- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles : Which is Better? - May 26, 2022
- Snuggle Me vs DockaTot : Which is Better? - May 26, 2022
- Huggies Snug and Dry vs Little Snugglers: Which Diaper is Best? - May 26, 2022
When it comes to joggers, anything under $200 is always a steal because of its usefulness and general longevity. So since the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System happens to be under $200 and also comes with a car seat that works with the jogger stroller, it’s a deal two times over.
For some brands, it’s difficult to find a jogger that can also securely fit an infant car seat, let alone an entire travel system designed to grow along with your child and enable you to use a jogger right from the start.
Of course with an infant in his or her infant car seat carrier, it isn’t recommended that you jog, but joggers, in general, tend to do a lot better on bumpy terrain and for long periods of time.
The Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System comes with a stroller that can comfortably and safely fit children up to 50 pounds and 42 inches tall and comes equipped with a five-point harness and multi-position reclining seat.
Before your child is big enough for that, however, you can click the car seat into place anytime you need to use the stroller.
The car seat also has a five-point harness and is designed for babies up to 30 pounds, so while it certainly isn’t the only car seat you’ll ever need, it does efficiently provide months of use before you’ll need to graduate your child to the next step up in car seats.
When it’s time to put the jogger away or slide it into your trunk, it can be done so by pulling the easy to use the trigger which will fold it up nicely and compact enough for most trunks. You can purchase it on Amazon or in-store at Target.
- 1 Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Baby Travel System
- 2 Chicco Viaro Quick-Fold Travel System
- 3 Britax 2017 B Agile & B Safe 35 Elite Travel System
- 4 Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System
- 5 Final Thoughts
- Both the seat and canopy are easily adjustable for your baby’s comfort in every sense of the word.
- The car seat that comes with the travel system can click into place on its base in your backseat as well as in the stroller itself.
- You can lock the front wheel or allow it for swiveling, depending on what kind of terrain you’re walking or jogging on or if you need to move smoothly in and out of crowds.
- There’s a trigger fold to make folding up the stroller quick and easy.
- The parents’ console near the handlebar has two cup holders and a closed storage compartment.
- The tires allow for a smooth ride and easy maneuverability.
- To close the stroller to a more compact size, you just pull up two hooks on either side, and it will essentially fold up into itself.
- The stroller can even fit in the trunk of more compact cars easily.
- Your baby can use the infant car seat until they reach 30 pounds, which doesn’t make it an all-in-one but does give you some time before you’ll need another one.
- The stroller is on the larger side, but that’s to be expected with a jogger.
- Unless you lock the front wheel in place, it might become a bit wobbly and make the stroller feel shaky when walking or jogging.
- The car seat itself is heavy, which can be a hassle when you’re moving it from the stroller to the base in your back seat and back again.
How Others Compare
Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Baby Travel System
One of Graco’s most popular car seats is the SnugRide Click Connect and the Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Baby Travel System includes that along with the jogger. The jogger itself has air-filled tires with suspension meant to absorb rough terrain or bumpy sidewalks.
It also has a seat that reclines back into multiple different positions for your baby’s comfort as he or she grows and the car seat can be used in your car with its base as well as clicked into place in the stroller.
Once your baby is big enough to sit in the stroller without being in a car seat, he or she can enjoy it until they’ve reached 50 pounds. For the car seat, your baby should be 4-35 pounds. You can purchase the system on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- Thanks to the Click Connect system, it’s easier than ever to click your baby’s car seat into place in the stroller.
- The wheels come off easily to inflate or add air to when needed.
- Although the stroller is relatively large, it’s easy to fold down.
- It comes equipped with a large storage basket underneath as well as multiple cup holders, which all add to the convenience of the stroller.
- Because the wheels are relatively large, the jogger itself is pretty big and even a little bulky.
- When your baby is in the closest thing to a lying down position in the stroller, the sunshade doesn’t cover them entirely.
- There isn’t a flat position with the seat of the stroller, so if your little one falls asleep sitting up, it can become uncomfortable for their neck.
Graco's first jogger is the ultimate crossover stroller, combining all the comfort & convenience features of a traditional stroller with the performance & maneuverability of an all-terrain jogger. This stroller is loaded with innovative features like the one-second, one-hand FastAction fold bringing the ultimate in convenience to a jogger.
Chicco Viaro Quick-Fold Travel System
The Chicco Viaro Quick-Fold Travel System may be pricier than the Baby Trend system, but it is a brand that speaks for itself with most of its products. With this particular stroller and car seat system, it’s no different, especially since it’s designed to make traveling with it as easy as possible.
The stroller as a lightweight frame that makes it easy to carry and a one-handed fold to put less stress on you when it’s time to slide it into your trunk.
The car seat is designed for babies from 4-30 pounds, and it even has a bubble level indicator to get it in the proper position in your car every time. Its shell is lined with EPS energy-absorbing foam to keep your child safe in the event of a car accident, and when it comes time to get use out of the stroller, it can be used with the car seat or without for kids up to 50 pounds.
You can purchase the travel system on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- It’s easy to push the stroller and maneuver it with just one hand.
- You can also fold it down with just one hand, which is convenient especially if you have a baby in the other arm.
- The stroller is lightweight enough to carry with one hand once it’s folded up.
- The car seat has several different adjustments for the straps and seating position to keep your baby safe and comfortable and give you peace of mind.
- When placed in the trunk of your car, the jogger takes up a considerable amount of room.
- The wheels do well on smooth pavement, but on gravel or uneven sidewalks, it’s a bumpier ride.
- The cup holders are too small for most bottles and sippy cups of average sizes.
Britax 2017 B Agile & B Safe 35 Elite Travel System
It’s all well and good to have a solid jogger that can be used for infants and toddlers alike, but the Britax 2017 B Agile & B Safe 35 Travel System also has a comfortable and safe car seat that comes with it.
For your child’s protection and comfort, it has two layers of side impact protection, an energy-absorbing base, and a steel frame, which all work together to make it surround your baby in safety. So that you can always get the right recline position, the car seat base as a spring-assisted recline to get the car seat at just the right angle.
And when it comes to the jogger, it has a one-hand quick fold and is light enough to carry with you when you no longer need to push your baby in it or when you’re traveling. The car seat is for children from 4-35 pounds, while the jogger is designed for little ones up to 55 pounds. You can purchase the travel system on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The jogger has a basket underneath with a considerable amount of storage.
- You can fold and unfold the stroller with just one hand and with a baby in the other arm with ease.
- It also doesn’t take up the entire trunk, like some joggers tend to do.
- Getting a safe and steady position when clicking the car seat into its base is easy to do once the base has been installed.
- The base for the car seat can be a little difficult to install in your back seat.
- At more than $300, it may not be in every family’s price range.
- The car seat itself can be kind of heavy to move from the back seat of your car to the stroller and back again.
Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System
While the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System doesn’t include a jogger stroller per se, the stroller in the set is designed to grow with your child and comes equipped with cruiser tires to give your little one a smooth ride every time.
You can transfer the car seat with to the stroller or use the stroller in any one of its six possible positions. These include the ability to reverse for your baby to face in or our in carriage mode, frame stroller mode, or toddler carriage mode.
It also has a trigger release self-standing fold, which makes folding and unfolding the stroller easier than almost any other similar stroller out there. As far as the car seat goes, it has a roll bar, harness adjustment in the front for easy access, and soft infant head support to keep even newborns comfortable and safe as they go for rides.
The stroller is suitable for children up to 50 pounds, while the car seat is designed for babies from 4-35 pounds. You can find the travel system on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- There are a handful of different ways to put the car seat in the stroller for the best comfort for your child.
- It’s also lightweight enough for easy travel.
- Since the stroller’s bassinet is so large, your baby can even sleep in it when traveling.
- The car seat is also lightweight enough to not put a strain on you as you carry it or move it from the stroller to the car seat base.
- It can take a few tries to get the car seat properly clicked into place in the frame.
- There is a storage basket beneath the stroller, but putting more than a couple of items in it can make the stroller increasingly hard to push.
- The frame is also relatively wide, making it difficult to maneuver at times.
Like any jogger travel system, the Baby Trend Expedition has its positive qualities and its faults, but when compared to others of similar style, it’s definitely a great value. For less than $200, you can get what you’d be paying double for with other brands, and overall, the system is of high quality that’s sure to last you and your little one a long time.
It may not be perfect, and there may be some improvements that can be made on the weight of the car seat or the unpredictable front swivel wheel of the stroller, but overall, it’s a solid set. And when you look at the alternatives, the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System is a decent set at a reasonable price.