wide neck and ergonomic shape, which makes feeding easier for a lot of babies. You can find the bottle on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
- Despite having no outside silicone sleeve, you can occasionally drop the Philips glass bottles without worry that it will shatter easily.
- Its nipple is designed to help your baby with latching as well as with gas or colic issues.
- The glass itself stays cleaner and stain-free much longer than plastic bottles tend to.
- It’s easier to warm up and keep warm the bottle, and it won’t be too hot to the touch, as some other bottles might be.
- Some parents might not love that the bottle comes with a number two nipple instead of a number one, which some babies might need first.
- It does tend to leak at times.
- The multi-pack of the Philips brand glass bottles might be a little on the pricey side for some parents.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no recent, or current recalls for the Philips Avent Natural Glass Bottles.
Chicco NaturalFit Glass Baby Bottles
You can use the Chicco NaturalFit Glass Baby Bottle with or without the accompanying silicone sleeves, but the fact that it comes with one at all is a bonus in itself.
It comes in either a five or nine-ounce option so your baby can continue using the bottle as he or she grows and requires more. It even has two kinds of nipples for your child to choose from. There’s the straight one or the more angled option to give your baby an option of which one might feel more natural and comfortable for them.
The bottle has just three pieces in total, which makes it not only easy to clean but easy to keep track of the parts to keep it all together. And, as with the Life factory Glass Baby Bottle, the silicone sleeve makes it easier for you and your baby to grip the bottle during feedings. You can find the bottle on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby and Walmart.
- With two different nipple options that come with the bottle, your baby is bound to be able to latch onto one of them.
- The multi-pack of the bottle is affordable for most families, especially for a glass bottle option.
- It takes just one minute to warm up the bottle, which can be beneficial since high quality glass is naturally cooler than plastic.
- The bottle comes with a matching silicone sleeve.
- The nipple can sometimes collapse during feedings.
- The bottle is quite a bit heavier than a plastic bottle, so it can be difficult for some babies to hold as they feed.
- Since a two pack comes with just one silicone sleeve, it can be a pain to take it off to put on the other bottle.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no recent, or current recalls for these particular glass baby bottles.
As with any solid baby product, it’s easy to see the good points that it offers, but just as easy to see the not-so-great. Such is also the case with the Life factory Glass Baby Bottles.
The safe silicone sleeve makes it easier than ever to use the glass baby bottle, but there is the off chance that it could stretch out over time without bouncing right back. And as far as the nipple goes, it may cave in at times, which can be confusing and frustrating for your baby.
On the other hand, a glass bottle, in general, tends to last longer over time than a plastic one. The Life factory Glass Baby Bottle is also less likely to get scratched or stained, like plastic bottles so much more easily. It’s difficult to say if this is the be-all/end-all-glass baby bottle.
But when compared to other similar ones, it’s hard to deny the benefits of the Life factory Glass Baby Bottle now and over time.e