There’s something to be said for strollers that will take your child from infancy all the way to toddlerhood, but then again, it’s also plenty convenient to have one that you can use when your baby is still just a baby.
Bassinet strollers are, for the most part, more lightweight and easy to transport than larger all in one stroller, and even though they may not last as long regarding your child’s size, they’re still plenty useful. In fact, these six best bassinet strollers may even make you rethink the whole bulky transitional stroller idea altogether.
If you’re lucky, though, and opt for convenience and price rather than a fancy seemingly top of the line bassinet stroller, you may still get one that’s a convertible stroller in a way. Though it still won’t be as bulky as some other convertible strollers that transition from being used for newborns to toddlers.
Some bassinet strollers will be perfect for newborns, while others will require a new car seat attachment to make that work, but either way, bassinet strollers are designed to be comfortable, easy to use, and safe for your baby and toddler too.
These might vary regarding longevity and even price, but that’s where you’ll get to decide for yourself as far as which of these bassinet strollers is right for your family and, of course, your little one.
1. Ella Baby Journey Convertible Stroller
It’s hard to ignore the elegance and style of the Journey Convertible Stroller, and you’d have a hard time trying to find one quite like it regarding design and cost too.
The stroller has a built-in pram to give your baby a place to lay down in comfort during long rides in it, and when you’re ready to transition it to a sitting-up toddler stroller, you can do that too. The large wheels in the back allow you to easily navigate through crowds and tight spaces, while the three-position handlebar can be adjusted to different heights depending on who is pushing the stroller.
When you need to transport it or store it away, the Elle Baby Journey Convertible Stroller also folds up easily with the bassinet attached, so you won’t have to worry about taking it apart to do so.
- Child Age Range: The bassinet part of the stroller is designed for children from birth to six months, while the child seat works for little ones from six months old to 40 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon.
- The Best Part: The bassinet can be converted to an upright seating position when the time comes, so you won’t have to remove it or add any extra parts.
- The Not So Great: Compared to other similar bassinet strollers, it might feel a little large, especially when folding it down to put in your car’s trunk.
2. Mophorn Luxury Stroller Foldable Pushchair Pram
Once upon a time, fancy pram strollers may have been all looks but with no practicality, like the ability to fold. With the Mophorn Luxury Stroller Foldable Pushchair, however, you get a practical, useful, and yes adorable bassinet stroller for your baby.
You can use the stroller with the bassinet mode for your infant and then convert it to a toddler stroller when the time comes for your growing child. The front swivel wheels provide a smooth ride for your baby or toddler, as do the anti-shock springs in place to keep a bumpy or uneven terrain from negatively affecting your little one as thy ride in the bassinet stroller.
There’s also a five-point safety harness, and your baby can lie back safely or sit up when the bassinet is switched to the proper position. But either way, you can be sure that your baby or toddler will be securely buckled in.
- Child Age Range: Overall, the stroller is perfect for children from 0-36 months old.
- Where To Buy: At this time, you can primarily find the stroller on Amazon.
- The Best Part: For the most part, the Mophorn is easy to put together the first time and can be folded down with ease after each use.
- The Not So Great: To switch the bassinet to rear-facing mode, you have to actually pick up and turn it around and put it back into place as opposed to being able to move around the handlebar.
3. Costzon Baby Stroller 2-In-1 Foldable Infant Buggy
The Costzon Baby Stroller 2 in 1 Foldable Infant Buggy is similar to other bassinet strollers in design, but it’s also made with a lightweight aluminum frame. This keeps it easy to move around and fold down, but also durable enough to withstand plenty of use however often you need to use it.
And where some bassinet strollers may fold down and remain relatively bulky, this one folds down with ease and can be stored pretty much anywhere. Plus, the lightweight aluminum frame makes it that much easier to handle.
Whether your child is in the flat-lying position or sitting upright when the stroller is in toddler mode, they’ll get to use the five-point safety harness that can be tightened or loosened with a simple maneuver that won’t have you removing any padding or covers to do so. In short, it’s lightweight and easy to use for most parents.
- Child Age Range: It can hold little ones up to 33 pounds.
- Where To Buy: At this time, you can primarily find the bassinet stroller on Amazon.
- The Best Part: There’s a removable foot cover that can be used when your baby goes from the lying down position to sitting upright.
- The Not So Great: When it first comes out of its package, there is a notable smell that can be overpowering at first.
4. Cynebaby Compact Pram Stroller
The Cynebaby Compact Pram Stroller can be used in the bassinet or upright position and when using the latter, you can still recline the seat to make your toddler as comfortable as possible.
The bassinet itself can be rotated to either face you or face out, and since the foot cover can be zipped into place or taken off, you’ll have either a warm and cozy or breathable and airy space for your baby.
With thick rubber wheels that don’t need to be inflated but seem sturdy enough to be air-filled tires, they’re meant to be durable for a long time and for long periods of time. Since the stroller is designed to be used with your infant and, eventually, your toddler, this is especially useful. However, the stroller is overall quite bulky, so it would be hard to travel with it unless you’re traveling by car.
- Child Age Range: It’s perfect for babies and toddlers from 0-3 years old.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The large wheels can handle bumps in the sidewalk or rough and uneven terrain.
- The Not So Great: The handle on the bassinet itself might feel relatively loose or flimsy, so it’s probably not a good idea to carry the bassinet by hand on its own if yours feels as flimsy.
5. Happybuy Luxury Newborn Baby Stroller
Not only is the Happybuy Luxury Newborn Baby Stroller convenient and comfortable for your little one, but it also has plenty of qualities that are sure to work for parents and caregivers as well.
The solid steel frame helps make the stroller easier to fold than some other similar bassinet strollers, and there’s even a wrist strap to keep you permanently attached to the handlebar at all times.
Speaking of the handlebar, you can adjust it up or down to accommodate different heights, depending on who is pushing the stroller, which can be convenient when sharing the stroller with caregivers or grandparents. Plus, it has a convenient storage basket underneath and a cup holder attached to the side of the stroller for easy access.
- Child Age Range: The stroller is suitable for children from 0-36 months old.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find it on Amazon at the moment.
- The Best Part: The bassinet itself has vents on the side, which not only allow for extra airflow but also a way for your baby to see outside when lying down.
- The Not So Great: You may have to watch a video or two to learn how to fold up the stroller properly.
6. Besrey Baby Stroller
The Besrey Baby Stroller isn’t as blatant of a bassinet stroller as some others out there or on this list, but the general idea is still there.
Since it can be tilted back to a comfortable and safe lying-down position, the stroller is suitable for babies from infancy and on.
With an easy-to-access hand-operated adjustment, you can switch the stroller from a flat position to an upright one for older babies or toddlers. But the best part is that if your toddler prefers to recline back, you can still use that function for them with this stroller.
Thanks to its extendable sun cover, it can provide up to 70% of coverage from both sun and rain. When you need to fold it down, you just access the two buttons on either side of the handlebar to collapse it down to an easy to transport size.
- Child Age Range: The stroller is designed for children from 0-36 months old.
- Where To Buy: At this time, you can primarily find it on Amazon.
- The Best Part: For all that it offers, and the generally high quality, it’s easily one of the more affordable bassinet-style strollers out there.
- The Not So Great: Even with the brakes engaged, the stroller might still sometimes roll.
At first glance, a bassinet stroller might seem like something meant strictly for infants or smaller babies, but the truth of the matter is that with ones such as these, you’ll be able to use them for literal years.
Eventually, you might opt to switch to a jogger stroller or something a little bigger with more bells and whistles, but for the most part, a bassinet stroller can still get the job done for your baby and, eventually, for your toddler too.
In some cases, the bassinet stroller might still be a little bulkier than you’d like or on the heavy side, but with some options, you’re going to get a totally useful and comfortable bassinet stroller that your child can enjoy comfortably for years.
Some of the most significant qualities to look for are going to be price, longevity, and the ability to convert to a stroller for your older child. And in all three cases, there is something on this list of the best bassinet strollers for everyone. Even in the case of the more expensive strollers, you’re getting quality and bassinet strollers that can be used in more than one way for more than one stage in your little one’s life. And really, that’s the important thing here.