- Ubbi vs Diaper Genie: Which Is The Best Diaper Pail? - February 15, 2023
- Chicco Bravo vs Bravo LE: What’s the Difference? - February 14, 2023
- Oatmeal vs Rice Cereal: Which Is Best For Your Baby? - February 6, 2023
Noise canceling headphones might seem like one of those things your little one will need in specific situations only. But the truth is, the best baby noise-cancelling headphones offer a handful of benefits and uses across the board.
As you might assume, baby ears are as sensitive as they’re going to be and that means noises that may seem normal or bearable for adults or older kids will be a lot stronger in the ears of infants.
And since children’s ears and eardrums are still developing, noise-cancelling headphones can protect them from long-term or even short-term hearing damage.
Not only that, but noise-cancelling headphones for babies can also offer your little one a break from sensory overload. If you’re around loud airplanes or even on a plane or happen to be near fireworks, having a pair of noise-canceling headphones can keep your baby feeling comfortable in every sense of the word.
Having a pair of good noise cancelling headphones for your baby on hand can also help your baby stay focused. If they’re not dealing with the stress of loud outside noises that might make them uncomfortable, they can likely concentrate on other things better and still be alert and present with you.
As long as you can choose the right pair of noise cancelling headphones for your little one, you can help them stay comfortable, concentrate, and even learn better as an infant. Of course, you won’t always need to (and probably shouldn’t) have your baby wear them, but they’re certainly convenient to have with you.
Jump to a specific section
Where to buy baby noise cancelling headphones
All of the baby noise cancelling headphones we recommend here are available either on Amazon, through the manufacturer’s website, or at Buy Buy Baby. You should have no problem getting quick delivery to your doorstep with these choices!
1. Baby Bear Earmuffs
The Baby Bear Earmuffs noise-canceling headphones are designed to make the environment around your baby four to six times quieter than it normally is. This alone provides a quiet and calm environment for your baby, but without making him or her feel as though they aren’t involved.
The headphones themselves might seem like they’re almost too large for your baby’s head, but the size is necessary to make sure that they’re comfortable while they protect your child’s ears. The earmuffs cover your baby’s ears enough to keep most harsh sounds out, and that’s the point. So if they seem oversized, that’s because they’re supposed to be.
And even if the headband strap on top seems too large, your little one can always grow into them. So in a way, the Baby Bear Earmuffs can grow with your child.
- Child Age Range: The headphones are designed for babies eight months old and up.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find them on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The padding is soft and comfortable enough that your baby can even fall asleep with the Baby Bear Earmuffs on.
- The Not So Great: Some parents might have a hard time fitting the headphones in the matching carry bag.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on these headphones.
2. BBTKCARE Baby Ear Protection Noise Cancelling Headphones
You can tell just by looking at the BBTKCARE Baby Ear Protection Noise Cancelling HeadPhones how comfortable they are for babies and toddlers.
There’s ample cushion on the inside of the ear muffs and along the inside of the headband part too. This makes a cushion all around, enabling your baby to fall asleep with the headphones on and stay comfortable.
Of course, it’s not recommended that your baby keep the headphones on during every nap or rest time, but if your baby falls asleep with them on, they’re comfortable. They’re also lightweight and easy to carry with you thanks to the compact design. Plus, they come in three different colors, so you can choose different pairs if you have multiples and won’t mix them up.
- Child Age Range: These are made for babies from three months old to two years old.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find them on Amazon at this time.
- The Best Part: They’re sturdy on baby and toddler heads, but also lightweight so your little one is less likely to try and pull them off.
- The Not So Great: Some parents might find that the noise is muffled, but not drowned out and canceled, as the name would suggest.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on the BBTKCARE Baby Ear Protection Noise Cancelling Headphones.
3. Baby Banz Earmuffs
Although it’s not recommended that your newborn use noise cancelling headphones, the Baby Banz Earmuffs are designed to be able to fit smaller babies, and as such can accommodate smaller babies provided that they’re at least three months old. They also have a low profile design which makes them a lot sleeker than some bulkier competing noise-canceling headphones out there.
Having a bulkier shape can mean your child will struggle to keep them on, so it’s essential for baby noise-canceling headphones to be easy for babies to wear. The added cushion on the inside of the muffs helps block out noises and protect your little one’s hearing at the same time.
- Child Age Range: The earmuffs are designed for children from three months to two years old.
- Where To Buy: You can buy them on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: Because of how comfortable the headphones are, most babies won’t mind wearing them for long periods of time.
- The Not So Great: Some babies might be able to take out the inner foam, which helps line the inside of each earmuff.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on the Baby Banz Earmuffs.
4. Lucid Audio HearMuffs
With the Lucid Audio HearMuffs, there’s comfort and safety all around. Literally. The headband is padded for your baby’s comfort and has a long strip of the cushion as opposed to small sections, which can sometimes be a little less comfortable for some little ones.
The headband itself is easily adjustable for your child as they grow and because of their noise-canceling ability, they can also help your child hear better in the long-term sense. Shielding your baby from loud and abrasive outside noises is especially important as your baby or toddler grows. They also come in a handful of different colors to choose from, so your baby or toddler won’t be stuck with easy-to-stain white headphones.
- Child Age Range: The earmuffs are for children from three months to four years old.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase them on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon.
- The Best Part: Unlike some other noise-cancelling headphones for babies, these ones won’t leave indents on your baby’s head afterward.
- The Not So Great: Some parents might find the headphones to be on the bulkier side.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on these headphones.
5. Pro For Sho Baby Earmuffs
One of the things that set the Pro For Sho Baby Ear Muffs apart from so many other brands and styles is the shape. The earmuffs are square-shaped instead of the usual circle, and this can make it easier for the muffs to stay on your baby’s ears. It may seem like a trivial aspect of the headphones, but it can make a big difference.
The shape also allows them to fully cover your little one’s heart but without adding too much pressure or discomfort.
The headphones can easily and efficiently block noise from various activities including fireworks, concerts, and flying in airplanes, among other things. The soft cushion can even help keep your child’s ears warm, so it’s like a win-win-win situation.
- Child Age Range: The earmuffs are designed for little ones from three months to two years old.
- Where To Buy: You can buy them on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon.
- The Best Part: The shape of the earmuffs makes it possible for them to cover both ears entirely.
- The Not So Great: They’re not as strong as some other similar headphones at actually blocking out all noises.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on the Pro For Sho Baby Earmuffs.
6. BEBE Muff Hearing Protection
Although every baby’s head is a different size, the BEBE Muff Hearing Protection headphones are designed to fit most babies and toddlers from three months old and up. The muff caps and adjustable headband are padded for your child’s comfort, and they’ve been lab-tested to ensure that they reduce noise for children’s comfort and overall safety.
It’s easy to lengthen and then shorten the headband itself, but you can continue to adjust the size with the hinges attached to the earmuffs. Overall, the BEBE Muff Hearing can be folded compact enough to take with you pretty much anywhere you might need them for your little one, and they’re also lightweight.
- Child Age Range: The headphones are designed for children from three months old and up.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find the headphones on Amazon at this time.
- The Best Part: They’re thick enough to block out noise better than a lot of competing baby noise-canceling headphones.
- The Not So Great: It might take a little while for some babies to get used to having the slightly bulky headphones in their head.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on the BEBE Muff Hearing Protection headphones.
Most baby noise-canceling headphones will work for babies of most sizes, so you won’t really have to worry about finding a specific size, especially since they’re adjustable in most cases.
Whether your baby needs the headphones to be able to concentrate and block out distracting noises or just needs them in situations where the noise decibels are too loud, there are noise-canceling headphones for virtually all needs. As long as your baby doesn’t become too dependent on the headphones and he or she is comfortable, that’s really all that matters.