Gone are the days of making your baby food the primary way, by simply blending up a combination of fruits and vegetables and hoping you get the right consistency for your baby or toddler. The truth of the matter is, each child and indeed each stage your child is in will require not only a different variety of food but also different consistencies.
But the good news is that there are a couple of different baby food steamers that do the job for you without much effort on your part.
When looking at the Beaba Babycook vs. Babymoov Duo Meal Station, you can see right off the bat that they both offer an easy way to cook more than one type of food at once to mix in the same machine for your baby’s food, including fruits, vegetables, and yes, raw meat.
Since both devices also cook the food, it’s your one-stop shop to get it all done with the press of a few buttons.
With the Beaba, you get an easy to use baby food maker that can be operated with just one hand, whereas the Babymoov has a more complicated keypad, even though it does personalize the experience a little more as far as your personal preferences.
Both options offer the ability to not only steam, reheat, and mix the food, but also defrost food inside of them as well. Plus, you can utilize either of them for food for the whole family, though the Babymoov promises as many as 25 servings of baby food, while the Beaba can make 18 at once, setting them apart from each other in another way.
The Beaba Babycook makes cooking your baby food as simple as possible. Especially because it comes with a control dial that won’t confuse or overwhelm you.
The machine can be used to defrost, steam cook, and reheat your baby’s food, but also any other meals for your household and it can make and hold up to 18 servings of baby food at one time. This equals out to about 4.5 cups overall.
You just toss in the fruits and vegetables or vegetables and raw meat into the Beaba Babycook, and in 15 minutes, your food will go from raw to thoroughly cook for your baby. You can then puree it to completion to create fresh and healthy baby food for your little one, all on your own and all from scratch, with no added sugars, salt, or preservatives.
Not only that, but the steam cooking ability means that your baby’s food will retain more of its nutrition value and the entire system makes for quick and easier cleanup.
Speaking of which, when your food is finished, you’ll be alerted with a chime and the Babycook will automatically shut itself off, so you don’t have to worry about remembering to do that yourself.
Where some other baby food machines may leave you with unevenly pureed or mixed foods, the Beaba Babycook prides itself on being able to accurately mix up the differently textured foods you want to mix for your baby’s food.
You also won’t have to worry about separating the water from the food once it’s been steamed since the water sits below the steaming basket in the machine. You can fill it up correctly, press it to start, and walk away while it does all of the critical work for you and since making baby food can be a tricky and fickle thing, that’s very important.
- Capabilities: The Beaba Babycook can defrost, steam, and puree your baby’s food while also keeping it warm for you. And it can do it all with the press of a button and minimal effort on your part.
- How To Use: You simply load up the baby food maker with the ingredients you need, add the appropriate amount of water to the area below the steamer basket, and use the knob on the front of the machine.
- Capacity: It can hold more than 4.5 cups and make 18 servings of baby food in one cycle.
- Price: On Amazon, the Beaba Babycook is $150. Check out the latest price!
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Target and Buy Buy Baby.
- It blends food quickly and evenly without too much effort on your part.
- You can mix raw vegetables and even raw meat and have the Beaba Babycook steam it all together at once.
- It makes a lot of food at once but is still compact enough to take with you on family trips so you can still make baby food away from home.
- The overall cleanup is relatively simple and takes a lot less kitchen gadgets and utensils to use the Beaba.
- After steaming the food, you have to then transfer it to the other bowl for pureeing, which can be tedious for some parents or caregivers.
- The bowl attached to the Beaba is plastic instead of glass, so there’s a risk of it breaking or cracking over time.
- The lid that goes on top of the machine to steam and blend can sometimes pop back up.
“This thing is awesome! We weren’t going to bother with making our own food, but this thing is so easy! We just throw in a bunch of veggies and fruits, hit the button to steam, then turn the knob for a few seconds to chop. I use it to make other things as well, soups, smoothies, steamed veggies. New best kitchen appliance.” – Victoria on Amazon.
“This is the best thing ever invented. I am a full time working mom and have little time to even make dinner, but this thing saves me time, and it can steam and purée in the same machine, it allows me to feed my little one healthy and organic veggies and fruit! Every household needs one!” – Emily Hollinghurst on Amazon.
“I love the Beaba. It is a convenient way to make fresh baby food. Some of my friends suggested that I use a regular pot and separate blender, but in my eyes, nothing beats the convenience of having everything in one. Very easy to clean and simple to use.” – Elina Kerzhner on Amazon.
Babymoov Duo Meal Station
The Babymoov Duo Meal Station is a 6-in-1 baby food maker for your overall convenience. As a device to make and blend your baby’s food, you can use the Babymoov to cook, blend, warm, and defrost the different mixtures, but you can also use the machine to warm and sterilize baby bottles.
So even if you buy this before your baby is on to solid foods, you can already get used out of it right from the start.
One side of the station can be used to steam foods in two separate layers, and the other hand purees the foods together to make the baby foods that your baby prefers explicitly, with no additional preservatives or harmful additives, enabling you to control what your baby eats each step of the way. Plus, taking it apart to clean every piece is easy enough, especially as the BPA-free parts are also dishwasher safe.
As far as the puree side goes, however, there are three different speeds, so you can have as thick or thin of baby food as your baby likes or can handle, which is especially useful if they’re in the beginning stages of eating solids.
The steamer and blender in the Babymoov Duo Meal Station can make up to 25 servings of food at once and in just 15 minutes. Plus, the easy to read control panel has buttons for the different capabilities of the station to make sure your baby’s foods are adequately cooked, and their bottles are sterilized correctly.
Thanks to its large capacity and dual baby food preparation stations, you can use the Babymoov for more substantial portions and even before your baby has moved on to the baby food stage.
- Capabilities: You can sterilize and warm bottles with the Babymoov, and then move on to defrosting, steaming, warming, and blending food.
- How To Use: To operate the baby food making station, you simply use the buttons on the keypad that signify the different functions.
- Capacity: The Babymoov can make up to 25 servings of food at once and nine cups of food at once.
- Price: On Amazon, the Babymoov Duo Station is $128. Check out the latest price!
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it from the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Toys ‘R Us.
- Since you can also use it to sterilize and warm bottles, the Babymoov can be used for so much more than some other baby food machines.
- It’s also convenient that it’s available in more than one store. So you can see it in person before you purchase it, even if you opt to buy it online.
- Having two separate layers for steaming means keeping some foods separate from others, which you may want to do if you’re making different baby food recipes at once.
- The puree side of the Duo also acts like a pitcher for easy pouring.
- The control pad in the middle of the two different components may be hard to understand at first for some parents or caregivers.
- Being made of plastic instead of glass could mean stains somewhere down the line because of the different foods used in the machine.
- It may take a little longer than the advertised 15 minutes to cook all of the different foods in the Babymoov properly.
“Perfect meal station just as I had imagined!!! Very very happy with this product.” – Jenny Lee on Amazon.
“I’ve been using it to make soups and purees and so far so good; it works exactly as I expected! Love that the capacity is huge. I was nervous about cleaning it when I first got it. Turns out it completely comes apart and I throw everything into the dishwasher after use, it couldn’t be easier!” – TheSurfingExpert on Amazon.
“Great product. I have been using it for a month now and I love it. Easy to use and steams fast, my baby food is ready in less than 10 minutes. The blender makes the puree very smooth. I like the capacity as well; I can make several meals at a time.” – Vivi03 on Amazon.
While both baby food machines do well in providing your baby even other members of your family with the right nutrients during meals. In this case, the more logical choice between the Beaba vs. the Babymoov is going to be the Babymoov Duo Meal Station. Because of its two different stations and also the separate layers for the steamer, it sets itself high above other competitors, the Beaba Babycook included.
In both cases, you’re going to get unique steamers that can help you to keep other kitchen equipment clean instead of using so many different tools to get the job done.
But in the end, the Babymoov Duo Meal Station will likely serve your family best. Its double capabilities are hard to ignore and although you may be getting multiple fictions with the Beaba Babycook, this may very well be the best baby food steamer and blender you’ll need.
One of the main benefits of making your baby food is knowing exactly what is going into your baby or toddler’s stomach.
With these steamers, you can not only steam cook and puree baby food, but you can also reheat it if needed and defrost any baby food or product you previously had in the freezer to preserve. If you already understand why making your baby food is beneficial and essential, then the only thing left to do is invest in the right countertop kitchen appliance to help you make that happen for your child.