There are a lot of benefits that come with purchasing a long lasting stroller that your baby can use from the day he or she comes home. But with the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System, you get a convertible stroller as well as a matching car seat to use with it.
Not only that, but the car seat comes with a base that can be kept in your car and it has a carrying handle so you can easily take the car seat in and out of your car as needed. The Evenflo SafeMax Infant Car Seat can be used for babies from 4-35 pounds. And since the stroller has a maximum weight capacity of 50 pounds, you can then transition your baby to the stroller without the car seat attached to it. Or really, whenever your baby is physically ready to sit in the stroller without the car seat.
Overall, there are a variety of different ways you can use the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System, which helps to set it apart from many other similar stroller and car seat combos. You can use the stroller with the car seat attached, facing in or out. There’s also the option to use it as a carriage stroller with the bassinet facing in or forward. Or, you can opt to use the stroller in the upright toddler seat, which can either face you or face looking out.
It’s also been side impact tested to meet or exceed all federal safety standards, so regardless of your child’s age or size within the proper range, he or she will be safe. You can also rest easy knowing that when it comes to the structural integrity of the stroller, it has safety levels at two times the federal crash test safety standard. You can find the stroller system on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
- 1 Graco FastAction Travel System
- 2 Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System
- 3 Baby Trend EZ Ride 5 Travel System
- The maximum weight for the actual stroller is 50 pounds.
- Your baby can use the infant car seat from 4-35 pounds.
- There are some different ways to use the stroller and for your baby to sit in it during each ride.
- The car seat comes with a base that can remain in your car for easy in and out each time.
- The stroller itself has Evenflo’s Cruiser Tires to give your baby a smooth and bump-free ride.
- The stroller folds easily and into a slim shape that can be easily stored or put into the trunk of your car.
- The canopy has three different panels to give your baby or toddler as much cover from the sun as possible.
- Thanks to the Cruiser Tires, your baby won’t feel too many of the bumps along rough terrain or jagged sidewalks.
- The basket underneath is easily accessible and decently sized for most of your baby’s necessities.
- Although it folds easily, it can be awkward to open the stroller back up and click it into place.
- The storage basket underneath is spacious, but if you put too many things in it, it can weigh down and slow down the stroller.
- The actual frame of the stroller might feel a little too wide for some parents.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no recent, or current recalls for the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System.
How Others Compare
Graco FastAction Travel System
Because of the easy click of the car seat, you can b sure that your baby’s car seat will be properly fit into place on both the stroller and in the base in your backseat every time. Although the stroller itself isn’t a jogger by any means, it does have front lock swivel wheels to make maneuverability smooth and straightforward. When you want to be able to move around turns a little more easily, you can unlock the front wheel.
It also has an easy one-handed fold so you won’t have to struggle with the stroller once you take your child or infant car seat out of it. The car seat is for babies from 4-30 pound, and the stroller itself can hold children up to 50 pounds, giving you years of use even after you’re done with the car seat. You can find the travel system on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
- The stroller’s frame is generally lightweight, which makes it easier to take with you pretty much anywhere.
- There’s a tray in the front along with a cup holder for your child which can be easily moved to the side when your little one goes in and out.
- Once your child graduates to the actual seat in the stroller, he or she can enjoy a multi-position recline.
- Folding the stroller with just one hand is easy.
- The buckle can be difficult to unlatch each time, which can be frustrating when getting your baby out of the stroller.
- It can also be difficult to adjust and open the canopy.
- The storage basket underneath could be a little bigger.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
The Graco FastAction Travel System is not part of any recent or current Graco recalls.
Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System
Unlike the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System, the Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System doesn’t also include a bassinet, but it does some with a corresponding car seat.
The car seat, which is LATCH equipped, also comes with an adjustable base so that it can properly fit in your car regardless of what kind of car you might have. It also has four different harness heights to accommodate your growing child, and it’s suitable for babies from 4-35 pounds. The stroller itself can be used for little ones up to 50 pounds, and it’s designed with a one-handed pull to fold it up with ease.
The brakes are easy to flip up with your foot but are designed to be used with any kind of shoes, including flip-flops, so you won’t have to worry about your shoes getting caught on the foot brakes. You can find the travel system on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Target.
- To fold the stroller, you simply lift the handle in the seat, pull up, and the entire stroller will fold.
- Since the car seat is LATCH equipped, you’ll get a snug and secure fit for your infant every time.
- The stroller has an over-sized canopy designed to help give your baby or toddler as much coverage as possible.
- It’s lightweight enough to take with you pretty much anywhere.
- The stroller can’t handle rough terrain or bumpy sidewalks like some other similar strollers can.
- Carrying the car seat can be a little awkward because of the design of the carrying handle.
- Over time, the wheels may start to wobble a little bit.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no recent, or current recalls on this particular stroller.
Baby Trend EZ Ride 5 Travel System
As far as the car seat goes, it has a conveniently shaped handle for easy carrying, and it can be used for infants from 5-30 pounds. Your baby can use the actual stroller from the time they can sit up on their own up until they’ve reached 50 pounds. The stroller also has a five-point safety harness as well as multiple different positions in the reclining seat. And when it comes to folding it, the stroller also has a one-handed fold that’s easy enough to work with and makes folding and storing the stroller away that much easier.
- The car seat is easy to adjust to keep your baby both comfortable and safe at all times.
- There are multiple different storage compartments for your little one as well as you.
- Thanks to the durable wheels, the stroller can move smoothly over different kinds of terrain without getting stuck.
- It also has a one-handed fold and unfolds to make setting up and taking down the stroller as simple as can be.
- The car seat could have better head and neck support, especially for newborns or smaller infants.
- The front wheel on the stroller can sometimes get stuck when it should swivel.
- It can be difficult to adjust the seat in the stroller, especially when your baby is in it.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no current or recent recalls for this particular Baby Trend travel system.
When compared to other similar baby travel systems, the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System really is unique in its design. But more than that, the design offers so many different ways to use it and for your baby to sit that it sets it apart from so many others, regardless of any similarities there might be.
As far as the cost goes, there are plenty of other similar travel systems that compare to the Evenflo Pivot, and at its core, it is inexpensive, especially since you’ll get years of use out of it. Not only can your infant use the car seat and bassinet in a handful of different positions, but then your older baby and eventually your toddler can use the upright seat.
There are other similar options out there, but nothing really compares to the design of the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System or the general usefulness and longevity that it offers.