A stroller is easily one of the most important baby products you will buy. Of course a safe car seat and comfortable crib are both important, but next on your list is likely a stroller for your infant. And once you’ve narrowed it down to the Britax B Ready vs B Agile Stroller, which are both from the same brand, you will need to look a little closer to determine which one is best.
Both strollers are unique and strong in their own ways and they can keep your baby comfortable and safe while giving you peace of mind. But as with any baby products, choosing between these two isn’t going to be as easy as simply picking the least expensive or easier to find an option.
Instead, you will need to look at them both closely to figure out what you are looking for in a stroller and what your baby will need.
Honestly, both strollers offer plenty in terms of safety and comfort, but if you are wondering which stroller to choose between the Britax B Ready and the B Agile Stroller, you have come to the right place.
If the price is your main deciding factor, then you might want to go with the Britax B Ready, which is a little more affordable than the B Agile. But cost probably shouldn’t be the only deciding factor for you, especially since this stroller will likely be used a lot in the first few months of your baby’s life.
If you’re looking for a stroller that is a little more lightweight, which can make traveling a little easier, the B Agile weights just 18 pounds, which is 10 less than the Britax B Ready. Then again, the Britax B Ready has a three-wheel design which makes it easy to maneuver in and out of tight spaces and crowds.
It might be a little intimidating to compare similar strollers from the same brand, but you’ve gotten this far in narrowing down your search, so you might as well see it through to figure out which one your family really needs. At the end of the day, you want something safe, affordable, and comfortable, and when you look closely at both of these strollers, you will find the stronger option for your little one.
Britax B Ready Stroller
The Britax B Ready Stroller isn’t a double stroller exactly, but as the name would suggest, it makes you “ready” for almost anything. Including the addition of another little one. As in, you can use it with two car seats at once if necessary. But you can still use it as a single stroller with the same smooth maneuverability.
The maneuverability is thanks in part to the rubber, no-flat tires the stroller is equipped with. It also has a quick foldability that allows you to fold the stroller down to a near flat position, even if there are two seats attached to it. Plus, there are four recline positions and an adjustable handlebar to accommodate different parents and caregivers.
There are 12 different seating options to give your little one a wide range of ways to sit in the stroller, whether it is in the seat as a bassinet, the stroller seat itself, or their car seat. Speaking of which, the B Ready is compatible with both Britax and BOB car seats, so you can click in and go. You also get extra storage underneath the seat with access from all sides and an enclosed net on the front to prevent little ones’ feet from hanging in the storage basket.
It is a little heavier and larger than the B Agile, but some parents may prefer the sturdy feel and roominess it provides to not one but two little ones.
- Set-up And Take Down: You can fold it down and set it back up with just one hand and your car seat can click into place to secure your little one.
- Seating Features: There are 12 different ways to seat your little one, whether they are sitting up in the stroller, laying in the bassinet, or safely buckled in their car seat.
- Child Age Range: The stroller is for little ones up to 55 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on Amazon or in-store at Target and Buy Buy Baby.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There is a 2016 armbar recall for the B Ready Stroller.
- There are so many different seating options for your growing baby and toddler to be comfortable and safe.
- It folds down with easy, even with two seats still attached.
- You can use wither your BOB or Britax car seat with the stroller, making it a legitimate travel system.
- The canopy is larger than you’ll find with most other car seats for maximum UV coverage.
- The storage basket underneath is quite large, especially compared to other Britax strollers.
- Adding a second seat does take up some of that storage space underneath the stroller.
- Overall, it is a relatively large and bulky stroller, which can be a deterrent for some parents.
- The B Ready is also pretty heavy, which can be hard to manage with an infant in tow.
Versatile design, no flat rubber tires, and double seating with the same mobility as a single stroller. Quick fold with 1 or 2 seats attached; 12 seating options when paired with the B Ready Bassinet, Britax Infant Car Seats, or B Ready Second Seat (all sold separately).
“Fantastic Stroller, best part is the ease of unfolding it and folding it. Quick, easy and painless. Was one of the only strollers where the front wheels would always be in contact with the ground as you unfolded it. Which means you don’t need to lift or pick it up at all to unfold it. You can simply pull the handlebar towards you and the front wheels automatically “shoot out” while the stroller is folded and sitting upright on the ground. Great design. Smooth rolling too.” – Ryan Chernochan on Amazon.
“I love this stroller. I am so happy with the purchase! Perfect as a double stroller. I originally bought the Britax Double in hopes that it would fit the infant car seat on one side but it didn’t. I returned the double for the B-ready despite the price. I was even more happy that I received the green color at an even bigger discount just because of the color! And it’s beautiful. Easy to put together and fits the b-agile 35 infant car seat perfectly. Rides smoothly and goes over bumps well.” – Lisa Gawenda on Amazon.
Britax B Agile Stroller
The Britax B Agile Stroller has its similarities to the B Ready, but the one big difference is its three-wheel design. This makes it a little easier to maneuver the stroller in and out of tight spaces and makes it more comfortable for both you and baby to go on long walks.
At 18 pounds, it’s also lightweight enough to take with you pretty much anywhere and it has a one-handed pull-up fold design. Unfortunately, it doesn’t offer as many seating options as the B Ready, but it can still be used with little ones up to 55 pounds. Plus, it can be used with any Britax car seat.
It’s made with a lightweight aluminum frame and it just feels and looks a lot sleeker than other similar three-wheel strollers.
It has an extra-large canopy to give your baby ample coverage from the elements and there is added suspension to keep your baby sleeping through little bumps in the sidewalk as you push the stroller. Plus, there are multiple seat recline options to get them in the best position possible. It’s really no surprise that the B Agile keeps comfort, safety, and ease of use in mind.
- Set-up And Take Down: You can take down the stroller with the one-handed quick fold and then pull up to set it up with ease.
- Seating Features: The seat has four different recline options and you can use any Britax car seat with the stroller.
- Child Age Range: It’s designed for little ones up to 55 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby and Target.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There was a 2017 recall on the Britax B Agile Stroller.
- It’s easy to maneuver in tight spaces and with one hand as well.
- The suspension makes for an overall smooth ride for both you and your little one.
- You can easily push down on the brake lock with your foot, which is a nice change of pace from other similar strollers when it might be harder to push down.
- It also comes with a safe five-point harness.
- You can use any Britax car seat with the stroller.
- The storage basket underneath isn’t very large, especially when compared to that of the Britax B Ready.
- It is a little pricier than the B Ready.
- If you want a cup holder or tray accessory for your little one when they get a little older, you will have to purchase those separately.
“My wife is extremely pleased with this stroller. This stroller is for my third child so we have some good experience with strollers. The closing and opening functions are easy to use. The wheels are very easy to navigate with. Highly recommended!” – Seany Florida on Amazon.
“This Britax Stroller is very easy to put them together. Assembly is effortless and I didn’t need any tools. The wheel friction is next to zero – simply amazing. The best comparison I can make is even better than a brand new Target shopping cart. There is a foot brake on the right side that locks the rear wheels. When locked, the only way to forcibly shove it forward to skid the wheels across the floor. There are a pair of front wheels to make turns and they can continuously rotate in any direction.” – M. Cox on Amazon.
When can you put a baby in Britax Stroller?
If you already own a car seat for newborns, you can easily attach it to the Britax Stoller, especially with these two designs and you can travel safely with your little one. The original seat is designed for babies less than 55 lbs and it is best to use it if your little one has already gained neck and head control.
How to clean a Britax Stroller?
Many parts of the Britax Stroller can be taken apart, however, the company does not advise taking them out, since they can shrink a bit and not be able to be placed in their original position accordingly. Thus, it is always best to use soap and clothes to remove dirt, and when it comes to hard-reaching areas, you can always use a small brush.
Nobody ever said that choosing a stroller was easy. Likewise, no one ever claimed that choosing between two almost identical strollers would be simple to do before your little one arrives. But when it all comes down to it, the stronger option between these two strollers would have to be the Britax B Agile Stroller.
It is lightweight and folds down easily with just one hand. You can also connect any Britax car seat to it, but if you have the bassinet, you can choose from tons of different ways to use the stroller for your little one at every stage.
Like the B Ready, it can hold little ones up to 55 pounds, but unlike the B Ready, the B Agile is a three-wheel stroller that is also relatively compact. The B Ready is actually quite large and some families with smaller trunk space may have a hard time sliding it in when it’s not in use. Overall, both strollers are fine options, but the clear choice here is the Britax B Agile.
As mundane as it might seem to go through each and every little detail on these Britax strollers, it’s what you need to do in order to find the right stroller for your little one. It can be the difference between choosing a comfortable and long lasting stroller and going with one that becomes almost a headache to use.
When you are going to drop more than $300 on a stroller, regardless of how long you’ll be able to use it, you need to look at it from every angle. And after looking at these, you can see that the Britax B Agile Stroller won’t steer you wrong.