Take a gander through this list of G names for girls
Girl names that start with G are becoming increasingly popular with a handful usually in the top 200 most popular names. There are so many gorgeous names to choose from. Some where the initial sound is a bit harder (as in Grace) than others (Gianna).
- Many girl names that start with G carry a sense of strength and empowerment. Names like Gabrielle (meaning “God is my strength”), Gwendolyn (meaning “white circle” or “fair brow”), or Genevieve (meaning “woman of the race”) can instill a sense of confidence and resilience in your daughter.
- There are plenty of G names from various cultures and languages. For example, you might come across names like Giulia (Italian), Gisela (German), Guadalupe (Spanish), or Gita (Hindi). Exploring different cultural naming traditions can open up a world of beautiful and meaningful options.
- Girl names beginning with G can offer unique sounds and spellings that stand out. For example, names like Gwyneth, Galadriel, or Gwendolyn have a melodic quality to them. Exploring different phonetic combinations and variations of G names can lead to discovering truly distinctive options.
We like to have a little fun with our name lists so we’ve created some categories to get the juices flowing for you:
- The Glamorous Gang: Girl names starting with G have a knack for bringing a touch of glamor. From the sophisticated Giselle, who could easily grace the cover of Vogue, to the graceful Genevieve, who elegantly sips tea with her pinky raised, these names exude an air of enchanting elegance.
- Go-Getters: Don’t let their charming sounds fool you; girl names that start with G are not just pretty faces. Many of them harbor a spirited determination. Meet the ambitious Gabriella, who sets her sights on conquering the world, or the fearless Grace, who fearlessly scales mountains in search of adventure. These girls know how to grab life by the reins.
- Giggles and Grins: Many girl names that start with G possess a certain magnetism that brings joy and laughter wherever they go. Meet Gigglesome Gwendolyn, whose infectious giggles can turn even the grumpiest frowns upside down, or Gracie the Giggle Queen, spreading mirth and merriment with every witty quip.
- Gourmet Gastronomes: If you’re a foodie at heart, you’ll relish the delectable connection between G names and culinary delights. Imagine the stylish Gourmet Chef, Giada, sprinkling her Italian magic into every dish, or Gwendolyn, the gastronomic guru, transforming humble ingredients into mouthwatering masterpieces. Bon appétit!
We know it can feel a bit overwhelming at times but we’re here to help lighten the load as you go through the process of choosing a name for your new baby. Whatever your style, we think you’ll find some good names to add to your list from these 101 gorgeous girl names that start with G.
You also might want to check out our lists of boy names that start with G.
Girl names that start with G
- 421 amazing girl names that start with A
- 171 beautiful girl names that start with B
- 337 charming girl names that start with C
- 227 distinctive girl names that start with D
- 230 enviable girl names that start with E
- 74 flawless girl names that start with F
- 101 gorgeous girl names that start with G
- 91 girl names that start with H
- 78 intriguing girl names that start with I
- 268 jaw-dropping girl names that start with J
- 284 kool girl names that start with K
- 342 lovable girl names that start with L
- 392 magical girl names that start with M
- 116 noteworthy girl names that start with N
- 68 o-mazing girl names that start with O
- 99 precious girl names that start with P
- 48 quintessential girl names that start with Q
- 157 radiant girl names that start with R
- 300 striking girl names that start with S
- 192 treasured girl names that start with T
- 48 unique girl names that start with U
- 96 vibrant girl names that start with V
- 122 wondrous girl names that start with W
- 46 girl names that start with X
- 116 girl names that start with Y
- 242 girl names that start with Z
A word from The Baby Swag crew
There are lots of things to think about when you’re trying to conceive or already pregnant. Choosing a name can hopefully be one of more enjoyable aspects of your early parenting journey. Give yourself some time and have some fun with it if you can.