- Best Cyber Monday Baby Deals 2022: Strollers, Car Seats - November 29, 2022
- Huggies Snug and Dry vs Little Snugglers: Which Diaper is Best? - November 7, 2022
- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles : Which is Better? - October 12, 2022
If you’ve ever changed a soiled diaper, then you know the struggle of trying to keep the odor contained once you toss it in the trash. This is why diaper pails were invented. When you compare the Diaper Genie Expressions Pail vs Diaper Dekor Classic Diaper Disposal System, you can definitely see some of the benefits of investing in one of them to take care of your diaper disposal needs.
These types of systems work to keep the smell of dirty diapers contained to the specially designed garbage can. Additionally, they offer you a way to throw away as many diapers as you need each day. What’s best is you don’t need to take out the actual bag.
Since newborns can go through 10-12 dirty diapers a day, it’s important to have somewhere to toss all of them, especially if you have pets or other small children who might enjoy going into your kitchen or bathroom garbage bins for fun.
Yes, it happens, and for parents, its the very opposite of fun, as any will tell you. But if you so happen to have toddlers or pets who enjoy this hobby, then having either the Diaper Genie Expressions Pail or the Diaper Dekor Classic Diaper Disposal System is probably in your best interest.
Both work to keep soiled diapers contained inside. This until you’re ready to unfasten the safety latches in order to get the full bag out. But when it comes down to it, you’re going to have to weigh the best and worst parts of each product to determine which is best for your family.
Diaper Genie Expressions Pail
The name Diaper Genie might be what first comes to mind when you think of these kinds of products overall. So, of course you might already know of the Diaper Genie Expressions Pail, but because of all that it has to offer, it’s definitely worth considering for your own diaper disposal needs.
To open the Genie, all you need to do is push the button on top with one finger. Then you can place any soiled diapers inside the pail. To empty out the bag when it’s full, you simply need to open up the top completely in order to take out the bag.
And if you stay with the Diaper Genie brand of diaper pail liners, you’ll get the promised seven layers of protection within the plastic that help to contain any messes and odors.
You can also purchase fabric sleeves separately, which add a certain level of sophistication to the Diaper Genie and allow you to match it to your baby’s nursery as best as possible. And just in case you’re concerned about the chore of taking out the full bag of diapers every day, the Diaper Genie Expressions Pail can hold up to 50 newborn diapers before you need to take it out.
Of course, as your baby gets older and grows bigger, that number will go down. Since the diapers will also be larger, but they’ll also be using fewer diapers than at the newborn stage, so that should work out regardless.
- Refills: To refill the Diaper Genie, you simply place the refill cartridge on the top with the Push-N-Lock clamp system to keep it held tight.
- Odor Control: It boasts a special Odor Lock Control system that keeps all dirty diaper smells inside the bag at all times thanks to the thick liners and tightly sealed top of the pail.
- Size: The Diaper Genie Expressions Pail comes in one size which can hold up to 50 dirty newborn diapers at once.
- Where To Buy: You can find the diaper pail on Amazon and in-store at Target or Walmart.
- With the ability to add the sleeve to it, the Diaper Genie can be more aesthetically pleasing in any room of the house.
- It’s relatively easy to refill the liners and take out full bags once they’re filled to capacity.
- Even when opening to put another diaper inside, the odor is maintained in the pail, as opposed to wafting out.
- The size means that it can hold a decent amount of soiled diapers. However, it also doesn’t take up too much room in the house.
- If you want to add an odor filter, there isn’t really any spot to place it inside the lid or pail.
- To make more room in the bag inside the pail, you may need to put your hand inside to actually push down the dirty diapers.
- Some parents or caregivers might be put off by the fact that there’s no foot pedal to be able to open it hands-free.
“Worked so very well for my baby, I bought another one for my son for his new baby! They were skeptical about Diaper Genies but after using this particular model they were very impressed!” – Amy on Amazon.
“This will definitely dress up your boring diaper genie. Makes it much less of an eyesore in your home. Made like a pillowcase that you just slip on over the pail and can easily be removed and cleaned.” – Rebecca Fuller on Amazon.
“Diaper Genies are the best! They are so easy to use and make diaper disposable quick, painless, and smell-free. I really like that you can customize this one to match your nursery. What a fun way to make diaper-time less gross.” – J. Hart on Amazon.
“The Diaper Genie keeps smelly dirty diaper odors from disbursing into the air with a push-n-lock clamp, and the canisters/containers hold a lot of diapers! The refill bags have seven layers which also help to keep diaper odors contained.” – R. Eye on Amazon.
Diaper Dekor Classic Diaper Disposal System
With the Diaper Dekor Classic Diaper Disposal System, there’s not much they haven’t thought of. You’ll get odor control, safety measures to keep tiny hands from getting pinched, easy to refill bags, and multiple sizes to really choose what works best for your family.
The plus version can hold up to 60 newborn diapers, while the classic one holds up to 35, and the mini option can hold up to 25 soiled diapers. And while the smallest version may not be ideal for your own lifestyle, it’s still handy if you need a smaller pail in another room of the house for quick diaper disposals.
The pail comes in five different colors — white, gray, blue, mint, or pink. And when your baby is done using diapers completely, you can just pop out the diaper insert and trap door in the top and continue using the pail as an actual garbage can in your home, giving you literal years of use even after you’re done with the diaper stage.
Once it’s time to empty the bags of diapers, though, instead of struggling with opening the top of the pail, you just need to open the trap door on the front of the pail and pull the bag down to be able to take it out. It’s just another added benefit of the Diaper Dekor pail.
- Refills: Using the child-safe bag cutter on the inside of the front door, you can tear off the full bag of diapers and then tie a knot to use the continuous bag once more. And overall, the bag will hold up to 580 newborn diapers.
- Odor Control: The continuous bag is powder scented and strong enough to prevent easy rips in it.
- Size: The different pails come in 13.5 x 9.5 x 22.75 inches, 12 x 8 x 20.75 inches, and 10 x 7.25 x 17.25 inches.
- Where To Buy: You can find the diaper pail on Amazon and in-store at Bed Bath & Beyond or Toys ‘R Us.
- You can either use the Dekor brand refills or actual garbage bags with this particular diaper pail.
- The different sizes mean you can either have more throughout your house or if your home is on the smaller side, it makes it easier to accommodate a smaller diaper pail.
- The steps needed to take out and refill the bag in the Diaper Dekor Classic are relatively easy, even for newer parents.
- Since the diaper drop on the top immediately closes once a diaper goes through it, you can keep the odor maintained.
- The safe bag cutter on the inside of the door to the pail can be difficult to use at times.
- Though the odor is maintained, every time you open the lid to dispose of more, the smell does momentarily escape the can.
- In some cases, it might seem like it fills up relatively quickly, especially if your baby is producing a large number of soiled diapers per day.
“We really like this diaper pail. We have not had any problems with the smell coming from it. I really like that the refills are reasonably priced and that you can cut the bag to size. That way, if things do start to get a little stinky and you are going on a trip, you don’t have to waste expensive refills on small loads.” – John L. on Amazon.
“So far so good! Haven’t noticed a smell and the baby is 3 months old. This was much more affordable than some of the other trash cans we were looking at.” – Jules on Amazon.
“Great price and good quality! Easy foot pedal to lift the lid, locking capability keeps little ones from getting into it, and it’s a great fit for any nursery. The greatest thing about this diaper pail is that you can use kitchen trash bags with it!” – Amy Lamb on Amazon.
“Love this diaper pail. Easy to change and refill. I wish it held a few more diapers but I can have it changed out in 30 seconds. Recommend!” – Pamela L. Shaw on Amazon.
Overall, because of all that the Diaper Dekor Classic Diaper Disposal System offers, it just may be the more superior of the two when comparing it to the Diaper Genie Expressions Pail.
With both pails around the same general price range and offering the same benefits, it may be hard to decide between the two. However, the Diaper Dekor also offers an easy way to refill the bags. There is an option to add garbage bags instead of the actual refills. Also, it has a convenient opening to be able to take out bags when they’re filled to capacity.
You also get a foot pedal to open the top when dropping in soiled diapers and you can eventually use the system as a standard garbage can. And it’s not exactly awful that the pail itself comes in a handful of fun colors to suit most nurseries.
Of course, it’s not perfect by any means. However, when you compare it to the Diaper Genie, you may benefit more from the Diaper Dekor Classic Diaper Disposal System when it’s all said and done.
Overall, the benefits of a diaper pail are hard to ignore. They provide an easy and essentially odor-free way to dispose of diapers and as your child gets older. Those diapers will become more and more pungent.
If you’re lucky enough to choose the right kind of diaper pail, they’re also convenient for disposing of actual garbage or pet waste as well. But in most cases, you’re going to be looking for one that will suit you best and work well for your growing family as a way to get rid of soiled diapers and keep your home as fresh-smelling as possible with a new baby present.
It’s always going to be up to you to decide which baby product, or in this case which diaper pail, is best for your own family’s particular needs and wants. But you truly cannot go wrong with the Diaper Dekor Classic Diaper Disposal System.