- Baby Dry vs Swaddlers Diapers : Parent’s Guide - May 26, 2022
- The Ultimate Guide to the Best C-Section Scar Creams - May 20, 2022
- Solly vs Moby Baby Wrap : Which Baby Wrap Is Best? - May 20, 2022
Modular strollers have a lot of benefits to them, like being versatile in the many different positions they offer and the general modern design of them. The Chicco Urban Stroller, which is also a modular style stroller, is no different.
It can be used as an infant carrier stroller, a car seat carrier, and a toddler stroller. But in each position, your little one can either face in or face out, depending on yours or your baby’s preference. Overall, the stroller is designed for children up to 50 pounds, meaning that you can get years of use out of the Chicco Urban Stroller before your child outgrows it.
If you choose to use the stroller as a car seat carrier, you can use any KeyFit or KeyFit2 car seat with it, making it plenty versatile. But if you opt for the seat, which turns into a bassinet for infants, it has a convenient canopy that extends as needed.
The stroller also has an all-wheel suspension. So while it certainly isn’t a jogger by any means, it can move easily over different terrain and uneven terrain, if needed. The front wheels can either swivel or lock into place and the rear brakes can be activated with a simple tap of the foot.
It even has a large storage basket underneath and the multi-position footrest and reclining seat makes the stroller perfect for growing babies and toddlers. The stroller’s handle is padded for your comfort and features three different height positions that are easy to adjust to. It’s also easy to set up and take down the stroller, regardless of what position you prefer to have it in.
And while the bassinet position is perfect for newborns, you can also opt to attach your car seat to the frame to keep your baby comfortable and safe. You can find the Chicco Urban Stroller on the manufacturer’s website right here.
- 0.1 Chicco Urban Stroller Key Features and Specifications
- 0.2 Pros
- 0.3 Cons
- 0.4 Has This Item Been Recalled?
- 1 Chicco Urban Stroller Alternatives
- 1.1 1. Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System
- 1.2 2. Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-In-1 Modular Travel System
- 1.3 3. UPPAbaby Vista Stroller
- 1.4 3. Cynebaby Compact Pram Stroller
- 2 Final Thoughts on the Chicco Urban Stroller
Chicco Urban Stroller Key Features and Specifications
- The stroller has six different positions to choose from to accommodate your growing baby.
- It can be used for little ones up to 50 pounds.
- The stroller itself weighs 26 pounds.
- It’s compatible with Chicco KeyFit and KeyFit2 car seats, which can snap into place on the frame.
- The cushioned handle has three height positions to choose from.
- It also has an easy-to-use foot brake that requires just a tap.
- Your child can either face outward or inward while in the stroller.
- The stroller is easy to open.
- It’s also quite sturdy, regardless of whether you use it as a frame for a car seat or with the bassinet seat.
- It’s easy to maneuver over different terrain and in and out of crowds.
- There are six different ways to use the stroller with your little one.
- Some parents might find that the stroller is positioned too far back for their baby’s comfort.
- The cup holder attachment on the side of the stroller is so flimsy that it isn’t fully useable.
- Some parents might have issues with the way the wheels turn.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no recent or current recalls on the Chicco Urban Stroller.
Chicco Urban Stroller Alternatives
1. Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System
The Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System differs from the Chicco Urban in one major way. It comes with a corresponding car seat to help new parents get started off on the right foot. But like the Chicco, the Evenflo can easily transition to multiple different modes, depending on your baby’s age and development, and in that regard, it also grows with your child.
The Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System can be used as a facing out or inward-facing stroller whether you use the bassinet mode, toddler seat, or attach the corresponding car seat to the frame.
When using the carriage mode with the stroller, you can easily keep newborns and younger infants comfortable and safe without needing to attach the car seat carrier each time. On the flip side, it can be super convenient to have the car seat on hand to simply click into place in the frame whenever you need to. Overall, the six total seating options are bound to make things just a little easier as you adjust to life with your newborn.
The stroller comes with a comfortable and adjustable handlebar to accommodate different parents and caregivers and there’s even a side cup holder for adults to use. Plus, the stroller has a storage basket underneath regardless of what mode it’s in.
The SafeMax Infant Car Seat which comes with the system is made with optimum side impact protection and has a four-position recline. It also clicks in and out of its base with ease. The car seat accommodates babies from 4-35 pounds and the stroller is for little ones up to 50 pounds. You can buy it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The fact that the car seat comes with the stroller can make things a lot easier on parents with newborns who might have to otherwise find a compatible car seat.
- The stroller itself is lightweight and easy to travel with.
- The car seat offers multiple recline positions to keep your baby safe and comfortable.
- When folded, the stroller easily converts to a more compact size.
- It’s also easy to put everything together the first time.
- It can be difficult to maneuver the front wheels of the stroller.
- The storage basket underneath the stroller can start to weigh down the stroller if too many items are in there, regardless of whether or not they fit in the basket.
- The stroller is on the wider side.
- The car seat is a rear-facing only car seat, so parents will have to buy a new sooner rather than later anyway.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no recent or current recalls on the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System.
2. Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-In-1 Modular Travel System
The Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-in-1 Modular Travel System might not have all six modes that the Chicco Urban Stroller offers, but it does have plenty of benefits. It can be used forward or rear-facing in both the carriage and toddler seat modes, but with the car seat mode, the car seat needs to be facing in.
Still, that means a whole lot of options to keep your baby and toddler safe and comfortable as he or she grows. It also comes with a lightweight and comfortable Maxi-Cosi Mico 30 Infant Car Seat. This way, you won’t have to buy a separate car seat to attach to the stroller frame.
The stroller itself has a seat that transforms from a bassinet into a toddler seat as needed. It also has an extra-large canopy that can be pulled down to almost cover your child completely to shield them from the elements. The stroller also has multiple recline positions so give your toddler a comfortable place to nap on those longer stroller strips and because of its lightweight frame, the stroller is easy enough to transport most places.
The Maxi-Cosi Mico Car Seat is designed for babies from 5-30 pounds in rear-facing mode in the car and features a contoured seat handle to make it easier and more comfortable to carry your baby in the car seat carrier. It also has infant inserts and cushions to keep your baby comfortable and snug. Then, you can remove them when you no longer need the inserts.
The stroller itself is for children up to 50 pounds and features an easy quick fold and free-standing mode when the stroller is folded. Overall, the system has plenty of versatility and ease of use that’s hard to ignore. You can find the Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-in-1 Modular Travel System on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The stroller wheels make for a smooth and easy ride.
- It’s also lightweight and easy to fold.
- The handle can adjust to accommodate different heights of parents and caregivers.
- It’s easy to assemble.
- The car seat is also plenty lightweight, which makes carrying it on its own easy enough.
- The car seat base is a little flimsy and might feel like it’s not durable enough.
- The fabric of the car seat can get hot when the car has been in the sun for long periods of time.
- It can be difficult to switch modes on the stroller without help from another person.
- The stroller brake also feels flimsy, which can be disconcerting for parents and caregivers.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no recent or current recalls on the Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-in-1 Modular Travel System.
3. UPPAbaby Vista Stroller
One of the most notable things about the 2018 UPPAbaby Vista Stroller is the fact that it can easily transition to a double stroller, or you can continue to use it as a single stroller until your child grows out of it, as it can hold children up to 50 pounds.
It comes equipped with the possibilities of transforming it up to nine different ways for multiples. However, if you simply need the modular stroller for your one baby, you can still use it with the bassinet seat, toddler seat, or a car seat that is compatible with it. Simply put, this UPPAbaby nearly does it all.
The stroller is compatible with the MESA Infant Car Seat and although it doesn’t come with the stroller, you won’t need any additional attachment. It has a one-step fold that allows the stroller to stand on its own when it’s in the folded position. Unlike some modular strollers that have to sacrifice the quality or size of the storage basket for versatility in other areas, this one has a large enough storage basket to fit everything your baby will need and then some.
While the stroller isn’t a jogger by any means, the wheels are durable enough to withstand lots of use and are “no puncture tires” to ensure their longevity. Plus, there are independent shocks to ensure as smooth of a ride as possible. Both the bassinet and toddler seat are included with the stroller and offer safe and comfortable places for your baby or toddler to relax or nap while you’re on the go. And you can even fold the stroller whether the seats are connected or not.
The 2018 UPPAbaby Vista Stroller is available on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- It offers so much versatility for one child or multiples.
- The stroller also has a one-handed recline to multiple positions.
- Folding it also a breeze in just one step.
- Its wheels are durable enough for frequent use.
- It might be on the pricier side for some families.
- The stroller is on the heavier side.
- There is also no carrying handle, so moving or picking up the stroller when it’s folded is difficult.
- The foot brake isn’t the most durable thing about the stroller and that can be a deal-breaker for some.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There was a 2015 recall on the UPPAbaby Vista Stroller, but not this 2018 version.
3. Cynebaby Compact Pram Stroller
The Cynebaby Compact Pram Stroller is another modular stroller that is comparable to the Chicco Urban Stroller. It can be used in bassinet or toddler seat modes and in both cases, the seat can either be forward or inward-facing. Plus, there’s a large canopy that extends to help keep the sun out of your little one’s eyes whether they are sitting in the toddler seat or laying in the bassinet.
It also has a removable tray with a cup holder that your little one can get plenty of use out of. As some similar modular pram strollers either have a bar or nothing like this, that’s a big bonus for some little ones.
The durable tough tires can move effortlessly over different kinds of terrain and feature 360-degree swivel so it takes little effort to move the stroller. They are fully inflatable, anti-prick, and super absorbent of shocks to make every ride smooth and comfortable for your child.
Just in case the tray isn’t enough of an added bonus, the stroller also comes with a foot warmer cover, wrist strap, and mosquito net. While the Cynebaby Compact Pram Stroller isn’t a jogger stroller, it does have the tires you will need for lots of use and with less wear and tear.
It can be folded down in just a couple of easy steps and then pulled behind you. It can be used for children up to 50 pounds and at this time, you can primarily find the Cynebaby Compact Pram Stroller on Amazon.
- The wheels provide a smooth and easy ride for both kids and the parent or caregiver.
- It comes with an insulated cover to cover your baby in the bassinet during the colder months.
- The stroller is also easy to put together the first time.
- Steering this stroller is a breeze thanks to the swivel air-filled tires that aren’t made of flimsy foam.
- The stroller is pretty heavy for most parents.
- It’s also bulky when folded up and might take up the majority of some car trunks.
- There isn’t an available attachment to use a car seat with this stroller, as is the case with others, like the Chicco Urban Stroller.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no recent or current recalls on the Cynebaby Compact Pram Stroller.
Final Thoughts on the Chicco Urban Stroller
Modular strollers are useful in so many ways. They are made to adapt to babies’ needs and offer so many versatile ways to use them. With the Chicco Urban Stroller, you have six ways to keep your baby safe and comfortable and can use the stroller for literal years before your little one grows out of it.
Because of its versatility, longevity, and the fact that it is compatible with some Chicco car seats, the Chicco Urban Stroller is easily one of the most tops of the line modular strollers you could possibly want for your baby as he or she grows.
- UPPABaby Vista Stroller Review – Features, Pros, Cons…
- Britax B Ready vs UPPAbaby Vista – Which is the Best Lightweight Stroller?
- Top 7 Best Travel Strollers – the Lightest and Safest Strollers for Your Baby
- Best Jogging Stroller Travel Systems