Is it time for your big kid to move to their next car seat? Have you been looking at the range of booster car seats available but not sure which one will suit your little one best?
As we know that this is an important decision, we have provided this Graco Turbobooster review that will help you decide whether it would be a good decision for your little one and we hope that you will love our in-depth comparison.
- 1 What are the important factors to consider when looking at a booster car seat?
- 2 The Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat
- 3 Graco Highback TurboBooster Alternatives
- 4 FAQ’s About Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat
What are the important factors to consider when looking at a booster car seat?
High-back booster seats are usually required from the age of 4 plus. You are more than likely going to have it for many years or at least until your child is 10 so it is important to choose a belt-positioning booster seat that will last until your child does not need one anymore.
Therefore, the important things that we think need to be considered are:
- Safety tested and meets your country safety standards
- Accommodate children until it is no longer required (either by reaching your countries height or age restrictions)
- Fits most vehicles if not all
- Reasonable cost
- The vehicle’s harness is compatible with the booster seat
- Has a safety latch connectors that can be attached to the car to ensure child’s safety
- Lightweight and easy to get in and out of vehicles
The Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat
Graco has produced top-rated High-back booster seats that are suitable for children from 30-100 pounds or age 4 to 10 years like this Highback Turbobooster Car Seat.
This booster seat has been crashing tested to meet or exceed US safety standards and is becoming a popular choice for parents who want something that is lightweight, affordable, and will last until their child no longer requires it.
Graco Highback Turbobooster Pros
- The Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat is lightweight and easy to use
- It is suitable for children 30-100 lbs or age 4 – 10 years
- It is one of the top-rated high-back booster seats by leading consumer publications
- This car booster is comfortable and made of absorbing foam
- It easily converts to a backless booster
- The travel booster car seat is crash tested to meet or exceed US safety standards
- It is very easy to clean which means that the fabric from the car booster can be machine washable.
Graco Highback Turbobooster Cons
- The travel booster lacks car seat latch connectors
- It does not suit cars with forward-leaning headrest
Features of the Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat
The Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat has a few features that you will want to know about including:
- Suitable for children from 30 -100 lbs
- The Seatback and bottom stay connected making the car seat easy to carry
- It has been crashing tested to meet or exceed the US standard FMVSS 213
- Designed with energy-absorbing foam for effective impact energy-absorbing management
- Multi-layer adjustable headrest for comfort
- Made with full coverage back support even as your child grows
- The fully adjustable safety harness keeps your growing child secure
- The 2-in-1 functionality easily converts to a backless booster car seat for years of use
- It has padded (including seat pad), height-adjustable armrests
- Comes with car seat cover
Specifications of the Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat
The all-important specifications of the Graco Highback Turbobooster car seat are:
- Car seat weight limit: 9 lbs
- Dimensions: 26.5H x 16.5W x 15D
- Suitable for children 4 to 10 years old
- Child use weight: 30-100 lb
- Child use height: 38 to 57 inches tall
- Child use weight: 40 to 100 lb
- Child use height: 43 to 57 inches
Set up and Care
The Graco Highback Turbobooster car seat does come with a detailed user manual that has step-by-step assembly instructions.
The manual also includes everything you need to know to use the booster seat to its fullest potential. Be sure to read and understand the instructions of the Highback Turbobooster before installing it into your vehicle. Of note, it’s relatively easy to install compared to competing in-class car seats or infant car seat options.
Full care and maintenance instructions are provided in the accompanying manual to ensure your booster seat will last. The Graco baby Website does state to stop using this car seat and discard it 10 years after the date of manufacture. You can find the date of manufacture label on the back of the car seat.
Based on other reviews of the Graco Highback Turbobooster car seat the Common feedback about this booster seat include:
- It does not suit cars with forward-leaning headrest.
- Children find it comfortable to sit in.
- Really like the cup holders, and great they can be put away for extra room.
- The headrest supports sleeping little ones.
- Easy to use and lightweight.
- Not happy that it doesn’t have a latch to attach to the vehicle’s seat.
Graco Highback TurboBooster Alternatives
Graco TurboBooster LX High Back Car Seat
A 2 in 1 belt-positioning booster that is suitable for children from 4 – 10 years. It’s designed with a true shield technology that provides side impact protection. The car seat converts easily from a highback belt-positioning booster to a backless booster with seat belt integration.
The Graco Affix Youth Booster Seat is suitable for children from 3 – 10 years and provides a secure connection to the vehicle’s seat with its one-hand front-adjust latch connectors. The seat has an attached cup holder, and a handy within arms reach hide-away storage compartment for your little one’s things.
Further Reading: Graco Affix vs Graco Highback TurboBooster
Graco Highback TurboBooster featuring Safety Surround
The Highback Turbobooster featuring safety surround is designed to provide your child’s head and body the ultimate protection. A booster car seat that has been child safety tested to meet or exceed US safety standards and is suitable for children aged 3 – 10 years.
FAQ’s About Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat
The Graco Highback Turbobooster lasts around 10 years like it’s the case with all the other booster seats from Graco too.
No. In order for a car seat to be FAA approved, it needs to have a LATCH system and this one simply does not have that.
When a car seat expires, the best thing is to take each piece separately, mark it as expired and put it for recycling. Another great option is to take the car seat and any other expired baby equipment you have at Target which offers coupons that can be useful to you.
Conclusion: Graco Highback Turbobooster Review
It is crucial when selecting car seats for children that we find ones that are of the highest child safety standards that meet or exceed your countries child seat requirements.
Other common factors that are important when choosing a seat are that they are affordable and easy to use. Our research on the Graco Highback Turbobooster car seats does show that this is a popular choice for many parents and worth investigating to see if it meets your needs.
Further Reading: Best Narrow Car Seat Options