The good news is that themight be the only stroller you’ll ever need. The not so great news is that even so, some families might find the $389 retail price out of their comfort zone for their stroller budget. But price aside, there are so many things that it offers in terms of safety, longevity, and just overall design that might make it worth that price tag in the long run, Especially if it does indeed end up being the only stroller you use, since there is as well.
The Burley Solstice is designed to be used well into the toddler years, and in this case, up to 75 pounds and 44 inches tall, which could be as large as your toddler gets before they no longer need or even want a stroller. It also has a coil spring suspension that softens the feel of any bumps as you walk or jog with it, absorbing the bumps or jagged spots in the sidewalk. It also has an easy to secure five-point harness system and padded seat comfortable enough to fit a child of any size in the recommended range. Where safety, comfort, and longevity are all concerned, the Burley Solstice offers a lot. On Amazon, you can find the jogger for $359, but check out the latest discounts here!
- 1 Features of the Burley Solstice Jogger
- 2 Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
- 3 BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX Stroller
- 4 Baby Jogger City Mini GT Stroller
- 5 Thule Urban Glide
- 6 Final Thoughts
Features of the Burley Solstice Jogger
- It has a truly smooth ride: The Burley Solstice has sturdy air-filled tires that are a lot less likely to swivel and jam up, as some tend to do when going around curves or going fast. It also has a coil-spring suspension system that, with the coiled springs below the seat, helps the stroller to absorb any bumps along the way instead of tripping over them.
- The safety is tested and proven: It was specifically tested and inspected for any sharp edges or small parts that could be harmful to babies or toddlers, as well as assurance that there are non-toxic chemicals used throughout the stroller. It also holds up to the U.S. Stroller Safety Standards of ASTM F833-13b which ensures that the Burley Solstice jogger has been tested in every area for overall safety.
- There are adjustments for caregivers too: With one hand, fold flat system, storing the stroller away or sliding it into your trunk is a little easier. The Burley Solstice also has a foot brake and extra large storage basket underneath. Plus, the adjustment points throughout the jogger are in yellow, making them immediately visible to caregivers.
- Comfort is a big deal: The five-point harness is designed to fit babies and toddlers as they grow and the reclining seat goes back far enough to allow them to rest on longer walks. The jogger also has a sun canopy that extends to keep the sun out of your child’s face at the front too and the padded seat and cover goes all the way down to the foot rest.
- The Burley Solstice can be folded with one hand, while the seat padding can also be adjusted with just one hand.
- Being able to use the jogger from the time your child is a baby until they’re well into their toddler years is a huge plus.
- The canopy is larger than most, providing ample sun coverage.
- It folds forward, which is a lot easier to do with one hand and can be stored lying flat or standing upright.
- The front tire is inflatable but finding a pump that fits it might be difficult.
- At $359 on Amazon, it’s a price tag not everyone can afford for a jogger stroller.
- While the seat reclines far back, some parents might find that it goes back almost too far for their child to be comfortable in that position.
How Others Compare
Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
Theis designed to be a jogger that you can use for any other occasion as well since it’s lightweight compared to other strollers of the same kind. The stroller itself is less than 27 pounds and can hold children up to 75 pounds, which means that like the Birley Solstice, the Joovy 360 Ultralight jogging stroller can be utilized until your child grows out of strollers altogether.
The front wheel swivels for a smooth ride, but can also be locked into place to better suit you during running or power walking. There’s also sock absorbent suspension built into the front and rear wheels. And once more, like the Burley Solstice jogger, the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight jogging stroller has an oversized canopy for optimum protection from the sun. On Amazon,.
- A tire pump is included to fill the Joovy 360 Ultralight’s tires as needed.
- A car seat adapter can be purchased separately to truly get use out of the stroller from the very beginning.
- The auto lock feature makes it easy to fold and transport.
- The high riding seat has a five-point harness for safety and comfort.
- As your child grows, they may or may not be able to sit comfortably if their head touches the top of the canopy, as the seat sits relatively high.
- The Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight folds easily, but not very compact.
- The storage basket isn’t very big and also as a bar that crosses over it, making it difficult to access.
BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX Stroller
Theis an all-terrain jogger meant for pretty much any conditions on the ground. The sturdy front wheel can lock for longer periods of travel or remain in swivel mode to enable the stroller to be smoothly pushed around corners. Not only is the seat ventilated with a five-point safety harness, but for adults, the handlebar has nine different positions for your comfort as well.
A one-handed recline button makes reclining the seat easy, while there’s also a fully upright seating position for your baby or toddler as they ride in the BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX. Since it is a jogger, a wrist strap offers added security while on the go and the stroller also has a convenient foot brake. Because it’s an all-terrain jogger, the suspension systems offers three inches of travel support and two different stages of weight support. On Amazon,
- The adjustable handlebar makes it easy for parents to more comfortably alternate between pushing it.
- When jogging, the ride of the BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX stroller is smooth, even over rough terrain.
- It also comes in a double stroller version.
- There’s a quick release design to make attaching and reattaching the front and rear wheels easy when you want to store or transport the jogger.
- The price tag of $450 might not be realistic for some families.
- Even though there is an upright sitting position, it then makes the actual seat more narrow and harder for larger kids to fit comfortably.
- Although there’s a foot brake, some parents might prefer the hand brake that other joggers have.
Baby Jogger City Mini GT Stroller
Thecomes in 10 different color combinations, but that’s just one aspect of the stroller, though it’s sure to be important to some parents. It’s also made to travel over sidewalks and sand alike and be transported in and out of cars with ease. Although it’s not recommended to actual jogging, the City Mini GT can be used for longer walks and does some equipped with all terrain wheels.
With a 65 pound weight limit, the Baby Jogger City Mini GT stroller will be one your baby enjoys well into toddlerhood. It will also be one you’ll enjoy, thanks to its self-folding technology that makes sure the stroller auto locks once it’s folded down completely. It also has an adjustable handlebar for caregivers of varying heights and a plush seat for your little one’s comfort. On Amazon,
- You can lift a strip with one hand and watch the City Mini fold into itself with ease.
- Although it’s not intended for actual jogging, the stroller has a convenient hand-operated brake.
- It’s easy to assemble, but also feels sturdy enough to use for long periods of time.
- Since the wheels aren’t too large, storing it in a trunk leaves more room for other things, instead of the stroller taking up the entire space.
- The storage basket underneath the Baby Jogger City Mini GT stroller might seem smaller to some.
- It’s easy enough to close, but might be trickier to actually open.
- Even though it’s advertised as a jogger the manufacturer also recommends not using the City Mini GT for jogging.
Thule Urban Glide
Thehas the immediate look of an authentic jogger, complete with three large tires, including a front swivel one. It also has rear suspension to absorb any rough sidewalks or terrain and can work in keeping the ride as smooth as possible for your baby or toddler. The storage basket on the bottom is zippered to keep any belongings or snacks dry and out of direct sunlight, while the ergonomic handlebar adjusts to different heights for your convenience.
With the Thule Urban Glide, you also get a comfortable and padded seat for your little one as well as a large canopy to shield them from the sun. The lightweight nature of the stroller is designed to make it as easy as possible to move with the Thule Urban Glide and there’s also a one-handed folding system. On Amazon,
- It has a front fender to shield the other parts of the stroller from any mid splatters.
- There’s an easy folding system that enables you to quickly fold and then store the lightweight stroller.
- The padded seat has a vented top for airflow and reclines all the way back in case toddlers get too tired sitting upright on the Thule Urban Glide.
- There are two netted pockets on the inside of the seat for the storage of small items, like snacks, toys, or bottles.
- There’s a rubber clasp, rather than a sturdier plastic one, that holds the stroller closed when folded.
- The Thule Urban Glide is lightweight enough, but it’s also long, making turning in tight spaces kind of awkward.
- The foot brake takes a little force to lock into place.
The Burley Solstice jogger is designed to act as an appropriate jogger type of stroller while being your everyday stroller as well. Compared to some of its competitors, the jogger offers a lot in terms of safety. Where the main facet of some other strollers might be their easy to fold aspects or adjustable handlebars, the Burley Solstice clearly spends a lot of effort in safety and comfort for little ones. That’s not to say that the other little characteristic isn’t important, but the Burley Solstice jogger has important values it seems to remain dedicated to.