Last Updated on
The Graco Milestone All-in-1 Convertible Car Seat might just be one of the more affordable convertible car seats out there, and that’s kind of a huge deal.
These days, you might have to pay a few hundred dollars in order to find the right car seat that grows with your child, but with this one, you’ll pay less than $200 on Amazon for a car seat that will last your child several years, right from when you bring them home from the hospital for the very first time.
As a rear-facing infant car seat, it can be used for babies from 5-40 pounds, then as a forward-facing car seat, it’s suitable for kids from 20-65 pounds, and it can eventually be used as a belt-positioning booster 30-100 pounds.
For your child’s safety and to make things easier on you, the Graco Milestone Car Seat has the Simply Safe Adjust Harness System. You can adjust the height of the harness and headrest at once and with one move, which means that your child will be secured in the seat, but also that it will be simple for you to accomplish. You can also utilize the InRight LATCH system, which will let you know it’s been securely fastened with an audible click to give you peace of mind.
Plus, there are four different recline positions to get your baby at the right angle for their comfort and safety. You can purchase the car seat on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
- 1 Features
- 2 How Others Compare
- 2.1 Evenflo Symphony Elite All-In-One Convertible Car Seat
- 2.2 Diono Radian RXT All-In-One Convertible Car Seat
- 2.3 Safety 1st UltraMax Air 360 4-In-1 Convertible Car Seat
- 2.4 Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat
- 2.5 Final Thoughts
- 2.6 Related
- It has an easy to use harness adjustment system that most parents will be able to get the hang of quickly.
- There’s also a cup holder for your child’s convenience, but when it’s not needed or not in use, it was easily be removed from the side of the car seat.
- You can use it for children from 5-100 pounds in three different modes, which means that you won’t have to buy multiple different car seats for your one child.
- There is a four-position recline that can be used in either the rear or forward-facing modes.
- It has a steel-reinforced frame to add to its durability and longevity too.
- It’s been crash tested for side impact protection and meets or exceeds all necessary safety requirements.
- The bottom of the seat cover can come off for machine washing and help clean out the car seat as a whole.
- It costs less than $200 on Amazon, which is a steal when you think of everything it offers for your baby and, eventually, your toddler.
- There’s a level on one side of the car seat to help you make sure the seat is in its proper position when installed.
- Without using the LATCH system, it might be hard to get the car seat tightly fastened in your back seat.
- Because of the anchor and belt cinching that keep it secure, it can be hard to remove the car seat if you need to use it between two or more cars.
- Some parents may run into the issue of the straps twisting and needing to be adjusted each time you put your child in the car.
How Others Compare
Evenflo Symphony Elite All-In-One Convertible Car Seat
Just by looking at the Evenflo Symphony Elite All-In-One Convertible Car Seat, you can tell how comfortable and cushioned it for your baby as they grow.
There are multiple layers of cushion to keep them both comfortable and safe, which can be removed as they grow and graduate to the next stage of the car seat. Using the auto-retracting Sure LATCH connectors makes installation a breeze, even if using the LATCH system can be difficult or stressful with other similar car seats.
It also has Evenflo’s own 5-point Infinite Slide harness, which is designed to help get an accurate and safe fit each time you buckle your child in, as well as the e3 Side Impact Protection which reduces side impact crash forces by as much as 50% thanks in part to three different layers of built-in protection. You can find the car seat on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
On Amazon, the Evenflo Symphony Elite All-In-One Convertible Car Seat is $218. Check out the latest price!
- The fabric is soft to the touch and the microsuede of the headrest and infant insert are easy to clean and soft enough for small heads to relax.
- The safety design of the car seat includes multiple layers of protection built-in to the sides for extra protection.
- The easy to use latch makes installation a breeze and, in some case one-minute long task.
- It’s designed for children from 5-110 pounds, so it’s likely the only car seat you’ll ever need for your little one.
- With no level for the rear-facing position, it can be difficult to know for certain if your child is in the correct position and recline.
- There’s no way to adjust the buckle between the legs, which can become uncomfortable for children as they grow.
- There are “wings” on each side of the car seat which provide added safety but are also so large that some kids can’t see over them.
Diono Radian RXT All-In-One Convertible Car Seat
As to be expected, the Diono Radian RXT All-In-One Convertible Car Seat is designed for children from infancy all the way through the toddler years, but it is also made to be slim enough to potentially fir three of them across your back seat if you need to.
For families with multiple small children, that can make a huge difference, even if the Diono Radian is more pricey than the Graco Milestone Car Seat. Just because it’s made with a slimmer design, though, it doesn’t mean that any safety was spared in the process. The head support is still reinforced with steel and contains energy-absorbing foam to protect your child in the best way.
Another big aspect of the car seat that sets it apart from others, though, is that it actually folds up to a more compact size, making it easy to travel with the car seat or store it away if you prefer to. You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- It’s designed for children from 5-120 pounds, which means that it will give you years of use and you won’t need to purchase more than one for your newborn, toddler, and small child.
- You can fit more than one car seat across your back seat comfortably.
- It’s essentially portable, as you can fold the car seat up to a more compact size to take on an airplane or with you on family travels.
- The maximum weight for the rear-facing position is 45 pounds, which makes for an extended rear-facing option.
- Although it’s a convertible all-in-one car seat and includes plenty of useful aspects, $300 may not be affordable for some families.
- It can be difficult to get the right fit as you tighten the straps on your child in the car seat.
- For some, it may be hard to install the car seat.
Safety 1st UltraMax Air 360 4-In-1 Convertible Car Seat
There are some car seats that just look comfortable for little ones and the Safety 1st UltraMax Air 360 4 In 1 Convertible Car Seat is easily one of them.
But besides having multiple layers of comfort for your baby, it also has extended rear fit capabilities, as your child can comfortably and safely remain rear-facing until 50 pounds. Since with the Graco Milestone, rear-facing caps out at 40 pounds, this is a huge positive that not all similar car seats will offer.
But, more than anything else, the Safety 1st UltraMax Air 360 4 In 1 Convertible Car Seat has six layers of protection for your growing child. provides six layers of safety. The first is the Air Protect, which encompasses side impact protection. The second is the GCell HX energy-absorbing foam. The next two are the steel reinforced frame and motion control headrest, and the final safety feature is the soft foam built-in throughout the seat itself. You can purchase it either on Amazon or in-store at Target and Walmart.
On Amazon, the Safety 1st UltraMax Air 360 4 In 1 Convertible Car Seat is $230. Check out the latest price!
- It’s designed for children from 4-120 pounds.
- The safety features are clearly designed to keep your child safe at every stage and also give you peace of mind.
- It’s generally a very spacious car seat, which is part of the reason why it’s so well suited for your growing child.
- At less than $250, it’s definitely one of the more affordable convertible car seats, especially being from a top car seat brand.
- The LATCH installation straps are hard to tighten.
- Because of its size, it might feel bulky in your back seat, even if you have a larger car.
- It’s also very heavy, so it can be hard to move between cars if you need to.
Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat
Britax is fairly well known for its convertible car seats and in this case, the Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat is definitely comparable to the Graco Milestone Car Seat.
It’s meant for children up to 65 pounds, so it may not necessarily be the only car seat or booster you’ll ever need, but it does have some pretty convenient features for any parents to take notice of. The harness has 14 different positions to best accommodate your growing child and the headrest can also be moved up so that as your little one gets taller, his or her head is still supported enough.
This is also for the safety of course, but besides that, it has an impact absorbing base, two layers of protection, and a steel frame to keep your child safe while properly buckled in the car seat. The installation itself can be done with your car’s seat belt, as all you need to do is lift the seat of the car seat, thread the buckle through it, buckle it, and close the seat.
You don’t have to struggle with latches or other such buckles and it may be the fastest installation ever. You can buy the car seat on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
- The installation really couldn’t be any easier, but it’s still plenty secure.
- The fabric is comfortable and soft but isn’t likely to overheat your child on long car rides.
- There’s a level indicator on the side of the car seat, which will help you figure out if it’s installed properly and safely each time.
- You can even adjust the position of the buckle that’s placed between the legs, so you can be sure that your child will be comfortable as they grow.
- While it’s designed for children from 5-65 pounds and that is a pretty wide range, it still won’t be the only car seat you’ll ever need.
- $300 might be a little on the costly side for some families, especially since you’ll eventually need a booster car seat as well.
- It may be heavier and bulkier than some parents feel comfortable dealing with.
Is this the most perfect all-in-one car seat to ever be created above all else? That might be debatable. But is the Graco Milestone Car Seat one that is affordable, can be used for years, and will fit in most SUVs with no problem? Absolutely.
Of course, there’s also the virtually unparalleled safety aspects and care that went into designing the steel-reinforced car seat, but you also get a no-nonsense LATCH system that will surely keep your car seat in place without worry. And unlike some other similar car seats, you can use the reclining positions when it’s in either forward or rear-facing, so you aren’t likely to be limited on that, which is a huge plus.
When compared to another all-in-one, 3-in-1, or 4-in-1 car seats of similar styles, it’s easy to see all that the Graco Milestone has to offer, but in the end, it’s going to be up to you to decide if it’s right for your family. However if safety, comfortability, price, and secure installation are at the top of your must-have list, then this could be the one for you.