Sometimes, it might feel like you’re packing up an entire car full of baby supplies to leave your home each day. However, there are some baby accessories and products that you just can’t take with you.
In some cases, this is going to be an excellent high chair you can take with you on the go, on a camping trip, or on vacation. Since you can’t guarantee that all restaurants will even have acceptable high chairs, it’s important to think about the best travel high chairs for your baby and what you’re looking for.
Plenty are essentially booster seats that can be taken with you with ease, while others are made of canvas and unfold with a flick of the wrist.
Then you have those travel high chairs that connect right to the table and are sometimes welcomed in a place of your actual high chair at home. In many cases, high travel chairs aren’t suitable for very young babies or, at the very least, babies who can’t yet hold up their heads.
But since each chair is different, each one also has separate age and weight requirements for your baby’s safety. You can be sure that among these nine best travel high chairs, though, one is sure to be the right fit for your little one.
- 1 1. Summer Infant Pop And Sit Portable Highchair
- 2 2. Regalo Easy Diner Portable Hook On High Chair
- 3 3. Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat
- 4 4. Beanstalk Child Care Booster Seat High Chair
- 5 5. The First Years On-The-Go Booster Seat
- 6 6. Munchkin BRICA GoBoost Travel Booster Seat
- 7 7. Ciao Baby Portable High Chair
1. Summer Infant Pop And Sit Portable Highchair
Although it might initially look like something you’d take camping or on picnics to the park, it’s easy and plenty acceptable to use the Summer Infant Pop and Sit Portable Highchair anywhere.
It folds up easily and fits right inside of its storage back for easy carrying and travel. It also has plastic that can be wiped down easily and a three-point harness to keep your baby safely and securely in place. And since the seat is fabric, it can be removed and cleaned in the washer to make things even easier for you.
It even has a sturdy tray that attaches to the front of it so you can either use that or opt to take it off and position the high chair at a table, but either way, both the tray and the chair fit in the carrying bag.
- Child Age Range: The high chair is recommended for children from six months-three years old and 45 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find the high chair on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Babies ‘R Us and Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: It’s lightweight enough to carry over your shoulder and take with you on the go while also carrying your little one.
- The Not So Great: The holes for your child’s legs may be too small for your little one, which can be especially inconvenient as your baby grows.
2. Regalo Easy Diner Portable Hook On High Chair
As to be expected, there’s a reason why the Regalo Easy Diner Portable Hook-On High Chair is so high on this list of the best travel high chairs. It’s probably what you immediately think of when you think of portable high chairs period. Like the name says, it’s a seat designed to attach right onto the table, which means that you can essentially use the hook on a high chair with any table anywhere.
For your baby’s safety, there’s a five-point harness and a double locking system to keep it in place at the table, and except for the comfortable easy-to-wipe seat, the frame is made entirely of strong and durable steel.
- Child Age Range: It’s designed for children up to 37 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find the hook on a high chair on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: It can be taken out and properly attached to any table in less than a minute and taken down in the same amount of time.
- The Not So Great: The painted arms and other exposed steel parts scratch easily.
3. Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat
As any parent knows, Fisher-Price doesn’t just make fun and educational toys for kids, and that’s a really good thing since it also makes the Fisher-price Healthy Care Booster Seat.
Although it does come with a convenient carrying strap that helps make it truly portable, it doesn’t fold up or attach to tables in any way. Instead, it’s more of a booster high chair seat that you can bring with you away from home. It does have three separate trays to use as needed and to make it so you won’t have to but the booster seat up against any tables if you’re unable to find a table around you at feeding time.
It also has multiple height adjustments and a secure three-point harness to keep your little one in place while keeping them comfortable as well.
- Child Age Range: It’s recommended for children up to 50 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Bed Bath & Beyond and Kohl’s.
- The Best Part: You can adjust the height of the seat and even how tightly the tray comes in so that you can customize it for your child.
- The Not So Great: Since there are multiple pieces to it, including the multiple trays, the high chair booster can become a hassle for some.
4. Beanstalk Child Care Booster Seat High Chair
The Beanstalk Child Care Booster Seat High Chair is another high travel chair that needs to be attached to something to get used out of it really, but in this case, it’s not the table it needs to be strapped and secured too.
Instead, you hook the top handle around the top of a dining chair and then buckle it underneath to secure the high chair in place. This might make things difficult if you need a portable high chair, but have to chairs available to you, but as long as you do, the Beanstalk is lightweight enough to be able to carry with you anywhere.
It also has a harness for added safety and multiple height adjustments to accommodate your growing child. And the entire seat weights just four pounds and has a reinforced steel frame and durable fabric seat for your baby’s comfort.
- Child Age Range: It’s perfect for babies from six-24 months old.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find the high hair on Amazon.
- The Best Part: You won’t have to worry about your baby being seated too low in comparison to everyone else at the table, and since it allows them to be right up against the table, you’ll be able to prevent some of the crumbs and spills other high chairs see.
- The Not So Great: Depending on the chair style and size, there is the off chance that it won’t fit properly.
5. The First Years On-The-Go Booster Seat
Although there are plenty of comparable travel high chairs, the
Once you unzip it, the portable booster seat will essentially inflate itself and pop up to give your baby a comfortable and safe option for a high chair when you’re not at home. The seat itself buckles around the back and bottom of a standard dining chair, and there’s a large buckle up front to keep your baby in the seat. Plus, it can be wiped clean with ease, and there’s a mesh pocket on the bag for storing any small meal essentials for your baby.
- Child Age Range: It’s recommended for babies from nine months old and up to 50 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Target.
- The Best Part: All you need to do to set it up after unzipping it is buckle it to a chair, and you’ll have fully formed travel booster seat high chair.
- The Not So Great: Although it can be used for babies from nine months old, yours may not be ready, as they should be able to sit in the seat without help and without wiggling too much.
6. Munchkin BRICA GoBoost Travel Booster Seat
Munchkin is another baby brand that most parents come to know and trust well. Thus, it’s no big surprise that the brand has the Munchkin BRICA GoBoost Travel Booster Seat, which is designed to be not only lightweight and easy to carry with a long strap, but also convenient for all of your baby’s meal needs.
Instead of having just a simple pocket for a few items, the travel booster seat has a full compartment beneath the seat that can be filled with diapers and wipes or even plastic ware, bottles, and small plates if needed.
It seems to be all about convenience all around, and that just adds to the benefits of the travel booster seat. It can also be wiped clean easily after each use or after messes, and it has traction pads on the bottom to ensure that it doesn’t slip off most hard chair surfaces.
- Child Age Range: It’s suitable for children from 12-36 months old and up to 50 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Toys ‘R Us.
- The Best Part: The storage compartment is convenient, easy to access at any given time, and sets the seat apart from others.
- The Not So Great: The belted safety strap might be too short or too tight as your baby grows.
7. Ciao Baby Portable High Chair
The Ciao Baby Portable High Chair is another high travel chair that folds up and unfolds with ease so you can take it pretty much anywhere, especially as it has a built-in tray suitable for any meals your baby might need while away from home.
It’s got ample leg openings to accommodate your growing child as well as a five-point harness system that’s sure to keep them safely in place. The high chair itself weighs just eight pounds and comes with a carrying bag so you can easily take it with you on the go without any added stress about a heavy or bulky travel high chair.
The tray, which has a built-in cup holder, can be wiped clean, as can the actual chair itself, which adds to the convenience of using the lightweight fold-up travel high chair.
- Child Age Range: It’s recommended for children up to three years old.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Target and Walmart.
- The Best Part: Setting up the chair is as comfortable as simply unfolding it once it’s out of the carrying bag.
- The Not So Great: Since the tray is not removable, it can be a struggle at times to get your little one in and out of the high chair.
Whatever your needs may be, there are plenty of travel high chairs to choose from. In most cases, you can also get used out of them for years, especially if you choose to go with a travel booster seat.
And since you can also use some of these in your home without feeling like you’re camping, you’ll be able to get even more use out of your chosen travel high chair. Once you figure out what is most important to you, whether it’s the cost, size, style, longevity, comfort, or a healthy combination of all three, one of these travel high chairs are bound to work well for your baby for the long haul.