Rubber rain boots might not be the highest item on the list of must-haves for your child to survive on a day-to-day basis, but they certainly help out on rainy days when your child is drawn to muddy puddles. The whole point of rubber boots is to allow interaction with water or moisture while keeping the feet dry and, in some cases, warm and toasty too.
One of these eight best rubber boots for toddlers is sure to be what your own little one needs to be able to enjoy rainy weather during the warmer months of the year and really, just to be able to walk outside if it’s raining and not have water immediately seep through the cloth of his or her shoes.
Yes, having a reliable pair of rubber boots is also handy for playing in the puddles that are left behind from showers or thunderstorms, but the right rubber boots for your toddler will also help keep their feet warm and dry.
You might think that choosing the right toddler rubber rain boots is as easy as selecting a pair from the department store shelf that has handles for easy pulling on and that’s that.
While some toddler rain boots in the same style really are effective, there are also a ton of other contributing factors to the right rubber boots, especially depending on you and your child’s own personal preferences. And if you’re lucky, you’ll be able to stick with the boots that work the best and continue moving up in sizes as your child’s feet grow each year.
- 1 1. Lone Cone Children’s Waterproof Rubber Rain Boots
- 2 2. Crocs Kids’ Handle It Rain Boots
- 3 3. Oakiwear Kids Waterproof Rubber Rain Boots
- 4 4. Bogs Kids’ Skipper Waterproof Rubber Rain Boots
- 5 5. Puddle Play Toddler and Kids Rain Boots
- 6 6. Hatley Rain Boots
- 7 7. Cior Rain Boots
- 8 8. Kamik Kids’ Rainplaylo Rain Boots
1. Lone Cone Children’s Waterproof Rubber Rain Boots
Like the toddler rain boots that pretty much everyone equates to the standard option for kids, the Lone Cone Children’s Waterproof Rubber Rain Boots are designed with convenient handles on either side of the top on each of them.
They also come in more than a dozen different designs, which makes choosing the best ones for your little one fun and will allow your children to tell theirs apart from one another if they all wear the same rubber boots. The boots are made entirely of a sturdy and flexible rubber that won’t rip or tear easily thanks to a one-piece design meant to help prevent seam rips.
Your child will still need to wear comfortable socks while wearing the boots, but they’ll also be able to run and jump in them, as the bottom of each boot has plenty of traction so you won’t have to worry about falls more often than you already do.
- Available Sizes: The boots are available in toddler sizes 3-10, little kid sizes 11-3, and big kid size 4.
- Where To Buy: At this time, you can primarily find the boots on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The added traction on the bottom will likely help prevent slipping while your child navigates wet and potentially slippery sidewalks.
- The Not So Great: The boots themselves can feel relatively heavy, even when they haven’t been through the rain.
2. Crocs Kids’ Handle It Rain Boots
Crocs make more than just slip-on sandals and for toddlers, that’s a good thing, since it also means that the Crocs Handle It Kids Rain Boots exist. They have the convenient handles to allow your child to learn how to pull them on by his or herself, but they’re also made with the classic Croc material that holds up fairly well for a long time in most cases.
They aren’t insulated, as many Crocs shoes aren’t, but they’ll still keep your child’s feet dry and even warm as long as you have him or her wear socks with the boots. And being made of the same material that Crocs are known for, the boots are also really lightweight, which means that your toddler can easily carry them.
- Available Sizes: The boots come in toddler/small children size 6-13 and junior sizes 1-3.
- Where To Buy: You can find them on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: They’re lightweight enough for your child to be able to pull them on with ease without help from you.
- The Not So Great: The boots tend to run small, so it’s always best to order them more than one size up.
3. Oakiwear Kids Waterproof Rubber Rain Boots
One of the best things about the Oakiwear Kids Waterproof Rubber Rain Boots is that while they’re rubber boots, they also have a 100% cotton interior to help keep your child’s feet warm and dry throughout the day.
They also have handles to easy pulling on and when they’re on your toddler, they’re high enough so there’s little to no chance of water getting in through the top. And since the boots are made from a strong rubber instead of PVC, which means that they will not only last longer than some other rubber toddler boots, but they’ll also be less likely to smell after being used for a while.
- Available Sizes: They’re available in toddler sizes 4-13 and kid sizes 1-4.
- Where To Buy: You can find the boots on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: The interior isn’t simply made of rubber, but also as a soft cotton lining for added comfort.
- The Not So Great: For some kids, the seams of the boots might start to crack or tear after just a few months of use.
4. Bogs Kids’ Skipper Waterproof Rubber Rain Boots
Like some other rubber boots, the Bogs Skipper Kids Waterproof Rubber Rain Boots are designed to be pulled on by the wearer, but the handles are built into the sides rather than placed right at the top opening of each boot.
The boots themselves are also lined with a special Bogs Max-Wick fabric, which is meant to pull any moisture away from your child’s feet to keep them dry while wearing the boots. They also have a DuraFresh biotechnology to keep your little one’s feet fresh and the boots from obtaining any smells over time. While waterproof like so many of the other rubber boots for toddlers, these really do have a little bit of specific technology specific to the brand.
- Available Sizes: The boots come in toddler sizes 4-10 and little kid sizes 11-13.
- Where To Buy: You can find the boots on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The fabric that lines the inside is meant to help pull moisture away from your toddler’s feet in the unlikely incident that water sneaks its way into the boots.
- The Not So Great: The boots do run small, which could mean that your walking toddler might grow out of them completely a lot faster than other brands of toddler rubber boots.
5. Puddle Play Toddler and Kids Rain Boots
Rubber boots for toddlers are certainly meant to keep your child’s feet dry in inclement weather, but the Puddle Play Toddler and Kids Rain Boots are literally made for their love of playing in puddles.
They are completely waterproof and also provide plenty of comfort as your child keeps them on even after playing in the puddles.
Not only is the exterior made to keep the cold and wetness out, but the interior of the boots is lined with a soft and comfortable polyester fleece lining to add further protection for your little one’s little feet, which is definitely an added bonus that you don’t see very often. And, as to be expected, the boots are made with convenient handles to make pulling them on a breeze each and every time.
- Available Sizes: The boots come in toddler sizes 5, 7-10, and little kid sizes 11-13, 2, and 1.
- Where To Buy: You can find the boots on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The polyester fleece lining helps keep your child’s feet warm and dry while the outside acts as another barrier to keep out moisture.
- The Not So Great: Although the lining is warm and convenient to have, the inner soles can come out easily.
6. Hatley Rain Boots
It might not be the most important thing in the world for rubber toddler boots to be available in a ton of different prints and varieties, but the Hatley Classic Rain Boots are unique in their many different pattern options.
Since your child will invariably want to pick out their own boots and choose their favorite color or pattern that suits them best, the Hatley Rain Boots offer plenty of options for them to choose from.
But they also have a soft cotton lining in addition to the PVC-free rubber that helps keep water out of the boot and prevents it from penetrating it to get inside. And just in case you have concerns about your toddler slipping and falling while they walk or play in the rain, the bottom of the soles of these boots are slip-resistant.
- Available Sizes: The boots come in sizes 4-7 for toddlers, 8-13 for little kids, and 1-3 for big kids.
- Where To Buy: You can buy the boots on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: For the most part, the boots run true to size, which can’t be said for many others, which require sizing up or down for your toddler.
- The Not So Great: Since the boots consist of different parts fused and glued together, the Hatley boots might rip or tear at the seams more easily than some others.
7. Cior Rain Boots
The Cior Rain Boots are just as effective as other rubber toddler rain boots that have pull handles or are taller, but they have a unique style to them. Instead of being tall rubber rain boots, they’re shorter ankle boots. They’re also easy to pull on as they have a portion of elastic built-in to help stretch the opening to fit over your child’s feet each time.
There isn’t any insulation to add softness or warmth on the inside, but that’s what socks can be worn for and the fact that the boots are made without a liner means that your child can wear the boots during pretty much any season.
- Available Sizes: They’re available in size 10 for toddlers and 10-1.5 for little kids.
- Where To Buy: Right now, the boots are primarily available on Amazon.
- The Best Part: They’re not only waterproof and perfect for walking in the rain, but the boots are also nice to look at and can be worn with a variety of different outfits.
- The Not So Great: Since the boots are short, there is the chance that water can get in through the top more easily than with standard tall rubber rain boots.
8. Kamik Kids’ Rainplaylo Rain Boots
Like the Cior boots, the Kamik Boys’ Rainplaylo Rain Boots Kamik Kids’ Rainplaylo Rain Boots are designed to be more like rubber rain ankle boots.
That certainly doesn’t make them any less useful in the rain, however, as the boots have a comfortable lined interior to help keep your child’s feet comfortable and warm while the outside repels water in most instances. The bottom of the boots are made to have strong traction and help prevent your child from slipping in the rain and since they’re smaller boots, they’re overall easier and more lightweight to carry.
- Available Sizes: The boots are available in sizes 3-10 for toddlers.
- Where To Buy: You can find the boots on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon too.
- The Best Part: For toddlers with bigger or thicker legs, these are the perfect solution for still giving them rubber boots.
- The Not So Great: If the size you choose is too large for your toddler, then the opening at the ankle will also be too big and you won’t be able to keep the boots on your toddler.
While rain boots are certainly no necessity when it comes to what your toddler needs, he or she will inevitably thank you for them in the long run.
They keep your little one’s little feet dry and comfortable in the event of wet weather when it’s too warm for snow boots and too wet for sandals, which will just cause your toddler to slip more often than not. With the right rubber boots for your toddler, you can allow them to continue to enjoy the outdoors in the rain, but without the worry that they’ll catch a cold from their feet getting wet or that they’ll ruin their school shoes in a wet muddy puddle. So really, it’s a win-win situation all around.