You’re carrying your baby around in a baby carrier to get things done; the last thing you should worry about is if the carrier you’ve put your baby in is safe. Unfortunately, there are often things that go wrong with baby carriers that pose serious safety risks for both you and your baby. That’s why we’re here to help. We keep this page consistently updated with the most recent baby carrier recalls so you’re up-to-date on the latest safety information.
- 1 Important Information About Baby Carrier Recalls
- 1.1 Aldi Adventuride Hiking Baby Carrier
- 1.2 Infantino Baby Carriers
- 1.3 Eddie Bauer Infant Carrier Recalls
- 1.4 Action Baby Carrier Recalls
- 1.5 Beco Baby Butterfly Carrier Recalls
- 1.6 Ellaroo Ring Sling Baby Carrriers
- 1.7 Baby Trend Back Pack Carrier Recalls
- 1.8 SlingRider Infant Carrier Recall
- 1.9 ZoloWear Infant Carriers/Slings Recall
- 2 Alternative Baby Carriers we RECOMMEND
Important Information About Baby Carrier Recalls
Baby carrier recalls aren’t common. However, whenever there is a baby carrier recall, it’s important to ensure you follow the safety information provided in the recall instructions. Most of the time, companies will encourage you to return the baby carrier for a full refund. However, some baby carrier recalls will also include information on how you can fix the potential hazard with the carrier.
Aldi Adventuride Hiking Baby Carrier
In November 2021, Aldi recalled 10,000 of their ‘Hiking’ baby carriers. Aldi stated that a component on some of the carriers could fail, causing the carrier to no longer be safe for a baby. If you have purchased this carrier, Aldi is asking that you bring it in-store to receive a full refund.
Infantino Baby Carriers
In February 2020, Infantino has recalled 4 of their famous baby carriers due to the straps becoming loose, imposing a falling hazard for infants. The following products are affected:
- Go Forward 4-in-1 Evolved Ergonomic Carrier (Lot number 2018 0619)
- Go Forward 4-in-1 Evolved Ergonomic Carrier (Lot number 2018 0719)
- Flip Front2back Carrier (Lot number 2018 0719)
- Up Close Newborn Carrier (2018 0719)
If you have purchased any of these carriers, you should call the company directly, and they will give you instructions on how to receive a free carrier as a replacement. Here are the latest baby carrier recalls we could find as of this date [updated Jan 2020]. Please check back for the latest child safety updates (updated monthly).
Eddie Bauer Infant Carrier Recalls
- This carrier was recalled on October 16, 2018, due to manufacturing hazards. The buckles on the carrier can easily break, posing a serious danger for babies. The company has sold about 22.000 units, and there are two options available when it comes to satisfying the customers: replacement or refund. To find out more information related, check this site.
Action Baby Carrier Recalls
- The baby carrier’s chest strap might detach from the shoulder strap. Sold at specialty retail stores across the U.S. from May 2008 – June 2008, in various colors such as blue, brown, green, so square, the larrisa, and spring breeze.
- Contact Optave Inc. at toll-free (888) 666-6459, or visit their website: www.actionbabycarriers.com, to learn more about the recall.
Alternative to try: Infantino Flip 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier
Infantino, smartly designed products for happy parenting. This 4-in-1 carrier with adjustable ergonomic seat, shoulder straps and waist belt to shift weight to the wearers hips for a more comfortable fit
Beco Baby Butterfly Carrier Recalls
- The buckles on the shoulder strap may accidentally release tension, posing a fall hazard for the child (clear defect). The recalled carriers were sold under the name “Beco Baby Carrier Butterfly.” The carriers have a black label with a green “b” logo on the left side and a butterfly on the right side. The label is sewn on the outside of the carrier. The following carrier styles are included in the recall: Mia, Pony Express, Carnival, Addison, Ethan, Sophia, Cameron, Ava and Joshua.
- Contact Beco Baby Carrier Inc. toll-free at (888) 943-8232/9-GET-BECO safety hotline to learn more about this recall.
Alternative to try: Beco 8 Baby Carrier
The Beco 8 has everything you need to customize your babywearing experience with none of the extraneous bits and bobs. With the 8 you have the option to carry your child on the front, back or hip.
Ellaroo Ring Sling Baby Carrriers
- This recall includes Ellaroo Ring Sling baby carriers with item numbers 2101 and 2102 printed on the outside of the product box. The Ellaroo Ring Sling has a fabric carrier with two aluminum rings that is worn by the user to carry an infant up to 35 pounds. The carriers are sold in mahogany, mango stone, brasilia and malay color prints. Only sling carriers with lot numbers 03/07 and 07/04 printed on a label, under the size label, inside the Ring Sling are included in the recall.
- For more information on this recall, contact Ellaroo at (800) 483-4902 or visit their website, www.ellaroo.com.
Alternative to try: Mamaway Ring Sling Baby Wrap Carrier
Baby Trend Back Pack Carrier Recalls
- The stitching at the top of the carrier might come loose, or detach. Only carriers with style number 2512 and 2592LX are included in the recall.
- Sold nationwide from March 2002 through November 2006.
- For more information on this recall, contact Baby Trend at (800) 328-7363, or visit their website: www.babytrend.com.
Alternative to try: Baby Back Pack Cross Country Carrier
The child carrier features an easy adjustment system to provide a comfortable fit for you and your child. The metal stands on the backpack allow it to sit upright on a flat surface to help you put your child in and out of our carrier. They quickly fold in when on the go. Folds flat for easy storage and portability.
SlingRider Infant Carrier Recall
- The plastic slider can break, which can cause the strap to release prematurely. These were sold online and in select retail locations from July 2006 through February 2007.
- For more information, contact Infantino toll-free at (888) 808-3111, or visit their website: http://service.infantino.com.
Alternative to try: Baby Womb World Sling Wrap Carrier for Infants
ZoloWear Infant Carriers/Slings Recall
- There has been one report of the webbing coming loose from the carrier. These were sold on the ZoloWear website, and in select retail locations from May 2005 through August 2005.
- For more information, ZoloWear, Inc. at (888) 285-0044, or visit their site: www.zolowear.com/recall to learn more about the recall specifically.
Alternative to Try: KeaBabies Infant Carrier Slings
KeaBabies Wrap Carrier #1 Must-Have For All Modern Parents! Our Premium Baby Wrap Carrier is made with love and dedication, we are committed to offer you a soft, easy-to-use, breathable, and versatile wrap that will take your babywearing to a whole new level of experience.