Making your own baby food doesn’t have to be complicated or intimidating anymore, even if it does go well beyond simply pureeing some fruits and vegetables these days. Thanks to the nine best baby food makers for 2018, though, you’ll be able to find the right device to keep at your disposal to help you make baby food from start to finish.
Yes, that means that not only will the device likely puree and mix up the food, but it will also cook it for you, which can take away a big step that may have slowed the baby food making process down a bit for you before. Whether you’ve heard of some of these brands or they’re brand new to you, at least one is sure to be what you need to cook, blend, and store your baby’s homemade food.
Making baby food, in general, is a healthy and cost-effective way to make your baby’s solid food while also being able to control what goes in and out of their body. For the most part, there’s nothing wrong with jarred baby food from the grocery store, but quite beats being able to choose which foods go into each baby food mixture for your little one.
- 1 1.Babymoov Duo Meal Station Baby Food Maker
- 2 2. Cuisinart BFM-1000 Baby Food Maker
- 3 3. Homia Infano 7-In-1
- 4 4. MLITER All In One Baby Food Maker
- 5 5. BEABA Babycook 4-In-1 Steam Cooker And Blender
- 6 6. Babymoov Nutribaby Food Maker
- 7 7. Bapama Baby Food Maker
- 8 8. Kalorik Baby Food Processor And Steamer
- 9 9. Mumum Baby 4-In-1 Baby Food Maker
1.Babymoov Duo Meal Station Baby Food Maker
Make healthy delicious food for your baby, with this 2 steamer baskets, 3 speed blender easily programmable for various cook times, allows for preservation of nutrients, vitamins and the natural flavor of the foods.
It would be probably easier to explain what the Babymoov Duo Meal Station Baby Food Maker doesn’t do because it does so much regarding making and preparing all kinds of baby food for you. As a 5-in-1 baby food maker, it can defrost, sterilize, steam, blend, and heat, all with the easy-to-use button panel that will make it happen, so you don’t have to go through all of the individual steps yourself.
The panel can be programmed to go through all of the steps you need it to, and it will quietly alert you when the baby food is done and ready to be served. And when it comes time to clean it, all of the parts are dishwasher safe to make things that much easier on you.
- Functions: The Babymoov Duo can sterilize, steam, heat, defrost, and blend.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: Not only does it blend and heat food for you, but it also steam cooks it right in the device.
- The Not So Great: Since the bowls are made of plastic, they can get stained by some of the fruits or vegetables you might use to make baby food.
2. Cuisinart BFM-1000 Baby Food Maker
Cuisinart is known for its many convenient kitchen appliances, so of, course the brand also has the Cuisinart BFM-1000 Baby Food Maker to help you make food for your baby too. Operating it is probably a simple as possible, with a dial that can be turned to either ‘steam’ or ‘chop.’
This might eliminate some of the other fancy options that other baby food makers might have, but it still gets the job done and will leave you with pureed baby food for your little one to enjoy.
What sets is apart from some other high-end baby food makers, though, is the bottle warmer in the back of it that adds a whole additional layer of convenience for you. Plus, the bowl has a four-cup capacity, so you’ll likely be able to make plenty of baby food servings.
- Functions: It can steam cook and chop or puree baby food, as well as warm bottles.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on Amazon or in-store at Best Buy and Kohls.
- The Best Part: The bottle warming component is a unique and plenty useful part of the baby food maker.
- The Not So Great: The water dispenser part and blade can be difficult to clean.
3. Homia Infano 7-In-1
With seven different functions, it’s probably going to be hard to find a baby food maker that’s more accommodating than the Homia Infano 7-In-1. It can blend, chop, clean, disinfect, defrost, steam, and reheat as you need it to, giving you a number of ways to make baby food for your little one in no time at all.
Actually using the Homia Infano is as simple as adding food and water, pressing the ‘steam’ button, pouring the contents back into the bowl afterward, and pressing ‘auto chop.’ In just 15 minutes or less, you’ll have several different servings of baby food for you to put in jars or containers for future use and all without needing to cook or chop anything yourself.
Plus, the chic design of the baby food maker makes it pleasing to look at kitchen appliances that can be kept out on the counter as opposed to being stored away after each use.
- Functions: From disinfecting and cleaning to blending, chopping, defrosting, steaming, and reheating, the appliance can pretty much do it all.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find it on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The wide tank opening where the water goes is easy to clean out and keep dry to avoid any potential mold buildup.
- The Not So Great: Getting everything in place to properly make food can be tricky to get the hang of.
4. MLITER All In One Baby Food Maker
The MLITER All In One Baby Food Maker isn’t lying about being “all in one,” since it more or less does it all. It can sterilize bottle parts, steam food, blend, defrost, and even reheat, so you won’t have to worry about doing anything separately yourself in order to make large or small batches of baby food for your little one.
It also comes with three different steaming baskets, so you can potentially steam three different foods at once to then empty into the main mixing bowl and puree together until you get the desired consistency.
For your safety, it also has an anti-dry function, which means that it will automatically turn off after 10 minutes if no water is detected. And, just in case your idea of true convenience is an easy clean-up, you can put all of the pieces in the dishwasher when you’re done.
- Functions: The MLITER can sterilize bottles, steam, blend, defrost, and reheat.
- Where To Buy: At this time, you can primarily find it on Amazon.
- The Best Part: It can steam meat and vegetables at the same time, thanks to the multiple steaming baskets.
- The Not So Great: Since the main bowl is made of plastic, there is the possibility of scratches showing up over time.
5. BEABA Babycook 4-In-1 Steam Cooker And Blender
With a mixing bowl that can hold almost five cups of prepared baby food, the BEABA Babycook 4-In-1 Steam Cooker And Blender and Blender is designed to do everything you’ll need it to do in order to have nutritious and pureed baby food.
You can operate the small convenient dial with one hand to turn it to the setting you need, and there’s even a timer and auto shut-off so you won’t have to worry about the food overcooking in the event that you don’t hear the timer go off at the end of the steaming and blending stages.
The mixing bowl is made from plastic, which might not be ideal for some parents, but it is BPA-free, and the water reservoir is stainless steel. That way, you won’t have to worry too much about the possibility of mold or rust over time.
- Functions: The BEABA Babycook can defrost, steam, blend, and reheat.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website.
- The Best Part: For the most part, the BEABA makes a much larger batch of baby food than a lot of other similar baby food makers.
- The Not So Great: In some cases, the bowl might crack, which will mean replacing it, sometimes more than once.
6. Babymoov Nutribaby Food Maker
In a way, the Babymoov Nutribaby Food Maker might be too large to keep out on your counter between each use. But for all that it does, it’s kind of worth it. For baby food, you’ll have the capability of defrosting, steaming, reheating, and blending, and when it comes to bottles, the baby food maker can also sterilize them, along with all of their little parts.
This alone might be enough to sway some parents, but it also has an easy-to-read LCD screen to make programming for your desired function relatively easy for pretty much anyone. And with two separate steamer baskets, you can make enough baby food at once to whip up around 25 servings for your little one.
- Functions: The Babymoov Nutribaby can defrost, steam, reheat, and blend, as well as sterilize bottles.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: The baby food maker can make up to 25 servings of baby food at one time, which means that you’ll be able to make plenty to jar and store for later.
- The Not So Great: Because the main mixing bowl is made of plastic, it’s likely to develop stains or scratches over time.
7. Bapama Baby Food Maker
With the simple one-handed controls of the Bapama Baby Food Maker, you can literally load it up and turn it on with one hand while keeping your baby in your other arm.
It’s a definite win-win situation, and since the Bapama can steam, blend, heat, and defrost food, it does provide a lot of handy uses that you’ll need in any baby food maker. In as little as 15 minutes, it will steam and blend whatever mixture you add in and make healthy and homemade baby food for you, so you don’t have to go through all of the individual steps yourself.
It also has a considerably less noisy motor, so you won’t have to worry about potentially waking your sleeping baby while it’s running.
- Functions: The Bapama can blend, steam, reheat, and defrost food.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find it on Amazon at this time.
- The Best Part: It’s easy to clean and dry before either keeping it out on your counter or storing it away until your next use.
- The Not So Great: There’s a chance that rust will eventually form in the water reservoir.
8. Kalorik Baby Food Processor And Steamer
It might not say it in the name, but the Kalorik Baby Food Processor and Steamer is actually a 5-in-1 baby food maker that, like so many others on this list, do pretty much everything so you don’t have to.
It will steam, chop, heat, and defrost your baby’s food while also sterilizing their pacifiers for added convenience. Of course, other similar baby food makers also have those features, but the Kalorik can steam cook the baby food in almost no time at all before it’s ready to be chopped and pureed to the right consistency.
And after you turn it to the correct setting, it’s easy to steam whatever food you add-in and then dump them in to blend.
- Functions: Not only can the baby food maker sanitize pacifiers, but for baby food, it can steam, chop, heat, and defrost.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon.
- The Best Part: For the most part, it can steam and then blend baby food fast enough to be ready in time for your baby to eat it soon after putting all of the necessary ingredients in it.
- The Not So Great: You have to carefully take part in the baby food maker apart in order to clean all of the food out of it.
9. Mumum Baby 4-In-1 Baby Food Maker
The whole point of a solid baby food maker is that it does most of the work for you and with the Mumum Baby 4-in-1 Baby Food Maker that’s what you’ll get, along with a handy timer to let you know when it’s all finished, so you don’t have to stand around watching and waiting.
It might be relatively small and compact when it comes to baby food makers, but it essentially does everything that any other one can do. The Mumum can steam, heat, blend, and defrost food all in the easy to use and store machine.
The control panel is easy to understand, as it has different settings depending on what foods you plan to steam and then blend, so you won’t undercook anything and won’t over-blend other foods. Sure the baby food maker is on the smaller side, but it does still offer many of the same conveniences as other similar products.
- Functions: It can defrost, steam, reheat, and puree foods.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find it on Amazon.
- The Best Part: It’s compact enough to be able to store pretty much anywhere in your kitchen and also take on family trips with you if need.
- The Not So Great: Since it has a smaller capacity, though, it could mean making batches of baby food more frequently than if you went with a different baby food maker.
It can be admittedly easy to give up on the whole baby food-making thing. You might have tried once and were left with watered-down soupy baby food that was far from the creamy or chunky mix your baby needs.
Then there’s the whole matter of cleaning the baby food maker each time and making sure that you have somewhere to store it between uses once it’s finally dried properly. But in the end, it indeed is worth the small troubles if it means that you can use one of these baby food makers to cook and blend your baby’s food with little preparation and work on your part.
You might get to choose what is going into the baby food, but these devices do all of the hard work for you, short of actually cleaning up at the end. Out of the nine best baby food makers for 2018, it’s more than likely that at least one will be what you need.