When choosing a car seat, the main things to look for are safety and longevity. If you can find an affordable and safe car seat that can also be the only one you’ll ever need, then you’re pretty much set.
When it comes to the Evenflo Platinum Symphony Elite All-In-One Car Seat vs. the Safety 1st Grow and Go All-in-One Car Seat, Blue Coral, you’ll get both of those factors in spades, but since the car seats are so similar, it’s important to look at them both from different angles. The Safety 1st, for example, is a little more affordable than the Evenflo. But the Evenflo has a 60-second install that you really can’t beat.
Part of the literal struggle of dealing with a car seat is the installation, and the Evenflo Platinum Symphony Elite All-In-One Car Seat makes that part a lot easier. Then again, the Safety 1st Grow and Go All-in-One Car Seat, Blue Coral has harness holders to make it easier to get your little one in and out, so that’s a bonus in itself. And since it can be annoying when harness straps get in the way when putting your baby in the car seat, that can make a huge difference.
The car seats are from two different top brands, so naturally, there are going to be some stark differences. There will be some similarities too, as both car seats can be used from infancy all the way through the toddler years. But when it all comes down to it, you’ll have to choose between them and only one can be the stronger option.
Evenflo Symphony DLX All-In-One Car Seat
As the name suggests, the Evenflo Platinum Symphony Elite All-In-One Car Seat is designed to be the only car seat you’ll ever need.
It can be used for children up to 110 pounds and can transition from rear-facing to forward-facing with ease and later becomes a high back booster car seat. But more than that, it has a simple 60-second install thanks to its auto retracting Sure LATCH connectors that click into place and won’t force you to yank and struggle during installation.
It also has three layers of side impact protection to keep your little one safe in the event of a crash, and there are multiple recline positions for your child to keep them safe and comfortable at all times. For your convenience, the pads can be taken off to clean in the washer, and for your little one’s convenience, there’s an easy to access cup and snack holder on each side. Its key features involve safety, comfort, and longevity, and that’s the whole point when choosing a convertible car seat.
- Installation: Because of the easy to pull Sure LATCH, installation can be done in as little as 60 seconds, and unlike the LATCH system in other car seats, this one won’t have you struggling.
- Child Age Range: It can be used as a rear-facing infant car seat from 5-40 pounds, a front-facing seat for babies from 22-40 pounds, and in booster mode for kids from 40-110 pounds.
- Safety: It has side impact protection that can reduce side impact crash forces by up to 50% and includes three layers of protection.
- Price: On Amazon, the Evenflo Symphony DLX All-in-One Car Seat is $170.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: Although there have been recalls for the harness on a number of Evenflo car seats, this isn’t one of them.
- The installation is a breeze and much more comfortable than that of most other all in one car seats.
- Even without the padded inserts, the car seat is comfortable and has enough cushion to keep your baby or toddler snug at all times.
- The cup holders are elastic, so your little one will be able to fit varying sizes of cups or bottles in them.
- Since it goes from infant seat to toddler booster, it’s the only car seat you’ll ever need.
- There isn’t much support for the side of the head when your baby sleeps in the car seat.
- There isn’t a level indicator for the rear-facing position, so it can be difficult to know if the car seat is safely and properly positioned.
- The buckle between the legs can’t be adjusted, so your older child might be a little uncomfortable from that alone.
“So great, we bought another. My husband originally got this to serve as the car seat in his truck, which is not the primary vehicle my two-year-old son rides in on a daily basis. When we originally purchased it, our son still had to be rear facing. My husband could not believe how easy this chair was to install into his truck. Seriously, just attach to the child latch in your car, press down, it automatically tightens, and ta-da, you’re done.” – Celeste Straub on Amazon.
“This car seat is so luxurious and feels very sturdy! It is very padded and has soft fabric that feels like velour. It was pretty easy to install in the car, and it’s easy to adjust the height of the headrest and use the recline option. I love that the cup holders are elastic on the side so they can accommodate any width bottle or sippy cup and I like that there are two in case you want to attach a toy to one of them. The other great thing about it is you can wash the fabric without having to remove or rethread any straps since the fabric just unsnaps so it will be easier to clean.” – Tanisha Cook on Amazon.
“Love Love Love Love Love it. I have had several Britax, Graco, Eddie Bauer seats and this is by far my favorite car seat. It is a seat that is soooo user-friendly and keeps the kids safe. My husband really enjoys these seats too. Normally I am the one that puts in the seat and takes them out to re-adjust and reposition them. The ease and comfort to be able to leave the car seat in the car and adjust the seat belt height is a miracle design. No more trying to push the seat belt through the holes in the back, it is easy as pulling up on the straps.” – Sarah Bravo on Amazon.
Safety 1st Grow And Go 3-In-1 Convertible Car Seat
Just by looking at the Safety 1st Grow and Go All-in-One Car Seat, Blue Coral, it’s easy to see how comfortable it is. There are multiple layers of padding that be taken out as your baby grows or no longer needs them, but there is comfort every step of the way.
There are also two cup holders for your child’s convenience and harness holders to make it easy for you any time that you need to help your little one in or out of the car seat. The holders keep straps out of the way and make the whole process a lot easier.
The harness itself is Safety 1st’s QuickFit Harness which is designed to allow you to adjust the harness and headrest with one motion. And, just like the Evenflo, you can take off some of the breathable and soft padding and fabric to clean it in the washer. Clearly, it does more than just sit there and look pretty, but that’s part of the attraction too.
- Installation: Installation is simple enough, especially with the QuickFit Harness and harness holders.
- Child Age Range: When in rear-facing mode, the car seat is suitable for babies from 5-40 pounds, forward-facing is for kids from 22-65 pounds, and the belt-positioning booster is meant for those who are 40-100 pounds.
- Safety: It’s designed to exceed all federal safety regulations, and it does so by having durable side impact protection.
- Price: On Amazon, the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat is $140.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Target and Walmart.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls for this car seat.
- It’s small enough to fit multiple in most back seats and offers up to seven more inches of legroom in the front seat than other car seats do.
- It’s more affordable than the Evenflo, and the price is generally the same no matter where you buy it.
- The harness holders on the sides of the car seat can keep harness straps out of the way.
- It has a lot of padding, including shoulder strap padding to add more comfort around the neck area.
- It could stand to have more recline settings for your baby’s overall comfort.
- Some smaller newborns might not fit properly in the car seat, even if it is designed for babies as small as five pounds.
- Installation can be a little tricky, at least compared to the Evenflo.
“Great seat! We just switched our10-month-oldd to this seat- he was previously in a Keyfit 30. He’s much more comfortable and seems to be able to look around better — which makes him happier. The material is really nice – a smooth, almost neoprene like fabric. I think it will stay cool in our south Georgia weather and be easy to clean. I love the strap holders — makes getting him in and out easier.” – Monique Scheetz on Amazon.
“Best seat for the money! Super soft and ultra padded. My sons began using this at three months. He is a big guy, born at nearly nine pounds and his old carrier infant car seat was such a bust! He hated being in the Graco infant seat. We finally broke down and spent the money on this seat and it has been worth every penny. He sleeps wonderfully, cries very little and this car seat stays cool!” – Emalynne Wilder on Amazon.
“I have two of these for my son, and him and I both love it. I found it easy to adjust to his growing, install, and love that the padding is removable and washable. He is happy with such a cozy car seat that fits his broad shoulders well, but also cushions his head and gives him something to lean on and go to sleep.” – J. Giese on Amazon.
At first glance, the Evenflo Platinum Symphony Elite All-In-One Car Seat and Safety 1st Grow and Go All-in-One Car Seat, Blue Coral seem nearly identical.
Their prices aren’t that far off from each other and they can both be used either forward or rear-facing and with babies or toddlers. But when you take a closer look, the Safety 1st Grow and Go All-in-One Car Seat, Blue Coral is the stronger option here.
Because of its comfort, cost, and unparalleled safety, it’s likely going to be better for you and your little one in the long run. It also offers more leg room up front and has enough support and cushion near the neck, which a lot of other convertible car seats tend to lack. Of course, the Evenflo Symphony DLX All-in-One Car Seat does have a longer span of time to use it, since it’s for kids up to 110 pounds and not 100, but overall, the Safety 1st Grow And Go 3-In-1 Convertible Car Seat is the way to go.
You can be the parent who buys an infant car seat, waits for their child to outgrow that and buys another one, and then waits for their toddler to outgrow that and buys a third option booster seat. Or, you can go with a convertible car seat that will take you from the days of diapers all the way to the age and child size when your little one won’t even need a car seat anymore. Both the Evenflo Platinum Symphony Elite All-In-One Car Seat and Safety 1st Grow and Go All-in-One Car Seat, Blue Coral offer this convenience and regardless of which one you choose, you’ll be making a smart decision.