Last Updated on
Just because using plastic bottles is the norm, it doesn’t mean that you too have to adopt that practice once you have a baby.
In fact, using glass bottles like the Baby Brezza Bottles does away with worries of harmful chemicals being used in the materials or whether or not you’ll ruin the bottles with hot water or even dishwasher use. The bottles come in just two parts, which are a glass bottle and the BPA-free nipple portion on top which is easy to clean and designed with Brezza’s TruFlo Anti-Colic System to help prevent your baby from swallowing air as he or she drinks from the bottles.
The wide nipple isn’t unlike that of other similar plastic bottles and makes an easy transition from breast to bottle for your little one.
The main difference between this bottle and others is simply the glass used to make the bottle, which is easier to clean, doesn’t stain, and is dishwasher safe and safe to boil to sanitize it since it’s not made of any plastic parts but is made from transparent borosilicate glass.
The wide mouth of the bottle makes it easy to clean with a sponge rather than needing an actual bottle brush and with just two pieces to keep track of; there’s little chance you’ll lose either of them while cleaning or storing the bottles. For some, they’re an easy and useful alternative to plastic bottles, and on Amazon, a two-pack of Baby Brezza Bottles is $25. Check out the latest price!
- The bottles are made from glass, as opposed to plastic, which can sometimes be harmful even if it is BPA-free.
- They come in just two parts per bottle, which makes cleaning easier and more efficient.
- The nipples on the bottles are close to the real thing, which can be beneficial for breastfed babies.
- The bottles have an anti-colic system built into the nipples to help prevent gas in babies or extra air intake.
- With an ergonomic shape, the bottles are relatively easy to hold, even for little hands.
- With a nipple similar to real nipples, your baby has less of a chance of having nipple confusion while using the bottle.
- Being shorter and broader, these bottles are easy to clean and easy to hold as well.
- They’re easy to clean and really require no involved maintenance when compared to plastic bottles.
- With the comprehensive design of the bottles, it leaves little to no room for milk to build up or get stuck between cleanings.
- Since they are made of glass, you, of course, run the risk of dropping and breaking them from time to time.
- It can be challenging to get the lid wholly tightened on the bottle.
- For some babies, the nipple may collapse a little more easily than that of other bottles.
How Others Compare
Dr. Brown’s Options Glass Wide-Neck Bottle
You probably already know a lot about Dr. Brown’s bottles, but you may not be familiar with the Dr. Brown’s Glass Wide-Neck Bottle.
The bottle comes in either a five or nine-ounce version and comes with the different pieces for a vent system that helps control the additional air intake of your baby during feedings. But, to set it apart from your standard bottles, even more, you can also choose not to use the extra pieces that go along with the vent system and still get plenty of use out of the bottle.
Just like Dr. Brown’s other bottles, this particular one helps in reducing colic and spit-up as well as burping and gas in babies. Since you might already trust the other anti-colic bottles by Dr. Brown’s, it shouldn’t be all that difficult to trust the glass bottles that the brand offers.
By helping with digestion, the bottle also ensures that your baby is getting all of the nutrients that he or she needs and with the different silicone sleeves, it makes it easier for your little one to grip the bottle as well eventually. On Amazon, a three-pack of Dr. Brown’s Options Glass Wide-Neck Bottles is $25. Check out the latest price!
- The silicone sleeves are helpful in preventing dropping the bottle and also to help your baby learn to hold the bottle too.
- The nipple vent helps with gas, colic, and food digestion.
- For the most part, they’re also easy to put together.
- While the cap might be a little tight when taking it off, it can also be seen as beneficial in preventing leaks or spills.
- Being made of glass, the bottles are heavy and may take some getting used to.
- It can be a nuisance to wash each part of the bottles.
- The level one nipples that come with the bottles may not be suitable or preferred for all babies or toddlers using the bottles.
Joovy Boob Glass Bottle
The Joovy Boob Glass Bottle is designed in such a way that you can easily use it right from the start if you’re looking to strictly bottle feed anyway. You can buy one with or without the silicone sleeves, but in doing so, you give your baby the chance to learn to hold it and feed themselves sooner.
Because it’s made of glass, the Joovy Boob Glass Bottle doesn’t stain, yellow, or scratch very easily, as plastic bottles tend to do, and the nipple has a wide and deep shape to allow an easy latch from your baby. It also has a CleanFlow Vent that works to help prevent nipple collapse while also preventing uncomfortable symptoms of colic in your baby’s stomach.
It comes with a level one slow flow nipple. But there are five total levels to choose from if you wish to purchase a different one separately. On Amazon, a Joovy Boob Glass Bottle is $12. Check out the latest price!
- The glass is sturdy enough to survive drops at times, even without a silicone sleeve on the bottle.
- Your baby can transition from the real thing to this nipple quickly and go back and forth with little to no issue.
- The nipple itself isn’t very thin, which helps prevent nipple collapse.
- It’s easy to read the measurements on the side of the bottle, even in the middle of the night, and they don’t get worn off easily.
- There are four parts to the bottle, which can be tedious in taking apart to clean and then putting back together afterward.
- With just one bottle costing you more than $10, the Joovy Boob may not be in your general price range for bottles.
- When placed in a bottle warmer, you run the risk of the glass shattering.
Lifefactory Glass Baby Bottle
If you’re a little weary about using a glass bottle with your infant, the Lifefactory Glass Baby Bottle comes with a medical grade non-slip silicone cover already on it. This not only helps your baby grip the bottle easier, but it also provides some protection in the event of the bottle falling.
The bottle itself is dishwasher safe, but luckily, so is the silicone cover, so you won’t even need to take it off when you put the bottle in the dishwasher to clean it. Surprisingly, the bottle is also compatible with most breast pumps, which is convenient for moms looking to make the step from exclusive breastfeeding to bottle feeding.
Speaking of which, the stage one silicone nipple is also shaped in a way that promotes easy patching and won’t confuse your breastfed baby. On Amazon, the Lifefactory Glass Baby Bottle is $15. Check out the latest price!
- Although they’re glass and do run the risk of shattering, for the most part, they can handle a lot, especially with the silicone sleeve on them.
- With just three pieces to them, the Lifefactory Glass Baby Bottles are also relatively easy to clean by hand after each use.
- But if you’d rather use the dishwasher, the bottle and silicone sleeve are both dishwasher safe.
- Although they’re made of glass, the bottles are more lightweight than you might expect them to be.
- There are no measurement markings on the bottle that can be seen on the actual bottles.
- There’s no protection against your baby taking in extra air through the nipples, bringing gassiness and fussiness to your baby.
- Although the nipple is a stage one, you might feel as though the milk still comes out too fast.
Chicco NaturalFit Glass Baby Bottle
The Chicco NaturalFit Glass Baby Bottle is made from glass, as the Baby Brezza Bottle, but the silicone sleeve it comes with covers so much space of the bottle that you won’t feel as though you’re using a somewhat fragile and slightly heavier bottle than a plastic one.
You don’t have to use the sleeve that comes with it, but should you decide to, it’s designed with an opening so you can still see the measurement marks on the side of the bottle. It also comes with two different nipples, one of which is angled with a broad base for easier latching and mimics the feel of the real thing.
The bottle is made with just three pieces — the bottle, nipple, and ring that goes around the nipple — all of which are easy to clean and the wide neck of the bottle makes it even easier to clean without a bottle brush. As to be expected, there’s also an anti-colic system with the nipples. And on Amazon, a two-pack of Chicco NaturalFit Glass Baby Bottles is $ 22. Check out the latest price!
- The natural feel and natural tilt of one of the nipples are as close to the real thing as your baby can get.
- There are no trapped air bubbles with the nipples or bottle, so there’s less of a chance of gas and fussiness with your little one.
- The curved shape of the bottle makes it more ergonomic in your hand, and your baby’s as well.
- All three pieces of the bottle are easy to clean quickly.
- There is a chance of the nipple collapsing while your baby is feeding on the bottle.
- The bottle set comes with two glass bottles, but only one sleeve to use for both of them.
- Your babies might not be used to the slow flow nipples that come with the bottles so that they could suck too hard.
While there’s nothing wrong with plastic bottles by any means, you also can’t ignore the benefits of using glass bottles for your baby. They’re easier to clean and maintain far less stain if any. Plus, with silicone sleeves that come with some of these bottles, you get a more natural way to grip them and though they’re glass, an easier way for your baby to learn to use the bottles as well.
The Baby Brezza Bottle specifically does not come with a silicone sleeve, but the ring around the rim of the bottle has a rubber gripping material for easy grasping.
Everything about the bottle might not be perfect, but thanks to the natural feel of the nipple, ergonomic bottle shape, and wide neck that makes it easy to clean, the Baby Brezza Bottle is a solid choice when considering a glass bottle for your baby.
When compared to others, some of them might have similar qualities, and at their core, they’re all made of a durable but not heavy glass, while the plastic parts remain BPA-free. However, the Baby Brezza Bottle lives up to the best qualities so much that anything less than stellar about the bottle is virtually unimportant.