- Baby Dry vs Swaddlers Diapers : Parent’s Guide - May 26, 2022
- The Ultimate Guide to the Best C-Section Scar Creams - May 20, 2022
- Solly vs Moby Baby Wrap : Which Baby Wrap Is Best? - May 20, 2022
One of the best parts about the calm before the storm, or the time before your baby arrives, is getting to celebrate him or her. And just because this isn’t your first baby, it doesn’t mean you don’t have every right to party like an expectant parent should in celebration of this upcoming new life.
But when a baby shower seems like overkill, the happy medium is a baby sprinkle, which is more low-key, but also allows you to celebrate your little one’s impending arrival. You will still need to know what to register for when you’re having a baby shower instead of a sprinkle because yes, you will still need a registry. It’s all just a lot less involved and sometimes, when you already have one or more other children, a less hectic solution for a baby shower is what you need.
Chances are, older relatives might not know what a baby sprinkle even is, but when it comes down to it, it’s all about a simpler version of a baby shower. Maybe your firstborn was celebrated with an expensive venue and cloth table covers along with 50 of your closest friends in attendance.
This time around, things can be more understated and you won’t need gifts that are hundreds of dollars to get you off on the right foot as a parent. But to break it down for you before you figure out what to register for before your baby sprinkle, there are some other differences to take note of.
- 1 The Difference Between A Baby Shower And A Baby Sprinkle
- 2 The Benefits Of A Baby Sprinkle
- 3 What To Register For When You’re Having A Baby Sprinkle
- 4 Bottles
- 5 Pacifiers
- 6 Baby Monitor
- 7 Diapers
- 8 Stroller
- 9 Bibs
- 10 Breastfeeding Pillow
- 11 Swaddle Blankets
- 12 Final Thoughts
The Difference Between A Baby Shower And A Baby Sprinkle
The biggest difference to take note of is that a baby shower is almost always acceptable and typical if this is your first pregnancy. If this is your second, third, or even fourth pregnancy, but you still want to have a celebration, then a baby sprinkle is more appropriate. Of course, no one can tell you what works for you and if you want a lowkey sprinkle the first time around, feel free to do it.
Likewise, if you want to have a baby shower during every pregnancy, you have every right to do that. Baby sprinkles just offer an easy alternative when you want to celebrate the new baby, but have other little ones to worry about and this isn’t your first rodeo.
A baby sprinkle can also have a less involved menu. Whereas you might have a full brunch or lunch menu at a baby shower, you can get away with finger foods or a more relaxed lunch menu at a sprinkle. You can even make it a co-ed backyard barbecue to keep things super casual.
You might also consider a smaller guest list. Whereas a baby shower could include family, distant relatives you only see once per year, close friends, casual friends, and co-workers, a sprinkle should have close-knit family and friends in attendance. This still gives you the chance to have a celebration, but without the pressure of entertaining a ton of out of town or distant guests.
As to be expected, the gifts are also scaled down at a baby sprinkle compared to a baby shower. You don’t need to register for a crib or changing table but instead can add things like bottles, bibs, and diapers on your registry.
If this isn’t your first baby, you might even already have some of the items you will need for this baby. So it’s not necessarily a matter of receiving gifts to get you started, but more so being able to celebrate your baby without the fanfare of a huge baby shower.
The Benefits Of A Baby Sprinkle
If you are paying for your own celebration or at least partially paying for it, you will appreciate the lighter impact a sprinkle will have on your wallet. Not only that but as a mom-to-be, you might feel downright exhausted by the end of a baby shower. Because a baby sprinkle is easier to throw and participate in, you won’t have to worry as much about being deathly tired by the end of the party.
And while you may get things you need for your baby at a shower, there is just as much of a chance of getting things you didn’t even register for or don’t need. Skip the return line at your favorite department store by going with a baby sprinkle so you can register for those smaller items that won’t be hard to return or that you can make use out of anyway.
You also have less of a chance of trying to strike up conversations with relatives you barely know or, honestly, that you don’t know at all. Parents and in-laws have a way of inviting everyone they can possibly think of to events like baby showers. By keeping things low key with a sprinkle, you can invite a smaller guest list of people you actually know and can talk with throughout the party.
Simply put, baby sprinkles are easier to throw, host, and participate in than baby showers. If you would rather have something smaller and more intimate, a sprinkle is right for you.
What To Register For When You’re Having A Baby Sprinkle
Most of the baby items you will register for in the preparation of your baby sprinkle will be smaller and, likely, more inexpensive than standard baby shower gifts. Still, it’s good to know what to expect and what to register for.
These might not be all of the items you need for your little one, but these are some of the most important things to register for when you’re having a baby sprinkle.
- Child Age Range: The bottles can be used for babies from birth and up.
- Where To Buy: You can find them on Amazon or in store at Walmart and Target.
- The Best Part: They are designed to reduce colic in babies.
- The Not So Great: Some parents might experience leaks with these bottles.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on Dr. Brown’s Original Bottles.
NUK Space Orthodontic Pacifier
- Child Age Range: The pacifiers come in a size for 0-6 months, 6-18 months, and 18-36 months.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on Amazon or in store at Walmart and Target.
- The Best Part: It’s designed specifically for healthy teeth development.
- The Not So Great: It is on the smaller side, which some babies might reject.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the NUK Space Orthodontic Pacifier.
- Child Age Range: It doesn’t have an age range and it can be used as long as you need a monitor for your infant or toddler.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on Amazon or in-store at Target.
- The Best Part: Unlike as is the case with other monitors, you don’t need an app to keep tabs on your little one.
- The Not So Great: The night vision could be better.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor.
Huggies Special Delivery Hypoallergenic Baby Diapers
- Child Age Range: The diapers come in sizes newborn to six.
- Where To Buy: You can find them on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Target.
- The Best Part: They have a wetness indicator, which helps make diaper changes a little easier.
- The Not So Great: They aren’t quite as sturdy as some other diapers.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the Huggies Special Delivery Hypoallergenic Baby Diapers.
- Child Age Range: The stroller is designed for babies from 4-35 pounds and the stroller is for babies up to 50 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: As a travel system, it comes with a convertible stroller as well as an infant car seat.
- The Not So Great: The maneuverability could be better with the stroller.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System.
The Evenflo Pivot System is definitely the most valuable from all the choices listed as it comes with a car seat, has a great price and also the brand exists for more than 100 years.
- Child Age Range: The bib is suitable for babies and toddlers from 6-24 months old.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The bibs hold up over time so well, some parents can still use them a year after they start.
- The Not So Great: Some toddlers might be able to yank off this bib more easily than other bibs.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the Bumkins SuperBib.
Boppy Original Nursing Pillow And Positioner
- Child Age Range: The pillow can be used with babies who are 0-12 months old.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in store at Target.
- The Best Part: You can use the pillow to help you nurse and breastfeed, but also as a tummy time pillow for your infant.
- The Not So Great: It doesn’t clip around you during feedings, which can make it a little harder to use.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the Boppy Original Nursing Pillow and Positioner.
Summer Infant SwaddleMe Original Swaddle
- Child Age Range: The swaddles come in multiple sizes. Preemie is for babies up to seven pounds, small/medium is for babies from 0-3 months or 7-14 pounds, and large is for little ones 3-6 months old or 14-18 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find them on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The design of these blankets make it easier than ever to properly swaddle your baby.
- The Not So Great: It can be difficult to change your baby’s diaper when they are wearing the swaddle blanket.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the Summer Infant SwaddleMe Original Swaddle blankets.
The Original Swaddle was created for babies in the first stage in the SwaddleMe Stages of Sleep - perfect for your newborn who is not yet rolling over and likes to be swaddled with their arms in.
There’s no set rule that says you can’t throw as many baby showers as you want as you have more babies. There’s also no hard and fast rule that says you have to have an actual shower at all.
For some parents, baby showers are too much, to begin with. But whatever your reason for going with a baby sprinkle, these are the things you should register for. In the end, it might be the easiest party you’ll ever throw.