- Best Cyber Monday Baby Deals 2022: Strollers, Car Seats - November 29, 2022
- Huggies Snug and Dry vs Little Snugglers: Which Diaper is Best? - November 7, 2022
- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles : Which is Better? - October 12, 2022
When it comes to baby products, the goal is to always buy with confidence and knowledge, so you aren’t stuck buying more of the same product somewhere down the line if you don’t have to. With the stroller, the same goal is true in most cases.
But since there’s a big difference between regular strollers and umbrella strollers, it’s always convenient to have one of each regardless.
And if you can find one of the best umbrella stroller for tall parents out there that work for your family, then all the better to make the decision easier right off the bat. To make that decision even simpler for you, these are some of the best umbrella strollers for tall parents who may need them for quick errands or amusement park trips, or any time when a bulkier stroller is too much of a hassle.
Most of the time, an umbrella stroller is the most convenient when you’re traveling through big crowds and need to be able to maneuver more easily. It’s also, for the most part, very lightweight, especially compared to jogging strollers or otherwise larger strollers.
Folding it up to place in your truck or even back car seat can be a breeze and getting it out to unfold again is also usually a lot easier than doing so with other more complicated baby stroller systems.
Of course, they aren’t great for longer periods since they aren’t as comfortable or have a large storage basket as other strollers, but the best umbrella strollers will get the job done in certain situations.
- 1 1. Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller
- 2 2. Chicco C6 Stroller
- 3 3. Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller
- 4 4. Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller
- 5 5. Graco Travelite Umbrella Stroller
- 6 6. J Is For Jeep Brand Scout AL Sport Stroller
- 7 7. Evezo Travis Ultra Lightweight Plus Reclining Compact Stroller
- 8 8. Delta Children LX Stroller
- 9 Final Thoughts about Stroller for Tall Parents
On the surface, the Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller might look like your standard umbrella stroller, but it definitely has the comfort and features to rival that of an ordinary one.
From a parent or caregiver standpoint, there are two convenient cup holders and easy to grip handles to steer the stroller properly at any time.
There’s also a foot-activated brake that can be done easily and a storage basket underneath. The seat itself has enough padding to keep your baby or toddler comfortable, as opposed to canvas seating of more standard umbrella strollers. It also has a five-point safety harness to keep your little one strapped adequately in throughout each ride. And unlike other strollers of the same kind, it even has a reclining seat to some degree.
- Child Weight Limit: The weight limit for this stroller or 50 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find primarily find it on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The fact that the car seat can recline slightly is convenient for babies or toddlers who want to sleep during longer rides in the stroller.
- The Not So Great: The umbrella itself doesn’t go out very far to provide enough coverage for some kids.
First of all, the Chicco C6 Stroller is lightweight at just 11 pounds, so right off the bat, it’s convenient for pretty much any parent, regardless of their height. It also has a carrying bag with a strap so when you fold it up, it’ll be as easy as possible to take it anywhere with you.
And while the front wheels swivel, they also have locks to keep them from moving, which offers a steadier ride for more extended periods. For your child’s safety and comfort, there’s not only a five-point harness but also an all-wheel suspension to keep the ride smooth for the most part. The storage basket underneath offers some storage options and the handles are unique in their design and can be easier to grip for some parents or caregivers.
- Child Weight Limit: It can be used for children up to 37 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: Since it’s so lightweight, it’s probably the easiest portable umbrella stroller there is.
- The Not So Great: It can be awkward to fold up the stroller together along with the sunshade.
Although the Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller has an aluminum frame, it’s designed to be lightweight regardless, which adds to the many conveniences of it. Part of what makes it such a standout umbrella stroller, however, is the fact that its umbrella also has a special sun visor attached to it, meant to provide an added shield from the sun for your little one.
The rear wheels can be locked when not in use, while the front wheels are anti-shock, so you can be sure that your baby or toddler will get a comfortable, safe, and steady ride. Folding it up is also a breeze, and it has an auto-lock to prevent it from opening back up once you fold it down. For your baby’s comfort and safety, it has four different recline seating positions and of course a five-point safety harness.
- Child Weight Limit: The stroller is suitable for children up to 50 pounds.
- Where To Buy: It’s available on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon.
- The Best Part: It has a compact fold, including the umbrella.
- The Not So Great: The shoulder pads on the safety straps come off easily, so it’s easy to misplace them accidentally.
The 3D Lite Convenience Stroller is a durable stroller that has a lightweight and stylish aluminum frame and is one of the lightest and most feature-rich convenience strollers on the market. With an easy-to-fold frame and carry strap, you can be on the go or stow and go with ease.
The Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller might be another umbrella stroller that folds to a compact and lightweight size, but it also seems like one that can be used in place of a standard stroller too.
To fold it up, you use the one-handed button, and it will fold up to stand on its own in the folded position. As far as keeping the sun out of your little one’s face, the canopy has three tiers, and like other similar strollers, it has multiple recline positions and a standard but necessary five-point harness for your growing child. Plus, you’ll get a spacious storage basket underneath and two cup holders along the top handlebar for easy access.
- Child Weight Limit: The stroller is designed for children up to 50 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find it on Amazon.
- The Best Part: It’s big enough to have substantial storage space underneath, but still folds up slim enough to fit well in your car.
- The Not So Great: folding up the stroller can be difficult, especially for new parents.
This Kolcraft lightweight stroller is designed for the family on the go. (only 11.8lbs!) Perfect for traveling and day trips with a convenient one-hand compact fold and multi-position reclining seat. Large, easy-access storage basket for all of baby’s necessities and child tray for baby’s enjoyment.
It’s a given that the Graco Travelite Umbrella Stroller has convenient handles for you, as the parent or caregiver, to hold onto, but it also has a removable bar that’s placed in front of the seat for your little one to hold onto.
As your child grows, you can use either the three or five-point harness to keep them safely buckles and strapped in and just in case they want to feel even more secure; they can use the handlebar that goes across the front of the stroller for them.
The front swivel wheels can be locked into place when needed, so you can take the stroller on long walks without the worry of your wheels getting jammed, which is always a concern when using umbrella strollers.
- Child Weight Limit: It can be used for children up to 40 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: It has a convenient recline capability for your baby or toddler to nap n the stroller while you walk.
- The Not So Great: While it’s very sturdy, it is relatively heavy for an umbrella stroller.
The Graco TraveLite Stroller is a lightweight stroller offering mom easy portability thanks to its quick and compact fold with storage latch that keeps the stroller folded. The carry handle makes taking the TraveLite stroller out even easier.
Finding an umbrella stroller with great suspension can sometimes be hard, especially since these particular strollers aren’t typically meant for going on longer walks than usual. But with the J is for Jeep Brand Scout AL Sport Stroller, that’s what you get.
You also get an extendable canopy, meant to do more for your child in shielding them from the sun than the average umbrella stroller. The seat itself can recline to multiple positions, and there’s even a convenient cup holder for parents to access easily next to one of the handles. The storage basket underneath isn’t huge, but since the stroller folds up nicely and easily, it can be forgiven for that oversight.
- Child Weight Limit: The stroller is safe for children up to 50 pounds.
- Where To Buy: It’s available on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Target and Walmart.
- The Best Part: It’s both compact and lightweight enough to take pretty much anywhere with ease.
- The Not So Great: As far as actual comfort goes, this may not be the best one for long walks or if you need to use the stroller for all-day outings.
The crowning achievement of the Evezo Travis Ultra Lightweight Plus Reclining Compact Stroller is clearly its canopy. You can extend it to drop down as far as possible over the front of the stroller to truly shield your child from the elements, which is a convenient and overall helpful quality.
It also has an adjustable footrest for your growing child, and with the five-point safety harness, you won’t have to worry too much about their safety, along with their comfort. Again, these are easily some of the more essential qualities of any stable umbrella stroller to have. Plus, you’ll get a cup holder, and your little one will have a bar they can hold onto.
- Child Weight Limit: It’s designed for children up to 40 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find it on Amazon at this time.
- The Best Part: The canopy is not only large enough to protect your child from rain or shine, but it also has a peekaboo vented window.
- The Not So Great: Once folded, the strap that is designed to keep the stroller folded can sometimes unhook on its own.
The Delta Children LX Stroller is one of those umbrella strollers that is meant to grow along with your child. There are multiple recline positions and an adjustable footrest to accommodate your little girl or boy as they grow from baby to toddler and there’s also a five-point harness and padded shoulder straps for added safety and comfort.
The front wheels have 360-degree shock absorption to withstand some bumps in the sidewalk or slightly rougher terrain than you might be used to. Of course, this particular stroller isn’t meant to be taken off-road or on jogs, but it can stand longer walks better than some other similar umbrella strollers.
- Child Weight Limit: It’s designed for children up to 45 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find this particular stroller on Amazon.
- The Best Part: It’s relatively easy to fold and unfold each time you need it.
- The Not So Great: Since the canopy portion is attached with Velcro, it can seem a little flimsy at times.
Final Thoughts about Stroller for Tall Parents
One of the common misconceptions about most umbrella strollers is that they’re uncomfortable for little ones. But if you can find the right one, and provided that you don’t use it for too long at a time, it can still have some comforts for your child and be a suitable stroller for tall parents at the same time. As these particular umbrella strollers have proven, you don’t have to sacrifice comfort for convenience.
There’s also the possibility that your toddler could grow out of the stroller for tall parents sooner than with a jogging stroller, but some umbrella strollers really can accommodate growing children well, even if they’re older or bigger. Luckily, there are a ton of different options when it comes to finding the right one for your family.
- Summer Infant 3D Mini Convenience Stroller vs Jeep North Star Stroller: Which is Best?
- How to find the Best Stroller for Your Needs? Detailed guide.
- Evenflo Otto Self Folding Stroller Review: Is It as Good as They Say?