- Baby Dry vs Swaddlers Diapers : Parent’s Guide - May 26, 2022
- The Ultimate Guide to the Best C-Section Scar Creams - May 20, 2022
- Solly vs Moby Baby Wrap : Which Baby Wrap Is Best? - May 20, 2022
Getting comfortable throughout pregnancy can be hard. Luckily, there are all kinds of pregnancy pillows and wedges to keep you and your bump comfortable through all three trimesters. But when there are so many options, like these pillow wedges, it can be a little daunting to figure out the main differences between the Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge and Abco Tech Pregnancy Pillow Wedge.
They certainly look nearly identical right off the bat, but when you look a little closer, there are some differences that better set them apart from each other.
There are just a few dollars differences between the wedges, so if the price is your main priority, that probably won’t make your decision any easier. On the other hand, the fact that the Hiccapop has one firm side and one soft memory foam on the other makes it a little more versatile.
The Abco Tech does, however, hypoallergenic and can be used under your belly for support, between the legs, or even wedges behind you to add some back support. Both wedges are certainly useful for any pregnant woman regardless of your stage, but at the end of the day, the goal here is to figure out which one is better overall.
Both pregnancy pillow wedges can help keep you comfortable for the duration of your pregnancy and because they offer soft but durable comfort, you can continue to use them both well after you’ve given birth to your little one.
But before you decide which one is the one for you, it’s probably a good idea to take a closer look at both pillows and really get to know them better.
Main Differences Between The Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge vs Abco Tech Pregnancy Pillow Wedge
- The Abco Tech is made to be dust mite-free and offers fabric and cushion that won’t absorb harmful elements in the air.
- Environmentally friendly. The Abco Tech is hypoallergenic and free from Phthalates, PVC, and BPA.
- The Hiccapop is just a tad thicker and wider than the Abco Tech Pregnancy Pillow Wedge.
- The Hiccapop has cooling airflow technology with its CertiPUR-US cushion.
Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge
No matter how far along you are in your pregnancy, the Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge is sure to keep you comfortable. Even after your pregnancy, you can use the comfortable yet firm pillow to relax with, long after that bump has gone away. One of the reasons for this is that the Hiccapop has two sides for your comfort.
One is made of a soft memory foam that you can sink into and the other side is a firmer foam that might offer a little more support, especially for bellies that are further along.
It also has tiny holes throughout the wedge to promote healthy air flow and prevent a buildup of moisture. But it also means that the pillow stays cool for the most part, so you won’t have to worry about feeling overheating in the middle of the night.
But just in case you plan to use the pillow more places than just at home, it comes with a convenient travel bag so you can take it to the office or on family vacations. When you’re ready to clean it, the cover is easily removable and machine washable. The pillow itself weighs just 12 ounces, so carrying it during travels or even just moving it throughout your home is as easy as possible.
One of the main benefits of a pregnancy pillow wedge is that an elevated belly can help reduce common pregnancy swelling in the hands, legs, and feet, so it’s really a win-win all around.
- Size: The wedge is 13.2 x 15 x 4.5 inches.
- Materials: The cover is made from a super plush velboa, while the pillow itself is made from breathable CertiPUR-US foam.
- How To Clean: The cover is easily removable and completely machine washable.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on this pregnancy pillow wedge.
- The pillow has two different sides to choose from, so you can have two different ways to stay comfortable during your pregnancy.
- It offers so much support that you likely won’t even need a full-sized pregnancy body pillow.
- You can easily travel with this wedge.
- It’s also plenty affordable, especially since it’s designed to last so long.
- Although the cover is machine washable, the foam wedge pillow itself may easily stain.
- Some expectant moms might find that the pillow doesn’t become truly useful until they reach their third trimester.
- It might be on the small side for some mothers.
“This is exactly what I needed. I didn’t want to pay over $100 for a huge full-body pillow. I have lovely pillows that my head is very happy with! I simply needed support for my five-month twin bump. I love that it has two sides; soft and harder with memory foam. At the moment the softer side is perfect but I am likely to need to more solid side as I get bigger.” – Jennifer Kane on Amazon.
“At 34 weeks pregnant I started to really feel the magnitude of my second pregnancy with much aches and pains and round ligament pain. My first pregnancy I had one of those obnoxiously huge maternity pillows that ended up falling flat toward the end of my pregnancy, not to mention it was expensive! I opted to try something different and this little wedge was a game-changer for me. I’ve been sleeping much better.” – Chadi D. on Amazon.
“After researching pregnancy pillows I knew I did not want one of those huge pillows. I already slept with a pillow between my knees & hugged one. I also have bulging discs in my neck & need to use my own pillow. With those huge pillows, you have to use that as your pillow & I was not going to risk neck pain on an expensive huge pillow… This pregnancy wedge was a perfect addition to my already established pillow routine.” – Crystal Lee on Amazon.
“This pillow has helped me find a comfortable way to sleep with my growing belly. I previously tried the Leachco Snoogle pillow, but it was too large, made me feel too confined, and was hard to get in and out of to go to the bathroom (which you do a lot while pregnant), and didn’t allow me to cuddle with my husband or puppy. The Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow solved all of those issues.” – Alissa Glover on Amazon.
Abco Tech Pregnancy Pillow Wedge
The Abco Tech Pregnancy Pillow Wedge is similar to the Hiccapop in not only design but general appearance. But it does have its own features that truly make the pillow its own entity.
Its cover has an elegant zipper that won’t catch on your clothes or rub your skin the wrong way and it is made without any harmful chemicals or additives that can make it toxic, in a way, for some. It’s also slightly shaped to conform to your body properly and although you can use it for your growing belly, the pillow is also suitable for use between the legs or as a lower back support during and after your pregnancy.
The ventilated fabric and foam also make the pillow plenty breathable and overall comfortable for use overnight without potentially overheating you.
And when you’re pregnant, overheating in the middle of the night is a genuine issue for some. The best part is that as you relax with your body around the wedge pillow, it conforms to the shape so you can feel engulfed in sheer comfort the whole time.
And, like the Hiccapop, you can travel with it thanks to its compact size and travel bag. And it’s not much heavier than the Hiccapop, so this one is also lightweight enough to take with you on the go.
- Size: The pillow is 14.9 x 13.6 x 4.3 inches.
- Materials: It’s made from hypoallergenic memory foam.
- How To Clean: The Abco Tech pillow cover is easily removable and machine washable.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find it on Amazon.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on this pregnancy pillow wedge.
- It can cradle your growing baby bump at just the right angle to take a little pressure off and help you get a good night’s sleep.
- It’s totally portable, so you can use it pretty much anywhere for belly or lower back support.
- You can also use it after pregnancy for lower back, inner thigh, or even head and neck support.
- The cushion is hypoallergenic and chemical-free.
- Some expectant moms might find that it’s almost too firm and could be a tad softer.
- It can only be purchased on Amazon, which some parents may not prefer if they can’t see it in person first.
- Some might prefer if it was a little larger.
“Overall, I think the pillow is great. I’d personally like it a little larger and firmer, but it seems like it compacts perfectly for travel. The pillowcase has a very soft and luxurious feel. It supports the baby bump at a great angle and has taken a lot of pressure off my back while sleeping and has made it easier to roll from side to side in the night. I highly recommend it.” – Ezekial Otsuka on Amazon.
“I bought this for my daughter in law, who was having issues with her hips and back while pregnant, she says this helps her a lot. She even put it behind her while sitting. Before, she was using multiple pillows.” – Celina Reaves on Amazon.
“Good quality supporting pillow, it helps my pregnancy a lot, it’s not huge so it takes less space on the bed. Not too soft or stiff, it’s where you can feel comfortable. Comes with a removable gray pillow case so you can wash and reuse without staining the actual pillow.” – W.L. on Amazon.
“I love the shape of the pillow, I’m only nine weeks so far, but it helps tremendously with back pain, finding a comfortable position. I slept in one position most of the night. Love it! Wish I had one for my last pregnancy.” – Amanda Ishmael on Amazon.
Both pregnancy pillow wedges are plenty useful for expectant moms both during and after their pregnancies. But when it comes down to it, the stronger option here is the Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge.
It offers a breathable and hygienic cushion and fabric cover to keep you comfortable throughout your pregnancy and. Plus, it has two different sides to choose from.
So when you need a little more support, the firm side is much easier to get used out of. But if you need something a little softer that conforms around your belly a little better, the softer memory foam side is the way to go. The point is, the Hiccapop offers so much in terms of comfort and versatility and that makes for an excellent value.
Buying a pregnancy pillow wedge certainly isn’t one of those things you absolutely need as a new parent, but it can be the difference between tossing and turning all night and finding that perfect sweet spot for your growing belly. With the Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge, you get a pillow that can be used in more ways than one, which only adds to its value.
Plus, it gets bonus points for remaining useful even after you’ve had your little one. Your pregnancy won’t necessarily be unbearable without the Hiccapop, but it can definitely make things easier on your changing body while giving you a better night’s sleep.