As a new mom, breastfeeding can be very stressful, especially in the first few days until your newborn learns how to latch, and your milk supply increases, but no worries, this will become easy and natural to you and you will love every bit of it.
If you still haven’t given birth and you want to be prepared the best you can before your little one comes, we will tell you all about the famous breast pump, milk storage bottles, zipper seal bags that are easy to label and store in fridge with your liquid gold, and some of the best breastfeeding gift set that your hubby can get for you – kiinde twist starter kit.
The Kiinde Twist Starter Kit will help you get started and it is like your one-stop-shop for everything you need to pump, store, and then feed your baby from a bottle.
Granted, not all breastfeeding parents will want to use the bottle part of the kit, but it’s always convenient to have a bottle at the ready in case you can’t breastfeed or need to be away from your baby between feedings. Now that we have settled the more important things when it comes to breastfeeding, check our kiinde twist review and make your decision.
- 1 Kiinde Twist Breastfeeding Starter Kit
- 2 Tommee Tippee Pump And Go Milk Storage Bags
- 3 Medela Breastmilk Collection Storage Feeding Bottle
- 4 NUK Pump N Store Breast Milk Storage Kit
- 5 Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags
- 6 FAQ’s About the Kiinde Twist Breastfeeding Set
- 7 Final Thoughts on the Kiinde Twist Review
Kiinde Twist Breastfeeding Starter Kit
The kit comes with a breast pump and kiinde bottle, 20 twist pouches, a breast milk pouch organizer, two squeeze feeding bottles, three different flow nipples, and two bottle brushes, so there’s not much you’ll need that doesn’t come with it already.
Using the provided adapters, the Kiinde pouches can attach to most pumps to enable you to pump directly into the storage bags. Then, you can later attach those pouches to the bottles that come with the kit and with the proper nipple, you have a full bottle for your baby without pouring the milk from container to container and that also means less of a chance of added air bubbles getting in there.
The pouch inside of each Kiinde bottle will start to squeeze into itself as your baby drinks, further providing an air bubble-free experience and, therefore less gassiness in your baby. Well if you thought about something to give on a baby shower, this really is the perfect breastfeeding gift, and it’s plenty affordable too.
- The kiinde twist starter kit comes with everything you need to pump and store your breastmilk.
- You can collect, store, and feed your baby using the same pouch for all stages.
- The two available Kiinde bottle sizes are six and eight ounces.
- All of the twist-locking caps are made to securely stay on the pouches when storing them in your refrigerator or freezer.
- The bags, or pouches, are easy to handle each step of the way but are not reusable food pouches.
- The storage compartments that come with the bags take up little room in the freezer or refrigerator.
- It comes with multiple adapters to be able to work with almost any breast pump out there.
- There’s a lot less spillage, if any at all since you pump right into the pouches, which are then capped off to store for later use.
- Since there is a certain amount of expansion when freeing, you can’t store more than four ounces in each bag to be safe.
- Some babies might not take to the nipples that are provided with the Kiinde Twist Breastfeeding Starter Kit Review.
- Even the slow flow nipple allows milk to come out a little faster than you’d expect it to.
Tommee Tippee Pump And Go Milk Storage Bags
Tommee Tippee is known for its bottles and sippy cups alike, so naturally, they also offer the Tommee Tippee Pump and Go Milk Storage Bags.
Unlike the Kiindetwister kit, it doesn’t come with the full-service adapter and storage supplies, but the bags do work directly with most leading brand breast pumps and you can direct pump into the bags to store them for later use with your baby.
The pouch fits perfectly with the Tommee Tippee Pump and Go Breast Milk Pouch Bottle, so while it doesn’t have a nipple that attaches directly to the pouch. It can be used with the bottle system that allows you to still go from pumping to feeding with a couple of easy steps. It also makes it possible to start using the Tommee Tippee brand right off the bat and continue to utilize your baby grows.
- The bags are made of thick BPA-free plastic that is durable and, for the most part, leak-proof.
- With the right bottle attachments, you can use the pouches right after pumping into them.
- Since they have twist-off caps, you can also easily pour the milk into bottles from the pouches.
- You have more peace of mind since the pouches have caps instead of a zipper closure.
- If the bags get tiny knicks in them when being stored with other items in the freezer or refrigerator, you run the risk of having them leak.
- At times, the bags may not stand up properly to be able to fill them.
- While the bags work with most leading pumps, not all of them will be compatible with the Tommee Tippee Pump and Go Milk Storage Bags.
Medela Breastmilk Collection Storage Feeding Bottle
The Medela brand is well known for its breastfeeding products, so it should come as no surprise that they offer the Medela Breastmilk Collection Storage Feeding Bottle. Unlike others of the same kind, generally speaking, these are made specifically for Medela breast pumps, so you may have a difficult time using the bottles with other pumps.
But if you already use the Medela pumps, you can easily attach the bottles and pump directly into them. And if you purchase the bottles that come with nipples, you can also feed your baby straight from the storage bottle. In that sense, the Medela Breastmilk bags are easily comparable to the Kiinde Twist kit.
- The bottles come in either the five or eight-ounce size, so you can use them for a longer period of time and move up as your baby grows.
- Since they’re bottles, as opposed to bags, you may feel more at ease and confident in them.
- The eight-ounce bottles are perfect for the times when you need to pump a little extra.
- The bottles are also small enough for your baby to start to get the hand of holding them.
- Since the bottles are made for Medela pumps, you won’t be able to use them with different breast pumps you may already own.
- The actual numbers on the bottles may be hard to read, especially during feedings in the middle of the night.
- Unless stored upright, you need to be extra careful about sealing the bottles closed after pumping.
NUK Pump N Store Breast Milk Storage Kit
One of the most important overall features of the NUK Pump N Store Breast Milk Storage Kit is that the bags and pump connectors are compatible with most leading breast pump bags, including Medela, Lansinoh, Evenflo, and of course NUK.
You can twist the bags closed in order to store them to be used later, but where it differs from many other breast pump milk storage bags. These reusable food bags are convenient when you’re pumping often, and the entire kit is BPA-free and top-rack dishwasher-safe. The pump connector that comes with the kit also has Twin-Lock clamps to secure the bag into place when pumping and ensure that there’s no spills or leaks.
- Since the bags and accessories are dishwasher-safe, it makes it a lot easier to clean them after each use.
- The kit is compatible with most leading brand pumps.
- The bags seal up easily to be able to properly and safely store them in your freezer or refrigerator.
- Although the kit is inexpensive, it only comes with two bags, so you’ll likely need to buy more separately.
- If you’re using a double pump, then you’ll need two kits, since the kit only comes with one pump adapter.
- The bags aren’t meant to be used as bottles, but instead only store the milk.
Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags
On Amazon, the
- The 10-ounce bags stay without cracks or holes, even after the milk slightly expands in the freezer.
- They seem to have reinforced seams and a durable plastic that helps prevent rips and tears in the bags.
- Since you can actually hear the clicking when zipping the bags closed, you can feel more assured that they’re sealed properly.
Sometimes, the plastic sticks together which make it difficult to pry apart the edges and open the bags to begin pumping into them.
Since you have to pour directly from the bags into bottles and there’s no defined spout, you can potentially lose some breast milk in the process.
FAQ’s About the Kiinde Twist Breastfeeding Set
Yes, but if thoroughly cleaned and sterilized (not on high boiling temperature). It might be better to always use new sterile pouches and bottles when feeding your baby, and the best way to keep everything sterilized is to boil the bottles in water and a mild baby detergent or to use a special bottle sterilizer.
Yes, they are safe and made of BPA, PVC and phthalate-free and they are also recyclable in case you are safe about the environment.
Yes, it is. It’s compatible with Medela bottles, Spectra bottles, Evenflo, and more, and their adaptors are also a match.
Final Thoughts on the Kiinde Twist Review
Storing your breast milk is always a good idea. Provided, of course, that you properly label and keep track of the milk to give your baby the best and safest feeding experience possible.
With the Kiinde Twist Breastfeeding Starter Kit, you get marked milk bags to help you label them and even a stand to keep them in so they don’t get lost behind anything in the freezer or refrigerator.
Whether you’re just starting out breastfeeding or on your third pregnancy and have seen and done it all, for the most part, it’s never too late to consider the convenience that the kit offers, especially since it comes with almost everything you’ll need. When compared to similar kits, they might have some of the same featured benefits, but chances are, you’re not going to find everything in one place like you will with the Kiinde Twist Breastfeeding Starter Kit.
- Baby’s Only vs. Earth’s Best Formula: Which is The Best For Your Needs?
- 7 Best Water Toys for Toddlers To Keep Them Actively Learning
- 8 of the Best Squeeze Pouch Baby Foods You’ll All Enjoy