Last Updated on
The Baby Jogger Summit X3 is a jogger stroller at its core, but it can also be used as your standard everyday stroller, which is just part of the charm and usefulness that it offers.
There is an easy to access lever that you can release when you need to lock the front wheel to take the stroller out on the run and when you’re ready to use it as a standard stroller, you can unlock the wheel to allow it to go back to the swivel mode.
It also has an easy to use quick foldability so you can fold the jogger stroller down when you need to slide it into your trunk or to store away. As far as everyday strollers go, it can handle nearly any kind of terrain, and when you use it as a jogger to go up or down hills, it has an all-wheel suspension system and easy to use handbrakes to stop quickly when you need to.
It can be used for babies as small as 15 pounds and toddlers as big as 75 pounds, which means that you can get years of use out of it before your child grows out of it or won’t sit still in a stroller, even one as comfortable as this.
Speaking of its comfort, the Baby Jogger Summit X3 has a padded seat that can recline to an almost flat position, giving your baby or toddler a comfortable spot to nap on long walks.
In addition to its five-point safety harness, the jogger also has padded shoulder straps so the straps won’t dig into your child’s shoulders. Overall, it’s really not hard to see the comfort and longevity that the stroller brings to the table.
- 1 Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
- 2 BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX Jogging Stroller
- 3 Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogging Stroller
- 4 Chicco Activ3 Jogging Stroller
- It can be used with the proper car seat adapter that can be purchased separately and will make the jogger usable from infancy.
- The swivel lock for the front wheel is located on the handlebar, so you won’t have to stop or bend down to lock or unlock the swivel wheel.
- There’s also a large adjustable canopy with airflow vents on either side to allow optimum airflow.
- It has a quick fold technology to fold the jogger almost flat for easy storage and transportation.
- You can adjust the seat back to an almost flat position, which might be more comfortable for your little one during long walks or runs.
- The canopy and even part of the seat cushion are made with material that allows for plenty of breathability and general airflow.
- The stroller itself feels lightweight, even when your larger toddler is in it, so it won’t feel like a ton of added weight that you’re pushing.
- Thanks to the shocks and suspension, the stroller is good even on stairs.
- The air-filled rubber tires feel and seem sturdy enough to withstand most terrains without getting easily punctured.
- When folded, you can’t stand the jogger upright or on its wheels at all.
- With no height limit listed for the jogger, you might be left with your tall toddler’s legs dangling uncomfortably over the front of it.
- It can be challenging to hold down the handbrake and it might take some practice to hold it down with one hand.
- The parking brake can be engaged with your feet, but if you have sandals on, you might be stuck doing so by bending over and using your hands.
How Others Compare
Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
It also has off road suspension that makes for a smooth ride even when you’re on rough terrain, and a swivel front wheel that can be locked into place for long runs or unlocked to remain as a swivel wheel. And like the Baby Jogger Summit X3, it also has an over-sized canopy to help shield the sun and keep your baby comfortable, even in warmer temperatures. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a handbrake like a lot of other joggers do, but it does have a long bar as a foot-operated brake that’s easily accessible.
- Since it’s so lightweight, pushing even larger toddlers is much easier than it would be with bulkier or heavier strollers.
- The air pump, which comes with the jogging stroller, can be easily stored in the bottom storage basket.
- Since the seat itself is higher than that of other similar jogging strollers, your taller child will be able to stay comfortably seated in it for longer.
- The suspension makes riding in the stroller easy and smooth for your baby or toddler.
- It can be difficult to fold the stroller, especially on your own properly.
- Once it is folded down, and even unfolded, the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller is bulky and rather large.
- Your taller child might have to deal with his or her head hitting the top of the canopy when its unfolded.
BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX Jogging Stroller
The beauty of the BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX Jogging Stroller is that it’s meant to properly and comfortable fit your growing child in a couple of different ways.
Thanks to its suspension system that enables you to go on any and all terrains, there are three inches of travel and two stages of weight support for your baby as he or she grows into a toddler. It also has a secure two-step folding system to make storing and transporting the jogging stroller much more comfortable.
Like the Baby Jogger Summit X3, this particular jogger also has a swivel and locking front wheel to support either mode of travel. From a parental or caregiver point of view, you might also like the nine different positions for adjusting the handlebar, depending on your height.
- The wheels are inflatable and may hold air better than some other comparable jogging strollers.
- The seat itself is padded and comfortable enough for your little one on longer walks or runs with you.
- There’s also a basket underneath for storing any baby necessities and two mesh storage pockets on the inside of the seat.
- With an adjustable handlebar, parents and caregivers of varying heights can use and even share the stroller.
- For smaller parents or caregivers, it can be difficult to fold the stroller on your own.
- Once folded up, the stroller is rather bulky, unlike the Baby Jogger Summit X3.
- It doesn’t have a handbrake, which is one of the more important qualities that many parents look for in a solid jogger.
Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogging Stroller
The Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogging Stroller is another jogger with a weight limit of 75 pounds, and since the stroller itself is also lightweight and sleek, it’s not too difficult to push your growing toddler for long distances.
One of the most significant aspects that most parents and caregivers will probably love though is its ability to fold down almost flat. This includes the wheels as well, making it as compact as possible once you fold it down to carry with you or store in your trunk or a closet.
And unlike most other joggers, it has a unique twisting brake that can be used merely by twisting the wide handlebar. For tougher terrains, the twist handlebar brake will come in handy, and the all over suspension system will help maintain a smooth ride for your baby or toddler. For your child’s comfort and safety, there’s also a comfortable reclining seat and padded five-point harness.
- The sun shade is relatively big, especially when compared to that of other similar jogging strollers.
- The roomy basket underneath has a convenient zip-top cover to it to keep things from falling out or getting wet in the rain.
- It folds up easily and more compact than almost any other stroller out there, let alone jogging stroller.
- For some, it can be easier to maneuver the Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogging Stroller in and out of crowds or tight spaces.
- The back two wheels might feel as though they made the jogging stroller extra wide.
- Although its sleek and lightweight, the stroller might also feel reasonably long to some.
- Locking the wheels into place can be more of a headache than it’s worth.
Chicco Activ3 Jogging Stroller
In fact, it has Chicco’s Adjustable Flex Core suspension, which can be adjusted to give you a smoother ride while using the stroller for jogging or a bumpier ride when using it as a standard everyday stroller. It can be used for children up to 50 pounds, so it may not have the same longevity as some of the others on this list that compares to the Baby Jogger, but it does have a hand-operated swivel wheel lock like the Baby Jogger Summit X3.
You can even unlock and lock the rear wheel locks by the press of a button on the handlebar. Even if you can’t use it for as long as some of the other joggers, it does still have plenty of features that are useful for your little one.
- The handlebar is adjustable so different parents and caregivers of different heights can use the stroller at any time.
- The harness, when strapped on your baby appropriately, can hold him or her in the stroller tightly, especially when going over bumpy terrain.
- It’s easy to maneuver the stroller, even if it isn’t as sleek as some other jogging strollers out there.
- It’s also compatible with the Chicco Keyfit infant car seat, so if you have it, you can use the jogger with your infant as well.
- Overall, the stroller can be a little bulky.
- You won’t be able to get use out of it for as long as you will for other joggers like the Baby Jogger stroller.
- It can sometimes feel a little awkward with the front wheel jutting out as far as it does.
Finding the right jogger stroller can be intimidating, especially since there are so many different brands and a lot of different price ranges to choose from. With the Baby Jogger Summit X3 Single Stroller, you might be paying for something a little out of your preferred price range, but you’re also getting a jogger stroller that’s suitable for babies and small children as big as 75 pounds, which means your older toddler can even be comfortable and safe in the stroller.
It also folds down for quick and easy storage or transporting and as long as your baby can be securely strapped in, you can consider it your primary stroller.
Of course, that means your small infant won’t be ready for it right away, but with the literal of years of use you can get out of it, the Baby Jogger Summit X3 will more than likely be worth its cost. Compared to other similar strollers, you may not get as long of a life out of them, and the overall quality may not be comparable to this particular jogger. Of course, the decision is ultimately up to you, but it’s hard to ignore all that you get with the Baby Jogger Summit X3.