Last Updated on
In some cases, you might be able to buy a car seat that acts as the only car seat you’ll ever need. In other cases, you may only be able to find one that works during infancy and for the better part of your child’s toddler years before he or she needs an actual booster seat for your car.
Such is the case for the Cosco Mighty Fit 65 Car Seat, but it still makes it a convenient car seat to consider when looking for one that will last you a long time for an affordable price.
You can use it as a rear-facing car seat from 5-40 pounds and then a forward-facing from 22-65 pounds. You’ll be able to use the car seat for critical years while your little one is growing with it.
While it means you’ll still eventually have to transition to a booster car seat at some point later down the line, it also means that your baby won’t have struggled with getting used to more than one new car seat in his or her lifetime.
But more than the longevity that the Cosco Mighty Fit 65 Car Seat offers, it also has an easy to adjust five point harness and side impact protection to help the car seat absorb blows associated with unexpected car accidents. Because of this, the car seat meets or exceeds all federal car seat safety standards. At the same time, it’s plane-ready for any trips you might have to take.
Thanks to its size, you may also be able to comfortably and safely fit three of these particular car seats across the back seat of most cars. This can be a big plus if you have multiples who all need car seats at the same time.
Since the car seat is designed to accommodate your growing baby and toddler, there are five different height positions and three different buckle locations to truly secure your little one while also making sure they’re comfortable in the car seat.
Because of the inevitable messes that will happen in your backseat over the course of your car seat’s life, the fabric cover of this one is machine washable and dryer safe to sanitize and clean it when the time comes really.
- The car seat has multiple heights and buckles positions to make the correct adjustments along the way.
- It’s also entirely LATCH compatible, which is important. Some parents prefer to utilize this in their cars.
- When in the rear-facing position, the Cosco Mighty Fit 65 Car Seat takes up less room than your typical rear-facing car seat might.
- It’s suitable from the time your baby is a newborn at five pounds, all the way up to 65 pounds as a small child.
- The cover is also washable, so you won’t have to stress over stains or spills that will no doubt happen often.
- The car seat’s five-point harness can be easily adjusted right from the front of the seat for convenience and safety.
- Overall, the car seat is lightweight when compared to similar ones. Therefore it can quickly be taken in and out of different cars if need be.
- It’s also easy to install in your car, even if you choose not to use the LATCH system.
- Some cars may be able to fit more than two of these across the backseat. Also, it doesn’t feel narrow when a baby is in it.
- It is a car seat that can be used for years from the time your baby is born. Also, the Cosco is also affordable for most families.
- When out in the rear-facing position, it may be hard to get the appropriate incline.
- You may have a hard time with the harness straps twisting or getting tangled up.
- The headrest itself may not be too comfortable for some kids, especially those who tend to fall asleep on car rides.
How Others Compare
Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat
Like the Cosco Mighty Fit 65, you won’t be able to utilize the Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat for the entire time your little one needs a car seat. However, you’ll be able to get use out of it for a long time anyway.
To be more exact, you can use it as a rear-facing car seat from 5-40 pounds. Also, as a forward-facing car seat from 22-40 pounds or when your toddler is at least two years old. What might set this one apart from the rest is the fact that it weighs less than 10 pounds.
This means that in most cases, you’ll be able to move it from car to car with just one hand carrying it, so sharing it between your car and your partner’s or your baby’s caregiver’s can be a breeze. With this one, you also get a safe five-point harness system with an easy adjustment in the front, like the Cosco Mighty Fit 65. Also, you get four different shoulder strap positions for easy accommodation of your growing toddler.
- It’s not only lightweight as a car seat. However, it fits in most plane seats when traveling with your little one.
- When needed, you can throw the entire car seat cover in the washing machine to clean it.
- Installing the Evenflo is a breeze for most parents or caregivers. This even if you’re trying to install more than one across the backseat of your car.
- Because of all of the height and buckle adjustments it makes the car seat very customizable for your little one.
- When in the rear-facing position, it can take up a good deal of room from the front seat.
- The straps on the five-point harness system aren’t padded with anything, so your baby may feel some discomfort thee, especially on long car rides or trips.
- The seat cover cushion itself is relatively thin, so it might depend on the child to see how much comfort they feel in the car seat.
Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat
It’s not too hard to see why the Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat is probably a hot item for a lot of parents. It just looks luxurious and comfortable with his multiple layers of padding and light, soft fabric that will make your baby or toddler feel comfortable and at ease while nestled in it. But the safety isn’t just for show, as the car seat has side impact protection and anti-rebound bolsters for overall safety.
The five-point harness is easy for adjustment with ease in the front of the car seat. There are a total of five harness heights and three buckle positions to make sure your toddler is comfortable and safe.
You can use the Safety 1st as a rear-facing car seat from 5-40 pounds and as a forward-facing from 22-65 to ensure your baby’s. And, eventually, your toddler’s safety over time. Like the Cosco Mighty Fit 65, in most cases, you should be able to fit three of these across your backseat.
- You can fit multiple car seats in the backseat of your car in either the rear or forward-facing position.
- Your baby can use the Safety 1st until they hit the 65-pound mark. So, they’ll be able to get used out of it for a long time.
- For the most part, it’s simple to get the car seat adequately fitted and reclined in the rear-facing position.
- The fabric tends not to get as warm as that of some other car seats. This can be convenient if you’re driving for more extended periods of time or on long trips.
- Although it’s designed for babies as small as five pounds, it may be difficult to accurately secure or feel secure with your little newborn buckled in the car seat.
- If the head support is in the two lower positions, it can be challenging to keep the infant padding in place, which makes it a tricky situation. The padding and the lower headrest positions are all designed specifically for smaller babies.
- When using the LATCH belt, it can be difficult to tighten it to your liking properly.
Graco Size4Me 65 Convertible Car Seat
With all of the little adjustments that can be made with the Graco Size4Me 65 Convertible Car Seat, it’s hard to ignore the benefits that come along with it. When compared to the Cosco Mighty Fit 65, there are of course similarities in rear and forward-facing limitations.
There is also the five-point adjustable harness and adjustable headrest. Both can be done with one hand, and there are removable head and body support cushions. To use the car seat rear-facing, your baby should be 4-40 pounds and forward-facing children can be 22-65 pounds, as to be expected.
There’s also a three-position recline to get your baby in the safest and most comfortable position and tailor the car seat to their needs and preferences as much as possible.
The EPS energy absorbing foam built right into the car seat is designed to absorb and handle accidents for your baby’s safety, and you can also use the LATCH system to install the car seat as securely as possible.
- When adjusting the headrest and newborn inserts, you hear a secure-sounding clock. It will help you make sure they’re in place.
- There are convenient storage pockets for the LATCH anchors and buckles or straps. It can help you to keep track of them while installing the car seat.
- It’s easy to adjust the straps when the time comes without the worry of them tangling up or twisting into each other.
- The Simply Safe Adjust Harness System allows you to adjust both the harness and headrest at the same time.
- You can get a lot of use out of the car seat, at $100. Also, it is quite similar to the Cosco Mighty Fit 65.
- Correctly installing and securing it in the rear-facing position can be a challenge. So, it will take a great deal more time than forward-facing will.
- The car seat itself is relatively large, so it would be difficult to fit more than one comfortable in your back seat.
When you’re looking for an all-in-one car seat that makes it possible never to need to buy another car seat for your little one again, that’s one thing. But when you’re open to the idea of purchasing one that will still last you years before you’ll need to buy a booster car seat of some kind, that’s where the Cosco Mighty Fit 65 comes in.
From its safety harness system to its ability to comfortably fit in most cars, there’s a lot about this particular car seat that will probably do it for you.
Of course, there are a few car seats which do well to compare to the Cosco Mighty Fit. But even so, in some areas, they come up lacking.
The Cosco Mighty Fit 65 is by no means perfect. However, it also comes at an affordable price and won’t leave you frustrated when trying to install it in your car. In fact, when in the rear-facing position, the car seat’s talked about strength is being able to allow for even more foot room in the front seat of the car, which is a rare feat in itself.
Any of the comparable car seats are probably acceptable and come from reputable brands, but if you’re already considering the Cosco Mighty Fit, then you probably already trust the benefits that come along with it in the end.