Last Updated on
Sometimes the hardest thing about breast pumping is finding a place to do in private or dealing with sitting in one spot, holding the suctions in place on each breast. It can be a hassle to do multiple times a day and the Freemie Freedom Breast Pump makes it a little easier to handle double pumping.
This double electric pump makes it easy for moms to get a steady milk flow and it also massages the breasts in order to prevent the building of lumps. If you happen to be multitasking (let’s be real, all moms are), you can use the Freemie Breast Pump along with a pumping bra that is sold separately, but first, let’s go with our Freemie Breast Pump Review and go in details about everything this electric pump truly is.
- 1 Freemie Breast Pump Review
- 2 Medela Freestyle Mobile Double Electric Breast Pump
- 3 BelleMa S5 Single/Double Electric Breast Pump
- 4 Madenal Double Electric Breast Pump
- 5 Nibble Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump
Freemie Breast Pump Review
It does require an electrical outlet, so you won’t be able to walk around the house as you pump, but it offers double suctions and the ability to do it all hands-free. You simply attach the suctions to each breast and let the pump do its work while you use your hands for other things you need to get done.
This makes it one of the better options for working moms who need to pump at work and require a double electric pump that’s easy to conceal. Or, you can use just one side and pump while you breastfeed your infant from the other breast.
The Freemie Freedom Breast Pump has two cups you pump into that can each hold eight ounces. You then pour each cup into a bottle or breast milk storage bags. So while you won’t be able to pump directly into a bottle or storage pouch, you will be able to pump and pour several ounces into bottles at once.
The actual pump weighs just three pounds, so it’s light enough to take on the go if you need to. It comes with two different sizes of breast funnels to accommodate most moms, and it comes with a spare filter so you can keep the milk valves clean and clear for the best suction possible. You can buy the pump on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon. And on Amazon, the Freemie Freedom Portable Breast Pump is $146. Check out the latest price!
- It comes with a set of Freemie milk collection cups that are compatible with some other electric breast pumps.
- The pump is designed for moms to pump directly into the cups, hands-free.
- You can conceal most, if not all, of the pump while using it, so it’s easy to use pretty much anywhere as long as there’s an electrical outlet.
- The tubes from the cups to the actual pump are long enough to allow some movement while you pump.
- It must be plugged into an electrical outlet to work.
- Most moms won’t find milk leaking into the tubes, which can be a problem with some other pumps.
- It’s relatively affordable, especially for being a hands-free double pump.
- You can use your hands to change your baby’s diaper, work on a computer, or anything else you may need to do while you pump, as long as there’s an outlet nearby.
- You can also pump on one side and breastfeed from the other side, all at the same time.
- If you need to stop on the fly, you can unhook the tubes and keep the cups in your bra, if needed.
- If you want to buy a car adapter to use the pump there, it will cost at least $30.
- You’ll have to pour the breast milk into bottles, which can make using the pump a hassle since you can’t pump directly into bottles.
- The cups aren’t dishwasher safe.
- The pump unit itself is a little awkward to carry around.
Has This Item Been Recalled? There are no recent, or current recalls on the Freemie Freedom Breast Pump.
How Others Compare
Medela Freestyle Mobile Double Electric Breast Pump
The Medela brand is known for its many different breast pump options, and the Medela Freestyle Mobile Double Electric Breast Pump is comparable to the Freemie Freedom.
Unlike the Freemie, though, it’s more portable and has a built-in rechargeable battery. This makes it completely portable. It also has memory to keep track of your pumping time and help you stay on a specific routine you might find is best for you. You can use it as either a single or double pump, so in case you need to breastfeed while you pump, the Medela Freestyle offers that option.
And since every mom is different, there are multiple suction/speeds to give you the most personalized pump session possible each time. You can buy it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon. On Amazon, the Medela Freestyle Mobile Double Electric Breast Pump is $238. Check out the latest price!
- The battery lasts long enough to take the pump outside of your home and pump on the go or at work without worrying about needing to find an electrical outlet right away.
- Because of its design, the Freestyle allows you to pump while you get up and move around the house to handle other tasks, all at the same time.
- You can tap off one side of the pump to use it on just one side if needed.
- It’s easy to pump with and operate the little control panel.
- The pump might not seem strong enough for some moms.
- It may be on the pricier side for some families.
- Although it comes with two different sizes of breast shields, there is the chance that neither fit.
Has This Item Been Recalled? In 2016, Medela made a voluntary recall of its detachable wall plugs for a few different pumps.
BelleMa S5 Single/Double Electric Breast Pump
The BelleMa S5 Single/Double Electric Breast Pump is another compact and easy to use option when it comes to pumps that are comparable to the Freemie Freedom.
It has a touchscreen that’s easy to use and see in the dark and the middle of the night. It also offers a built-in rechargeable battery to make it portable truly, which is what a lot of moms look for in a double pump. As far as comfort goes, it has liquid silicone suction cushions. You can pump both breasts at once or opt to use one side during sessions. And even if you use both, there’s no loss of strength, as sometimes happens with single/double breast pumps. You can purchase it on Amazon at this time. On Amazon, the BelleMa S5 Single/Double Electric Breast Pump is $120. Check out the latest price!
- It’s relatively quiet, which is ideal for late night pumping or when using the portable pump in the workplace.
- It’s simple to use the controls and change the speed and suction levels.
- The pump as a suckling feature meant to mimic the feel of a baby and therefore pump more milk.
- You can recharge the internal battery as needed.
- With so many different breast pump parts, it can be irritating to take apart and clean each time.
- When using a hands-free pumping bra, the silicone shields sometimes move around.
- The bottles that come with the pump are on the smaller side, which may not be ideal.
Has This Item Been Recalled? There are no recent, or current recalls on the pump.
Madenal Double Electric Breast Pump
The Madenal Double Electric Breast Pump doesn’t come equipped with an internal battery, as some other pumps do, but it is made to be convenient and useful for moms.
It has nine different suction power settings to choose from and even a “let down” function to slowly end each pumping session. This makes it a lot more comfortable for pumping moms. For hygienic reasons, the pump has a closed system, so you won’t have to worry about milk getting into the tubing and creating a build-up of bacteria or mold. The pump also has textured petal cushions on the suction cups to help in mimicking the real feel of your baby suckling rather than just a sucking feeling. You can buy the pump on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon.
- The bag that comes with the pump is large enough for the pump and accessories, but also a couple of bottles to store the milk in.
- It’s not only easy to take apart and clean but also assembles.
- The pump can help moms express a lot of milk, but it’s also good for quick pumps in the morning or before bed.
- Its hygienic tubing will give moms peace of mind.
- Some moms may find that the suctions are almost too strong at times.
- After 10 minutes, the pump will shut off, so you’ll need to start it up multiple times during each session.
- It may not be as comfortable for all moms to use.
Has This Item Been Recalled? There are no recent, or current recalls on the Madenal Double Electric Breast Pump.
Nibble Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump
You can use the Nibble Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump as either a single or double, but in either case, you’ll be able to personalize the suction levels as needed. In any solid breast pump, this is needed in order to get the most out of every session, even if all pumps don’t offer very many options.
In fact, the Nibble Comfort has 10 different levels to give you a lot of options each time and the pump itself is hospital grade. It also has an anti-backflow system to avoid milk leaking into the tubing. You can primarily find it on Amazon at this time. On Amazon, the Nibble Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump is $130.Check out the latest price!
- The double motor makes it easier to get a strong pump out of each side when using it as a double breast pump.
- It’s fairly easy to put together the first time, and then every time you clean it.
- It’s also quiet enough to use in your baby’s room in the middle of the night or in the office.
- With so many different settings, you can find the one that works best for you.
- Some moms may find that the pump is a little weaker when both sides are used at once.
- If you have a large milk supply, to begin with, the pump works best, so those with lower milk supplies may have a little trouble.
- It may be a little overpriced for some families.
Has This Item Been Recalled? There are no recent or current recalls on this particular breast pump.
When it’s all said and done, the Freemie Freedom isn’t without its faults, but it does get the job done. It can be used at home or even at work, but you will need to use an electrical outlet, which can be a dealbreaker for some moms. Even so, it can pump up to eight ounces on each breast, and the tubes are easy to connect and reconnect as needed.
When compared to other similar pumps, the Freemie is on the middle part of the price spectrum, so it’s undoubtedly not unaffordable for some families. It’s a solid option either way, especially for busy moms who actually need their hands during pumping sessions.
Talking About Breast Pumps, here are some related articles that might interest you:
- Hygeia Enjoye vs. Medela Pump in Style: Which Pump Will You Love More
- Top 6 Best Travel Breast Pumps You Need
- 8 Best Manual Breast Pumps All New Moms Should Know About
- Spectra S1 vs. Spectra S2: The Full Electric Breast Pump Comparison
- 6 Best Double Electric Breast Pumps You Can Depend On
- Medela Symphony Breast Pump vs. Medela Pump-In- Style Advanced Breast Pump
- Medela Symphony Breast Pump Review
- The Medela Pump-In-Style Advanced Breast Pump Review
- Top 5 Best Double Electric Breast Pumps You’ll Love
- Ameda Purely Yours vs. Medela Pump In Style: Which Is Best
- Medela Freestyle vs. Medela Pump In Style Comparison You Have to Read