When you become a parent, you will have to experiment with lots of techniques when it comes to your baby’s good night’s sleep and some of them will include purchasing devices such as baby shusher, rock-a-bye baby monitor, ocean waves and nature sounds emitters and so on. Some of these display light and play lullabies, whereas others play white noise – this is where the experiment starts when you will have to find out whether your baby will like songs or just relaxing sounds.
There are lots of choices to make, which is why today we are presenting you the hatch baby rest review and some other interesting options when it comes to choosing the best for your baby’s night rest.
- 1 Hatch Baby Rest
- 2 Project Nursery Dreamweaver Smart Night Light & Sound Soother
- 3 Bubzi Co Baby Sleep Aid Night Light & Shusher Sound Machine
- 4 myBaby SoundSpa Lullaby Sounds & Projection
- 5 Munchkin Shhh Portable Soothing Sound And Light Machine
- 6 FAQ’s About Hatch Baby Rest
Hatch Baby Rest
Some babies want and even need noise or music to fall asleep to, and that’s when you consider purchasing the Hatch Baby Rest, which is a nightlight, and sound machine all rolled into one convenient baby product.
When your baby is an infant, you can use the soft glowing light to navigate their nursery during those late night feeds, and the white noise will undoubtedly help them fall asleep a lot of the time. But the unique feature is the ability to control every aspect of the machine from your phone.
This means you can turn off the noise or light or adjust both of them remotely by using your phone, so you don’t have actually to go in your baby’s nursery to do so.
Using the Hatch baby app, you can also create favorite songs and lights that your baby has become accustomed to or falls asleep better too and your favorites will be saved until you want to change them again. Even if your baby grows into a toddler, you can still get plenty of use out of the Hatch Baby Rest.
As a nightlight, your child can feel safe and comfortable with the soft glowing color that remains cool to the touch throughout the night.
And by programming in your child’s daily schedule, they can learn to get into the routine of a regular wake-up time, bath time, and bedtime. When you first purchase the machine, it might be convenient for getting your baby to sleep through the night, but eventually, it will be even handier in getting your toddler to get on a healthy schedule. On Amazon, the Hatch Baby Rest is $60. Check out the latest price!
- You can control the sound, light, and volume all from your phone without ever needing to wake your baby in the process.
- Not only is it a sound machine, but it’s also a nightlight and alarm clock in a way since you can program a “time to rise” for your toddler.
- There is sound, and light sleep combinations included that recommend the right kind of sleep schedules you may be looking for.
- You can set specific fun songs and colors to come on when it’s nearing bedtime, which can be a fun reminder for your toddler that bedtime is coming.
- If your baby wakes in the middle of the night because the noise or song is no longer playing or no longer lulls them to sleep, you can change it from your bed with your phone.
- The maximum volume is relatively loud, which may be necessary for certain white noises, especially if you have an otherwise noisy home.
- The music and sounds that come out of the speaker are crisp and clear each time.
- Your toddler can even get used out of the Hatch Baby Rest eventually, giving you years of use out of the sound and light machine.
- The machine itself is sensitive to touches. Even if you accidentally lightly touch it, there’s a chance it could shut off.
- The Bluetooth technology used to connect the machine to your phone only reaches so far, so you won’t be able to control it from your room if your bedroom is far from your baby’s.
- A lot of the noises get louder and softer and vice versa, but since some babies may prefer a steady low sound, like a fan, they may wake up during the machine’s cycle.
How Others Compare
Project Nursery Dreamweaver Smart Night Light & Sound Soother
The Project Nursery Dreamweaver Smart Night Light & Sound Soother might not be the brightest or biggest night light and sound machine for nurseries, but that’s part of the reason why it’s comparable to the Hatch Baby Rest, which is also small enough to take with you on the go.
The soft glow provides a mild night light for your baby or toddler, and the machine comes preloaded with different songs and lullabies, as well as soothing sounds to help your baby fall asleep easier.
But if there are songs your baby prefers that aren’t on there, you can connect your phone to the Sound Soother via Bluetooth and stream music to help your baby fall asleep or stay asleep. The different options for the light are sparkle, fade, dance, and rhythm, and it also has a sleep timer you can set at 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes, with ah adjustable volume option as well.
On Amazon, the Project Nursery Dreamweaver Smart Night Light & Sound Soother is $40. Check out the latest price!
- The mason jar design makes it pretty to look at, even when it’s not on. It also makes it easier to match different nurseries or bedrooms.
- Being able to stream your own music to the Sound Soother can mean playing specific songs you know your baby will fall asleep to, while also being able to get used out of the night light at the same time.
- The sleep timer option means that the soother doesn’t have to be on all night long and can just play as your baby falls asleep.
- The charging cord that comes with it may be too short to reach an outlet. This unless the outlet is very close by.
- The charge itself likely won’t last all night. This can be bothersome, especially if the soother is placed closer to the crib where it can’t be plugged in.
- If you aren’t planning to use the Bluetooth feature, you may be able to find similar sounds and lights with a more inexpensive option.
Bubzi Co Baby Sleep Aid Night Light & Shusher Sound Machine
The big thing to love about the Bubzi Co Baby Sleep Aid Night Light & Shusher Sound Machine is that, while plush like a stuffed animal, it’s as portable as you can get.
It can even hang off the back of your purse or diaper bag to bring with you places to be able to keep that good nap and sleep cycle going.
With 10 different soothing lullabies for your baby to fall asleep to, the owl also projects softly lit stars onto the bedroom wall to add a little bit of light in the room during the night. It’s also totally battery-operated, which means no plugs and no electricity even needed for the Shusher Sound Machine.
After 30 minutes, it automatically shuts off so you don’t have to and it can even be washed by hand in case your baby or toddler gets their hands on it and leave behind smudge or stains on the softer, stuffed parts of the owl. On Amazon, the Bubzi Co Baby Sleep Aid Night Light & Shusher Sound Machine is $30. Check out the latest price!
- Since it’s 100% portable, you won’t have to worry about messing up your new baby’s sleep schedule if you leave home or go on family trips.
- It can even be used to relax your baby if they’re trying to resist napping at their usual time. They’ll likely grow accustomed to the lights and sounds.
- It also turns off on its own after 30 minutes. So, you won’t have to worry about the lights or music being on all night long.
- While the owl does have music, unlike the Hatch Baby Rest, there’s no white noise type of function available.
- There is the chance that because it uses batteries only, you’ll be changing the batteries relatively often.
- With two different volume settings, you’re stuck with having either louder or almost too soft music for your baby.
myBaby SoundSpa Lullaby Sounds & Projection
The myBaby SoundSpa Lullaby Sounds & Projection is another sound machine that also projects lights onto the ceiling, which can be nice for babies or toddlers, but unlike the Hatch Baby Rest, it doesn’t emit the simple soft glow that may make it easier for babies to fall asleep.
One of the stronger aspects of it, however, is its size. Since it can essentially fit in one hand, it’s not difficult to take the sound and light projector with you on the go, and it’s also electric, so there’s no need for batteries.
With this sound machine, there are three different lullabies, three soothing natural sounds, and three different pictures to project onto the ceiling for your baby to see as they fall asleep. You can also set the auto timer to turn off the machine after 15-60 minutes, which you can change each time depending on your baby’s needs. On Amazon, the myBaby SoundSpa Lullaby Sounds & Projection is $20. Check out the latest price!
- In case you don’t want to use the timer, you don’t even have to. You can keep the SoundSpa on all night if you prefer to.
- The projected light shines up into the ceiling. Therefore it won’t have the chance to shine in your baby’s eyes at all.
- You can either play the sounds separately from having the projector on or have them both working at the same time.
- Unlike other similar machines, there’s no simple white noise option, which may be what a lot of parents are looking for.
- There’s no actual on/off switch, but rather you have to click through all of the other sounds before getting to the end.
- The sounds could be more soft and soothing than high-pitched and loud.
Munchkin Shhh Portable Soothing Sound And Light Machine
If you want a sound and light machine that you can take pretty much anywhere with you and one that also blends into its surroundings, then the Munchkin Shhh Portable Soothing Sound And Light Machine is comparable to the Hatch Baby Rest.
For this one, you need batteries to operate it, but you also get an auto shut-off timer that works after 15, 20, or 30 minutes. The three different sounds, a white noise, shushing sound, and heartbeat, are all naturally soothing sounds that may be a welcome alternative to actual music that some other sound soothers use.
It also has a softly lit night light that can even pulse in time with the beat of the noise you choose to put on while your baby falls asleep. On Amazon, the Munchkin Shhh Portable Soothing Sound And Light Machine is $20. Check out the latest price!
- Although there are only three sound options, they’re all calming sounds that most parents look for in soothing sound machines such as this.
- At just $20, the Munchkin sound machine is a bargain for most families, while still offering a lot of the same qualities of more high-end options.
- With the added tier, you can also use the machine for your toddler, as it will prompt them to be asleep by the time the timer turns it off.
- Although the machine emits some light, it’s not bright enough to see any of the buttons in the dark.
- Since the outer material of it has a rubber or silicone, it does collect pet hair and dust a lot easier than other sound machines would.
- There are multiple screws in place to keep the battery compartment accessible by children. However, it can be tedious to have to open it every time you need to change the batteries.
FAQ’s About Hatch Baby Rest
Hatch baby rest works perfectly well with Alexa, so you can use it to give the machine commands. Also, it has a timing option so you can check how long your baby naps, times between feedings, how long diaper change lasts and whatever else you need to measure.
Yes. In fact, you would be surprised to know that lots of toys and sound machines are way louder and exceed safety levels for adults and kids, so when purchasing a sound machine, always make sure you try it before buying it.
If your baby likes white noise, then you should purchase a sound machine that displays such sounds, and the best way to help them fall asleep is when the machine doesn’t exceed 80 dB.
There’s no denying that aside from the Hatch Baby Rest, there are plenty of other baby sound machines that would be suitable for your child.
But you also can’t ignore the convenience that the Bluetooth technology provides, along with the ability to really have the machine grow with your baby into toddlerhood. It might be more pricey than some other options, but in this case, you get what you pay for.
And with the Hatch Baby Rest, you get a solid baby sound machine that helps your baby get on a steady sleep schedule and one that should last a good while at that. While it may not be perfect and, as to be expected, has some flaws that could be improved, the Hatch Baby Rest is still a solid noise and light machine for your baby that could be helpful right from the start.