- Baby Formula Recalls : Latest Baby Formula Recall - May 23, 2023
- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles: Which is Better? - January 23, 2023
- Tommee Tippee vs Avent: Which is Better? - January 5, 2023
Are you trying to find an eczema cream that is suitable to use on your baby?
Struggling to find one that will actually work to help clear it up and protect the skin?
Well, worry no more as we have discovered the top 5 best eczema creams that are suitable for babies sensitive skin that you may want to check out!
But first… if you are looking for my overall top pick (and don’t have time to read):
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Eczema?
- 2 Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Body Cream
- 3 Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Cream
- 4 Aquaphor Baby Advanced Healing Skin Protectant
- 5 Burt’s Bees Baby 100% Natural Multipurpose Ointment
- 6 Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Moisturizer
- 7 Final Thoughts on the Top Eczema Baby Creams
What is Eczema?
Eczema is an itchy and dry skin condition that many people have, but it can also pop up in young children. Eczema causes the skin to become red, dry, and itchy and if it gets really bad it can make the skin crack and become painful. Therefore staying on top of it is important.
Common places that babies tend to get eczema is their hands, face, neck, elbows, and back on knees.
Is there a way to manage Eczema?
There are a few things you can do to help manage eczema at home, however, if you are ever concerned then be sure to take your little one to your doctor for further assessment. Ways to manage it include:
- Using lotion, cream, or ointment specific that treats eczema.
- Try dressing your baby in cotton clothing.
- Keep bedding light, so your child does not get too hot.
- Avoid wool as it can give them itchy skin
- Try not to have a super hot bath as this will cause further skin irritation (although a bath isn’t specifically a bad idea)
- Keep baby’s nails short.
- Be careful about using body washes, soaps, and washing powder as this can set eczema flares off.
- Pat skin dry do not rub it.
Here are our top 5 picks for Baby Eczema relief.
Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Body Cream
Listed as Amazon’s choice cream Eucerin Baby Eczema Cream is trusted by many parents. The natural oatmeal ingredient calms itchy, dry, and irritated skin due to Eczema.
Suitable for babies and children’s skin, it is made with a Licochalcone-enriched formula that soothes and helps the appearance of red and irritated skin. Another benefit is it is fragrance, dye, and steroid free which won’t agitate the baby’s skin and because of its Ceramide fortified formula, it helps strengthen the baby’s skin barrier. Eurerin Baby Eczema Cream is a gentle formula that can be used when needed.
- Made from oatmeal.
- Calms and soothes dry itchy skin
- Fragrance, dye, and steroid free
- Suitable for babies and children
- Can be pricey for a cream
- It may not be suitable for babies with very sensitive skin
Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Cream
Aveeno is a trusted brand with many, so it is not a surprise that their Baby Eczema Therapy Cream is amongst our top 5. It is clinically shown to help soothe dry, itchy, and irritated skin due to eczema. It is recommended by dermatologists and is made with natural colloidal oatmeal which is fantastic for skin and dermatitis treatment in general.
Aveeno baby eczema cream will also help to restore the skin’s protective function and prevent it from getting dry. The cream is steroid and fragrance-free which is important for many parents!
- Relieves dry, itchy irritated skin due to eczema
- Steroid and fragrance-free
- Recommended by many parents and dermatologists
- Is one of the more expensive eczema creams available
- It may take a few applications to notice a difference in the skin and fully remove the irritants
Aquaphor Baby Advanced Healing Skin Protectant
Aquaphor is a pediatrician-recommended cream that is clinically proven to heal skin conditions such as eczema. It is made with 41% petrolatum which allows oxygen to flow and help mend the skin.
Aquaphor Baby Advanced Healing Skin Protectant is a multipurpose cream that can be used for diaper rash chapped cheeks and minor scrapes and scratches and of course eczema. Trusted by many parents and often the go-to when no other ointments or creams will work.
- Pediatrician recommended cream
- Multi-purpose cream
- Helps to soothe dry and irritated skin
- Goes on the skin easily but does leave a greasy residue that can take a few minutes to soak into the skin
Burt’s Bees Baby 100% Natural Multipurpose Ointment
Burt’s Bees baby multipurpose ointment is good for many skin issues including Eczema. It is a natural ointment that can be used on a baby’s face and body. Moms have found this to soothe and heal Eczema prone skin quickly. The product is also pediatrician tested and is gentle and safe for everyday use.
Burt’s Bees ointment is 100% natural and does not contain any petrolatum, parabens, and Phthalates. This is an ointment that is worth trying out when all else fails.
- Made with softening coconut oil and beeswax
- Pediatrician tested
- 100% Natural
- Gentle and safe for everyday use
- Parents may not like the scent of the ointment
- May find it to be quite greasy
"I absolutely LOVE Burt's Bees multipurpose cream as an all-natural solution to most skin conditions like Eczema. I never travel without it!"
Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Moisturizer
Cetaphil is a trusted brand that many parents recommend using on their babies. Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Moisturiser is safe to use for babies 3 months and older. It is a moisturizer that offers gentle yet effective treatment for dry, itchy skin.
A big bonus is that it is fragrance-free and free of parabens, steroids. The moisturizer quickly absorbs into the skin leaving no greasy residue or excess moisture, and it is clinically proven to hydrate skin with eczema.
- Free of fragrance, parabens, and steroids
- Easily absorb into the skin
- Safe to use as often as needed
- Can not be used for babies under 3 months.
- Quite a thin cream that may require more applications.
Products at a glance:
Eczema can be problematic for many families. Therefore, it is best to consult your healthcare professional first so they can access any skin conditions.
Final Thoughts on the Top Eczema Baby Creams
Before purchasing any products, we recommend researching eczema creams to ensure they are suitable for your circumstances. Our top 5 eczema creams have all received great reviews from many parents. Hopefully, you can find a favorite amongst them.
Monday 6th of November 2017
Both of my sons have dealt with eczema since they were infants. One is 4 and the other is 1 yr old. We use fodermal serum consistently and it has helped more than any other cream we used! My oldest son was less severe and we were able to use another type of lotion with him, but we have switched to foderma for both children since starting it on my youngest son. It has kept their skin clear, without the use of hydrocortisone cream, better than anything else.
The Baby Swagger
Thursday 18th of January 2018
Thanks so much for the tip! Eczema can be such a tough thing and it can be tough to find the product that works for you! Thanks for sharing, I'm sure other parents will find this useful too.