- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles: Which is Better? - January 23, 2023
- Baby Formula Recalls : Latest Baby Formula Recall - January 16, 2023
- Tommee Tippee vs Avent: Which is Better? - January 5, 2023
It probably depends on how you look at it, but it seems like every few years, parents of toddlers see tons of new baby items that they wish they had been able to purchase when their own child was a baby. Luckily, some of the work is done for you here, so you can do everything you can to avoid that, especially when comparing two important bouncers, one of which is bound to be the best one for your own baby.
When comparing the Baby Bjorn Bouncer Balance Soft vs. the Evenflo Lyric Musical Bouncer, you’re sure to find similarities between the two products, but also differences to really set them apart from one another and help you narrow down which is best for you.
If it’s something as simple as pricing, then the Evenflo Lyric Musical Bouncer will probably be your top pick. But since there are other aspects to a good bouncer, like not needing to switch out batteries on a regular basis, then the Baby Bjorn Bouncer Balance Soft might just be the more suitable choice for your family.
Either way, you’re going to get an item that’s beneficial to your baby in the long run, but in the end, it’s up to you to decide which is best for your baby’s needs.
Baby Bjorn Bouncer Balance Soft
Since not many other bouncers have this feature, it may be hard to tell at first that the Baby Bjorn Bouncer Balance Soft actually doubles as a chair when your toddler grows out of it as a bouncer, so right away, you’ll be able to use it longer than you will with most other bouncers.
From birth, with a minimum weight of 7.8 pounds, your baby can begin using the bouncer, and all the way up to the age of two or 29 pounds. In order to convert it, you just have to turn the actual seat around to use the bouncer as a chair for your toddler once they can sit down without any help.
The design itself is ergonomic, made with your baby’s physical development and comfort in mind. It pays extra special attention in giving support to your little one’s neck, head, and back, while the fitted stretchy fabric helps to evenly distribute your baby’s weight throughout the bouncer.
Since it requires no batteries or outlets, the Baby Bjorn Bouncer Balance Soft does require that your baby’s gentle movements rock it, but that adds to the benefits for your baby, as the rocking helps your baby develop their fine motor skills and balance. Overall, its simple design becomes effective in aiding your baby in his or her development, while keeping them safely secured in the seat.
- Set Up And Storage: The bouncer unfolds for setting up easily and can be folded all the way down flat for storage.
- Positions: There are three different positions you can use for your baby, and each is for play, rest and sleep, respectively.
- Weight Limit: Since the bouncer can later be used as a toddler chair, the weight limit is 20 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find the bouncer on Amazon or in-store at Target or Babies ‘R Us.
- Since it’s lightweight and easy to fold, the bouncer is easy to take with you anywhere you go.
- You don’t need batteries, so you’ll never have to change any, and it’s not electric powered, so you’ll never need to find an outlet to be able to use it for your baby.
- It promotes movement from your baby since their bouncing is required to keep it moving.
- The different positions allow your baby to be able to see all around them even when they don’t yet know how to hold their head up.
- Some parents may find the cost to be out of their price range for a bouncer.
- If your baby doesn’t kick or wiggle while in the bouncer, it won’t move enough to really get its intended use out of it.
- The black fabric attracts lots of lint and animal fur around the house and it’s difficult to keep it all off.
“My baby loves this. She is three months and we’ve been using it as soon as we felt comfortable putting her in since there are no head supports. She loves being bounced and eventually will bounce herself. It is extremely portable and we move it all over our home.” – SAR on Amazon.
“A great tool for your baby. Our son really likes the bouncing motion and can sit quietly for at least 30 mins which is a minor miracle. It also collapses easily and travels with us everywhere. I would buy one for my next kid in a heartbeat.” – Ryan Petro on Amazon.
“This bjorn has been a game-changer for our newborn. He loves to sit and bounce happily while playing with his toys. We have also bounced him inside this to get him to go to sleep when our arms need a much-needed break.” – Jennifer Johnson on Amazon.
Evenflo Lyric Musical Bouncer
While some parents may not love the fact that the Evenflo Lyric Musical Bouncer requires batteries, that’s only because it vibrates and plays songs in order to soothe and entertain your baby while they’re sitting in it.
The newborn head insert means your newborn can even get in on the fun early on, and as they grow and develop, you can always remove the insert later on. There’s also an auto shut-off after 30 minutes, but you probably won’t be getting tired of the music anytime soon. This, since the bouncer, is Bluetooth enabled, so it can play all of the songs you want while your baby is relaxing in it.
Sure, that doesn’t necessarily mean your favorite gym playlist, but it also means that you won’t be subject to the same three nursery rhymes over and over.
Like the Baby Bjorn, the Evenflo Lyric Musical Bouncer folds easily for storage and portability. In addition, it has more than one seat setting in order to get your baby in the most comfortable position possible for them. There’s also a three-point harness for added safety, and two different vibration settings, so your little one won’t be locked down for just one.
It even comes with a couple of different toys on the handlebar to keep your baby interested and help them feel at ease, so while it’s closer to your average bouncer, it definitely has its own personal touches.
- Set Up And Storage: It unfolds easily and then collapses all the way down to lock in a flat position for easy moving and storage.
- Positions: There are two different positions available with the Evenflo Lyric Musical Bouncer.
- Weight Limit: It can be used from birth and up to 15 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Bed Bath & Beyond.
- Your baby can listen to whatever music you want him or her to listen to while enjoying the bouncer.
- It’s easy to store and transport the bouncer since it folds flat and locks into place.
- The newborn insert makes it safer and easier to allow your infant to enjoy the bouncer right away.
- Since babies can be varying in size, the weight limit may only allow some babies to use the bouncer for a short time.
- If the vibration is on while the music is on, it may be hard to hear the music over it.
- Some parents or caregivers might find it difficult to lock the toy bar into place.
“Very chic. I didn’t realize there was a Bluetooth connection — a plus! Great buy!” – Britton S. on Amazon.
“It’s cool that it has Bluetooth capabilities and you can connect your phone to play music. The thing is… the sound is so low you can’t even hear it. Especially if you have the vibrate mode on. The vibrate is very loud and the music is whisper quiet. Fix those 2 things and this would be a great bouncer.” – Lilit on Amazon.
“Perfect for a newborn, the seat is not deep enough when they get bigger and I don’t love the vibration mode for a newborn baby. Would love if it would just rock back and forth.” – B.C. on Amazon.
While it’s true that being more expensive does not necessarily always mean a product is better, that seems to be the case with the Baby Bjorn Bouncer Soft vs. the Evenflo Lyric Musical Bouncer. The Baby Bjorn bouncer might be more costly, but it does show a certain amount of quality that’s reflected in its price tag and makes the cost well worth it overall.
Some parents might prefer to have music or vibration built into their baby’s bouncer, but the Baby Bjorn Bouncer Balance Soft helps your baby to make the movement themselves, which not only adds healthy movement on their part but also means zero batteries and zero plugs.
Sure, you can easily collapse and store both of the bouncers in the same manner, but what the Baby Bjorn bouncer is offering includes an ergonomic design and simplicity that really works for the bouncer that eventually turns into a toddler chair.
When choosing the bouncer that works best for your baby and your family as a whole, there are certainly going to be a lot of qualities you look for.
But each individual has their own top priorities, which might be cost, safety, longevity, or even the general details that the bouncer offers that others may not. In this case, your most reliable choice is likely the Baby Bjorn Bouncer Balance Soft, but since everyone’s needs and tastes are different, it’s possible that you won’t be totally satisfied by what you get with the sleek bouncer. So when it’s all said and done, it’s up to you to decide which feels like the right purchase.