Last Updated on
For some parents, it’s important to have a practical jogger stroller to use from the start. For others, however, it’s more about style and functionality rather than something as specific as a jogger, which can sometimes take up a considerable amount of room. That’s where the Bugaboo Cameleon3 Classic comes in.
The stroller was clearly designed with both versatility and appearance in mind. And sometimes, those are both plenty necessary in choosing the right stroller for your baby. A bulky stroller can make traveling difficult, and if you choose one that has characters printed on the fabric, it can border on tacky more than anything. With the Bugaboo Cameleon3 Classic you get a stylish stroller that also happens to be multi-use, so it really is a win-win situation. Or, considering the different uses the stroller offers, it’s more like win-win-win.
You can use the stroller for your infant right from the first time you want to take them on a walk thanks to the infant carrier seat that’s attached to the stroller. When you get to your destination, you can even keep your baby in the carrier while he or she sleeps or lounges. Then, you can attach the infant seat to the stroller once again.
When your baby grows out of the infant carrier seat completely, they can then transition to the actual seat in the stroller. And luckily for toddlers, the seat has three positions, so your little one can lie down, sit up, or lounge at an angle. And although the Bugaboo Cameleon3 Classic isn’t a jogger stroller, the wheels, and suspension to make it an all-terrain stroller. There’s even a convenient hand brake, should you need it. You can purchase the stroller on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- 1 2017 UPPAbaby Vista
- 2 Joolz Geo2 Complete
- 3 Wonder Buggy Stork 2-In-1 Deluxe Urban Carry Cot
- 4 Final Thoughts
- It has a reversible seat that can either face inward or outward.
- Your child can use it from birth up to 36 months old, or 37.5 pounds.
- There’s a hand brake in case you need to make sudden stops, whether you’re going straight, uphill, or downhill.
- It also has a relatively lightweight frame, which makes it easy to carry and take with you on the go.
- The front of the Bugaboo Cameleon3 has a carrying handle on the front in case you need to pick it up in a pinch.
- You can use the stroller and bassinet separately from each other too.
- It has an adjustable suspension to help your baby get the smoothest ride possible.
- Your child can use it from infancy all the way to toddlerhood.
- The multi-recline seat adds comfort for toddlers who prefer to nap on long rides in the stroller.
- Overall, it has excellent maneuverability as well, especially for a stroller that isn’t specifically designed to be a jogger.
- It’s also compatible with some car seats if you’d rather attach yours to it rather than use the bassinet that comes with the stroller.
- The cost may be a little steep for some families, even with the benefits that come with the Cameleon3.
- The stroller folds down, but it’s a two-piece folding system, which can be bothersome.
- If the suspension setting is set lower on certain terrain, the ride may not be as smooth, making it more difficult to push and turn the stroller.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
In 2013, there was a recall for this particular stroller due to the front carrying handle breaking.
How Others Compare
2017 UPPAbaby Vista
In order to get the very most out of the 2017 UPPAbaby VISTA you might have to invest a little more money in all of the accessories and attachments, but overall, they seem worth the added cost.
At its core, the stroller is designed to grow with your baby from infancy to the toddler years, but you can actually get use out of it if you have two babies, or a baby and a toddler, or even three little ones. Yes, three children can potentially use this stroller all at once, You’d simply need to purchase another baby or toddler seat to attach to the base of the stroller and the PiggyBack ride along board. It all makes the 2017 UPPAbaby VISTA more versatile than almost any other stroller out there.
The bassinet is suitable for babies from birth to 20 pounds, and the toddler seat is for little ones from three months old all the way up to 50 pounds. And for a stroller to offer that kind of longevity is pretty impressive on its own. It also has a double shock-absorbing suspension and multi-position recline that can be adjusted with one hand. You can find the stroller on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The frame of the stroller folds up easily and compact enough to fit in most trunks with ease and with some room left over.
- It glides so smoothly that you can even operate the stroller with just one hand.
- It’s also slim and sleek enough to maneuver in and out of large crowds and fit through most doorways.
- You can use it for your child from infancy and even if you have more than one small child, you’ll be able to get use out of it.
- Once folded up, the stroller can’t stand on its own, which can be annoying for some.
- Folding it, can be difficult to get the hang of, as well as unfolding the stroller’s frame each time.
- There’s no handle anywhere on the stroller to pick it up and put it in the trunk when you need to.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
In 2017, there was a recall for the UPPAbaby RumbleSeats adapters.
Joolz Geo2 Complete
The Joolz Geo2 Complete is another stroller that can be used for multiples if converted correctly and with the right accessories sold separately. But if you just need it for your one child, it’s plenty useful in that area as well.
It’s designed for babies and toddlers alike and your infant can use the bassinet seat until they’re ready for the transition. Like other similar strollers, the wheels help make the Joolz Geo2 Complete Stroller able to roll over different kinds of terrain, including pavement, dirt, and sand. This means that you definitely won’t be limited when you go on walks with your infant or toddler.
The toddler seat is also at the table level, so if you need to stop off for lunch, you won’t even necessarily have to take your child out of the stroller to do so. It also has one motion folding to make collapsing it down a breeze and you can use the toddler handlebar as a handle to pick it up and put it in your trunk if needed. There’s also an extra large storage basket underneath the stroller that can be taken out and carried if you need to fill it or use it for anything else. The stroller is available on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The basket underneath is so large that you can easily put some groceries along with your diaper bag.
- Folding up and then setting up the stroller is a breeze for most parents.
- The stroller can easily fit through store and restaurant doors, which can be difficult for larger strollers that are meant to do the same thing otherwise.
- Since the bassinet converts to the seat, you won’t have to worry about finding somewhere to store the bassinet once you fold up the stroller.
- Even with appropriate car seat adapters, the Joolz Geo2 Complete Stroller may not be compatible with them.
- If you do decide to try and use it as a double stroller, you’ll have to get rid of the storage basket underneath.
- The stroller itself might be a little heavy for some parents or caregivers to carry or transport.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no current or recent recalls for this particular stroller.
Wonder Buggy Stork 2-In-1 Deluxe Urban Carry Cot
Your baby can go from riding in the bassinet in the stroller to using the toddler seat as they grow, so you’ll get literal years of use out of it. Although it can be difficult to figure out how to fold it down properly, the stroller does offer a relatively compact fold to put away or keep in your trunk when it’s not in use.
The seat itself is made to swivel 360 degrees so your child can face virtually any direction while in the bassinet or toddler seat. Although it’s not a jogger stroller by any means, the tires make it easy to move over different terrain and there’s a linked brake to put in place when necessary. For your child’s safety, there’s a five-point harness and you can even remove the hood to wash it. You can primarily find the stroller on Amazon.
- It’s considerably less expensive than some other similar strollers but offers many of the same perks.
- The canopy has a mesh window to allow you to see your infant and to also allow for some airflow.
- The storage basket underneath is spacious and also has a cover over it.
- When in bassinet mode, there is an attached cover that will keep your baby shielded from the elements as he or she lays in it.
- The canopy doesn’t go very far, so it may not do the best job of shielding your child from the sun throughout the day.
- Since you can only buy the stroller on Amazon, you wouldn’t be able to see it in any capacity firsthand before purchasing it.
- It can be difficult to figure out how to fold it down when it’s not in use.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no recent or current recalls for this stroller.
The Bugaboo Cameleon3 Classic certainly isn’t the only stroller of its kind, but when compared to others, it does stand out. Its stylish design alone is enough to attract some parents to it, but it can also be used for multiple children at once, which definitely puts it above some others.
The fact that you can use it for infants as well as toddlers gives you plenty of years of use out of it, which is another added bonus. But it also has excellent maneuverability, especially for a stroller that isn’t a jogger. The biggest downside for the Bugaboo Cameleon3 Classic is its price, which is more than other similar strollers, but overall, the stroller has so much to offer.