Investing in a baby carrier or car seat is a big decision for most parents. They are two of the things you’ll use daily when taking care of your little ones. But what if you find a brand or product that you really love and suddenly discover that it’s been recalled? What can you do about that?
I know how much your baby brands mean to you. That’s why I compiled this list of baby carrier and car seat recalls that you’ll sure to find useful. Keep coming back to check this list, before and after you buy. Not only will I keep this page updated with the latest recalls, I will offer proven alternatives that you’ll love just as much, if not more.
Note — We will only go back to recalls under 8 years or so. If you think your car seat, baby carrier, or booster seat might be recalled, the best thing you can do is call the manufacturer.
While we do our best here to offer a full list, we are not able to list every single recall on car seats, carriers, and boosters. In 2017 alone, “755,000 seats from six manufacturers had some type of issue” (Source: https://www.fatherly.com/gear/every-car-seat-recalled-in-2017/). That being said, we’ll do our best to give you the latest car seat recalls in the U.S. so you can shop smarter. Check this list before you buy!
- 1 Baby Carrier Recalls
- 2 Car Seat Recalls
- 2.1 Baby Jogger — City Go Infant Car Seat, City Mini Infant Car Seat, Vue Lite Infant Car Seat
- 2.2 Baby Trend — Hybrid LX 3-in-1
- 2.3 Baby Trend, Trendz Fastback
- 2.4 Britax, B-Safe 35, B-Safe 35 Elite, B-Safe 35 Elite Travel Sy, B-Safe 35 Travel System, Bob B-Safe 35
- 2.5 Britax, B-Safe 35 Elite, B-Safe 35 Elite Travel Sy, B-Safe 35 Travel System
- 2.6 Britax. Advocate Clicktight, Boulevard Clicktight, Marathon Clicktight
- 2.7 Britax, Advocate 70 G3, Boulevard 70 G3, Pavilion 70 G3
- 2.8 Britax, Chaperone E9L692J Blk/Sil, Chaperone E9L692K (Red), Chaperone E9L692L Cowmoof, Chaperone E9L692M Green
- 2.9 Graco, My Ride 65
- 2.10 4moms Self-Installing Car Seat
- 2.11 Graco My Ride 65
- 2.12 Combi Shuttle Travel System
- 3 Booster Seat Recalls
Baby Carrier Recalls
Here are the latest baby carrier recalls we could find as of this date [updated October, 2018]. Please check back.
Eddie Bauer Infant Carriers
- This carrier was recalled on October 16, 2018, due to manufacturing hazard. The buckles on the carrier can easily break, posing a serious danger for babies. The company has sold about 22.000 units, and there are two options available when it comes to satisfying the customers: replacement or refund. To find out more information related, check https://goldbuginc.com/
Action Baby Carriers
- The baby carrier’s chest strap might detach from the shoulder strap. Sold at specialty retail stores across the U.S. from May 2008 – June 2008, in various colors such as blue, brown, green, so square, the larrisa, and spring breeze.
- Contact Optave Inc. at toll-free (888) 666-6459, or visit their website: www.actionbabycarriers.com, to learn more about the recall.
Alternative to try: Infantino Flip 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier
Beco Baby Butterfly Carriers
- The buckles on the shoulder strap may accidentally release tension, posing as a fall hazard for baby. The recalled carriers were sold under the name “Beco Baby Carrier Butterfly.” The carriers have a black label with a green “b” logo on the left side and a butterfly on the right side. The label is sewn on the outside of the carrier. The following carrier styles are included in the recall: Mia, Pony Express, Carnival, Addison, Ethan, Sophia, Cameron, Ava and Joshua.
- Contact Beco Baby Carrier Inc. toll-free at (888) 943-8232/9-GET-BECO to learn more about this recall.
Alternative to try: Beco 8 Baby Carrier
Ellaroo Ring Sling Baby Carrriers
- This recall includes Ellaroo Ring Sling baby carriers with item numbers 2101 and 2102 printed on the outside of the product box. The Ellaroo Ring Sling has a fabric carrier with two aluminum rings that is worn by the user to carry an infant up to 35 pounds. The carriers are sold in mahogany, mango stone, brasilia and malay color prints. Only sling carriers with lot numbers 03/07 and 07/04 printed on a label, under the size label, inside the Ring Sling are included in the recall.
- For more information on this recall, contact Ellaroo at (800) 483-4902 or visit their website, www.ellaroo.com.
Alternative to try: Mamaway Ring Sling Baby Wrap Carrier
Baby Trend Back Pack Carriers
- The stitching at the top of the carrier might come loose, or detach. Only carriers with style number 2512 and 2592LX are included in the recall.
- Sold nationwide from March 2002 through November 2006.
- For more information on this recall, contact Baby Trend at (800) 328-7363, or visit their website: www.babytrend.com.
Alternative to try: Baby Back Pack Cross Country Carrier
SlingRider Infant Carriers
- The plastic slider can break, which can cause the strap to release. These were sold online and in select retail locations from July 2006 through February 2007.
- For more information, contact Infantino toll-free at (888) 808-3111, or visit their website: http://service.infantino.com.
Alternative to try: Baby Womb World Sling Wrap Carrier for Infants
ZoloWear Infant Carriers/Slings
- There has been one report of the webbing coming loose from the carrier. These were sold on the ZoloWear website, and in select retail locations from May 2005 through August 2005.
- For more information, ZoloWear, Inc. at (888) 285-0044, or visit their site: www.zolowear.com/recall to learn more about the recall specifically.
Alternative to Try: KeaBabies Infant Carrier Slings
Car Seat Recalls
Here are the latest car seat recalls as of this date.
Baby Jogger — City Go Infant Car Seat, City Mini Infant Car Seat, Vue Lite Infant Car Seat
- Baby Jogger will notify registered owners and will provide a free replacement infant car seat. The recall began on September 27, 2016. Owners may contact Baby Jogger toll-free at 1-800-241-1848.
Alternative to try: Baby Jogger 2016 City Go Infant Car Seat, Black
Baby Trend — Hybrid LX 3-in-1
- Baby Trend will notify owners and replace the child seat or provide a full refund. The recall began on February 13, 2017. Owners may contact Baby Trend customer service at 1-800-328-7363.
Alternative to try: Baby Trend Hybrid LX 3 in 1 Booster Car Seat, Aries
Baby Trend, Trendz Fastback
- Baby Trend will notify registered owners and will provide replacement buckles when they become available. The recall began on April 25, 2014. Owners may contact Baby Trend at 1-800-328-7363 or visit their website at www.babytrend.com.
- Production Dates: October 1, 2011 – July 31, 2013
Alternative to try: Graco Nautilus 65 3-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat, Sully, One Size
Britax, B-Safe 35, B-Safe 35 Elite, B-Safe 35 Elite Travel Sy, B-Safe 35 Travel System, Bob B-Safe 35
- Britax will notify owners and will provide a replacement chest clip marked “PC”, free of charge. The recall began on June 21, 2017. Owners may contact Britax at 1-833-474-7016 or visit www.bsafe35clip.com.
- Production Dates: November 1, 2015 – May 31, 2017
Alternative to try: Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System
Britax, B-Safe 35 Elite, B-Safe 35 Elite Travel Sy, B-Safe 35 Travel System
- Britax will notify all registered owners and will ship them a remedy kit that includes a carry handle reinforcing bracket, free of charge. The recall began on January 21, 2016. Owners may contact Britax customer service at 1-800-683-2045 or Britax.Recall@Britax.com. Please Note: This does not affect the safety performance of the seat when used in a motor vehicle. It is safe for consumers to continue to use their car seat when secured in a vehicle or on a stroller. The car seat should not be lifted or carried by the carry handle until the remedy kit has been installed.
- Production Dates: October 1, 2014 – July 1, 2015
Alternative to try: Graco FastAction Travel System
Britax. Advocate Clicktight, Boulevard Clicktight, Marathon Clicktight
- Britax will notify registered owners and send them a remedy kit that includes a lubricant to apply to the harness adjuster button, free of charge. The recall began on August 14, 2015. Owners may contact Britax customer service at 1-888-427-4829, option 3 or by visiting www.BritaxClickTightConvertibleRecall.com.
- Production Dates: August 1, 2014 – July 29, 2015
Alternative to try: Evenflo Maestro Booster Car Seat
Britax, Advocate 70 G3, Boulevard 70 G3, Pavilion 70 G3
- Britax will provide owners with replacement HUGS pads that are made from a firmer material and instructions on how to replace the pads free of charge. To view a video on how to remove and replace the HUGS chest pads visit www.BritaxUSA.com/support/safety-notices and select the product from the menu on the right side. Owners may remove the HUGS pads and continue using the seat until replacement pads are received. The safety recall began on November 5, 2012. Owners may contact Britax Customer Service Department at 1-888-427-4829 with questions or to request replacement pads in the event their restraint is not already registered with Britax.
- Production Dates: June 11, 2012 – August 31, 2012
Alternative to try: Cybex Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0
Britax, Chaperone E9L692J Blk/Sil, Chaperone E9L692K (Red), Chaperone E9L692L Cowmoof, Chaperone E9L692M Green
- Britax will notify owners and provide repair kits free of charge. The Safety recall of the kits began February 7, 2012. Contact Britax at 1-888-427-4829.
- Production Dates: September 1, 2010 – April 30, 2011
Alternative to try: Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35 Infant Car Seat
Graco, My Ride 65
- Graco will notify owners, and dealers will provide consumers with a replacement harness, free of charge. The recall began on July 7, 2017. Owners may contact Graco customer service at 1-800-345-4109.
- Production Dates: May 20, 2014 – August 1, 2014
Alternative to try: Evenflo SureRide DLX Convertible Car Seat
4moms Self-Installing Car Seat
- Seats may not securely attach to the base due to faulty coupling hooks. Call 1-88-614-6667, or visit the 4moms recall website for more information.
- Production Dates: July 1, 2016 – October 31, 2016
Alternative to try: Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4/35 Infant Car Seat with base
Graco My Ride 65
- There may be defective webbing. Contact Graco gracobaby.com, 800-345-4109 for more information with your model number in hand.
- Seats were manufactured between May 16, 2014 through August 1, 2014.
Alternative to try: Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat
Combi Shuttle Travel System
- Only two model numbers are affected in this recall 6100027 or 6100100, in titanium and red chili colors. Individually, both are still considered safe, but the recall is for them used together as the seat can disengage from the stroller.
- Contact Combiusa.com for more information.
Alternative to try: Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
Booster Seat Recalls
Here are the latest booster seat recalls that we could find as of this date.
Baby Trend Hybrid LX 3-in-1 Centennial Booster Seat
- Baby Trend recalled the Hybrid LX 3-in-1 Centennial and Kiwi boosters seats — model #’s FB48417, FB58181) only affects 34 seats. Contact Baby Trend Saftey Notices website for more information, or call 800-328-7363.
- Manufactured July 13, July 14, 2016 and sold at Walmart.
Alternative to try: Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat
Diono Convertible and Booster Car Seats, Radian R100, Radian R120, Radian RXT, Olympia, Pacifica, Rainier models
- When using just the lap belt (withougt top tether) some 500,000 + Diono car seats may cause chest injuries to forward-facing kids weighing over 65 pounds when in a crash.
- Contact Diono.com, or call 855-215-4951 for more information.
Alternative to try: Evenflo Chase Harnessed Booster