The Doona Car Seat and Stroller system is the first of its kind and might just pave the way for more similar systems just like it. Unlike other systems where you might attach a car seat to a stroller, this one folds from a car seat to a stroller without taking anything apart or clicking any parts into place.
It’s a complete all-in-one stroller and car seat that keeps the legs and wheels folded underneath and can be unfolded in a matter of seconds to take the shape of a stroller.
One downside, of course, is that there isn’t a storage basket underneath, as is the case with most other strollers, but the wheels are heavy-duty enough to withstand as many walks as you need to use the combo for. And the carrying handle of the car seat can extend with ease to act as a stroller handle that is the perfect size for most parents and caregivers to push.
The car seat has a five-point safety harness and has been tested to meet or exceed all federal safety regulations. It also has a stretched canopy that can be used when it’s in the car seat or stroller mode.
The system includes an infant insert and Doona head support to keep your infant as safe and comfortable as possible when they are in the car seat/stroller combo.
The car seat can be used for babies from 4-35 pounds and is rear-facing only. It also has a base that you keep in your car to make it easier to take the car seat out and put it back in each time, even with the wheels and legs tucked underneath the bottom of the car seat.
The combo itself weighs 16.5 pounds, so it can be a breeze to pop the stroller open in just a few seconds and then push your little one in it without putting any strain on yourself, but it is likely too heavy to do it all while holding your child. At this time, you can find the Doona Car Seat and Stroller System on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- 1 Chicco Shuttle Frame Stroller & Chicco KeyFit2 Car Seat
- 2 Baby Trend Snap-N-Go EX Universal Infant Car Seat Carrier & Baby Trend Secure Snap Tech 35 Infant Car Seat
- 3 Graco SnugRider Elite Infant Car Seat Frame Stroller & Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 Elite Infant Car Seat
- 4 Final Thoughts
- The car seat is designed for babies from 4-35 pounds.
- When you need to use it as a stroller, you simply fold out the legs and wheels and extend the handle to a handlebar.
- It has wheels that are a little tougher than those of standard strollers.
- The car seat has a stretched canvas shade that can be used whether it is in a car seat or stroller mode.
- When folded, the car seat can be carried with ease with just one hand.
- As a stroller, the Doona is easy to maneuver in and out of crowds.
- The wheels also glide easily over different kinds of terrain.
- With this system, you won’t have to worry about struggling with clicking a car seat in a corresponding stroller.
- It folds down to a more compact size for each storage or transporting when you need to take the car seat and stroller combo with you on the go.
- The system also comes with a car seat base, so it’s easy to safely snap the car seat into its base in your car each time.
- Although the system is one of a kind, it might be a little pricey for some families.
- There is no storage basket underneath or even a space to use as a makeshift storage space.
- The car seat is rear-facing only, so when your child outgrows the car seat, they can no longer use it as a stroller either.
- The car seat and stroller system can be on the heavier side for some parents and caregivers.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no recent or current recalls on the Doona Car Seat and Stroller.
How Others Compare
Chicco Shuttle Frame Stroller & Chicco KeyFit2 Car Seat
Unlike the Doona, the Chicco Shuttle Frame Stroller is a frame on its own, but it can be used with the Chicco KeyFit2 Car Seat. This means that you will have to purchase both separately, but together, they make up a convenient and easy to use system that is different from your standard stroller and car seat combo.
The Chicco Shuttle Frame Stroller features a one-handed fold that can be done in just seconds and while it doesn’t fold up with a car seat in it at the same time, it’s easy enough to carry with one hand and take wherever you need to go. It has a click in an attachment to easy and quickly attach the car seat to it when you need to. There’s also a spacious storage basket underneath that can hold everything your little one will need and then some.
There’s also a parent tray which features two cup holders and a little zippered storage pouch. The frame rolls smoothly on its easy to maneuver swivel wheels and when it is in the folded position, it can stand up on its own. Right now, you can find the Chicco Shuttle Frame Stroller on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
Since it is compatible with the Chicco KeyFit2 Car Seat, which is a little more than 20 pounds, the frame stroller can still be pushed with ease when combined with the car seat. The car seat itself can be used for babies and toddlers from 4-35 pounds. It stays as a rear-facing car seat until your child is ready and then you can transition it to a car seat that accommodates toddlers up to 35 pounds and 35 inches tall. The car seat also has a one-handed tightener for the harness and headrest, which can adjust to seven different positions to accommodate your little one as he or she grows.
The car seat is also easy to install in your car’s back seat in its base, thanks to the RideRight bubble level indicator. Plus, it has extended leg room for your toddler once they transition to the toddler stage that the car seat base provides. You can find the Chicco KeyFit2 Car Seat on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The storage basket under the frame stroller is larger than you’d find with most strollers.
- It can be folded down with just one hand and stand on its own once it’s folded down.
- The car seat has a large canopy that can shield your baby almost completely from the elements.
- Installation of the car seat is easy thanks to the level indicator on the side.
- The cup holders on the parent tray of the frame stroller are on the smaller side.
- Because the wheels are small, it can be difficult to push the frame stroller over uneven pavement.
- The car seat is a little heavier compared to other similar car seats.
- If your car’s LATCH system doesn’t work, it can feel a little flimsy to use the shoulder belt installation method with this car seat.
Have These Items Been Recalled?
There are no recent or current recalls on the Chicco Shuttle Frame Stroller or the Chicco KeyFit2 Car Seat.
Baby Trend Snap-N-Go EX Universal Infant Car Seat Carrier & Baby Trend Secure Snap Tech 35 Infant Car Seat
The Baby Trend Snap-n-Go EX Universal Car Seat Carrier is another one that can be used with a corresponding car seat. Which, in this case, is the Baby Trend Secure Snap Tech 35 Infant Car Seat.
The carrier is designed much like the Chicco frame stroller, in that you simply click the car seat into place to secure it to the carrier and then push it like you would with a standard stroller. And, as to be expected, this car seat carrier also has a large storage basket underneath that is easily big enough for your and your baby’s necessities
The handlebar for pushing is tall and wide enough for different parents and caregivers to use the car seat carrier with ease and there’s even a parent tray with two cup holders and a small covered storage compartment in the middle. It has a convenient one-handed fold and because it collapses down to an almost flat shape, it’s easy to transport once you take the car seat out of it.
And, because the car seat carrier is made specifically to hold the car seat, you can snap it into place without even taking your infant out of the car seat itself. You can find the Baby Trend Snap-n-Go EX Universal Car Seat Carrier on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
The Baby Trend Secure Snap Tech 35 Infant Car Seat is designed to go perfectly with the car seat carrier, but it offers much more than that one convenience factor. With this car seat, safety is key and you can chalk that up to its EPS energy-absorbing foam for side-impact head protection. The safety also comes from its removable insert that keeps the car seat safe and comfortable for infants until they no longer need it in there.
The car seat is designed for babies from 4-35 pounds with an infant insert and weighs just six pounds on its own. This makes it that much easier to carry and move from its base in your car to the car seat carrier to push it around. It also has four recline positions to choose from as your baby grows and a five-point harness to make sure he or she is securely strapped in at all times. You can find the Baby Trend Secure Snap Tech 35 Infant Car Seat on Amazon at this time.
- Overall, the car seat carrier is lightweight enough to take with you anywhere you need to go.
- It also has an easy one-handed fold which can be done if you have the car seat in your other arm.
- The car seat has a lot of padding and protection.
- It’s also more lightweight than a lot of comparable car seats.
- After frequent use, the wheels on the car seat carrier can wear down easily, which causes them to lose some of their traction.
- The wheels also have a hard time rotating smoothly and properly.
- The car seat straps are on the shorter side, so it might be hard to get your baby properly strapped in without some struggle.
- The buckle between the legs on the car seat can be a little difficult to operate.
Have These Items Been Recalled?
There are no recent or current recalls on the Baby Trend Snap-n-Go EX Universal Infant Car Seat Carrier or Baby Trend Secure Snap Tech 35 Infant Car Seat.
Graco SnugRider Elite Infant Car Seat Frame Stroller & Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 Elite Infant Car Seat
One of the best things about the Graco SnugRider Elite Infant Car Seat Frame Stroller is that is compatible with all Graco infant car seats. So while you won’t be able to use your toddler booster seat with the frame stroller, you will indeed be able to use whatever infant Graco car seat you happen to have for your little one.
The frame stroller is made of ultra-lightweight aluminum and can be folded up with one hand. But when folded, the frame stroller stands up and has an automatic storage lock. The basket underneath also has ample room for what you and your baby need for daily outings and the storage basket zippers closed to keep its contents safe and away from the elements.
For parents’ and caregivers’ convenience, the frame stroller also has a parent tray up near the handlebar with two cup holders and a covered storage compartment. The handle is also easy to adjust to suit different heights. It even has an all-wheel suspension for a smooth ride. You can find the Graco SnugRider Elite Infant Car Seat Frame Stroller on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
The Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 Elite Infant Car Seat is one that is fully compatible with the frame stroller. It features ASafety Surround, which is added side impact protection to protect your little one at all times. It also has the Simply Safe Adjust Harness System which enables the harness and headrest to be adjusted together at the same time.
The car seat is meant to be rear-facing and suits babies from 4-35 pounds. You can also use the car seat’s InRight LATCH system to be able to install the car seat in seconds in your back seat. There’s even a bubble level indicator to help you get the car seat installed at just the right angle for your baby as he or she grows.
To put the car seat in the frame stroller, you simply click it into place and together, they offer an easy way to push your infant around. Because of all of the safety features and the fact that the car seat has been tested to meet or exceed safety standards, you can be sure that safety is important with this one. You can find the Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 Elite Infant Car Seat on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- Not only is the frame stroller lightweight, but it’s also compact, so it’s easy to travel with.
- It can also accommodate all Graco infant car seats.
- The safety features on the car seat are virtually unparalleled in infant car seats.
- It’s easy to adjust the safety straps on the car seat, unlike is the case with some other car seats.
- It can sometimes be difficult to get a car seat to properly click into place on the stroller frame.
- The car seat does sit fairly low in the stroller frame, which can be bothersome for some parents and caregivers.
- The car seat itself is on the heavier side, so it can be difficult to lift up and out of the frame stroller.
- It’s also fairly bulky, so it takes up a decent amount of room in the backseat.
Have These Items Been Recalled?
There are no recent or current recalls on the Graco SnugRider Elite Infant Car Seat Frame Stroller, but there was a 2014 recall on the buckle of some Graco SnugRide car seats.
Clearly, there are few comparable car seats and stroller systems that resemble the Doona Car Seat and Stroller. There are some similar options that might resemble the style and ease of use that the car seat and stroller provides, but nothing quite compares to the one-of-a-kind system.
The Doona Car Seat and Stroller is a little costly for some families. However, it is an all-in-one system that enables you to keep hold of a car seat alone without needing to keep track of or remember a separate stroller frame to connect it to.
And the wheels on the Doona are much more superior than those of some of these stroller frames, so you won’t have to worry about them easily wearing out or not being able to maneuver over uneven terrain. The Doona Car Seat and Stroller is a superior option for any family and provides enough comfort, safety, and ease of use not to give it a chance.
- Chicco KeyFit 30 vs Chicco Fit2 – What Are The Main Differences?
- Chicco KeyFit 30 vs UPPAbaby Mesa – Which One is Better?
- Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System Review: Is This for You?
- The Ultimate Guide to the Best Graco Infant Car Seats