- Baby Food Recall List : Baby and Toddler Food Recalls - September 29, 2022
- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles : Which is Better? - May 26, 2022
- Snuggle Me vs DockaTot : Which is Better? - May 26, 2022
Making homemade baby food for your little one is no longer about tossing some ingredients into a blender and hoping that the resulting mixture isn’t too runny or too lumpy. These days, you’ve got more options to make the best out of making baby food yourself, and when it comes to the Baby Brezza vs BEABA Babycook they are two viable options to choose from. In both cases, you get a steamer and blender in one to not only mix a plethora of ingredients to your baby’s liking but also cook it all beforehand.
This eliminates the need to cook each ingredient beforehand and instead, you can enjoy the extra free time with your little one while their food is coming together in the baby food maker. However, with the BEABA Babycook there is the matter of taking out the steaming basket and then dumping the contents into the actual blender part of the device before it can become baby food.
The Baby Brezza on the other hand, steam cooks and then blends everything in one single container and with the press of a few buttons. Of course, the Baby Brezza is not without its faults, though, since to use it just for the blending function, you do need to hold down on the button for continuous motion.
Obviously, both options have their positive qualities as well as some which aren’t so desirable in a baby food maker that you might need for your family.
The idea here is to look at the Baby Brezza vs the Beaba Babycook to figure out which option is the better choice for you and for your baby too. There are plenty of qualities to consider, including cost, effectiveness, ease of use, and yes, cleaning.
In some cases, a baby food-making kitchen tool might steam and blend food well enough, but then be such a headache to clean. And since you do need to clean these types of devices after each use, you won’t want tons of parts to keep track of each time. When it all comes down to it, though, one of these two devices is bound to be what you’re looking for to help get yourself started on making your baby food.
The Baby Brezza is designed to be a one-step baby food maker, which can make the whole process so easy for you once you get the hang of it. All you need to do is put the ingredients for your baby’s food in the bowl provided and press the correct setting to have it steam and blend it all together in as little as 10 minutes.
That means you can set it and essentially forget it, as it allows you to walk away while it’s cooking and blending. When it comes time to clean it, the steam tank can be opened to allow you to rinse it thoroughly and the bowl and blade are both dishwasher safe, which makes cleanup that much easier for you.
Most importantly, though, there is a specific unmistakable value in being able to cook and blend your little one’s baby food all in one container and either pour the resulting food into pouches or containers right from there or scoop some into a bowl to feed your baby.
- Functions: The kitchen tool can steam and blend your baby’s food, but can also be used to do both functions at once.
- Cook Time: In as little as 10 minutes, you can have an entire bowl full of steamed and mixed baby food for your child.
- Capacity: The bowl of the Baby Brezza can hold up to three cups of mixed food at once.
- Price: Check out the latest price on Amazon!
- Where To Buy: You can find the baby food maker on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Bed Bath & Beyond and Buy Buy Baby.
- The small LCD screen is easy to read and operate, even for new parents without much experience with such devices.
- After it automatically purees the baby food, it will be in a consistency that’s neither too thin or too chunky, mimicking the texture of most other baby foods.
- You can take it apart to clean it, and both the bowl and blade are dishwasher safe, making the cleaning part a lot easier than you might expect.
- It comes with funnels and convenient pouches to store the baby food once you’ve made a batch.
- It can be difficult to get larger chunks of meat blended thoroughly the first time around.
- Water can accumulate at the bottom of the steamer/blender, so if you don’t empty it, it can add to the consistency of the baby food in the bowl.
- Since it can only hold three cups of food at once, it may not be big enough for bigger batches, which some parents may prefer over smaller quantities of baby food.
“Love this steamer and baby food maker combo. I wish I had it five months ago; I would have saved time boiling or to microwave all the vitamins out of my daughter’s vegetables all this time.
This is much smaller than I expected, fits on my low cabinet shelf between uses. Easy to wash (takes one minute to take apart and scrub it with a bottle brush).” – F. Cortuno on Amazon.
“This little machine is awesome! Prep is so minimal – wash and dice your fruits or veggies, and then the Baby Brezza Complete steams and purees for me! I found it very easy to use, and cleanup was simple.” – Heather D. Couillard on Amazon.
“this Baby Brezza food maker, while not entirely necessary, is incredibly efficient and most certainly pays for itself! Our son loves to have the little pouch snacks, especially in the car and at the movies. He slurps those suckers down constantly. This machine allows us to make as many as he wants for a better price and with the knowledge of what’s going inside! No nasty chemicals or sugars.” – A. Pittore on Amazon.
“I absolutely love the Baby Brezza. I use it every day in order to prepare solids for my twins. It is incredibly easy…you slice the food, and you can choose to blend, steam and blend, or just steam the food. The blending option creates wonderful purées, and I love that I am feeding my babies all natural foods that I make myself.” – Tiffany on Amazon.
Not only is the BEABA Babycook small enough to store away or keep on your kitchen counter, but it’s also aesthetically pleasing, as it can go with pretty much any decor.
Like the Baby Brezza, it can take raw fruits, vegetables, and meat and steam cook and blend them into healthy baby food options for your baby. With the touch of a button on the front of the baby food maker, it can make food for your little one in just 15 minutes.
And since it has an automatic shut-off as well as a timer to alert you when it’s done, you won’t have to worry about it overcooking your baby’s homemade food. The water reservoir at the bottom is stainless steel, which means you won’t have to worry about rusting over time and clean up is relatively comfortable as well.
It isn’t dishwasher safe, but you can easily wash each part, dry them, and put it all back together again before keeping it out or storing it away in a cabinet.
- Functions: You can defrost, steam cook, blend, and even reheat with the Beaba Babycook.
- Cook Time: In just 15 minutes, you can have a batch of frozen or only raw vegetables, meat, and fruit and turn it into a batch of fresh baby food.
- Capacity: The bowl of the Beaba Babycook has a size of more than 4.5 cups.
- Price: Check out the latest price on Amazon!
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Target and Buy Buy Baby.
- It has a much larger capacity than some other baby food makers, meaning that you can make more than a dozen baby food servings at once.
- The blending function is strong enough to entirely puree even the more stubborn food, like stringy green beans.
- You can use the baby food maker also to defrost and reheat the baby food, which is both convenient and unique functions.
- You can put it on the correct setting, walk away, and allow the food to blend on its own in the Beaba Babycook.
- Some might find it inconvenient that you have to dump the steamed food into the bowl once it’s cooked before you can blend it.
- There’s only so much that the steamer basket can hold on its own.
- After so many uses, the rubber around the lid might make it difficult to close the baby food maker each time properly.
“I love the baby food maker, it is compact (does not take up much space on the counter), I also like the fact that I do not have to use a separate steamer, then clean that’ then move to a blender, etc. Easy to use and easy to clean. I can make several batches of different foods, quickly. So far so good.” – Janice Archer on Amazon.
“Excellent product – does everything you need for baby’s first foods – steams, minces and blends – and all very simply. By using this, we can keep baby food free from being contaminated by other foods we prepare in our other blender. We have used it pretty much three times a day every day since we got it, and it is still in great condition and working without a problem.” – Paul Thurston on Amazon.
“I absolutely love my Beaba! This is my 5th child & with my first four, I steamed & pureed the old fashion way with a pot and steamer basket & a processor. THIS product is amazing! Cleanup is a breeze!” – Christina Darveau on Amazon.
“It’s been a very useful purchase. Would buy it again and always recommend to my friends who have small kids. We bought it when our son was six months, and since then we cook for him in Beaba. He is almost two years now, and we are still using it.” – Anna Zeynalova on Amazon.
At the end of the day, it’s essential to choose the baby food machine that will work the best for your family and that you will be able to get the most use out of.
If there are a ton of complicated controls, it can get overwhelming. To the same tune, if there are just one or two settings, there may not be enough going on to help you make baby food to the best of your ability.
In his case, the stronger option between the two is going to be the Baby Brezza. It prides itself on being a one-step baby food maker processor, and that does seem to be the case. Even for new parents who may not have experience with making baby food in any capacity, the Baby Brezza makes tackling the sometimes daunting task that much easier.
In just minutes, you can steam and blend anything, from raw meat to harder vegetables that will be beneficial to your baby’s diet. You can also choose to just steam, just mix, or do a combination of both at the touch of only one button. The device even comes with pouches for storing baby food for later and funnels to help you get a new batch of homemade baby food into each pouch every time.
Baby Food Maker Alternatives
Making your baby food can be an intimidating process, especially if you’ve never done it before. Using the Baby Brezza to get it done can make the process much smoother and much more manageable too. It can be the difference between pureeing a baby food that has the consistency of juice more than anything and making baby food that’s thick enough for your baby to get the most out of starting on solids.
There are plenty of things about parenthood that can be brand new for some parents and yes, making your baby food is likely one of them. But with the Baby Brezza you can get a much-needed helping hand.