Last Updated on
Is it time for your child to move to their next car seat? Have you been looking at the range of booster car seats available but not sure which one will suit your little one best? If you are considering a Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat here is our review to help you make that all-important decision.
- 1 The Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat
- 2 Graco TurboBooster LX High Back Car Seat
- 3 Graco Affix Youth Booster Seat with Latch System
- 4 Graco Highback TurboBooster featuring Safety Surround
What are important factors to consider when looking at a booster car seat?
Booster car seats are usually required from the age of 4 plus. You are more than likely going to have it for many years or at least until your child is 10 so it is important to choose a booster seat that will last until your child does not need one anymore. Therefore, the important things that we think need to be considered are:
- Safety tested and meets your country safety standards
- Accommodate children until it is no longer required (either by reaching your countries height or age restrictions)
- Fits most vehicles if not all
- Reasonable cost
- The vehicle’s belt strap is compatible with the booster seat
- Has a safety latch that can be attached to the car
- Lightweight and easy to get in and out of vehicles
The Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat
Graco has produced a top rated Highback Turbo Booster car seat that is suitable for children from 30-100 pounds or age 4 to 10 years. This booster seat that has been crash tested to meet or exceed US safety standards and is becoming a popular choice for parents who want something that is lightweight, affordable and will last until their child no longer requires it.
- Easy to use
- Suitable for children 30-100 lbs or age 4 – 10 years
- Top rated booster seat by leading consumer publications
- Designed for comfort
- Easily converts to a backless booster
- Crash tested to meet or exceed US safety standards
- Reasonably priced
- No car seat latch attachment
- Does not suit cars with forward leaning headrest
Features of the Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat
The Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat has a few features that you will want to know about including:
- Suitable for children from 30 -100 lbs
- The Seat back and bottom stay connected making the car seat easy to carry
- crash tested to meet or exceed the US standard FMVSS 213
- Designed with energy absorbing foam for effective impact energy management
- Multi-layer headrest for comfort
- Made with full coverage back support even as your child grows
- Fully-adjustable headrest keeps your growing child secure
- open-loop seat belt guides
- The 2-in-1 functionality easily converts to backless booster car seat for years of use
- padded, height-adjustable armrests
- hide-away cup holders
Specifications of the Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat
The all important specifications of the Graco Highback Turbobooster car seat are:
- Car seat weight: 9 lbs Dimensions: 26.5H x 16.5W x 15D
- Suitable for children 4 to 10 years old
Child use weight: 30-100 lb
Child use height: 38 to 57 inches
Child use weight: 40 to 100 lb
Child use height: 43 to 57 inches
Set up and Care
The Graco Highback Turbobooster car seat does come with a detailed user manual that has step by step assembly instructions.
The manual also includes everything you need to know to use the booster seat to its fullest potential. Be sure to read and understand the instructions of the Highback Turbobooster before installing it into your vehicle. Full care and maintenance instructions are provided in the accompanying manual to ensure your booster seat will last.
The Graco baby Website does state to stop using this car seat and discard it 10 years after the date of manufacture. You can find the date of manufacture label on the back of the car seat.
Product price guide
Based on other reviews of the Graco Highback Turbobooster car seat the Common feedback about this booster seat include:
- Does not suit cars with forward leaning headrest.
- Children find it comfortable to sit in.
- Really like the cup holders, and great they can be put away for extra room.
- The head rest supports sleeping little ones.
- Easy to use and lightweight.
- Not happy that it doesn’t have a latch to attach to the vehicle’s seat.
Alternative to Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat
Graco TurboBooster LX High Back Car Seat
A 2 in 1 belt positioning booster that is suitable for children from 4 – 10 years. It’s designed with a true shield technology that provides side impact protection. The car seat converts easily from a highback belt positioning booster to a backless booster.
Graco Affix Youth Booster Seat with Latch System
The Graco Affix Youth Booster Seat is suitable for children from 3 – 10 years and provides a secure connection to the vehicle’s seat with its one-hand front adjust latch system. The seat has an attached cup holder, and a handy within arms reach hideaway storage compartment for your little one’s things.
Graco Highback TurboBooster featuring Safety Surround
The Highback Turbobooster featuring safety surround is designed to provide your child’s head and body the ultimate protection. A booster car seat that has been safety tested to meet or exceed US safety standards and is suitable for children aged 3 – 10 years.
It is crucial when selecting car seats for children that we find ones that are of the highest safety standards that meet or exceeds your countries child seat requirements. Other common factors that are important when choosing a seat is that they are affordable and easy to use. Our research on the Graco Highback Turbobooster car seats does show that this is a popular choice for many parents and worth investigating to see if it meets your needs.