- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles: Which is Better? - January 23, 2023
- Baby Formula Recalls : Latest Baby Formula Recall - January 16, 2023
- Tommee Tippee vs Avent: Which is Better? - January 5, 2023
As silly as it might sound to some, there’s something so authentic feeling about wooden play kitchens for toddlers. Instead of investing in hard plastic that can sometimes fall apart or comes with sticker decals that more often than not end up being torn away or applied crookedly, a wooden play kitchen is just long lasting.
The best wooden play kitchens are also more realistic, in a way, which makes playtime that much more fun for little ones. Not to mention the fact that kitchens that are a little more sleek, but still fun and creative, look better and less bulky in the common areas of your home.
Where you might prefer to keep other noisy toys shoved in your little one’s bedroom or playroom, a fun wooden play kitchen can typically go with any living room decor if that’s where your child prefers to play.
Even wooden kitchen accessories make playtime more fun and long lasting for children. The faux boxes of cereal or crackers that some kids play with are all well and good, but those can rip or bend very easily.
With wooden play food and kitchen accessories to go along with one of these top wooden play kitchens, you’re getting long lasting toys that won’t tear, bend, or break easily at all. Depending on your budget, it may be easier for you to choose which of these wooden play kitchens is best for your family to purchase based on the cost alone, but there really are a variety of different options to entertain your child for hours on end.
1. Step2 Grand Walk-in Wooden Play Kitchen
The Step2 brand is known for making so many different kinds of plastic play kitchens for toddlers, but it also makes the Step2 Grand Walk-In Wooden Play Kitchen, which is like a breath of fresh air compared to some of the other kitchens from the brand that are similar to each other and made of plastic.
Instead of being a simple straightforward kitchen, though, it’s a U-shaped kitchen that your child can use from all sides and with friends or siblings too.
It also has drawers, hooks for hanging little spatulas and towels, and a countertop to enjoy pretend meals with your little one. It really is like a luxurious version of the typical wooden play kitchen, but that just makes it that much more of an impressive find for your child.
- Child Age Range: It’s suitable for kids from 36 months-7 years old.
- Where To Buy: You can buy the kitchen on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: There’s tons of storage space to store all of the many little accessories your child will accumulate for their play kitchen.
- The Not So Great: Since it is larger, it’s going to be a little more difficult and time-consuming to put together.
2. KidKraft Uptown Natural Kitchen
The KidKraft Uptown Natural Kitchen is a little smaller than some other wooden play kitchens, but that just means that it’s perfect if you have limited space in your home. It’s still big enough for more than one child to enjoy playing with it at once though and it even has a modern-looking backsplash to go with the refrigerator and play appliances.
There’s also a chalkboard on the little refrigerator and a realistic-looking sink for your little ones to take turns washing to pretend dishes at. Not to mention the little knob hooks and storage space in the faux oven and dishwasher that should fit most of your child’s accessories for their kitchen.
- Child Age Range: The KidKraft Uptown is for children ages three and up.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: The natural wooden look helps the kitchen go with some real-life kitchens, making it an adorable toy to have in some homes.
- The Not So Great: The sink portion can come out when needed, which means that kids can pull it out with ease and potentially damage or lose it.
3. Naomi Home Kids Gourmet Kitchen Set
The Naomi Home Kids Gourmet Kitchen Set will probably make you want to renovate your own kitchen to match it, with its faux stainless steel appliances and pretend granite countertop.
It might not be as large or as involved as the Step2 Grand Walk-In, but it’s definitely large enough for multiple children to enjoy playing with it at once. It also has twistable knobs for the stove and oven and the refrigerator, oven, and dishwasher all open and close for fun playtime and storage of all of the kitchen accessories and supplies. There’s even a little kitchen towel rack to really give your little one the full effect.
- Child Age Range: It’s designed for children from 36 months-10 years old.
- Where To Buy: At this time, you can primarily find the kitchen on Amazon.
- The Best Part: It can be used for older kids as well as toddlers, so your child can really get years of use out of it.
- The Not So Great: It will likely take several hours to properly put the kitchen together with no scratches.
4. Melissa & Doug Wooden Chef’s Pretend Play Toy Kitchen
The Melissa & Doug brand is known for its fun and functional wooden toys, puzzles, and games designed to entertain your child for hours while also remaining long-lasting and free from the struggles of batteries or plugs.
So it’s not all that surprising that they also designed the Melissa & Doug Wooden Chef’s Pretend Play Toy Kitchen, which comes in either a charcoal or pink-themed color to suit your child’s interests as well as possible. It has plenty of storage space and even an open cabinet of sorts that can house a bin for more storage if needed. Plus, the little refrigerator has an ice dispenser that really does deposit pretend ice in little cups.
- Child Age Range: It can be used by children from ages 36 months-8 years old.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase the kitchen on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The little ice cube dispenser is an added feature to really make the play kitchen interactive for your child.
- The Not So Great: The way the doors open and close could be made a little more secure and snug when closed.
5. Teamson Design Kids Playful Bubble Gum Wooden Play Kitchen
The Teamson Design Kids Playful Bubble Gum Wooden Play Kitchen has easy to grip handles on all of the doors and a slid open cabinet, but what really sets it apart from some of the other wooden play kitchens is its vintage design.
From the refrigerator to the oval window on the front of the oven, it’s both fun for children and also so unique and chic as a toy kitchen to put pretty much anywhere in your home. It’s also got a considerably shorter set-up time than a lot of other kitchens, which is a clear added bonus for parents.
- Child Age Range: Children ages three and up can enjoy the kitchen.
- Where To Buy: At this time, you can primarily find it on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The doors on the faux alliances stay closed with a reassuring click.
- The Not So Great: As the sliding cabinet doors often come loose or off their track of sorts, you may be stuck fixing the kitchen often.
6. Giantex Kids Wood Kitchen Playset
It may be built like your standard wooden play kitchen, but the Giantex Kids Wood Kitchen Playset is more than wide enough to accommodate multiple children at once to be able to share in the fun together.
It has ample storage space both above and below the little countertop and it comes with wooden serving utensils that have convenient hooks to keep them in place when not in use. As an added bonus, it’s finished with non-toxic paint which is ideal for children of all ages to have a safe and fun playtime with the wooden kitchen.
- Child Age Range: Kids ages three and up can have fun with the kitchen.
- Where To Buy: At this time, you can primarily find it on Amazon.
- The Best Part: Since it’s on the heavier side, you can be more secure in its ability to withstand long periods of play and for a long time.
- The Not So Great: Assembling the kitchen can be frustrating, especially as some pieces may not line up properly if you aren’t very careful, so it can take some time to get the task done.
7. Hape Wood Kids Play Kitchen
Compared to some of the other wooden play kitchens on this list, the Hape Wood Kids Play Kitchen might be on the small side, but it’s still fun for children to enjoy and play with together.
It does have a small stove top, sink, and oven, but also more than a dozen accessories that can help ignite your child’s imagination during playtime. Plus, there’s an adorable backsplash and spot to store all of the little accessories that come with the wooden play kitchen. And since all of the accessories are also wood, you can be sure that they’ll last a while.
- Child Age Range: The kitchen is perfect for children three years old and up.
- Where To Buy: You can find the kitchen on Amazon at this time.
- The Best Part: All of the extra wooden accessories that come with the kitchen set add something extra to playtime for your child.
- The Not So Great: Some of the parts, like the knobs or the little doors, might come off easily and need to be fixed more often than not.
8. Teamson Kids Little Chef Wooden Toy Play Kitchen
The Teamson Kids Little Chef Wooden Toy Play Kitchen is another play kitchen on the smaller side, but it also has adorable shelves and wooden drawer bins for storing all of the accessories that come with it, in addition to the other play kitchen toys.
The little phone adds something extra to pretend play for your little one and the sink can be popped out for easy cleaning and sanitizing. The little stove and oven knobs can be turned with built-in sound effects so your child will really feel like they’re cooking just like you.
- Child Age Range: It’s designed for children ages three and up.
- Where To Buy: You can find the kitchen on Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: It comes in a wood grain color or green/white/yellow combination and at $76, is considerable less expensive than other wooden play kitchens.
- The Not So Great: The doors can be difficult to open for younger toddlers and some of the stove knobs may pop off easily.
Investing in a reliable and aesthetically pleasing wooden play kitchen can be fun for your child, sure, but it can also mean a less bulky and intrusive toy crowing your home.
Whether you opt for one of the smaller kitchens or a more involved one, you’ll still be left with a wooden play kitchen that looks fun and interesting and won’t soon break as easily as some of the plastic-built ones out there. Plus, your child is sure to enjoy it for years to come, so it’s like a win-win situation.