Babies might enjoy warm or tepid milk or formula, but the truth of the matter is that water is best when cold. It’s also so much more refreshing, and if adults get that, then little ones probably understand that too. That being said, you’d do well to choose the best stainless steel toddler cup for your child to last him or her as long as possible while also making their ice water last extra long too.
More and more, water bottles and reusable straw cups are being designed with stainless steel bodies. And when it comes to toddler cups and toddler sippy cups, there are plenty of options there as well. Your toddler can enjoy a cold cup of ice water on a hot day or when playing outside without the worry of the ice melting and quickly giving way to warm water.
Of course, you can get really out any cold beverage in the cup, but either way, there’s no reason why a toddler shouldn’t reap the benefits of a stainless steel cup.
- 1 1. Munchkin Miracle Stainless Steel 360 Sippy Cup
- 2 2. BravaWare Stainless Steel Cups And Silicone Sippy Lids
- 3 3. Chillout Life Stainless Steel Cups For Kids
- 4 4. Housavvy Stainless Steel Sippy Cup
- 5 5. Kid Basix Original Stainless Steel Sippy Cup
- 6 6. Thermos Foogo Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Sippy Cup
- 7 7. Thinkbaby Sippy Of Steel
1. Munchkin Miracle Stainless Steel 360 Sippy Cup
Munchkin is home to many different toddler sippy cups and even bottles, but the Munchkin Miracle Stainless Steel 360 Sippy Cup takes things to the next level.
It has a similar rim to the original plastic 360 cup that is nearly no-spill and that your child can drink out of from any side. But in this case, while the rim is still made of soft, flexible rubber material, the rest of the cup is stainless steel and can keep drinks cool for hours. The cup also comes with a lid for traveling and to prevent spills.
And since it’s designed without a spout, you won’t have to worry about any long-term effects the edge will have on your toddler’s teeth.
- Capacity: The cup can hold up to 10 ounces of liquid.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Target and Walmart.
- The Best Part: Although the 360 lid is meant to help prevent spills, the accompanying cap is also super convenient in doing this.
- The Not So Great: The top of the cup that is screwed on each time can sometimes come loose, especially if your child drops the cup.
- Is This Product Recalled? There are no current or recent recalls for this sippy cup.
2. BravaWare Stainless Steel Cups And Silicone Sippy Lids
The BravaWare Stainless Steel Cups And Silicone Sippy Lids come in a couple of different sizes for different aged toddlers and children, but the real genius is the cup itself. It’s BPA-free and eco-friendly and made from ultra-polished stainless steel that won’t make the contents have a metallic aftertaste.
The lids that come with the cups are made to stretch over the top simply, so there’s no screwing on involved and no handful of pieces to keep track of each time you clean the cups. They’re also spill-proof, which is a huge plus when it comes to toddler sippy cups.
- Capacity: The cups have an eight-ounce capacity.
- Where To Buy: You can buy them on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon.
- The Best Part: If you don’t want or need to use the stainless steel cup at some point, you can potentially stretch the sippy cup lids to fit over other cups in your home.
- The Not So Great: Because of the spout at the top, not a lot of liquid comes out each time your child takes a swig.
- Is This Product Recalled: There are no recent, or current recalls for the Bravaware sippy cups and lids.
3. Chillout Life Stainless Steel Cups For Kids
The Chillout Life Stainless Steel Cups for Kids aren’t sippy cups, but then again, not all toddler cups need to have silicone spouts. At some point, your little one will need to graduate to the real thing, and if you’re looking for a stainless steel cup that’s kid-friendly, this is a reliable option.
Although the entire cup is made from safe and durable stainless steel, there’s also a silicone grip sleeve all the way around the middle so your child will be less likely to drop it accidentally. Even if he or she is only holding it with one hand. And, if need be, you can also fit silicone sippy cup lids over the tops.
- Capacity: The Chillout Life cups can hold eight ounces.
- Where To Buy: You can find them on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon.
- The Best Part: The silicone sleeve around the middle of the cup makes it next to impossible to drop the cup at any given time.
- The Not So Great: With the sleeves on, it’s hard to stack and store them without taking up a bit of room.
- Is This Product Recalled: There are no current or recent recalls for this toddler cup.
4. Housavvy Stainless Steel Sippy Cup
Some toddler cups may be required to have little spouts to better transition little ones away from bottles, but the Housavvy Stainless Steel Sippy Cup with Lid and Straw comes with a convenient lid and straw. The straw may not be a sippy cup spout, but it’s another natural way for your child to drink from a cup that he or she will catch on to fairly quickly.
The straw is made of silicone, so you won’t have to worry about any potential dangers of your toddler biting or chewing on it. And when you think your toddler is ready to use the cup without a straw at all, they can drink from the small opening in the lid.
- Capacity: The Housavvy cup can hold up to 8.5 ounces of liquid.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon.
- The Best Part: The lid and straw both fit snugly with the cup, so there’s usually minimal spillage.
- The Not So Great: It can be difficult to clean inside the clear plastic lid.
- Is This Product Recalled: There are no recent, or current recalls on the cup.
5. Kid Basix Original Stainless Steel Sippy Cup
If your toddler is new to the whole toddler cup game, then the Kid Basix Original Stainless Steel Sippy Cup may be the one they should start off with. It’s still a stainless steel toddler cup to be sure, but it also has soft silicone handles for little hands to hold onto and a little sippy cup spout to drink from. It also comes with a straw adapter as well as a cap to put on top when traveling.
The protective silicone sleeve and handles can both be removed for easy cleaning, but they do provide some protection to the cup in case your child drops it.
- Capacity: It has a capacity of 11 ounces.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: The handles on either side of the cup make holding it a lot easier, especially for younger and less experienced toddlers.
- The Not So Great: It may be hard for your child to get a good suction when drinking from the straw, resulting in sucking too hard each time.
- Is This Product Recalled? There are no current or recent recalls for the Kid Basix cup.
6. Thermos Foogo Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Sippy Cup
The Thermos Foogo Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Sippy Cup is another one that’s designed with convenient soft handles on each side. This means that even your young toddler who may be fresh off the bottle can still learn how to use this particular stainless steel toddler cup.
The cup is made to keep drinks cold for up to six hours while maintaining the outside free from sweat and the inside plenty cool. It’s also the first cup in a line of three different stainless steel toddler cups that the Thermos brand offers. And if you prefer to wash it in the dishwasher, you can do so on the top rack.
- Capacity: The toddler sippy cup has a volume capacity of seven ounces.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: It’s virtually leak-proof, which can be the greatest quality of all in a toddler cup.
- The Not So Great: The cup and lid come apart for cleaning, but there are a few different pieces that it can be cumbersome to keep track of.
- Is This Product Recalled: There are no current or recent recalls for the Thermos sippy cup.
7. Thinkbaby Sippy Of Steel
The Thinkbaby Sippy Of Steel is designed for children from 9-36 months of age, so it makes sense that the spout is made to make an easy transition from the bottle. However, with its cross-cut design, it’s more or less spill-proof.
But even so, the cup comes with a cap for traveling, which makes it even more spill-proof and mess-free than it already is. And for little ones who are especially new to the stainless steel cup thing, there are easy-to-grip handles on either side of the sup.
- Capacity: It can hold up to nine ounces of liquid at a time.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: You can quickly remove the handles once your toddler is ready.
- The Not So Great: Being a larger stainless steel cup, it is a little on the heavy side for some children.
- Is This Product Recalled: Thinkbaby cups have no recent or current recalls.
The one thing to remember when choosing stainless steel up for your toddler is to steer clear of matching straws. Instead, opt for safe silicone stews that they can — and inevitably will — chew on.
Other than that, stainless steel cups are entirely safe for toddlers to drink from as often as they want or need to. If you have the choice between a plastic sippy cup that could crack or get scratched easily and a sturdy stainless steel cup, the latter is the more logical option by far.