- Ubbi vs Diaper Genie: Which Is The Best Diaper Pail? - February 15, 2023
- Chicco Bravo vs Bravo LE: What’s the Difference? - February 14, 2023
- Oatmeal vs Rice Cereal: Which Is Best For Your Baby? - February 6, 2023
An infant floor seat might not be the best idea for all babies, but for those who are physically ready for them, they can provide an excellent way to aid in getting them in a comfortable with sitting on their own. Once your baby can hold their head up and sit in a supported sitting position, at around 3-5 months of age, they’re likely ready for a floor seat. And these are easily eight of the best infant floor seats out there right now.
A floor seat is typically best once your baby starts to outgrow a baby swing and isn’t all that interested in a bouncer anymore. Not only does a floor seat offer your baby a way to practice sitting up in a safe environment, but it also gives him or her a new view of their surroundings.
Even though infant floor seats help keep your babysitting up without falling over or slouching down, though, it’s always recommended that you keep a close eye on your baby when using one.
Jump to a specific section
1. Bumbo Multi Seat
You can’t look at infant floor seats without considering the Bumbo Multi Seat. For some parents, it’s the brand they look to first when considering a floor seat for their little one. And for good reason. The Bumbo Multi Seat has three stages available to your child so that it can grow along with them.
First, use it as an infant floor seat, then attach the tray to use it as a feeding seat on its own, and finally, you can use it as a booster seat for your little one as well. In each option, your baby can enjoy the padded cushion that lines the entire interior of the seat, and the wide leg openings offer optimum comfort too.
As your child grows, you can eventually remove the padded insert to give them a little more room and to get even more use out of it for as long as possible.
- Child Age Range: The Bumbo Multi Seat is designed for babies as soon they’re able to hold up their head and sit up assisted.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: Even after your baby outgrows the seat with the insert still inside, he or she can continue to use it without the foam liner.
- The Not So Great: Although the tray adds another use to the Bumbo, it can sometimes get in the way and isn’t as practical as it might seem.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: In 2012, Bumbo Baby Seats were recalled due to the potential of babies falling out of them when on raised surfaces.
2. Little Tikes My First Seat
Little Tikes is known for different baby products and even toys, and the Little Tikes My First Seat is another useful item to help your baby grow and learn as soon as they’re able. It’s designed similarly and has a similar feel as the Bumbo Seat, but in this instance, it also has a fairly minimal design.
It’s equipped with a buckle for your little one’s safety, but otherwise, the Little Tikes seat is essentially just made to help your infant learn to sit up. The back and sides are high enough to offer plenty of support for even smaller babies who are still ready for assisted sitting, and the bottom of the seat is designed to be heavy and sturdy enough not to tip over. Even so, overall it’s lightweight enough to take on the go.
- Child Age Range: Your baby can start using the seat when he or she is sitting up assisted and up until they’re 16 months old.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby and Walmart.
- The Best Part: When compared to other similar infant floor seats, the leg openings are bigger, which means that even larger babies can sit comfortably.
- The Not So Great: Some babies might tip forward a bit in this particular seat.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on the Little Tikes My First Seat.
3. Fisher-Price Sit-Me-Up Floor Seat
The Fisher-Price Sit-Me-Up Floor Seat is a little different from the standard foam floor seats, but it’s still designed to help your infant learn to sit upon his or her own.
It’s an overall cushioned seat that comes with two rattle toys attached to it. And when you’re done with it for the day, the floor seat folds up flat for storage. This also makes it easier to take on family trips or whenever you need to leave home for the day.
You can set your baby in the seat itself, but the broad base helps keep them extra sturdy and safe while sitting in it. And just in case your baby has any accidents or makes a mess while sitting in it, the fabric cover comes off to clean it in the washer.
- Child Age Range: It’s designed for babies who can hold their head up on their own.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby and Target.
- The Best Part: It’s easy to set up and fold down, so you won’t have to leave it out when it’s not in use.
- The Not So Great: It may be a little uncomfortable for babies with bigger legs.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on this floor seat.
4. Ingenuity Baby Base 2-In-1 Seat
Like some other top infant floor seats, you can use the Ingenuity Baby Base 2-in-1 Seat in a couple of different ways. It comes with an attachable tray that can be used while it’s in-floor seat mode. And when your child gets a little older, he or she can use it as a booster seat at the kitchen table.
This gives you a lot more use out of it overall, which is always a plus when it comes to baby products. Just in case you’d rather not use the tray, though, you can also detach it and slide it under the seat in its tray storage compartment. This will also help you take the seat on the go if you have to, without needing to keep track of the parts that go with it.
- Child Age Range: It’s made for children who can hold up their head on their own.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find it on Amazon at this time.
- The Best Part: Because you can eventually use it as a booster seat, your child can use it well into their toddler years.
- The Not So Great: When the tray is attached to the seat, there’s a chance that the seat could tip forward if your baby leans too far ahead in it.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on the Ingenuity Baby Base 2-in-1 Seat.
5. Mamas & Papas Baby Snug
As a snug, comfortable, and supportive infant floor seat, the Baby Snug and Activity Tray Seat is designed for babies, who are ready to start sitting up rather than continue with tummy time.
The shape itself makes it harder for your baby to squirm out of, which makes it safe too. It also has a removable tray with toys attached to it so you can treat the floor seat like a little activity center as well.
Overall, the seat promotes healthy and proper posture, and since you can remove the foam insert, your baby can continue to get use out of the seat even as they grow. You can easily remove the tray and reattach it as needed and there’s even a section on the bottom of the tray insert to keep your baby’s toys attached to it.
- Child Age Range: The seat is designed for babies from three months up to roughly 12 months old.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: The attached toys might make your baby actually look forward to going in the seat.
- The Not So Great: Although there’s a section under the tray to keep the toy tray on, it might not stay down every time.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: Although there have been cases of babies tipping over in the seat, there are no recent or current recalls on it.
6. Summer Infant 3-Stage Deluxe SuperSeat
The Summer Infant 3-Stage Deluxe SuperSeat looks like most foam floor seats, but it has a hard durable plastic outer layer. The inside is lined in foam that can be taken out as your baby gets older, which adds to the longevity of it. The seat also has an activity tray that surrounds it 360 degrees.
Once your little one is ready, you can even use the SuperSeat as a booster seat since it has straps to buckle onto a chair. For your baby’s safety, the seat has a three-point safety harness as well to keep your baby safely seated inside of it as he or she grows. While other infant floor seats can also be used as booster seats eventually, the Summer Infant seat is made to hold both babies and older toddlers, so you’ll be getting literal years of use out of it.
- Child Age Range: The seat is designed for children who can sit up assisted, up until they’re four years old or 33 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: You can put your infant in the seat and keep them entertained when you need to keep your hands free or give them a minute to play on their own.
- The Not So Great: It can be difficult to get the tray adequately attached to the chair each time.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on the Summer Infant seat.
7. Infantino Prop-A-Pillar Tummy Time & Seated Support
Overall, it’s fairly different from foam floor seats like the Bumbo, but the Infantino Infantino Prop-A-Pillar Tummy Time & Seated Support seat is still another option for an infant floor seat. The multi-layer caterpillar seat can be unwound to act as a long tummy time pillow, or your infant can use it to help sit up and strengthen their back and neck muscles in the process.
Since it’s not like your standard infant floor seat, it can’t be used as a booster seat in any capacity, and it doesn’t have any safety buckles. But it is cushioned for optimum comfort, and it’s sure to help your supported sitter learn to sit up on their own over time.
- Child Age Range: It’s made for babies ages zero months and up.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: It’s lightweight enough and easy to take the floor seat pretty much anywhere you go.
- The Not So Great: It can’t transition into a booster seat, as a lot of other infant floor seats can.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: The infant floor seat has no recent or current recalls.
8. Baby Einstein 3-In-1 Snack & Discover Seat
Not only can you use your Baby Einstein 3-in-1 Snack & Discover Seat as your run-of-the-mill infant floor seat, but it can also be used as an activity play center and a booster seat. More often than not, this is what parents look for in an infant floor seat since it means that you can get plenty more use out of it even after your child has learned to sit up on their own and without any support.
The tray on this particular seat comes equipped with fun toys, and the seat itself is made of a comfortable and durable foam material. Therefore wiping away any messes has really never been easier with an infant floor seat.
- Child Age Range: The seat is designed for babies as young as four months old.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: Even during tummy time, your infant can play with the little toys on the tray.
- The Not So Great: It can be difficult to get the safety belt properly tightened and latched.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on the Baby Einstein 3-In-1 Snack & Discover Seat.
The Bumbo might be the more popular infant floor seat out of virtually all of the options, but clearly, there are some other good choices out there.
They offer more than one way to help your supported sitter practice sitting up with help. Of course, there are a few on this list that may be stronger options for some babies, but they’re all still suitable for infants, and you’re likely to get plenty of use out of them.