Even if this is your first baby, chances are, you’ve heard of the Graco brand. And even if you aren’t very familiar with all of the car seats under the manufacturers, this Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible Car Seat review will help to familiarize you with one of the top car seats that Graco puts out.
It’s not necessarily the only one you’ll ever need, since the weight limit does not exceed 65 pounds, but the car seat does offer safety and comfort for your baby and toddler from infancy up through the toddler years.
The Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible has been engineered & crash tested to meet or exceed the US standard FMVSS 213 for safety and as a whole, it meets or exceeds all U.S. safety standards by which car seats are supposed to comply.
Not only does the EPS energy absorbing foam help in absorbing impact while your baby is securely fastened in the car seat, but the five-point harness can be adjusted at the front to easily get your baby in and out.
For convenience, there are also two cup holders to hold snacks and drinks for your little one and the cover can be removed for easy machine washing, while the frame and buckles can be washed with warm soap and water.
If Graco wasn’t already a well-trusted brand, then this particular car seat would help parents and caregivers trust it even more. On Amazon, the Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible Car Seat is $75 (check here for the latest price).
- The safety standards and foam absorbing material make safety a big priority with the car seat to ensure your baby or toddler’s safety.
- As a stage 2 car seat, you can use the removable infant insert to also utilize the Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible Car Seat from the beginning.
- There is an easy to read adjustment level indicator to position the car seat at the proper angle at all times.
- With a LATCH system and front adjustable five-point harness, it’s relatively easy to secure and keep your child in their car seat.
- Installation and balancing the seat to fit it in at the right angle are both easy to get through.
- It’s also lightweight for transporting from car to car or inside your home when you don’t want to leave it out in the car overnight.
- It can be used as a rear-facing and then a forward-facing car seat when your toddler reaches the appropriate weight limit.
- Cleaning the car seat and the removable cover is easy on both accounts.
- Compared to other car seats, the Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible Car Seat is a little bulkier.
- The cushion could be a little thicker for overall comfort.
- The sides of the car seat come up high, so if you have a younger baby secured in the car seat, they won’t be able to see across the backseat next to them.
How Others Compare
Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
The Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat just looks comfortable, so right off the bat, you know that your infant, young baby, and eventual toddler will get plenty of use out of it. With complete side impact protection, the car seat is built to last through three stages with your child.
You can use it in rear-facing from 5-40 pounds, then forward-facing from 22-65 pounds, and finally as a belt-positioning booster from 40-100 pounds, so it’s truly the only car seat you’ll ever need for your child.
The car seat also has a QuickFit Harness that makes it possible to adjust the headrest and harness in one step, all at the same time. Plus, the three position reclining capabilities make it easier than ever to get the car seat in and out of your car.
And while it exceeds all federal safety standards for car seats, it also has an IIHS Good Bet rating when used as a booster. On Amazon, the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat is $120 (check here for the latest price).
- At just $120, the car seat is a legitimate bargain, since it’s safe, comfortable, and can be used at every stage your child will need a car seat or booster.
- It can be used from a rear-facing infant car seat all the way to a booster for your growing child when he or she is of the correct weight and height requirements.
- The Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in1 Convertible is cushioned and soft enough to provide a smooth ride for your sleeping baby or toddler.
- It’s also pretty easy to get your little one in and out of the car seat as needed.
- For some, it might be difficult to stabilize and easily fit the car seat in the back seat of your car.
- The latch isn’t very easy to tighten and can sometimes be more of a hassle than it’s worth.
- The recline position for smaller babies or infants is hard to get at just the right comfortable and safe angle.
Evenflo Symphony DLX All-In-One Convertible Car Seat
One of the most noteworthy qualities of the Evenflo Symphony DLX All-In-One Convertible Car Seat is its SureLATCH patented anchor system. With the system, the car seat automatically tightens to keep the car seat securely positioned in your back seat, further adding to the safety measures taken to keep the car seat safety for your child.
As a whole, it could potentially be the only car seat you’ll ever need, including for your child past the toddler stages. The Symphony DLX can be used as rear-facing from 5-40 pounds, forward-facing toddlers from 22-65 pounds, and then as a high back booster for kids from 40-110 pounds.
With an easy to install a system for the car seat, it should typically take you no more than 60 seconds, which can be a welcome change from some other car seats that cause more stress than help in keeping your infant or toddler secure.
From the ease of use to overall comfort, it’s definitely hit on some of the important aspects of the right car seat. And on Amazon, the Evenflo Symphony DLX All-In-One Convertible Car Seat is $149 (check here for the latest price).
- The infant insert is easy to install and remove and at each stage, your baby or toddler should fit comfortably in the Evenflo Symphony DLX.
- The adjustments in the shoulder strap area are convenient and easy to work.
- The lATCH system, while difficult for some other car seats, is a breeze with this particular Evenflo car seat and cuts installation time by more than half.
- The adjustable shoulder height of the car seat makes it possible to truly adjust to your little one’s size for both safety and comfort.
- Achieving the perfect reclined position fit when rear-facing can be a challenge.
- It is a little wider and bulky than some other car seats, so fitting multiple in your back seat could pose a challenge.
- There’s no level to help indicate the best possible reclining position.
Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Car Seat
Since the Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Car Seat is designed to be a 2-in-1 convertible car seat, you can utilize it from the time your baby reaches 14 pounds up through toddlerhood. To be exact, the car seat can be rear-facing from 14-40 pounds, and then forward-facing from 22-85 pounds.
The specially designed Air Protect system provides cushioned protection for your child to adsorb accident and aid in keeping them safe when properly secured in the car seat.
You can adjust the headrest height as well as the harness with one hand to make things even easier on you since babies and toddler tend to grow quickly and require those small adjustments a lot along the way. Plus, the seat cover and pad are completely machine washable to get out any milk stains or juice spills.
When getting your child in and out of the Maxi-Cosi Pria 85, you won’t have to worry about their little arms or legs getting tangled in the straps, as the harness holders work to keep the harness out of the way so you can easily take your child out and then put him or her back in the car seat.
There’s not much they haven’t thought of for your child and on Amazon, the Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Car Seat is $230 (check here for the latest price).
- It can fit babies, toddlers, and even young children, from a wide range of sizes and heights.
- The anchor connectors are pushed and lowered for your ease of use.
- It’s easy to fit in the back seats of most cars without too much effort or hassle.
- The Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 offers a substantial amount of comfort for your baby or toddler, no matter what stage they’re at.
- At $230, the car seat may be out of some families’ price range.
- For some, getting a snug enough installation could be a challenge.
- With your car’s seat belt, it could be difficult to properly install the Maxi-Cosi Pria 85.
When compared to some other car seats in a similar range of the Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible Car Seat, it’s easy to see what the Graco offers in terms of safety, price, and comfort that some others may be lacking.
On the flipside, there are certainly some aspects of other car seats, like a more expansive longevity, that the Graco My Ride LX Convertible doesn’t necessarily offer.
Overall, though, if you’re looking for a car seat that’s affordable, safe, and can be used from infancy to toddlerhood, then this is a solid choice. There’s a reason why Graco is a trusted brand and when it comes to this particular car seat, it’s a truly reliable option.