Any parent will tell you, that spending hours every afternoon and even every evening washing bottles, with their many pieces and parts, can be exhausting. Of course, it’s nice when some are dishwasher safe, but even then, who has the time to wait for multiple dishwasher cycles each day?
Thankfully, there are bottle sterilizers out there, like the Baby Brezza Sterilizer, to make washing bottles much easier.
Of course, sterilizers aren’t a substitute for cleaning the bottles first, but after you clean them, you can use a sterilizer to get most of the germs steamed away while also having the machine do the drying for you. Cleaning bottles are one thing, but you can never have baby bottles that are too clean or too germ-free, so that’s where a solid bottle sterilizer comes in handy.
Once upon a time, your mom, grandma, or other older female relatives may have sworn by boiling bottles to sterilize them properly. While that’s easy enough to do, there’s also something to be said for a comprehensive system like the Baby Brezza Sterilizer. And technically, it’s a 4-in-1 machine that can do plenty for you, whether you need to sterilize your baby’s bottles, sterilize and dry in one cycle, dry only, or use the system for storage of your clean bottles.
Using the control panel, you can have your baby’s bottles naturally steamed and sterilized in just eight minutes, and if you chose to leave the bottles inside afterward without opening it, they’d remain clean and ready for use for up to 24 hours afterward, which just adds to the many benefits.
On Amazon, the Baby Brezza Sterilizer is $66. Check out the latest price!
- 1 Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer
- 2 Balla Bébé S1 Convenient Steam Sterilizer And Dryer
- 3 Wabi Baby Electric Steam Sterilizer And Dryer
- 4 Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Electric Steam Sterilizer
- You can set the mode you need to use at any given time, close the sterilizer, and walk away without needing to do anything else as the machine works.
- The Baby Brezza Sterilizer removes 99.9% of germs from your baby’s bottles and bottle accessories.
- It can hold up to six bottles of varying sizes at once, along with the nipples and caps.
- You can also use the Baby Brezza for breast pump parts and pacifiers to get use out of it throughout the day without needing to sterilize these other products by hand.
- Once the machine goes through its intended cycle or cycles, it automatically shuts off on its own.
- Since you can fit differently shaped bottles in the sterilizer, you won’t have to worry about purchasing a specific brand or style.
- You can even use it just to dry your baby’s bottles after you wash them by hand if you don’t want to use the sterilize option each time.
- There is a 30-minute drying cycle that makes all of the bottles and accessories dry without water spots in the allotted time.
- You can also use the Baby Brezza to store the bottles, nipples, and bottle caps, as there are spots for them specifically in the sterilizer.
- Although you can comfortably fit up to six bottles in the Baby Brezza, that still may not be enough room for some parents or caregivers to get the most out of it at the end of the day.
- Once you have it full, it can be challenging to get the lid securely in place before turning it on.
- There is a chance that you’ll see water leaking from the steam sterilization cycle.
How Others Compare
Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer
Just because the Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer is named for the bottles of the same brand, you can still use pretty much any other bottles for the sterilizer if those are already your preference. As a sterilizer with three different functions, it refers to the ability to change the interior design, allowing you to add either six bottles in their rightful standing positions or other plastic baby accessories or breast pump parts in the bottom of the sterilizer for a quick six-minute cycle. And like the Baby Brezza, the contents will remain clean and sterile for up to 24 hours after the cycle as long as the lid remains closed. Unfortunately, unlike the Baby Brezza Sterilizer, this particular one does not have a drying feature, even if it does have cool down steam toward the end of the sterilization cycle.
On Amazon, the Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer is $36. Check out the latest price!
- The sterilization cycle is rapid.In fact, it’s not difficult to use the Philips Avent 3-in-1 multiple times throughout the day and evening. Although its best to wait a least 10 minutes between uses.
- It’s compact enough to fit on your kitchen counter or store away in virtually any cabinet.
- The ability to change up the style of the inside to fit different things to sterilize appropriately is convenient, especially if you plan to use it for something other than just bottles.
- At under $40, it’s arguably one of the more affordable bottle sterilizers out there.
- Without a drying feature, you have to be sure to properly dry all of the bottles before using or putting them away after the sterilizing cycle is complete.
- If you don’t keep the interior dry after each use, you may be faced with a rust build-up.
- Since the Philips Avent 3-in-1 doesn’t dry your bottles, you may be left with water spots that you’ll have to wash or wipe away, adding more work after you’ve already had them sterilized.
Balla Bébé S1 Convenient Steam Sterilizer And Dryer
There’s a reason that the word “convenient” is in the name of the Balla Bébé S1 Convenient Steam Sterilizer And Dryer and it’s not just for show.
There are three different ways to use the sterilizer for not only your baby’s bottles, but also pacifiers and small plastic baby items like utensils, as well as baby plastic plates, bowls, and utensils all at once. Essentially, there are three different sizes to use the sterilizer as either a sterilizer on its own, a sterilizer and dryer, or just as a bottle or utensil dryer.
To operate the Balla Bébé, you simply turn the dial to the appropriate setting and allow the machine to do its work to sanitize your baby’s eating accessories and utensils. Once the chosen cycle is complete, the sterilizer will automatically shut off so you won’t have to worry about doing it yourself.
On Amazon, the Balla Bébé S1 Convenient Steam Sterilizer And Dryer is $69. Check out the latest price!
- Overall, the Balla Bébé is quiet as it works through each cycle, so it’s not likely to disturb anyone in your home or your baby while he or she sleeps.
- It’s also easy to use regardless of the cycle or cycles you need to use it for.
- The sterilizer can accommodate as many as eight bottles, along with the different bottle accessories all at once while making each piece dry afterward.
- You can also fit more significant things, like bowls and plates, in the sterilizer, which isn’t very common for these types of systems.
- If you don’t habitually take out and clean and dry the bottom plate, you may end up with rust over time.
- It can be challenging to stand up bottles without the risk of them falling, as there are no pieces built-in to stand bottles up on.
- Even though it can fit bottles and accessories, there’s still a chance that your preferred bottles are too tall to fit in the Balla Bébé.
Wabi Baby Electric Steam Sterilizer And Dryer
If it isn’t enough that the Wabi Baby Electric Steam Sterilizer And Dryer can sterilize and dry your baby’s bottles, nipples, and bottle caps. It also has memory built-in to repeat your preferred cycles each time, saving you time and effort when using it each day or multiple times per day.
You can fit up to eight bottled at once in the main bin of the sterilizer, as well as the nipples and caps in the upper rack to get everything sterilized and dry in the allotted 60 minutes or less. Afterward, you can use the sterilizer to store the bottles inside, and it even comes with a removable plate rack to use to sterilize your baby’s plates and utensils and then as a drying rack outside of the sterilizer as well.
On Amazon, the Wabi Baby Electric Steam Sterilizer And Dryer is $101. Check out the latest price!
- You can sterilize and dry an entire batch of bottles and bottle accessories in an hour or less.
- It can also successfully sterilize and dry most plates, bowls, utensils, and sippy cups your baby or toddler may use.
- The buttons make it easy to use, and since there’s a memory function, you won’t have to put in the same instructions every time.
- It can sterilize, dry, and even store your baby’s bottles.
- It may be on the more pricey side for some families.
- The sterilizer does take up a bit of space on the kitchen counter.
- Since it uses water to steam sterilize, the Wabi Baby may leave behind a puddle of water after each use.
Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Electric Steam Sterilizer
The Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Electric Steam Sterilizer can fit up to five Close to Nature bottles or four Ultra bottles, though you can still probably fit other bottles similar in size and shape. The top rack of the sterilizer is designed to fit the nipple, cap, and cap ring for each bottle.
Plus, it works to kill 99.9% of germs lefts behind even after you clean bottles either by hand or in your dishwasher. The Baby Brezza also does this for you, but it dries bottles too, whereas the Tommee Tippee does not have a drying cycle at all. Even so, you can sterilize your bottles in just five minutes, and as long as you keep the machine closed for up to 24 hours afterward, the bottles will stay sterile and sanitized.
On Amazon, the Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Electric Steam Sterilizer is $60. Check out the latest price!
- Sterilizing bottles and their accessories takes just five minutes and even though the Tommee Tippee doesn’t dry them, the quick sterilizing time does mean more cycles throughout the day.
- It’s large enough to fit not only bottles but also most of your breast pump parts.
- You can use it for most bottles, even though it is a Tommee Tippee brand sterilizer.
- Even for parents who have never used one, it’s easy to operate.
- It’s spacious, so it allows for a lot of bottles and accessories to be inside of it at once, but that means it also takes up a bit of room on your kitchen counter.
- There isn’t a drying function, so you’ll need to dry the bottles and nipples by hand after each cycle.
- When full, the tray on top inside of the sterilizer can tilt a bit, moving some of the smaller pieces inside of it.
As with any vital baby product you expect to get a lot of use out of, it’s important to weigh your pros and cons when it comes to the Baby Brezza Sterilizer. It’s hard to ignore the benefits of a sterilizer that can also dry in minutes and be used as one or the other if that’s what you prefer.
It’s also well below $100, which you can’t say the same for when it comes to some other bottle sterilizers. There is the pesky leaking water you may come across at times, but that could happen with almost any bottle sterilizer, and the good far outweighs any negative aspects to the Baby Brezza Sterilizer.
It’s also a big plus that the Baby Brezza has a drying function since, as you can see, not all bottle sterilizers have that capability. You can go with one of the brands that compare to it of course, but at the end of the day, none quite live up to the value, ease of use, and versatility that the Baby Brezza Sterilizer brings to the table.