Last Updated on
Are you trying to find an eczema cream that is suitable to use on your baby?
Struggling to find one that will actually work to help clear it up and protect the skin?
Well, worry no more as we have discovered the top 5 best eczema creams that are suitable for babies sensitive skin that you may want to check out!
But first… if you are looking for my overall top pick (and don’t have time to read):
What is Eczema?
Eczema is an itchy and dry skin condition that many people have, but it can also pop up on young children. Eczema causes the skin to become red, dry and itchy and if it gets really bad it can make the skin crack and become painful. Therefore staying on top of it is important.
Common places that babies tend to get eczema is on their hands, face, neck, elbows and back on knees.
Is there a way to manage Eczema?
There are a few things you can do to help manage eczema at home, however, if you are ever concerned then be sure to take your little one to your doctor for further assessment. Ways to manage it include:
- Using lotion, cream or ointment specific that treat eczema.
- Try dressing your baby in cotton clothing.
- Keep bedding light, so your child does not get too hot.
- Avoid wool as it can give them itchy skin
- Try not to have a super hot bath as this will cause further skin irritation (although a bath isn’t specifically a bad idea)
- Keep babies nails short.
- Be careful about using body washes, soaps and washing powder as this can set eczema flares off.
- Pat skin dry do not rub it.
Here are our top 5 picks for Baby Eczema relief.
Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Body Cream
Listed as an Amazon’s choice cream Eucerin Baby Eczema Cream is trusted by many parents. The natural oatmeal ingredient calms itchy, dry and irritated skin due to Eczema.
Suitable for babies and children skin, it is made with a Licochalcone-enriched formula that soothes and helps the appearance of red and irritated skin. Another benefit is it is fragrance, dye, and steroid free which won’t agitate baby’s skin and because of its Ceramide fortified formula, it helps strengthen babies skin barrier. Eurerin Baby Eczema Cream is a gentle formula that can be used when needed.
- Made from oatmeal.
- Calms and soothes dry itchy skin
- Fragrance, dye, and steroid free
- Suitable for babies and children
- Can be pricey for cream
- May not be suitable for babies with very sensitive skin
Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Cream
Aveeno is a trusted brand with many, so it is not a surprise that their Baby Eczema Therapy Cream is amongst our top 5. It is clinically shown to help soothe dry, itchy and irritated skin due to eczema. It is recommended by dermatologists and is made with natural colloidal oatmeal which is fantastic for the skin and dermatitis treatment in general.
Aveeno baby eczema cream will also help to restore the skin’s protective function and prevent it from getting dry. The cream is steroid and fragrance-free which is important for many parents!
- Relieves dry, itchy irritated skin due to eczema
- Steroid and fragrance-free
- Recommended by many parents and dermatologists
- Is one of the more expensive eczema creams available
- May take a few applications to notice a difference in the skin and fully remove the irritants
Aquaphor Baby Advanced Healing Skin Protectant
Aquaphor is a pediatrician recommended cream that is clinically proven to heal skin conditions such as eczema. It is made with 41% petrolatum which allows oxygen to flow and help mend the skin.
Aquaphor Baby Advanced Healing Skin Protectant is a multipurpose cream that can be used for diaper rash chapped cheeks and minor scrapes and scratches and of course eczema. Trusted by many parents and often the go to when no other ointments or creams will work.
- Pediatrician recommended cream
- Multi-purpose cream
- Helps to soothe dry and irritated skin
- Goes on the skin easily but does leave a greasy residue that can take a few minutes to soak into the skin
Burt’s Bees Baby 100% Natural Multipurpose Ointment
Burt’s Bees baby multipurpose ointment is good for many skin issues including Eczema. It is a natural ointment that can be used on baby’s face and body. Moms have found this to soothe and heal Eczema prone skin quickly. The product is also pediatrician tested and is gentle and safe for everyday use.
Burt’s Bees ointment is 100% natural and does not contain any petrolatum, parabens, and Phthalates. This is an ointment that is worth trying out when all else fails.
- Made with softening coconut oil and beeswax
- Pediatrician tested
- 100% Natural
- Gentle and safe for everyday use
- Parents may not like the scent of the ointment
- May find it to be quite greasy
Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Moisturizer
Cetaphil is a trusted brand that many parents recommend using on their baby. Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Moisturiser is safe to use for babies 3 months and older. It is a moisturizer that offers gentle yet effective treatment for dry, itchy skin.
A big bonus is that it is fragrance-free and free of parabens, steroids. The moisturizer quickly absorbs into the skin leaving no greasy residue or excess moisture, and it is clinically proven to hydrate skin with eczema.
- Free of fragrance, parabens, and steroids
- Easily absorb into skin
- Safe to use as often as needed
- Can not be used for babies under 3 months.
- Quite a thin cream which may require more applications.
Products at a glance:
|Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Body Cream ||- Made with natural oatmeal.|
- Fragrance, dye, and steroid free.
|Dermatologist and pediatrician recommended.||Helps calm dry and itchy skin due to eczema.||Can be used for babies and children. Safe to apply as needed.|
|Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Cream||- Made with natural colloidal oatmeal.|
- Steroid and fragrance-free.
|Recommended by a dermatologist.|
Accepted by the National Eczema Association and clinically shown to soothe skin
|Helps to relieve dry, itchy and irritated skin due to eczema.||Can be applied as needed.|
|Aquaphor Baby Advanced Healing Skin Protectant||41% Petrolatum||Pediatrician recommended. Listed as an Amazon #1 best seller.||Ideal for babies dry, chapped or irritated skin. Helps to restore skin||Can be applied as needed.|
|Burt’s Bees Baby 100% Natural Multipurpose Ointment||Made with softening coconut oil and beeswax. Petroleum Free and|
100% natural (No phthalates and parabens)
|Pediatrician tested and safe for daily use.||Multipurpose ointment.||Suitable for use on babies face and body.|
|Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Moisturizer||Free of fragrances, parabens, and steroids||Awarded the Seal of Acceptance from the National Eczema Association.||A restoring moisturizer that is gentle and effective for dry and itchy skin.||Safe for Babies 3 months +. Quickly absorbed into the skin.|
Eczema can be problematic for many families. Therefore, it is best to consult your healthcare professional first so they can access any skin conditions.Final Thoughts on the Top Eczema Baby Creams
Before purchasing any products, we recommend researching eczema creams to ensure they are suitable for your circumstances.
Our top 5 eczema creams have all received great reviews with many parents. Hopefully, you can find a favorite amongst them.