There will come a point when your baby will no longer be eating only breast milk, which is when you will have to introduce solid foods from plastic pouches which come in different flavors: sweet potato, banana, apple sauce, butternut squash puree, yogurt mixes and lots of other combinations of fruit and veggie purees that are a lot like homemade food, only it saves you time and allow you to bring it with you even when you are going out with your little one.
Nothing says parenting quite like trying to get your baby to eat healthy foods and having him or her spit it out right after. That’s why squeeze food pouches may be the best invention yet when it comes to feeding your baby or toddler. Several brands will likely do the trick, but these are easily the eight best squeeze pouch baby foods.
Whether your little one needs more fruits or vegetables in their diet, a squeeze pouch of baby food is sure to do the trick. Not only that, but the healthy combinations of each one sometimes make it easier to sneak in vitamin-rich vegetables without a bitter or unpleasing taste.
Since you know your baby the best, you can also try plastic reusable pouches which you can make at home that will be freezer safe. Reusable pouches are definitely a cost-effective solution since you can wash them and put them to use again and again.
To some, squeeze pouch baby foods are like glorified applesauce varieties, but they really are so much more. In some cases, the pouches introduce your baby to foods that he or she may not have tried otherwise and overall, there is plenty of nutrition there too.
Since a lot of baby food brands also make organic varieties when it comes to the best baby food squeeze pouches, you can be sure that your little one is getting the best out of their solids thanks to the following best baby food squeeze pouches brands which definitely are worth considering.
- 1 1. Plum Organics Pouches
- 2 2. Sprout Organic Baby Food Pouches
- 3 3. Peter Rabbit Organics
- 4 4. Earth’s Best Organic Baby Food Puree Pouches
- 5 5. Gerber Organic 2nd Foods Pouch
- 6 6. Happy Baby Organic Baby Food Pouches
- 7 7. Mama Bear Organic Baby Food
- 8 8. Once Upon A Farm Organic
- 9 FAQ’s About Baby Pouches
- 10 Final Thoughts
1. Plum Organics Pouches
This blends use only non-GMO, organic ingredients for an organic baby food that they'll love. These Stage 1, 2, and 3 organic baby pouches are blends that are naturally preserved, unsalted, unsweetened, and kosher parve.
Plum Organics has a variety of different organic food pouches to choose from your little one’s needs. Not only that, but the Plum Organics Pouches also come in three different stages.
The first stage is for babies from four months and up, the second stage is made for babies from six months old, and the third stage is for toddlers. There’s even another option after the initial “tot” stage that includes four different ingredients.
Each pouch is made with one or more fresh and healthy ingredients for your child’s overall health and development and the best part is they can enjoy it while they are trying to eat it with a spoon independently.
If your baby or toddler just isn’t keen on the texture or strong taste of some vegetables, they’re sure to enjoy at least one of the flavors that Plum Organics offers.
- Stages: There are three different official stages, ranging from four months old to the toddler stage.
- Where To Buy: You can find them on Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: There are so many different food combinations, including some with yogurt or kale.
- The Not So Great: Some food combinations might make your baby a little bloated, gassy, or backed up, especially if they’ve never had it before.
- Is This Product Recalled?: In 2013 there was a recall for the stage 2, Tots Mish Mash, and kid varieties. There have not been any recent Plum Organics recalls, however.
2. Sprout Organic Baby Food Pouches
The first stage of Sprout Organic Baby Food Pouches is designed to introduce your baby to solids for the first time with just one ingredient each. This enables your little one to get different tastes and figure out what he or she likes.
As your baby grows, however, they can take advantage of the other stage that the brand offers. With that, your baby can try combinations of different fruits and vegetables. This not only introduces an even wider variety of healthy foods into your baby’s diet, but it will also help you sneak in vegetables for more picky babies.
- Stages: The pouches come in two stages. The first one is for babies just starting out with solids and stage two is for babies from six months old and up.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase them on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby and Target.
- The Best Part: The pouches are made without preservatives, which can give most parents peace of mind.
- The Not So Great: Since the multiple ingredient pouches can sometimes separate, you’ll need to massage the pouch before feeding it to your infant or the contents may not taste right for them.
- Is This Product Recalled?: In 2017, there was a recall on Sprout Organic Baby Food pouches, but there is not currently a recall in motion.
3. Peter Rabbit Organics
Not only do Peter Rabbit Organics organic fruit and veggie pouches not contain preservatives, but they’re also free from any added water. This means that the fruit, veggie, or combination mixed in the pouch will be chock full of everything your baby or toddler needs to go into a healthy daily diet.
You also won’t need to chill the pouches before your little one consumes them, so it’s plenty easy to toss one in your diaper bag before leaving the house for later. The different combinations in each pouch, while nutritional and unique in some ways, are also simple enough in that they’re organic and nutritional for any growing baby.
- Stages: All of the pouches are essentially suitable for babies from six months and on.
- Where To Buy: You can find them on Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: Even adults can eat these and won’t taste a watered-down or overly sweet fruit and veggie combination.
- The Not So Great: Since some of the ingredients, like pumpkin, are a little on the less common side, there’s a chance that they won’t all sit well with babies.
- Is This Product Recalled?: There aren’t any recent recalls, and no current recalls on Peter Rabbit Organics pouches.
4. Earth’s Best Organic Baby Food Puree Pouches
Unlike some other similar options, Earth’s Best Organic Baby Food Puree Pouches [/easyazon_link] are made with not only fruits and veggies, but also oatmeal and brown rice, in some cases.
You can also choose more protein-based pouches for your infant, like the chicken and mushroom option, which is fairly unique as far as squeeze pouch baby food goes. But your little one can enjoy the pouches from the time they’re six months old and ready to begin solids, so you can begin with simpler options and allow your baby to work his or her way up to the more complex and heavy squeezable baby food pouches.
- Stages: The pouches are for babies from six months and up and then from nine months and up.
- Where To Buy: You can buy them on Amazon or in-store at Target.
- The Best Part: Not only are there the standard fruit and veggie options but also heavier and more filling foods for your baby.
- The Not So Great: Depending on the baby food your little one eats, the pouch may be a little bland.
- Is This Product Recalled?: There are currently no recalls on Earth’s Best Organic Baby Food Puree Pouches.
5. Gerber Organic 2nd Foods Pouch
Continue your baby’s love of fruits & veggies Gerber 2nd foods will expose them to a variety of tastes & ingredient combinations to help them accept new flavors. Non-GMO project verified.
Gerber is a brand known for its baby foods, so of course, it’s also home to the Gerber Organic 2nd Foods Pouch. The pouches come in a variety of different fruits and vegetables, as well as beans and rice to help keep your little one fuller longer. One of the best things is that the ingredients really just include the foods that were pureed to make each pouch.
For example, the Gerber pouch of mixed carrots has one carrot in it, while the apple and blueberry mixture is made from two blackberries and one half of an apple, specifically. Since that’s what you look for in any baby food, this means that you are getting what you see on the front of the package.
- Stages: The pouches are meant for babies in the second stage only, or who are sitting up on their own.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase them on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: They’re convenient for some kids who may have some pre-existing food allergies.
- The Not So Great: The naturally sweet and sour flavors may be a little too strong for some babies.
- Is This Product Recalled?: In 2016, there was a recall on some of the Gerber Organics food pouches, but there are not currently any recalls on the pouches.
6. Happy Baby Organic Baby Food Pouches
There are a ton of options for your baby or toddler when it comes to the Happy Baby Organic Baby Food Pouches.
Front vegetables and fruits to beef, turkey, and chicken medleys, there are nutritional and flavorful pouches for pretty much anyone. When it comes to Happy Baby, there are three different stages for the food pouches, so your little one can start eating solids with these pouches as soon as they’re ready and continue with the brand.
While you don’t have to warm up the food, even with the meat-based options, you can place the pouch in a bowl of warm water until the contents warm up as much as needed.
- Stages: There are three different stages, and the first is for babies starting at six months of age.
- Where To Buy: You can find them on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: Children from six months old all the way up to school-aged can enjoy and benefit from the pouches.
- The Not So Great: The stage two pouches are relatively small, even for babies.
- Is This Product Recalled?: There are currently no recalls for the Happy Baby Organic Baby Food Pouches.
7. Mama Bear Organic Baby Food
The Mama Bear Organic Baby Food pouches are organic, GMO-free, and gluten-free, which can make most of them gentle enough on your baby’s stomach.
As an official Amazon brand, the pouches come with a satisfaction guarantee just in case your little one doesn’t enjoy or respond well to them. There are also no added flavors, dyes, or salts to mask the natural tastes of the ingredients, which is especially important if part of the goal here is to introduce your child to new tastes and foods.
- Stages: Stage one is for babies who are supported sitters and stage two can be used when they start to sit unsupported.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find them on Amazon at this time.
- The Best Part: If your baby enjoys these, you can subscribe to them via Amazon to receive monthly shipments to keep them in stock at home for your baby.
- The Not So Great: Compared to other baby food pouches, the second stage of Mama Bear pouches is a little thinner and runnier.
- Is This Product Recalled?: There no current or recent recalls on Mama Bear Baby Food Pouches.
8. Once Upon A Farm Organic
The Once Upon A Farm Organic Pouches may be the earliest form of solids for your infant. This means that you can start your baby on these with stage one from five months onward. Of course, if your baby isn’t ready for them, then you’d do well to wait until they are ready and stick with reusable or pouches that he/she is already familiar with.
But since stage one is for babies from five months and up, you can use Once Upon A Farm Organic before most other squeeze pouch baby foods. There are also the kinds of healthy fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats that your little one needs as he or she grows older and bigger.
- Stages: Stage one is for babies from five months old, stage two is for seven months and up, and stage three is for nine months and up.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase them on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon.
- The Best Part: There are stages for babies and toddlers from five months all the way up to nine months and up.
- The Not So Great: Overall, they’re a little pricier than most other squeeze pouch baby foods.
- Is This Product Recalled?: There are no current recalls for Once Upon A Farm squeeze pouches.
FAQ’s About Baby Pouches
Baby pouches can last up to 24 hours after it’s opened if they are kept in the fridge. They can also be kept in the freezer, however, once you defrost it will change the consistency.
Reusable baby food pouches are easy to clean and you can add soap and water into it, shake it and wash it thoroughly. They are not machine washable though.
Baby food in jars is definitely a longer-lasting option for your baby since they last up to 2 years, whereas pouches last up to 1 year. Also, jars can be reused again and again, whilst pouches are more bothersome to clean.
If your baby is ready to transition to solids, some of these best baby food squeeze pouches are your perfect bet. It’s easy to feed your little one from the pouch, and they can eventually learn to do it on their own as well. It’s also super convenient to take a few pouches and toss them in a diaper bag to take with you when you leave the house with your little one in tow.
While it is important to keep an eye on the expiration date of squeeze pouches, it’s also convenient that most have twist-off caps that can be twisted back on to allow your child to finish their pouch later. When it comes to ease of use, nutrition, and eventual eating independence, squeeze pouch baby foods can really help you out.
On the plus side, once your little ones get to enjoy these fruit and veggie purees you can start doing your own reusable food pouch from their most favorite foods and let them enjoy it and also you will save a lot since these reusable bottles can be used plenty of times.
- When introducing solid food to your baby, always make sure to know which brands to avoid and which to use next, so this list with Baby Food Recalls should help you check the latest recalls and why they have been made.