- Ubbi vs Diaper Genie: Which Is The Best Diaper Pail? - May 29, 2022
- Similac Advance vs Sensitive – Which Baby Formula Comes Out on Top? - May 26, 2022
- Pampers Cruisers vs Swaddlers Compared  - May 26, 2022
What is a parent’s ultimate responsibility to their children? Provision, shaping morals, or securing their future? Chances are you went for provision, which is alright but, what is provision or morals if your child is not safe, especially on the roads?
Roads? Surprising right? But not to Clek Inc the proud manufacturers of Clek Ozzi and Clek Olli. Read on. Reliable and verifiable statistics from Fatality Analysis Reporting, has conclusively shown that car crashes rank as one of the leading causes of death for children under age 13.
Based on these statistics, most, if not, all states instituted child restraint laws to keep children safe on roads. Their decision and directives formed the basis and unquenchable thirst for innovative and quality products from Clek Inc.
But how exactly do you settle for one that fits your child’s weight, age, size and vehicle (check out our guide on how to find the best car seat or an all in one car seat )? These are the very questions that made us review Clek Olli and Clek Ozzi. Read on for our in-depth review.
- 1 Main Differences Between Clek Olli vs Clek Ozzi
- 2 Clek Ozzi vs Clek Olli –car seat booster compared
- 3 Clek Olli – In-depth
- 4 Main features of Clek Olli
- 5 Clek Ozzi – in-depth
- 6 Alternatives to Clek Ozzi vs Clek Olli
- 7 Chicco GoFit Backless Booster Car Seat – Shark
- 8 Graco AFFIX Backless Booster Car Seat, Pierce
- 9 FAQs
- 10 Our Verdict: Clek Ozzi vs Clek Olli
Main Differences Between Clek Olli vs Clek Ozzi
The main differences between Clek Ozzi vs Clek Olli are:
- Clek Olli is available in five different fabric colors and patterns, whereas Ozzi comes only in one color, black.
- Clek Olli is better suited for families on the go, whereas Ozzi is ideal for long-term installation
- Clek Olli has numerous accessories such as a removable seat cover, quick release strap and a detachable cup holder, whereas Ozzi’s only accessory is a carrying strap.
- Clek Olli features padded armrests for comfort whereas Ozzi has no pad on its armrests.
- Clek Olli is Clek jacket compatible whereas Ozzi is not Clek jacket compatible.
- Clek Owing to the numerous accessories and add-ons Olli is slightly expensive, whereas Ozzi is fairly cheaper.
Clek Ozzi vs Clek Olli –car seat booster compared
Have a quick release/connection system so that your child can easily and comfortably buckle in with the auto safety belt. The icing on the cake with Clek car seats is that the latch connectors hold the seat in position, especially, when not in use.
Detailed below is a review of the two-car booster seats.
Clek Olli – In-depth
If awards were the mark of quality, innovativeness, environmentally-friendly considerations, and ultimate utility for users, then Clek Olli is well above the recognition most car seats will ever get in one lifetime.
Shortly after its release, Clek Olli bagged the 2008 Parents Test Parent Approved (PTPA) Media Award; the 2007 JPMA Innovation Award; the National Parenting Publications Award; the iParenting Media Award for Outstanding Products among many others. But if awards won’t buy you, then maybe these features will:
Clek Olli is light in weight. Weighing 5lb, you can easily carry it around between vehicles, walking through the city or an airport.
The high-performance fabric used in making the seat has a high level of moisture and bacteria resistance. The fabric is not only durable but also easier to clean. However, the seat cover can as well be removed and cleaned with a machine.
Olli seats are designed to include a strap thingy to make it easier to carry the seat around. To make it easier for you to move it around, simply slip the strap over your shoulder and carry the backless booster seat to any location of your choice.
It features a comfort cube made of a metal substructure that ensures stability. Additionally, its expanded polypropylene base and molded polyurethane foam is an excellent energy absorber that can come in handy in the event of a crash. And that is not all, it will keep your child’s bum numb free.
Some car seats are known to leave scratches and snags in your car, severely denting your internal car’s aesthetics. But not with Clek Olli. Featuring a protective fabric under the backless booster seat, Clek Olli guarantees your car a scratch-free so that you can sport that sleek look that you treasure.
Olli has a cozy and soft seat cover fabric.
Easier and fast to install
Connecting Clek latch connectors is easier since they secure to your cars latch lower anchors within 10seconds
The Quick-release system makes it easier to unplug the seat within a short time.
The cup holder is dishwasher safe and detachable.
Main features of Clek Olli
- Comes in three different types of fabrics all of which are free of brominated and chlorinated flame retardants.
- Sports a quick-release strap at the front of the seat to easily release both latch connectors simultaneously.
- Both Latch connectors feature a release button.
- Has a cup holder and a carrying strap-thingy.
- Has a weight limit of 40 to 120 lbs.
- Has a protective fabric on the underside that protects against snug and scratches.
- Portable- has a strap thingy to ease carrying around.
- Fast and easy to install – can be installed in less than 10 seconds.
- Features a Jersey-knit Fabric (tokidoki Reef Rider)
- Weighs 5lbs.
- 9-year expiration
- Suitable for children within this range – the weight of 40-120lbs, height- 40-57 inches, and are 4 years and above.
- Has a Crypton Super Fabric that is Greenguard Select Certified – offers protection against stains, odor-causing bacteria, and moisture.
- It is light (weighs 5 lb)
- Has a comfort cube to protect against numb bum.
- Has Strap thingy to ease carrying as you move about.
- Has a great seat belt for most seating positions.
- Easy to install and use
- Equally comfy for breezing on the front porch.
- Compatible with Clek jacket
- Verbal audible installation click
- The seat creates a gap between the back of the Olli and the car seat for cars with seats that lack a lower latch.
- Not well suited for every seating position.
- Armrests aren’t suitable for carrying by children (better suited for older children)
- Its shallow front-to-back design makes it uncomfortable for seating for larger kids.
- Isn’t compatible with some vehicles e.g. Toyota Sienna Minivan and Toyota Highlander.
Reviews of Clek Olli
Most users seem to concur that Olli is skillfully made and tastefully designed with primary colors that match almost the mood and theme of most cars.
Many others are impressed with how economical it is with regard to space as compared to other booster seats with backs. On comfort, most users are more than happy and are content with the added layer of pad that cushions against numb bums.
On the flip side, some users have felt short-changed especially with the armrests, plus it is not usable in planes, whose hard plastic makes them not too comfortable. Furthermore, the cup holder is slightly smaller and may leave you disappointed if you have more than an average-sized water bottle.
For others, the one other thing they feel might need changing is the latch hooks that stick backward. They should either be retractable or be creatively bent or removed altogether.
Clek Ozzi – in-depth
The seat ranks as one of the best in terms of comfort. This is almost entirely thanks to its double layer of padding on the comfort cube that sees to it that users get no bum numbs even with hours of usage.
It also has a fairly long expiration and warranty cover that inspire confidence in the quality of the product. Another selling point is that it has a characteristic audible click to confirm rigid latch connection, and comes with a removable washable cover.
The kicker for Ozzi lies in its lightweight and portable design making it easy to move about with, and this is thanks to the choice of engineering materials that makes it durable, safe and portable. Read on about more features of Ozzi.
3-year warranty and 9-year expiration.
Built to grow with your child, Ozzi assorts and only uses durable materials that will last the entire lifetime of any kid’s childhood. Even better is that, should you register your seat online, you will be notified in case of recall by owners.
Even more interesting is Ozzi’s warranty cover that runs through three years. In the first year, the warranty guarantees repair/replacement for defects.
Comfort cube to bid numb bums bye
Built to imitate car seats, Ozzi features a double layer of pad to keep numb bums at bay. Even more inspiring lies in its design that feature a stability guarantee in its metal substructure.
Additionally, with an expanded polypropylene base, bumpy roads are no match for the high energy absorbing capabilities of the seat.
And you need not fear distortion of its shape as the molded polyurethane foam ensures that its original lustre, shape, and form are maintained.
Improved safety measures
The game of car seats has been and always will be about safety first. And Ozzi has inched the car seat standard an inch higher.
Other than being compliant with all Federal and Motor Vehicle safety standards (check out some of the state laws here) in the US and Canada, it is an audible confirmatory click when lock latches, locks into place to enhance booster seat stability in the event of a collision, and secures the booster seat even when not in use.
Easy to install
Ozzi’s rigid latch connectors securely anchor to your vehicle’s lower anchors in no time.
Weighing at just 5lbs, Ozzi takes little to no storage space and is light enough to be lifted by the kids.
- Each Latch connector features a release button.
- Has a Jersey-knit Fabric (Carbon)
- Has a rigid latch system
- Has a removable seat cover
- Has numb-bum free comfort cube
- Its recommended weight stands at 40-120 lbs.
- 9-year expiration
- Compliant with all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.
- Has an audible click that confirms latches are locked.
- Has a comfort cube fitted with an additional padding layer to protect against numb bum.
- Suitable for children within this range – weight of 40-120lbs, height- 40-57 inches, and are 4 years and above.
- Durable – has a 9-year expiration
- His numb bum free – has an extra layer of padding on the comfortable cube suitable for that long ride.
- Has a characteristic “click” sound to confirm latch lock.
- Safety compliant – Meets all Federal Motor Vehicle safety standards.
- Enhances and improves the child’s safety – positions the seat belt on the hips of the child.
- Offers better cushion against impact in case of a collision.
- Has a protective fabric to keep your car free of snug and scratches.
- Environmental friendly- can be recycled through Clek.
- Not suitable for vehicles that lack second-row latch anchors.
- Compared to similar seats, it is slightly expensive.
- Takes some effort to get the seat belt buckle insert right (especially around the booster seat and armrest)
- Reduced visual aesthesis due to large white warning label (Even Ozzi’s marketing team photoshops it out in adverts)
Reviews of Clek Ozzi
Most users are and continue to be impressed with the heavy-duty materials that are used in making Ozzi. They note that this greatly makes Ozzi endure years of use.
Others opine that being from a USA manufacturer, that upholds the highest quality standards, with an engineering design that meets all motor vehicle safety standards, and with a Latch system, Ozzi’s safety is the best anyone one can wish for in a car booster seat.
Critics note that the armrests make it slightly wider making buckling quite a hassle, dislike the massive hideous label, that is tactfully omitted when marketing, and that greatly reduces the seat’s aesthetics. Others say that it is difficult to move it into a car and even more difficult moving out, plus its use is limited to only household vehicles with latch anchors.
Alternatives to Clek Ozzi vs Clek Olli
Clek’s Ozzi and Olli didn’t tick all the boxes? Then these other alternatives that are almost similar to Clec but have notable differences may be what you looking for;
Chicco GoFit Backless Booster Car Seat – Shark
At almost the same price as Olli, Chicco Go fit comes with a double foam padding for comfort and support, has a removable machine-washable seat pad and armrest covers, built-in carry handle but lacks a latch connector.
Graco AFFIX Backless Booster Car Seat, Pierce
Boasting a design that is engineered and crash tested, Graco Affix is modeled to safely and securely transport your “big kid” of between 40 to 100 lbs. What is more, it sports a latch system that can withstand side-impact thanks to its tested metal and plastic parts.
To ease cleaning, Graco Affix design materials can do with mild soap and cool water, after which your child can ride worry-free for the seat and can withstand frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes. Also, see a review of other Graco car seats.
Answer: Booster car seats lift your child’s height to make it possible for the child to be properly secured with a seat belt through the collar bone and across the hip. This significantly reduces injuries in case of accidents.
Answer: Clek seats come in four different fabrics that include 100% Merino wool, jersey knit fabric, Crypton C-Zero Plus Fabrics, and Crypton C-Zero Plus Tailored Fabrics
Answer: The extent of the impact notwithstanding, Clek recommends immediate discontinuation and replacement of car seats involved in a collision. This is because, as a result of the crash, the seats may lose their snug and scratch capabilities which may in turn negatively affect your car’s aesthetics.
Answer: All seats expire in 9 years after which they should be replaced and safely recycled through Clek.
Our Verdict: Clek Ozzi vs Clek Olli
As this article rightly notes, there are so many factors you need to consider before purchasing a booster car seat. But regardless of the factors you go for, safety is paramount. Of course, pricing is too.
So for those that aren’t running a tight budget, value aesthetics, and know the beauty and value accompanying a Crypton Super Fabric that is Greenguard Select Certified, then Clek Olli is your answer.
On the other hand, customers out for a universal neutral color that syncs with almost all other colors, is lightweight, is cheaper, comfortable and bum numb free will find the Clek Ozzi more appealing.